Who's more to blame for ruining cars...

Who's more to blame for ruining cars? Boomers in leadership positions in the industry or millennials for their lack of interest?

safety standard and whoever thought it was a good idea to bring back chrome

>Ruining cars
Okay, so, ruining since when, really?
>Okay, we can't see out the back now, but it's now roll safe; even if you flip your car you can walk away unscathed, instead of dying.
>You have electric steering to help with mileage, although it kinda detracts from steering feel.
>You have power steering to help with mileage, although it kinda detracts from steering feel.
>We put crumple zones in cars, which makes it heavier and more expensive, but now you can survive frontal, side, and offset crashes.
>The cars are harder to fix due to smaller tolerances and more precision parts made of aluminum, but you get way more gas mileage and the cars last long enough to get people to whine about odo stopping at 299999 miles
>Car stops, goes, and handles faster than ever before

Motherfucker, what ruining cars?

>Boomers in leadership positions in the industry
Cause
>millennials for their lack of interest?
Effect

There ya go. Not that fucking hard.
Cucked safety regs too, but you can blame the boomers in charge.

Weight, visibility, and a complete and utter lack of road feel...
Not to mention that faggot traction and stability control dog shit.
Frontal collision warning going off for everything but nigger granny driving.
Massive improvements in tech but the speed limits sit at their cucked 1950s level.

>decline in quality
>decline in aesthetics
>stale, sedating driving experience due to all the added tech
>The Toyota 86 is what Japan now considers a "sports car"

Correct answer. Stupid high belt lines with arrow-slit windows and big-ass A-pillars, bars of soap and ugly front-ends, cameras (and therefore "infotainment" screens, and therefore no dash buttons), no pop-up headlights, cramped interiors (lol side curtain airbags)—all brought about because safety regulations.

If something sucks on a car, it's likely due to crash safety regulations, pedestrian safety regulations, environmental regulations and fuel economy targets, in that order. Boomers and millennials are just filling in the gaps.

>Weight
>Visibility
>Road feel
Why does it remind me of Chevy Bel Air circa 1950s?
>Faggot traction and stability control dog shit
>Collision warning
That faggot dogshit keeps the soccer moms from hitting YOU.
>Speed limits
That's not quite carmakers, is it? Blame the government, especially at state and local levels, and doubly so at speed trap towns.

kek

>That's not quite carmakers, is it?
What is lobbying.
>That faggot dogshit keeps the soccer moms from hitting YOU.
Oh they do a bang-up job of fuckin hitting me anyway, usually on their cell phone chatting with Alphonse with a litter of young faggot future cucks in the back. Happened to me twice.

It's not lack of interest, it's lack of money.
t. broke ass millennial

Do you mean from an enthusiast's point of view? Because the cars they make now are 100x times better from a normalfags point of view.

>Ha ha! Carmakers would lobby to stop the speed traps in small fucktown, USA!
>Shit happened to me so it must be applicable to everyone!

>Do you mean from an enthusiast's point of view?

Yes. I thought that would be assumed, given this is a community of enthusiasts

>Carmakers would lobby to stop the speed traps in small fucktown, USA!
Carmakers don't give a fuck about those.
>Shit happened to me so it must be applicable to everyone!
Not my argument. It was a sarcastic (true) anecdote meant to illustrate the fact that despite carmakers ruining cars with shit features that we didn't ask for and don't want, idiots still crash cars into other cars.

Helicopter parent boomers and their pussy nigga millennial kids.

This has nothing to do with age and everything to do with gender.

>I have to have the newest SUV! Not for its mpg, features, or anything else besides the updated front and grill to impress the other retards if they happen to look outside the window
>I have to start a family that I know won't work out because my clock says so, and now every car has to have at least 4 seats and preferably 7
>since it's so expensive because buying something used won't work, I'll force him to get this instead of 6 used cars by threatening no sex
>gotta trade it in every 4 years and get 10% of its value because looking flashy to shits who don't care is more important and besides I don't make the money anyway

Every manufacturer has more than enough money to make a sports car but women force men to not buy them. "Compromise vehicles" are the result of this. Not only is the manual going out of style obviously but so is the coupe exactly for this reason.

go back to /pol/ and /r9k/ kthx, sorry but you sound insane

More like a community of poorfags.

The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Boomers ruined everything.

How can Millenials affect anything before 2008, much less before 1990 when car culture was already on its way out?

No, he's right. Women demand this shit. Same reason why 1st world countries are going to shit by being more and more liberal.

Also, the fact that boomers enable this, millennials would rather snapchat than drive, and that most gear heads are either old, too young/poor, or too narrow minded. How many times on this board does someone buy a new car only to be shit on for not buying used? If no one's buying the new cars, why would OEMs make them.

It's not just one thing, it's all these minor things that combine to make it the issue it is.

Essentially
>Women
>Safety morons
>Environmental hippies
>Limp wristed millenial fags
>Old people
>Fans too young, poor, or retarded
>Poor fags not buying new

>Self driving standardized electric ubergoogleamazon cuckmobiles replace cars for commuting

>Paople who actually want to drive for fun can ride motorbikes on the now much safer roads or purpose built no comprimise race cars on tracks.
It'll all work out in the end

>women are the problem
>men let women get away with it
>somehow men are not the problem

Millennials don't care about driving, at least no where as much as previous generations did. They don't appreciate it. They would rather stare at their iPhones

>retards not knowing how to drive
>women/betas wanting and buying crossover trash
implying motorbikes wont be banned on public roads

That's quite the generalization, I'm 20 and driving a manual transmission vehicle is one of my favorite things to do.

>ignore law
>drive around in a lifted 7.3 powerstroke with smokestacks
>cops literally can do nothing because their self driving cuckmobiles can't go over the speed limit
>drive in front of them, cars forced to stop
>run them over
pff nothing personal kiddo

It's an accurate generalization.

Millennials are also the reason why self-driving cars will succeed.

>every car has mandatory cameras recording 24/7 now
>your ass gets reported by 50 gazillion soccer moms
>go to jail

Enjoy your buttsex, friend.

>cars are boring as fuck and disposable due to Gen X being shittards
>wah wah millennials don't want our overpriced shit cars
>wah wah our parenting is terrible and it's our children's fault

QQ more generation cuck.

>sleep inside lifted f350
>no one can get inside because of their weak upper and lower body strength due to not needing to step on pedals or turn the steering wheel anymore.

California. The answer is always california.

so basically,

yes to all of the above

>decline in quality
cars are more reliable industry wide than ever before

bullshit.

>millennials for their lack of interest
its not just a lack of interest in cars, its in drinking, smoking, doing drugs, or just being outside in general.
Those are all the things we thought were cool growing up. I have no idea what the fuck this new generation of kids does? Play minecraft and face book all day? I've been on facebook. Its shit.

We need to put lead back into gasoline.

Obongo for increased safety standards and Cash for Clunkers.

cars are better than ever

anyone who disagrees is just ignorant

Mostly this, the only new car millennials is to finance a Kia/Hyundai. It's a statistical fact that wages have stagnated for decades while the cost of living has increased dramatically. Even my buddies who make ~55k bartending drive an old 4runner and a Chevy cruze. And it's not that they like their cars, they just can't afford a sporty car and the insurance costs that come with it. Friend with a Cruz had a camaro ss but he realized he couldn't afford it at all.

I suppose that's not everything though. The education system is basically forcefully pushing students to go to college, even if it's not where they want or need to be. Blue collar jobs and aspirations to them are going vacant which is where a lot of the motivation to wrench comes from, and doing things with your hands is seen as low class. Since the majority of young people are going to college, they end up dead ass broke and up to their eyeballs in debt at 22 or 23 with no credit or bad credit and really no guarantee at a job since the market is saturated. Retirees are holding jobs that young people should be getting for their first sources of income since boomers are addicted to consumerism and will work until they die to support that addiction.

Add on that divorce rates are through the roof and mothers are overwhelmingly more likely to get custody and you end up with an entire generation lacking father figures to teach them the physical skills they should know in life.

Truly it is an awful time to be starting a career for the average 20's individual, and the next generation is following stoutly in our footsteps waiting to be crushed by the machine.

2 long etc

Boomers didn't ruin cars. They tried to give us everything within the law.
>viper
>corvettes
>gt-r
>track day cars (atom etc.)
>prowlers
>3000gt
>300zx
>supra
>evo
>cobra jet
>s2k
>miata
>TVR
>CTS-V

And many more cool cars that I could list. The problem is faggots with the "huuurrr whhyy would I buyyss a newww carr@!!!!!! HUURRR" mentality. That then get mad that the only cars they make are ones that fucking sell. Trying to be a cheap fuck and get your cars second hand leads to normal cars taking over because they are the only ones that make any money.

>retarded women and housewifes owning minivans and Jeeps
>retarded liberals owning Priuses, Bolts, and other hybrid/ev trash
>retarded rednecks driving around dualies and other "work trucks" to the grocery store
>anyone in a Chrysler/Dodge/Fiat

Car culture is degenerated by these retards above

>divorce rates are through the roof
Fake news. That old meme is a lie. It was a few years of high divorce in the 80's. It's only roughly 30% for first marriages. It's about on par as it was "back in the good ol days." Which also saw spikes as high as 50%.

>only 30%
haha kill me now

That's about what it's alway been in modern society. Do you think divorce rates were 0 in the 50s? They weren't they were at 26%.

Pleasing the shareholders ruined cars.
Honda realized this after the 2012 Civic flop because they tried to cut corners are was trying to beat Toyota in sales/profit.

anything above 8% is absurd imo

people are retards

Then you better head back to about the 1800's.

>people change but should stay together forever for reasons

Lurn 2 spel retard

neither.
to me it would gen X.
boomers just give a fuck and want to drive something cheap, basic, that will last around 5-8 years (if they're poor)
or something "fun" and unpractical (if they're rich)
millennials just don't give a fuck, because they'd rather watch streamers or play games 12 hours a day.

and gen X ?
literally "momma/daddy didn't love us, so we'd better fuck it up for everyone"
"hurr durr half of my generation was aborted"
"muh chilluns, muh feelings, muh (((bullying)))"
"your trees violate NAP by casting shadows on MY property"
"i demand everything to be cheaper (because it was cheaper when i was in HS), but i don't want any investments"
"my parents drove ford pinto and it was unsafe therefore every car is unsafe and we should limit speeds by half"
it's literally "power trip: the generation"

Toyota 86 is a sports car faggot
It was designed to be worked on. Its a shame that the stripped version of the car isn’t sold anywhere else, since it seems to be all anyone who is interested in the car are asking for, and yet Toyota is too scared to try selling these since they realize western young adults are broke, media and drug addicted drones with no general interest in motorsports anymore. Its also Japan accomodating to their own domestic market only, as usual.

Daily reminder that cars always have been and always will be transportation appliances.

Unless you think the first successful automobile was a 2-seat hardtop that had a 300hp engine that could go 0-60 in 3.5 seconds.

Nobody's responsible for ruining cars because most cars have always been boring and meant only as point A to point B transportation. And if you think modern performance cars are worse than the performance cars of old, you probably haven't driven one.

pedestrian and passenger safety shit
japanese recession in the late 90's fucked up the car industry too

>>You have electric steering to help with mileage
>>You have power steering to help with mileage
glad i'm not this stupid

commuters and people with five seats but no passengers
makes the car common place where it aught not be

and on a wider note
regulation and amalgamation along with skulduggery pretty much emanate any possibility of a car worth mentioning

>It was designed to be worked on
No it fucking wasn't the cars under carriage is crampt as fuck and you can't do anything to the suspension without having to replace the entire thing. The ecu is encrypted so Toyota definitely doesn't want you to get in it. If the car was actually made to be worked on they wouldn't have done all this shit to keep you from doing so.

insurance companies ruined cars. the whole point of the IIHS is to reduce the cost of claims for auto insurance companies. the massive depreciation of vehicles the moment you drive them off the lot works in the auto insurance company's favor. most cars that people buy are going to be worth less than 30,000 once they're off the lot, whereas you hit a pedestrian or someone claims whiplash in a crash and it can easily be a six digit settlement.

this is why car safety no longer focuses on the occupants only. this is why the hoods are like soap bars, so if you hit a pedestrian they are less likely to be injured. this is why they focus on the effectiveness of head restraints (25% of insurance claims relate to whiplash). this is why there is a huge push for front collision/pedestrian avoidance systems.

I dont get it. On one hand you have "muh safety" cars with all the lifesaving features, on the other hand you have motorcycles which are completely legal and offer zero protection whatsoever for the rider, and on the third hand you have lifted trucks, which annihilate any lesser cars and pedestrians alike. Double standards much?

>⌘ + F
>“Jews”
>0 results

I’m disappointed.

Wrong, boomers will want them more for the comfort and you make them feel wealthy

>decline in quality
>decline in aesthetics
Sure, for econoboxes. Everything else looks better than ever.

>Everything else looks better than ever.
Only if you consider a bar of soap to be the pinnacle of design.

>⌘ + F

jewpple goy detected

Boomers will buy them for the same reason they buy smartphones and computers they don’t know how to use: conspicuous consumption. Self driving cars will be no different.