So Veeky Forums

So Veeky Forums

Lets say your loaded GF wants to take a road trip through the Americas and wants you to buy a car and make it livable for the journey.

Whay do you buy?

Pic related, plenty of space in the back for a bed and if I get a bigger tank I bet I can make it 300 or 400 miles between fill ups.

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/2017-Jayco-Melbourne-24M-Sprinter-Mercedes-chassis-Class-C-Motorhome-RV-Sale-/352175129176?hash=item51ff460258:g:sdsAAOSw44BYOZZy&vxp=mtr
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This is a less douchy option but not as much space

>Road trip through the Americas
Toyota 4Runner.
>Livable for the journey
Toyota 4Runner.

Land Cruiser is fine too if you can eat the additional cost.

I would get a 15-passenger van, say a Ford E-series, and build a tiny house in back.

>going to south and central america
You got a death with or something?
Don’t even think about going through El Salvador. You won’t get out of there alive.

C O M F Y

I already have one. Going to sell it to get an F150 though. Long term I'd like to do an M1078

Lol I was thinking more through the Rockies and up into Canada. Not so much driving into certain death

Eh, fine. No 4Runner then.

>not a transit

enjoy your plebian tiny house

Did you have something else in mind if you were driving into a war zone?

#swag

Nope, hence 4Runner.

import a qt small camper van from japan

A Ford Transit or Mercedes conversion van with luxury interior.

I'd pay to watch someone try and do a cross-country trip and drive across the Rockies in a fucking Suzuki Carry.

Guys I found the right answer

Exterior of van, 4x4 and offroad capable

done

not that small. some guy is trying to sell a toyota liteace camper on my craigslist though

Nope, don't want anything flashy. Get low key as possible, a not so new Tacoma or Frontier would do you good.

7.3L

E X C U R S I O N

Get an RV. You don't want to take a road trip without a bathroom and stove and fridge and bed and some space so you won't go crazy if it rains.

Not everyone is a feeble millennial or boomer with one foot in the grave

I'd get a smaller class C or B like this because it's more maneuverable and you don't really need any more space than this.
ebay.com/itm/2017-Jayco-Melbourne-24M-Sprinter-Mercedes-chassis-Class-C-Motorhome-RV-Sale-/352175129176?hash=item51ff460258:g:sdsAAOSw44BYOZZy&vxp=mtr

You don't have to be old and feeble to enjoy having all those things. Young people just usually can't afford the luxury. You're fucking retarded.

I can easily afford an RV, I don't have one because I like to go to interesting places rather than KOA campgrounds. I'd say you should try it, but pooping in hole and going more than 15 minutes without playing on your phone might traumatize you.

Route 66 in a VW microbus. Fuck comfort. Experiences are what you need.

Meh that does look cozy

"I'm sorry sir, you need a certain level of intelligence to enter the vehicle"

Hot damn that's what I'm talking about.

How hard was it to set up the camper top? Did you do it yourself or is there a kit?

I want. Give it to me arrrdgggghgg.

It's called a Flippac. There's also the AT Habitat (FRP, the makers of the Flippac are out of business so your only option is used). There's a Flippac on LA Craigslist right now, super nice for $2700. The Habitat is really nice but a lot of money. One of the best things I've ever bought, best setup possible imo if you like to do multiweek trips.

You still have not provided any reason why pooping in a hole or not having a stove and fridge is any better.

>Joke about Suzuki Carry
>Someone actually posts Suzuki Carry unironically

Willing to post more pictures of your Taco and roof tent in cool places?

>through the Americas
No question, and 7.3 Powerstroke thank you

but it is pretty qt

You can't get an RV anywhere worth going, period. Earthroamer, XP Camper, and custom builds on big trucks can have bathrooms and whatnot but are still limited by size. A stove is $40 and fits in a box, you don't need an RV for that. The guy who owned my Flippac had a fridge, hot water/shower, and a sink all contained in his Taco, it's not hard to do, you just don't need those things.

Sure

Sure is. But I feel it'll still end in suffering if you're trying to do a cross-country trip in America in that.

buy whatever is sold in said countries because a killer amg hummer is prob as good as dead if ti breaks down in south mexico.

Fukkin Kenworth

Get a Toyota dolphin

a 4runner

Is that the meme for this board?

>loaded gf
>wants YOU to buy the car
???
$500 volvo 240 wagon
sleep either in back with seats folded down or in rooftop tent

the only correct budget answer

No, it's just the thing to get when embarking on a pan-American trip.

Picrelated only fits four people

>through the Americas
>anything south of north texas
I'll take one of these and nothing less

AWD diesel sprinter
/Thread

>Not backpacking
Pussy

If you're sticking to the roads, SUVs and pickups are poor choices for roadtripping because that ground clearance is wasted. A van/minivan/RV will have a lower deck and more room.

If you like pissing money away, converting an old school bus or refurbing an old RV is a way to get something very comfy that's still almost worthless when it's done. On the plus side, a converted bus can be left shitty-looking on the outside to keep a lower profile in less safe areas.

The easy route would be a smaller RV- rent if it's a one-time thing. Too large will just be a headache to park/turn.

I love these but I'd never roadtrip in one.
>Slooooow. So slow there used to be a bumper sticker for them that said "0-55 in 11 minutes".
>Crashing on the highway means certain death. Even if you survive the accident, you'll bleed out before help arrives.
>If you have to stay anywhere cold, you will freeze to death.
>They're somewhat valuable these days (especially a microbus) and trivial to steal. Park it anywhere even slightly sketchy, and it WILL be stolen. If you're inside when that happens, you'll probably be murdered.

VW Buses are old enough that they deserve to take long trips on a trailer... especially split-windows.

>7 ft wide vehicle