Do you deliberately accelerate from a stoplight faster than the person beside you? does it make you feel cool?

do you deliberately accelerate from a stoplight faster than the person beside you? does it make you feel cool?

No. I drive like a grandma

Yes, it makes me feel hella cool.

I have to drive twenty minutes to even get to a stoplight with multiple lanes.

I do, to get away from the other cars. If I don't I'll get surrounded by soccer moms with their landbardges who can't put down their cellphones for two seconds to watch the road.

If I need to jump in the next lane or if the lane merges, and if I need to be ahead of them, yes. This doesn't happen very often, as I usually take the lane I need to take in the first place. Another instance is if it's one of those massive diesel trucks that accelerate slower than your average sub-1L Euro shitbox.

Usually I make it a point to start nice and slow using only the clutch.

my shitbox is so slow that even if i floor it i cant pass the grandma drivers at starts

>be in left lane at red light
>fat truck with soccermom on right lane
>green
>give it a bit of gas and do a rather quick launch
>switch lane because have to turn right
>turn is a bit congestet so i slow down
>soccermom does a flyby in her fat truck roaring at 50mph

lol

>be me, driving 2010 volvo s40 2.4
>light turns green, camry next to me accelerates
>increase throttle, refuse to be passed by welfare tier nippon shitbox
>apply full throttle
>camry pulls away 3x faster than me, pulls multiple car lengths with minimal effort

such is life with 168 bhp

on my baiku, yessir. safety

in my car, I don't try to, and I even try to accelerate fairly gently but I am constantly listening to my car and constantly readjusting the throttle pressure to keep me at the same gentle pace and as fast as i can be without sounding fast which is a really try hardy thing to do to seem like you aren't even trying

Depends on the situation.
How I intend to get to my destination, changing lanes, etc.
But I do have this urge to go faster than the person next to me, no real reason why.
I have to control myself if I plan to move behind them for whatever reason.

If there's 2 lanes going forward most people chose the left lane because they know someone will be parked on the right and they'll have to wait for someone merciful to let them merge or worse the left column to pass.
That's why you go in the right lane if there's nobody else there and the moment it turns green you launch in front of everyone else.

>sitting at red light test driving new civic
>floor it to test acceleration because lol
>rx8 next to us floors it, zooms past us at like 8k rpm
>slows down for a second, rapid fires horn, then speeds off at like 60 mph again
Me and the salesman got a good chuckle out of it.

Doesn't mean anything. My grandma used to do these stoplight races in her 60's mini cooper.

Yes because Its the best time to change lanes.
I also drive a sportscar and do it anyway if the spotlight turns into a turn

yes, and it always makes me smile when a brand new car with a grandpa driver looses from my old pos box

>drive MRS with damaged clutch that doesn't let me go above 5k rpm or just before power band
>rx8 tuned turns up next to me
>thumbs up to eachother
>rev engine
>beat the rx8 to speed limit
it's fucking ridiculous how "lmao 140" bhp is enough to beat rx8's and most bimmers
even NA sw20 destroys most things

>pull up to light in my s80 v8
>clean 340 duster next to me
>light turns green
>he accelerates kinda hard
>i accelerate equally and stay in it until i'm passed him doing 5 over
>let him pass
was fun even though we never made eye contact so we weren't racing.

People in my city are so fucking slow that they don't even roll up to the line properly. They almost always leave a car length between their front bumper and the line. I can be in my Miata shifting at 2.5K every gear and still rape everyone by multiple lengths. Fuck this city.

>do you deliberately accelerate from a stoplight faster than the person beside you?
Only if I need to get in front of him due to an upcoming lane change. Otherwise, I mind my own business and drive legally without making my tires squeal. My car has plenty of starting torque and HP, but there is no need to shove it into other peoples' faces as my angsty years are long behind me.

>light goes green
>accelerate up to speed limit
>look in rear view
>cars behind have only started moving
>few moments later
>cars start to speed past me
butthurt cunts can't ever live with the shame and always have to blitz past me.

I drive an S40
I do accelerate faster usually
No it does not make me feel cool
I'm just impatient and wanna go faster

Volvo Crew checkin in

i floor it everywhere i go and generally drive like im on a go kart track.

its why i can never drive anything with more than 150 hp, because i know i will end up killing myself or others.

>dipped wheels
pure cancer

>be me
>be 1 hour ago
>speed limit 45
>going 55 in fast lane
>lifted truck flies by me in slow lane
>we both stop at redlight a few yards ahead
>launch
>redlining in each gear
>going 85 in a 55 before going up gears and slowing down
>see truck coming up on me
>passes me
>take turns passing each other for 15 exits before i get off the one for work

First time that’s happened since I got a moderately fast car. Was funny.

>do you deliberately accelerate from a stoplight faster than the person beside you?
Nigga I drive like a maniac just to keep up with SUVs in front of me.

I swear its always idiots in their crossovers that do this. Its like they just think of the accelerator as an on/off switch.

You're paying for a big powerful engine... You might as well use it. People that drive trucks and SUV's and take 5 minutes to hit the speed limit are fucking pieces of shit.

Yes. Because racecar

not unless I have to get in their lane to turn before the next light/street

>drive stock crx with 90 horsepower
>go to 5k in each gear to keep up with modern grocery getters and pickups depending on the area and time of day

Usually i just say fuck it and drive like a granny

Dude of course. I like having both lanes open to me so I can swap in freely as needed but it makes my such bigger each time I do it as well, you'd have to be stupid not to.

I do. It makes me feel kinda cool but I only have 100 hp in a 3700 lb sedan so...
>inb4 tork

Yes

Yes

I just try to get to the speed limit as quickly and smoothly as possible. The traffic must flow and we all have to do our part. Knowing I contribute does make me feel good.

I actually do the exact opposite so if someone runs a red light the car beside me will get t-boned instead of me.

It hasn't happened yet, but one day...

>Not surrounding yourself with morons so you can claim against them, giving you that sweet green.
Come on son, step it up.