Truck Thread

I've been looking for an truck for a while, found this 94 f150, what do lads?

nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/1994-ford-f150-xl/6338367313.html

Other urls found in this thread:

nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/ford-pickup/6332323257.html
nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/1994-ford-f150-xl/6338367313.html
nh.craigslist.org/search/cto?min_price=200&max_price=1800
nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/1975-ford-f700/6296841940.html
nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/1991-ford-ranger/6304264104.html
boston.craigslist.org/sob/cto/d/1990-dodge-dobo/6318444044.html
westernmass.craigslist.org/cto/d/1980-w200-dodge-power-wagon/6292626541.html
nashville.craigslist.org/cto/d/1986-toyota-pickup-low-miles/6339683563.html
orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/d/hd-silverado/6308921892.html
chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/d/2006-ford-ranger/6331801174.html
nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/fords/6341545922.html
nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/1999-mazda-b2500-truck/6291323729.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Good deal, get it
Looking at a 1995 myself

>no ext cab

you will want it, trust me

nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/ford-pickup/6332323257.html oh shit waddup

As is all of the trucks here are pretty much fucked by rust, I got 2 grand and there isn't much besides single cabs that are still here that aren't toast or 4x4 autos.

I never got why americans need V8 truck for personal use. Anything bigger than 4 cyl is just gas waste.

>yurokuks acting like their opinions matter

The truck in OP's post is an inline six dumbass.

Again this why your opinion doesn't matter.

will the truck be your daily driver?

Yes since I'm a poorfeg

save up more, and get an ext cab
trust me
you will need the extra space. single cabs are cramped and too small

Terrific powerplant and transmission combo, amazing that that truck is in the shape it is. I'd buy it all day.

what's the general consensus on the automatic transmission in the 01 Tundra?

I'm looking to buy one. I know the meme problems already (ball joints and frame rust) but I cannot find much about the reliability of the transmission.

Reg cabs are fine fatass

I read as terrible and nearly had a heart attack. I am going to call tomorrow about it since it's pretty much the only clean old half ton I've seen around here that isn't like $10k

>implying
this shit ain't a ranger niggers. a cab big enough for three grown ass men to ride in without touching each other is plenty big enough for one man to ride around in so long as you're not dragging a metric fuckton of your cluttered ass bullshit around like a female

ive been dd a single cab for five years now and have yet to have a problem with space or comfort

Hell Ive driven a reg cab ranger for about 3 years now and haven't had much issue

The dealership I used to work for has that exact same truck that we used to deliver parts, it's at 380k miles and still running.

>nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/1994-ford-f150-xl/6338367313.html
Dude buy the shit out of that cunt. That's a lovely fucking piece of machinery.

Great pic, user. What area is that?

Oh how I'd love a regular cab 2wd Ford with a 300 and a manual that's in decent shape. Don't care if it's a dent side, bull nose, or OBS.
Got my Chevy though and that's all that matters.

transmissions are reliable and can easily be maintained on those earlier first gen Tundras

besides ball joints and rust, the timing belt needs to be changed every 90k since it's an interference engine

That truck looks well taken care of. If grab that for 2k without hesitation. I have a 96 300 single cab. Just throw a locking toolbox in the back and youre good to go. That engine will last forever and parts are super cheap.

>call
>guy says someones going to look at it at 10am
HELLO DARKNESS MY OLD FRIEND

Fuck this is exactly what I need. That would be 4000+ here in Wisconsin, with s tin of rust to boot.

>Wisconsin used car market
please don't remind me of that user
at least there you can drive shit into the ground without inspections, if I still lived there I'd still by driving my taurus atm

We are lucky with no inspection/smog, but just take a look at Madison area craigslist for used pickups. Overpriced rust.

Yeah, it is great not having to worry about inspections. Half my vehicles wouldn't pass.

>coolant sensor was acting up
>MJ liked to stumble from idle when cold
>fiddle with sensor until it works
>stumble stops
Anyone wanna tell me why AMC decided that the best plug to use for a threaded stud on a sensor is a big crimp end instead of literally fucking anything else?

the fucking cock suckers here failed me because of quarter sized hole on my taurus fender, yet they managed to completely miss the rockers being literally not there anymore, these inspections are a joke.

Inspections should just be.
>do your brakes work?
>yes
>is your exhaust not dragging on the ground
yes
>okay do whatever the fuck you want

If they look for rust like that then I don't have a single vehicle that would pass.

my asshole neighbor across the street has a fucking late 90's chevy truck with the whole bumper missing and it's rusted to fuck but he manages to get stickers anyway, must know someone.

They have a system though that if you take it to some place and they find problems, they put it in the system so even if you go else where they know about the stuff, its bullshit.

Maybe if you're a fatass

ITT: virgins forever alone

try driving a qt3.14 + a few groceries or any other random items on a single cab

>s-sure I can do it I'll just put it on the 10 in space between me and her, n-no biggie

Sheep bro
You wouldn't have any clue where to get good replacement door panels for the old dodges?

You put your shit in the bed

>Not having a clean truck interior to make your girl wet
>Getting groceries with girls
>Not putting all your shit in the bed

m8

rain
need access to said stuff
not wanting to tie stuff down (if its light)
not wanting to get said stuff dirty

there, your virgin single cabs, made obsolete

also

>winter (yeah lets freeze the groceries in the back)
>again, winter
>if you want to go out with the gf and the dog

any retard trying to pretend that single cabs are better than ext cab should be sent to Virgin Island

Bed cover. Now fuck off faggot

Your best bet would be a junkyard though the older truck have been slowly disappearing from them for a while now

bed cover only fix one of those issues

>poorfag faggot trying to justify his shitngle cab

I don't have a bed cover and I've never encountered any one of these issues because I use my fucking head.

>Being an ext cab brainlet

more like you're a virgin who doesn't really need a truck but still drives one

I use my truck for my job and I dd it, without the ext cab I would've lost my fucking head ages ago

I think a hatchback would suit your purposes better sweetie

not saying the ext cabs dont have their benefits but its not a neccesity either

>it sold
i-i didn't want it anyway!

Anyone here ride in a third gen tacoma? I've heard head clearance sucks ass for anyone 6'0" or over. I'm looking for a crew cab truck to use as a bug out vehicle. Dodge is out of the question since they cant fuckin rust proof the tire wells. (A strip of silicon or some other synthetic to help reinforce the weld there. It ends up sponging up water and then leaking it out on the wheel well causing it to rust over time).

So far Im considering F150, Tundra, and Tacoma.

Tundra (Gas guzzler, will have to do bumper delete)
Tacoma (Comfort issues)
4Runner (Outdated, no TSS-P)
F150 (Bumper delete, a bit too luxurious for what I need)

>bug out vehicle

You sound like a larping retard. Just buy a crossover.

>larping retard
hell I might be, but with niggers and the retards that side with the niggers running around, I'm gonna get ready to gtf outta dodge. Crossovers don't offer nearly as much offroad capabilities that I know of. Care to help me? My searches for Offroad SUV have just given me Jeeps and 4runner which is old af.

Either he knows someone or bribes the inspector. Are there some shady places that you can take it to and get it passed? Might be what your neighbor does

>Care to help me?

Come back to reality. Go outside and leave Veeky Forums for 1 hour per day. After a week passes, extend away time by 1 hour. This is the advice you need but probably not the advice you want.

>ext cab
Shit taste desu

Well that's down the drain, what the fuck should I look at now?

I mean, I'm really only on Veeky Forums maybe twice a week and that's on the same day. Job workload and my hobbies (mostly /out/ kinda shit) don't permit browsing. What about a Subaru outback?

>Not having your girl sit next to you
>Not putting the groceries on the passenger set and floor
Stay queer

Can I get a few more sets of eyes to look at some stuff, I've been looking for 6 weeks but I've might've missed something.

nh.craigslist.org/search/cto?min_price=200&max_price=1800
Just plop whatever into the search

>poorfags buying 1 bag of groceries
>wanting to have your girl sitting next to packed meat and vegetables
>putting damp containers of meat in the seat and clean veggies in the floor

keep trying poorboi

Fuck that f150, I should get this

If you're looking at Ford trucks know that pre '94 V8 have the smog cam, pre-92 have the flat-tappet smog cam.

Swap the stock gears for 3.73 LSD out of an exploder, put GT40p's (keep your intake) on it, 94+ cam, and call it a day.

Pre-94 V8 are also speed-density and not MAF.

There are weirdos like my mom's truck (10/93) that has MAF and the smog cam.

The 4.9 6 is speed-density until 1996.

nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/1991-ford-ranger/6304264104.html
>runs good
>needs head gaskets
lel

it's an abandoned golf course round about central FL. it's private property but no signs and no fence and so long as you're not out there acting a fool the cops will leave you be
>implying
also tie the grocery bags shut and put them in the bed like a normal person
my nigga

LMC Truck sells brand new door panels and other interior and trim parts as well

if you don't buy this and dd it your a huge flaming faggot

>everything is fucking rusty
my advise it to move the fuck out of the rustbelt you fuckin heathen

boston.craigslist.org/sob/cto/d/1990-dodge-dobo/6318444044.html

this one looks promising

westernmass.craigslist.org/cto/d/1980-w200-dodge-power-wagon/6292626541.html

I already posted it earlyer bruh.
I doubt the mileage would be great, but there is quite a bit of space for groceries. Shouldn't need a CDL b for that right?

>my advise it to move the fuck out of the rustbelt you fuckin heathen
you're not wrong

I'm at the point where id rather suckstart my 870 than keep looking, its been like 6 weeks looking with no luck at all, thats not just trucks, any vehicle in general.

like 3 weeks ago there was another f150, a 4wd flareside 93ish $1000,but that sold a few minutes after I saw the ad.

That granby one might be worth looking at, but those tires would be murder on my wallet when I need to buy new ones.

Find something down south and fly down to buy and drive it back

I WANT A TRUCK

Got myself this nice 1988 C1500. Got a wimpy 305 but i already got the 350 and a set of vortec heads that im building for it next summer. Meanwhile i Refreshed the front suspension and rear suspension. Frame got no rust. Very rare for a Canadian truck. 950$ Worth it

>Move out of the rust belt
>You're not wrong
Michigan here, drove down to Arizona to buy my 95' F150 300i6 4x4 5 speed.

Made a road trip out of it with some good friends. Drive back was a nightmare, but I quickly found all the problems with the $2100 truck.

Drive there was a rush as I had a few advertisements I wanted to check out. Haggling was next to impossible as my accent was out of place and the Michigan plates gave away my intentions.

Drive back was a treat though.

I'm 20 and have no job right now, I can't just go and fly to florida and get a truck just like that. I'd like to get a truck to replace my taurus. As nice it would be to try and find the perfect one elsewhere, I have to be reasonable with what I can feasibly do. I could maybe do 2 hours each way max away from me, I can't ask someone to drive me 8 hours to look at something that I might not even work out.

I would like to buy something before I find another job because I'd be stuck working around 2 schedules and it would make it even more hard to find something.

Plus it might be a bit awkward to fly down to buy a manual truck without knowing how to drive it first.

Damn it even has the 361 FT
>tfw cucked with the uhaul special 359

>super clean truck
>super cheap
>nice shape, not rust
>but its a fucking 20+ foot long f700 flat bed

I swear my life is some sort of fucking sick joke.

>nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/1975-ford-f700/6296841940.html
Would be a cool flatbed-tow conversion. I knew a guy who build a custom hydraulic flatbed for his 60's 1-ton just to haul around his mustang.

nashville.craigslist.org/cto/d/1986-toyota-pickup-low-miles/6339683563.html is something like this viable as a dd?

Who here big blocc?

I just got a 92 F350 dually with a 460 for nearly free, tryna flip it and cop a 2500/3500 Silverado with an 8.1

Good diesels are fucking expensive

>full size truck
>10 inch space between passengers
Jesus Christ how fat are Americans? Full size vehicles can fit three regular sized adults across easily.

>Years ago borrowed an 87 Ford 4x4 with the 460
>Friend told me he was getting 12-15mpgs
>I was getting 7-9
>He drove me around when I told him I was getting bad empeegees
>Felt like we literally idled everywhere
>He was actually getting around 14mpg during our drive together

Good luck on the flip. Intentions with the Chebby?

Guy I bought mine from says he gets 10 mpg loaded, unloaded, city, or highway lol. I spent twice as much on 6 tires for it as I did the truck itself, ha.

I intend on towing a 2 car trailer with the Chevy. I'm looking at this one specifically;
orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/d/hd-silverado/6308921892.html

Pic related if I had a bigger budget lol

For any rangerfags, what do you think?

chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/d/2006-ford-ranger/6331801174.html

Price is obviously retarded but is this worth say, 7k?

Lol I have a 99 2.5 5 speed Ranger ext cab with 34k miles and I'm the second owner. What do ya reckon thats worth?
Everything made of rubber is new as are the brakes, water pump, radiator, so on.

I used to have an '86 f250 with a 460 and I'd get like 10mpg highway. Now I've got basically the same truck but with a big block 420 diesel and I average 17mpg

I'm also open to rangers and s10's desu

86 460 4x4. mpgslol

460 is decent, a 92 still has the shitty heads that are prone to cracking

is an '06 ranger ever worth 7000

first time buying a car and decided to get a truck (on budget) so i can make extra bucks doing moving/transport stuff

what are good ext cab/double cab under $10k? i've been looking at 2010ish chevy/tacoma and they all cost more than $12k

>paying diesel price for a ranger
negative

>t. manlet

Dug the old '70 F350 car hauler out of the woods for the first time in well over a a year. It's been holding a frame hostage I've decided to sell. Still runs damn good even if the 390 smokes like a chimney, had to rig up a quickie fuel tank, someday I'll put it back on the road.

anons, i want to get a reliable diesel truck just for towing/moving shit around. most i'd spend is maybe 15k, what would you recommend?

95-97 250/350 F series

12v cummins

because theyre surprisingly speedy and stable at speed. my 2010 f150 felt like i was going 65 at 110

xtendo crew cab on the f150 is fucking huge, hardly even need to use the bed. can sleep in it if youre not too tall or dont mind bending legs.

Are new trucks even reliable?

nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/fords/6341545922.html
Should I be starting a ferd junkyard in my front yard? Already got a rusty taurus to start it out with.

What's up guys, so I see these for sale all the time for less than $1500 and I've been considering getting one as a tow vehicle/beater/hauler. For the price they seem great, but is there any reason I should get a truck over one of these? Also is there anything I should look out for with these?

If that's a 4x4 it's the steal of a lifetime. My 96 has a rebuilt 460 and I got it for 3k only had to replace starter which was about $100

Go for an older truck or look at fleeted out trucks. They usually have higher mileage but good maintenance, but almost all are rwd

nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/1999-mazda-b2500-truck/6291323729.html priced got dropped bros what do