/mcg/ - Minecraft General

Previous thread:
(Cross-thread)

We discuss Minecraft, Minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

househunting.tumblr.com/
textures-resource.com/
pastebin.com/v8aDgLTm
mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/230898-better-boat
paste
reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/6i3ngt/anyone_interested_in_japanese_mods/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fell off the board at 181. Good job guys.

Haha people still play this game??

>letting the thread die
Stop it retards.

>Call people fags for a thread dying
>Surprised when moral is low and people don't feel like bumping a thread
You know when you spew this toxic shit around, it *surprisingly* doesn't actually help anything. It actually makes the situation worse. Providing constructive and positive posts would go a long way. Remember, monkey see monkey do, when you do something, odds are someone else will follow suite. So when you shit all over your nest, the next person will probably shit all over it too. But when you do something constructive and help the general, the next person will probably want to help out as well.

This is a self fulfilling cycle.

If you want a better general, it starts with (YOU).

When someone else does something shitty, you have to resist fighting fire with fire, it's tempting I know but it goes no where. You have to instead point out they are being unreasonable and provide a constructive alternative to their behavior - the second part is the most important part, providing guidance and structure for them to improve on, anyone can be a critic but providing good and quality information for that criticism can have a profound effect.

Remember, change starts with (YOU).

Don't be lazy and hope some single amazing person will materialize out of nothing and will come and fix everything magically. It won't happen, to fix a community, you have to work like a community.

I'm not asking you to turn into some gay reddit hug box. I'm not asking you to pretend to be something you're not. I'm just asking that before you post, ask yourself a question. Does this help anyone? Is this a constructive post? Am I doing my part in the community? If you answered no to anyone of those you probably should revise your post or course of action.

Remember, /mcg/ is a community. It only works if ALL of us are working together. No lone actors, everyone. Think, and stay positive.

The thing is, most people in this general hate the game, the community and what has become of it, yet are unwilling to do as much as lift a finger to try and steer the community - yes, even /mcg/ itself - in a positive direction. This is why people who like the game and enjoy it eventually stop posting here and move to various Discords or IRCs, then the threads start dying before hitting the post limit on even weekends.

Thanks for writing this up.

Nah I'm just mad my OP died.

hey /mcg/ have a bump

bump

>used to post random screens and inspo when thread was dead
>lately didn't have time to play minecraft so didn't post much.
I feel guilty. Not that I was solely responsible to keep it alive, but at least I was contributing.

that's pretty comfy actually

I'm convinced that LexManos is the Donald Trump of Minecraft.

>has high opinion of self and his capabilities when history proves significant inadequacy
>takes credit for the work of others, embellishes own accomplishments
>makes angry unchecked statements online based on personal feelings or inadequacies instead of unbiased facts
>makes controversial decisions based on those inadequacies or simply spite against his opponents
>engages in personal attacks against people who oppose his judgement, including lying about them
>surrounds himself with lackeys whose talent is less important than their loyalty
>ensures his own financial success over the success of the projects he manages
>slums around at dinners with questionable characters of money who convince him of what direction his projects need to take
>is racist as fuck

Prove me wrong.

Mates I found like two of the Nintendo console resource packs converted for PC, is there some place to get all of them?

Does anyone have a config for MineTweaker that makes Bamboo work well with BoP's bamboo?

any of you ever made a house you seen on a real estate listing or something like househunting.tumblr.com/

i keep seein cool pads but i can't grapple the scale. it looks like real doors would be like 3 blocks tall and windows are 2 blocks tall starting 1 block off the floor, but i can't quite get a door to be taller than how it is.

figure seein some builds of normal houses and their real life counterparts would help

Going by the crashlog someone posted last thread, the problem is most likely happening because of a simple typo (the mod is looking for "registory" instead of "registry"). You could try Google Translating your way into posting a bug report in the Japanese forums, they allow guest posting so you wouldn't put up a shamefur dispray in front of nippojin-sama-tachi.

On the Japanese forums, you can also post in English and put the Japanese Google Translated version below, in a spoiler. You have to include at least some Japanese in the post, however - this is a measure to deter spambots.

the bug last thread was because the guy downloaded an old version for mc1.7.2.
in fact it wasn't even the last version released for 1.7.2 but something even older.

I was referring to the one that makes the recipes better or something like that

Im gonna post some nice inspo I have saved

Naboo in SW8

Egyptian or Iranian village a 100 years ago
Legos can be impressively aesthethic.

Korean army in an abandoned temple somewhere around Cambodia, during the finno-korean hyper war.

European master race shack.

exactly what I needed. Thanks!

Can someone screen cap this so we can make a threadly reminder of it?

México lindo y querido

Portugistan, land of trannies and Albertos Barbossas

bunch of console and win10 skins on textures-resource.com/

Psi 1.7 backport when?

God is cleansing those sodomites with holy fire as I write this!

while people are posting inspiration, requesting Half-Life (black mesa) or similar, and really small (french?) villages

ONE MORE GOD REJECTED

This is why I appreciate vanillafags, they post builds with enthusiasm

Have a (You).

(Me)?

link the new thread in the old you fucking piece of shit

>i can't use the catalog, spoonfeed me

I know I'm going to get shit for playing on a meme version, but I'm hoping someone might be able to give me a lead on what the fuck is going on with this piece of shit.

pastebin.com/v8aDgLTm

JVM args:
>-Xmx6G -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:-UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -Xmn6G -d64

using release 1.10.2-forge1.10.2-12.18.3.2316

It's just sitting here for the past ten minutes. This happened after I added Railcraft.

The old one died before anyone could, user.

I think RC is still in dev so maybe thats why. Try asking the developer. Your pack is shit btw[/spoiler}

I'm working on it mod by mod. What do you think I'm missing? What should I lose?

bump

>What should I lose?

When will we see a server with Buildcarft, IC2 and some other mods where griefing is supposed to happen outside of some personal safe areas? Once we made a server of a limited map where evereyone had their little safe zone to keep their stuff and out of there it was a total war for resources and general griefing.

remove safe spaces

But it's too autistic without them, because that way everyone just hides in fear os losing their MFSU and nobody interacts with each other. Besides if someone finds someone's base its pretty match game over for the vistim and the server will just die in a day.
Been there, done that.

When are you fuckers going to wise up and start posting inspiration pictures?

I just did user, perhaps you should do so as well.

On a scale of 1-10, how angry does this make you

>update to 1.11.2
yes. Good goy!

Im gonna post it on reddit to see what happens at this point I know its gonna get deleted by Lex´s SS in less than two hours

What the fuck, this is what my page looks like.

Aaaand I just realized that google chrome's autotranslate nukes half the page somehow. Welp, that's one mystery solved.

Toxic jungle fag here, this user knows what's up produce content not conflict.

Also people could stand to respond to trolls less as well, I watched you guys get in an argument about view bobbing last thread.

More content and ignoring trolls will build a lusher future for this particular subcommunity of MC. Don't let our general become a toxic jungle.

>Don't let our general become a toxic jungle
kek... by the way, how is the map going? Its been months since the last progress update.

ded

nice attempt, they removed it already with practically no response

I agree. People say that retarded arguments and drama keeps the thread alive, but I'm sure it actually turns many people off.
I know for one that I just close the tab if the only thing going on in the thread is about some fat autist.

I originally wanted to just do a map for the pack, but more lately I've been considering trying to make it terrain gen friendly. Can I use some structure mod to make say jungle biomes spawn a bunch of giant toxic tree schematics?r recurrent complex?

As far as pack progress, I finally have this week off work, so I really want to get everything unified this week. Mainly because the new immersive engineering updates are fucking COOL. Gotta make some textures still to match pixel perfection more closely, config Platforms 1.10 to work with my custom metal blocks and minetweak a fuck load of stuff. Quark got some nice new updates as well, though most are useless to me. The cave crystals retextured however make Very nice ancient computer screens buried in the depths of the blame inspired substrate canyons (they even glow faintly).

I'm camping until tomorrow or I'd post screens now.

Ded

That fat autist heavily influences the game you want to play. What do you expect, people to sit around quietly while he imposes autistic rule over how mods are made until all the modders leave? Dozens of modders left after 1.8 hit because of this guy.

Is azanor ever coming back?

What are some good mods if I want to add depth to exploring? Dungeons, strongholds, new mobs, stuff like that. Already have recurrent complex, btw

DimDoors
if you have the balls

i don't think so

but we have glorious forkanon around here working on good TC stuff, so whatever

talking about that, how do you feel about growing TC crystals? first as (poor) crystal bearing stone, then directly as clusters?

No, why would he? He let them talk him into updating for 1.8, then they fucked him on 1.9, 1.10, 1.11, and now 1.12. He'd have to rewrite the mod again. For what? A year of harassment to fix bugs until he rewrites it again for 1.13?

are stone bricks taint safe in tc5?

save

>(poor) crystal bearing stone
As in, the old infused ores we had back in tc3?
Sounds good, but if something needa to be added regarding crystals, it should be a way to forcefully make them from the sorrounding area

I would go with a map only, it would be more tedious to setup reccurent complex structures since they tend to clash with the enviroment and such and its more work to set it up correctly and that it blends nicely. Just do the map and then build an ice wall or a metal wall.
Oh, if you have any progress pic like more structures, ships or biomes can you ppst it please?

NOTHING IS SAFE

floor of furnaces (?)

NOTHIIIIING

I've been building some sewers to hid a secret lab in. What are some good ways to set up secret doors?

Try using pistons

Is there a mod that unfucks boats on 1.7?

mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/230898-better-boat

Recommend me some good difficulty and RPG-element mods, /mcg/

Minefantasy

paste ee/p/TdEhT

haha

(put a period in between paste and ee, its just my lsession log)

Thaumic Horizons adds two recipes for unbreakable boats that function exactly the same otherwise.

>desync fix
That's what I was looking for, thanks.
Neat. I already have T.Horizons and didn't know about this. I hate it when I try to get off a boat and the damn thing just flies off in the opposite direction and breaks into pieces.

reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/6i3ngt/anyone_interested_in_japanese_mods/

>rpgshit
I recommend some rope.

what serbs are /mcg/ on?

Why are you linking reddit? Are you brain damaged?

Because it's relevant?

>plebbit
>ever relevant

>that attack cooldown indicator that is actually useless and distracting garbage both in and out of combat
Quality changes.

Reddit Healsluts.

So what was the update that fucked everything? If you could go back, what version would you go back to user?

Okay, let me rephrase:

What are the best mods gl alter certain aspect of the game, such as ai, new mobs, and hunger that increase difficulty?

Infdev started the downfall with FLAOT. After that, nearly every update was barely useful in the scheme of things.