/rlg/ - roguelike general

existential crisis edition

>FAQ and What to Play:
FAQ: pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34 (embed)
What to Play?: pastebin.com/yfUKx35f (embed)

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/V7MzidCu (embed)

DCSS tournament 0.20 results: dobrazupa.org/tournament/0.20/overview.html

>/rlg/'s shared DCSS online account
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on Xtahua)

last thread Never give up, ok user?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/issues/21244
crawl.jorgrun.rocks:8081/#watch-rlgrobin
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If roguelikes have teached me one thing it's that life is meaningless but you still gotta try and see where it takes you, maybe you win

>Philosophical debates

If dicks doesn't show up this week I am going to grab photoshop and update the poster myself
the longest any mumo had to wait was one day
it's been 8 days
He said to ascend more mumos in his latest video and I did

why isn't he here to witness me and lead me through the gates of godhood, bandaged and yellowish?

I demand justice

I saved a character build in Caves of Qud and it will randomly jump from having 24 INT to 25 and sometimes even 28 (I die pretty often). What gives? None of the other stats change, only INT.

If roguelikes thought me anything it is that when the spoiler says 'famine is the weakest of the three'. It means, of the three most dangerous monsters in the game, Famine is the weakest. RIP.

roguelikes haven't taught me anything

Is there anything stopping me from making accounts on DCSS servers with names like "niggerlyncher" and "whitepower" and "tranniesarentwomen"? I saw an account called niggerkiller123 once and it occurred to me it would be hilarious to make super offensive ghosts to piss off the devs and random people playing.

Even if they deleted the accounts, if you made deadly ghosts and they killed people it would live on in other people's logfiles.
>slain by the ghost of niggerlyncher the centaur chaos knight

Famine is the weakest of the 4.

Are there any good roguelikes with guns?

Hm, wasn't there a bug with that that the authors asked saves being sent for long time ago?
You may want to clear it up with them.

rimworld

Only if you fight yourself.

If you want to make offensive ghosts, at least make ones with names a bit more original and witty than ones based around slurs.

Cataclysm I believe is okay, aforementioned Caves of Qud is pretty great too. Also, Gearhead 1 and 2 (only the first one is finished, though).

Infra Arcana

Steamband maybe.

Will do

Reminder that CDDA is still broken, and nobody is fixing it: github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/issues/21244

You just want to stir roguelike/not roguelike shit with that title, don't you.

You are your own worst enemy, yes.

Those were just examples, although causing butthurt is easiest w/ slurs.

I'd probably make things like "holocaustdidnthappen" and "jewsdidwtc" and "hitlerdidnothingwrong" and so on.

Is it? I played it just fine some time ago. Well, Qud and Gearhead still should get one entertained for days. Also, Elona, while not purebreed roguelike also had guns, some of which were pretty fun.

> depression intensifies.

Do the slurs in german/french.

A bit better. How many symbols are allowed anyway? I know that stuff like "Succubus(male)" and "HillaryForPrison" could both entertain and trigger different people.

Yes, Kevin reverted a massive change by somebody, and since then people have been reporting not being able to hit a barn while standing next to it.

you know me well

tbqh, no one will actually care besides the trannies on tavern, like duvessa.

If you want to do something like that, make a bad clan name, in the next tournament, and place in the top 3 so they have to mention you in the post after the tourny ends. That requires actually being good at the game though.

Yeah a fellow named mugling singlehandedly reworked the aiming system to make guns other than pistols/shotguns/rivshit usable while the CDDA maintainer was absent.
When the maintainer returned, he decided to ruin that since someone was making the game better without his permission.

@180114034
Kill yourself already.

/rwg/ pls go and stay go

I always wonder if people who say this are actually themselves really suicidal and can't empathize with it being meaningless drivel to someone who isn't

I'm good at the game, I can streak. I feel like they'd just ban my team name if I did something like that though. This is what happens with you go up against authoritarian SJWs in anything, they try to censor you.

They could ban the niggerlyncher names too but not before my ghosts killed people and made it into the annals of history. Plus it's a lot lower effort than winning a tourny.

;_;

DELET

don't listen to bullies user

For fun you should look up how the discussion about how this feature was unwanted went.

It's just aralgeean for "go away, no one wants you here."

All I know is that it's one guy who hates my guts for some reason and posts that every time I say something about mumo at least once in every thread.
It's okay, he's probably got it worse than me.

There is a reason the general died you know

I mean I already know Kevin is a little bitch. Hearing more is more depressing than a laugh.

I have the feeling they wouldn't do anything desu. They already allowed tittytwister or something as a player name in the tourney. So clearly they are just conflict avoidance until somebody takes it WAY to far.

> They already allowed tittytwister or something

HER(male) NAME IS TITTYCRUSHER
GET IT RIGHT

That was actually someone else this time, but kill yourself anyway you greasy olive oil canning fuck.

> 'I object to this one line of code'
> reverts the whole list of PRs.
> reverts badly, whole game gets messed up
> demands proof

because the game was too pure for this world?

What are you guys splatting today? Currently playing OgIE, worst fucking run of my life.

user, I stopped canning olive oils years ago but I am incredibly glad that you remember all these tiny details of my life

I always knew you were tsundere for me

not him i'm pretty sure like exactly one year ago that you were grumpy and tired having finished a day of olive oil canning and didn't want to start a new thread

It was one year and a half at best because it was in december
Man time flies
what happened to protmen user

How can you tell who this user is tho.

Is he this spicerack guy I always hear about.

naw spicerack isn't from that part of the world

TeSu, last one died to a pack of jackals ten feet from the starting room.

That's cute.
I like to imagine the other user being some really sad and angry but cute, rogulike playing weirdo girl who latched onto you and grew with time to really like you, but since they're so awkward and they know how weird it is, they'll never confess their feelings.
So you'll just have bittersweet love story you'll never realize, about olive oil user and user(female) who always liked him, despite him being "t-that b-baka"

GUYS: Who wants to spec me playing something hard on rlgrobin on jgr? Should I start an OpBe, or something else?

no
this is all males
stop it now

Why is no one playing Tome4 here? Is it so bad?

crawl.jorgrun.rocks:8081/#watch-rlgrobin

NOBODY

You think so and you have good reasons to think so. But think, what decent non-attention-seeking girl would out herself here? She'd just rather shitpost and talk about favorite niche geeky genre game, while also getting that warm and fluttery feeling when she notices a post made by the user she likes.

Girls don't play roguelikes. Maybe for like five minutes in order to show what GURL GAMER they are.

no
this is clearly a no girl zone
those who are here are either lesbian or trannies or both, in other words not real girls
stop this delusion now before it's too late

You'd be surprised. You're right in that it's a very small minority but there are outliers in relation to most hobbies.

>too late
Too late for what? user, I doubt any girl will be really caring or surprised if you'll need to relieve yourself to the idea you may be exchanging posts with girls in every thread - as long as you won't get into detail or post pics. That'd be ew.

Wow apparently nobody wants to watch me play something hard, or give me suggestions on what to play.

too busy spectating 4tharra speedrunning 2bh

too busy dying in Qud friendo
I have not discovered a city beyond Joppa because I fucking suck
All I do is scum infinite money looking for recoilers to teleport my fat nigger ass across the world so I don't get btfo on worldmap encounters with flying flamethrower alligators molesting my entire body with their fiery cum
0 success thus far

I'd be willing to but it's very late here and I am watching some TV series right now anyway. Sorry, user.

You convinced me, I am now sure that the user that hates my guts is a cute nerdy girl who's totally tsundere

Can anyone recommend a class/race/weapon combo for DCSS or post a rollchart?
I cant think of any fun combos.

tengu of dithmenos with crossbows and polearms
spriggan of fedhas with bows
mummy of gozag

I like Summoner^Hep, and OpEE^Dithmenos, that one is one fun as fuck but pretty underpowered in any lair branch that isn't spider.

a nice rollchart would be cool desu

>mummy^Gozag
THIS

A simple, unfun roll would be:

Go to newgame screen. Press # at the character builder to get viable character randomizer. Last digit of your post is how many times you press n ("n" gives a new combo). Post your result.

having sex with your mother is a simple, unfun roll

I just suicided rlgrobin chaos mace wielding cecks on 0.20 and trunk on d:3 on something like five servers. One got given a chaos bardiche. I wonder how many kills the ghosts will get.

>when you go so fast you get caught in your exhaust from the drive up
Also my mouth supposedly is in frostbite temperatures.

Of the vanishingly small number of actual female women who play roguelike games, it's a safe assumption that none of them go to a neo-nazi forum to talk about how they play roguelike games.

What the fuck do you think "ceck" is? It's centaur chaos knight.

I thought you wrote kek or something like that considering how puerile leaving shitty ghosts on several servers for laugh is.

Besides, it's CeCK.

No he has to do the important work of 'triggering' the other people who use the server, or else whatever bad consequence of not doing so will happen.

Many of them aren't retarded enough to think so and even those who do often have a bit of morbid curiosity that is enough to make them learn it's not exactly so.

Are you seriously lecturing me on being mature about how I play a video game? Dude, it's a browser game. Relax. If the devs didn't want shitty ghosts to be a thing they'd remove shitty ghosts.

well I don't hate you user I think you're swell :3c

How would you feel if I covered the street with dog turds for laughs

>neo-nazi forum
duvessa seriously do you have schizophrenia or something

nobody at Veeky Forums thinks any political identity is legitimate

though I know the idea of living without validation is absurd to you

not that guy but I'd probably take a pic on my phone and then ignore it

I probably wouldn't even post it anywhere cause it's not really that funny, just kind of strange

That would be hilarious. Although I'd probably feel like you should be arrested since that's, you know, against the law and a legitimate public menace.

Is making ceck ghosts against the law? Is it even against "the rules" such as they are? Is it a public menace? Does it ruin your whole day when a fast ghost chaos rapes you on D:3? Does it affect your real life in any way? If you answered 'yes' to any of these questions you might be retarded.

The only thing people in Veeky Forums believe is the right to call people niggers and fags.

>being a niggerfaggot

I am a man- thank you very much- and I know everything about everyone who has ever posted in these threads for I am the hidden master of /rlg/ and you are all my wayward children.

It is my duty as a good parent to let you know to commit sudoku when you are being attention whoring faggots.

go to bed user

so when do we get to go back to talking about roguelikes

no time like the present

[heavy breathing]

I wish Wizards got Conjure Flame instead of Slow.
Fuck Slow.

don't they get both

> playing ogre in 2017

Minor Magic does have Conjure Flame, user.

you're thinking of that flamey spherey tileblockey thingy spell
which they do get and is pretty good