/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

xDDD *glomps* *kisses*

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World revealed for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. youtube.com/watch?v=xe-RAeDfOMM
↳Information with sources: pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Extended footage: mmcafe.com/nico.html#http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm31388446
↳Blurry demo footage: u.nya.is/fzyrht.mp4 | mega.nz/#!XtAyQabZ!cpb1tCm8embSW0EwwSAZ9M05AuFJCl9k0JhPIq5J1Uo

>News
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. confirmed for 8/25 in Japan, region free. youtube.com/watch?v=CvzTD_RYDXs
↳No current plans for XX localization "at this time". twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/875133030326652928
-Monster Hunter Stories is coming West this fall.

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=heqT8AUZym0
youtu.be/77rHvqzmZq8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtube.com/watch?v=heqT8AUZym0

Monster Hunter World!

OwO

Rathaboy is the flagship though

You're out!

Monster Hunter Frontier!

the HD textures for MHFU are pretty good

Is that a hacked iso?

Reposting my question, pic unrelated.

X:th for GaijinHunter did not hit her! He did not.

Aubergine, come back.

Yeah Anja is like Barroth bitchboy tier
Fuuuuck the monster roster is the only thing worrying me about World, probably going to be leaving behind so many

What is it?

That woman in the back is a gunner. Eyes always on the numbers, already poised on the high ground.

Middle bitch is a hunting horn slut who needs to be surrounded by the smarter and stronger companions.

The one in the black suit up front is on her phone. Spams chat macros and plays IG because she loves jumping on the biggest cock in the room.

Save us from /v/.

Does anyone have a video of ALL the huntress poses on the select screen?

Some user said he saw his huntress blow a kiss at him. Cute.

>Some user said he saw his huntress blow a kiss at him. Cute.

No just delusional, both of you.

Daily reminder that you guys are fucking retards and flexing is legitimately artificial difficulty because if the exact same difficulty can be achieved without an unrealistic rooting animation, and is within the dev's ultimate vision for the game, it is artificial difficulty because it's only purpose has then become making something artificially difficult

Kill yourself.

Daily reminder that you're all a bunch of poopy heads.

Apparently you replace the textures with the things in the description of this video:

youtu.be/77rHvqzmZq8

I'm going to try it later and see if it works.

Or you can just wear SpeedEating instead of complaining about flexing.
Even Frontier professionals wear that skill, why can't you do the same?

>this argument again
fuck you

I commend you for trying to make some dude's unrelated image part of the thread topic.

/v/ and Capcom shills get the FUCK out

>tfw no qt strong chocolate amazoness to hunt with and ride you into penile fracture at the base camp.

;_;

and still nobody can refute it

I want to transfer my save from generations to XX. Is there a reason why I shouldn't do this or should I just go for it as soon as I can? I still have to do a few things in generations first, like unlock my hunter rank and get a few more armors. I don't know what the difference between the two versions are so I can't make a decision.

Could we see exclusive dlc for each platform? by that I mean sill armor and cat costumes collabs.

Transmog better be back

Should include weapons too this time

>reposting my argument
not sure if I should feel gracious or offended because it's trolling

Women in back is autistic, definitely. She probably plays GS, real life (if you catch the meaning) and in game, because they're TA autists.

Woman in center looks dead inside, classic Bow, GL, or LS player. Maybe SA but those guys are more retarded than apathetic.

Woman in front is a fucking HH or LBG healslut, I mean, goddamn, she likes showing off those curves.

Kill yourself, /v/. It can't be achieved in any other way without breaking the game. Making the monsters "more aggressive" won't help.

Multiple people explained why you are wrong in the last thread.
Now kill yourself.

it won't be, and patricians will be thankful for it

Every now and again this general shows signs of its old self.

not enough brown sluts in my life

>multiple people tried to explain, but ultimately failed
this is a gaslight free zone

no, they didn't

they just shitposted extensively, like you're doing now

Fuck me man, Zamtrios is such a cool design, why oh why did they have to give him that silly "huehuehue" phase? If they removed that and just had standard and rage he'd be such an awesome fight.

Also this is a promo pic for World right? If so it confirms Rathian's presence in the game (as if it needed confirming). The lance user has the metal helmet with the plume, plus the green scales on the leg.

>all this autistic sperging about flexing
>when capcom could've avoided alienating existing fans and also appeased newcomers by simply removing the flexing part of the animation whilst having the character stay still for the same duration of time chugging dat green drank

Could've been so easy capcom. Could've avoided nerdrage by vets screaming "CASUALIZATION" and newcomers going "hurr durr flexing is stupid so unrealistic"

>pc only
Wish it worked on Vita

If people are complaining about the visuals of the animation and calling that "artificial difficulty" when it literally doesn't matter, then they must be euthanized.
Actually anyone using that /v/ term needs to be euthanized.

of course rathian is in the game, rathian is in every game

the only constants

This guy is honestly right, and I started with 4.

Inflation fetish would be fine if it didn't last so fucking long

Has anyone bothered to compare the length of drinking from the demo to the previous games

except the reason they removed it isn't because the west thinks the animation is stupid

are you stupid?

That doesn't matter because you can move while drinking, that's the big issue. You can even sprint.

Me and my husband will make the game great again!

I'm sure that will be easier in 2 days when we get HD footage

I knida wish it got localized.
It looks like fun, despite the obscene grind involved.

I wish you were single!

I wanna lead Seregios to the Raths nest.

He's not, he's a retard and you are a retard if you believe that. Potions have a cost of using them, commit and account for it or face punishment. How the animation looks is literally irrelevant, "unrealistic animation" has no relation whatsoever to the gameplay or challenge of the game, what matters is how many frames you are locked to in order to consume a potion.
Stop falling for /v/ shitposting and get gud instead.

inb4 the 20th demo suspiciously has no sprint heal and he chooses to just move at the lower speed when drinking

Its funny how this was never really an issue discussed here until World and its crowd showed up.

>turbo-autists will be thankful that a harmless cosmetic option to increase player fun was omitted to the game's objective detriment

Sounds about right.

>asspain and shitposting

It's always been kind of like this, although usually the frothy-mouthed arguing was done over a slightly broader range of topics.

You can't complain about grind in monster hunter

>has a cost for using them
>still shitposting that the cost has completely vanished despite not knowing so
you guys are like jews, I have to make the same counterpoints every day

This, when I first heard "no flex" I didn't bat an eye because the important part was always being punished for doing it at the wrong time, not the "charm".

Usually the notion of not liking an upcoming game or any MH game was not as controversial as it is now.

We aren't even talking about World, shitposter-kun, but the classic MH games. You can shill for World another time.

>increase player fun
players don't know what they want, they're retards
you're a retard

I thought that about flexing, but now looking at the situation here, it seems I was mistaken.

I would still play the fuck out of it all the same, even if the grind was somewhat more intense.

Hopes for MH:W?

I hope its 90% new content like Tri was. Where there was only a couple iconic monsters and the rest were new original beings.

I also hope instead of re-releasing the same game at full price with a little bit more content and a G or U in the title, they just release an expansion instead. I did say I wanted the game to have mostly original monsters, but... I would welcome an expansion adding a few voted 'fan favorites' added with the expansion.

Oh, I hope its as fun as ever before. That's important. My main thing though is that I want first and foremost completely new monsters to fight. Not just the same old ones in HD with a few new tricks.

Steve Jobs was right all along

>we aren't talking about world
>the animation hadn't changed until world
what did he mean by this

I just hope it has more than 18 fucking large monsters.
I know it'll be extremely content light compared to 4U and XX, but I want at least 30 or so large monsters.

>if the exact same difficulty can be achieved without an unrealistic rooting animation
So if the drinking animation was just twice as long instead of having the flex you wouldn't have a problem with it?

> and is within the dev's ultimate vision for the game
By this logic literally any change to the game retroactively makes older mechanics artificial difficulty.

>it is artificial difficulty because it's only purpose has then become making something artificially difficult
Circular reasoning.

It's possible for a skilled player to circumvent the downside of healing, that is being immobilized for several seconds, by good positioning. It doesn't take a lot of skill, but it's a skill nonetheless and an unskilled player will not be able to position properly. If the mechanic allows a skilled player to be succesful and an unskilled player to have trouble, then it by definition isn't artificial difficulty.

True artificial difficulty is difficulty that affects people equally regardless of skill.

The entire point of the change was not having you stay still. Removal of flexing was an unfortunate side effect of that, not the main goal.

it'll be slightly more than tri for the same reasons

The retard was calling the way classic MH does it "artificial difficulty", one has to at least give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that was always his position on the series, and that he isn't suddenly shilling for World and declaring the old games "always were garbage clunky artificial shit", like ProJared.

He won't last long when me and my wife double team him...

>tfw with casualized healing, I don't have to zone out to heal when fighting apex mons

guys?

but he's talking about the argument that the change is changing it from artificial difficulty to perhaps something better

I know, because it was originally my argument, and yes, it was always my position, though not something to complain about actively

If you don't transfer you have to do everything in Gen all over again in XX.

Not so fast, rathy-poo

Similar opinions.

I also want them to tone down the action anime aesthetic that has crepped into the series over time.

Something closer to MH1 with a bit more flash.

I'm really hyped for World and almost everything that I've seen so far was excellent, but one of my few doubt about the game is the number of monsters.
What do you think? I hope there will be at least 20 new monsters and 15-20 old ones.

It can't be worse than MH3, right?

>Vindictus
>If you drink while moving you heal less
>If you do it while standing still you heal more

Literally all they had to do to balance this.

How many years of development 3 had?

thing is, increasing the time it takes to heal wouldnt make it more difficulty if you can still walk while healing, just more tedious
while we havent seen a while lot, the movement speed seems fast enough that'll youll be able to evade most attacks while healing

*gulp*

>It can't be worse than GAME, right?
Thats been said about pretty much every Capcom game released this generation.

What do you guys think the village in MHW will look like?

>I hope there will be at least 35 monsters
prepare for disappointment

They can not release a full-priced G version on PS4, Xbox and PC, where DLCs are the norm. It would be a suicide.

I am aware of that already. I am saying I don't know what exactly transfers in terms of progress. Is there a reason for me to keep playing mhgen and accomplish some sort of arbitrary goal before transferring over to XX or should I honestly just do it as quickly as I can because there is no reason not to?

a monster hunter styled outpost a la ye olde america and canada

Do people here mostly play 4U or Generations?

*Baaahs your path*

Big

If rooms are anything to go by I've seen an even mix of both recently.

>tfw MHWorld probably won't have anything cute or anime

that was probably meant as a dig but I could actually get onboard with a frontier town