/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Feigned disability
>App 1.14, Regulation 1.35 patch notes
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/3044845282383816896

>READ ME BEFORE POSTING, IF YOU'RE NEW
pastebin.com/Txe190aw

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub
>Full Soundtrack
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B66vvDQ_rAMyS29wdTR6ajZsczQ

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a
imgur.com/a/eSXdv/layout/grid

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

scaling values for reference

last for enb STILL hasn't played the ringed city

Decent name for a Irithyll knight. Male or female suggestions

My current intention was to get to SL150 to match a friend I typically played with, but I'm still getting decent amounts of invasions and summoning.

I don't even feel as though the amount of poise I run with is the problem, I simply can't take advantage of it because it doesn't activate in time. Yhorm's Greataxe felt faster in landing hits.

spell buff for reference

Lol and he never will.

Can I fit a GS of Judgement on a DEX/INT Friede build? How necessary is it to have 27 STR?

The difference between 18 and 27 STR is ~30 AR. How much more damage would that translate into?

Also note that I don't necessarily intend to run both weapons at the same time. That won't be my actual armor.

asking over here cause I had bad timing. does anyone have a spare gundyr's halberd on pc?

Well your build isnt exactly optimized for damage, but it's not terrible. And you say you're using the LKUGS? With what infusion?

Why the 25 Dex?

>he doesn't use curved greatswords to shit on passive players with your subpar speed and very parriable attacks

weird how emma is the shrine handmaiden

ask Charlie Edwards, he should have one

Just started a pyromancy warrior character. Just wondering what would be a fun, novel weapon to use for a build like this?

Cryomancer Perth
Lady/Sir Auron/Aurora
Lost Irithyllian

>2 out of every 3 people are using CE

wow so much fun

so can we safely assume that the shithole that is PVP will never be fixed/cleansed?

fiiiine

what is the best boss theme from each game?

Item swap is 100% safe for weapons/armor/rings, even online.

How do you know dis

>this build

Is it safe to resurrect an NPC with CE in DS3?
Seigward died on me to a fucking Machete fag in 3 hits.

Lightning LKGS and that's 25 Str and 18 Dex.

I honestly don't want to ditch the LKGS and enjoy the use of miracles immensely to really ditch faith.

It's not

Any ancient celtic name fits well imo user, you might want to look up some
sauce me up on this, I forgot the artist name again

Keep in mind that Friede's doesn't actually benefit from the extra Int unless you're using the L2R1s, the Magical damage only applies to the off-hand support scythe.

That being said, those 40 points of Int are somewhat wasted because of your shitty Attunement and not hitting 60 Int (on top of your biggest spell requiring only 23 Int). It's kind of impossible to do that at SL120 on a hybrid build anyways, at least not without shaving a generous amount of points from Vigor and Endurance (you don't really need that much unless you're using a greatshield or ultra weapon anyways).

I'm not really feeling like doing this since I already helped another guy earlier today and I haven't eaten lunch yet. Maybe I'll help you out once I've eaten.

so how come I'm doing this since day 1 and I wasn't penalized once?

What is it about Dark Souls PvP that creates so much Salt?
I got like 30 hatemails in the last 4 weeks, I played many online Games but never got this amount of hate like in Souls.

I'm sure you can live without that last Siegrau

Got lucky. I got invalid data flagged on two of my accounts for that shit while I was dicking around testing what would get me banned or not.

Scas, his tumblr has most of the darksouls works he's done. I'm not sure if he's missing any when compared to KrekKov.

Taking 9 points out of that build for more GSoJ AR isn't worth it unless you want to switch to using GSoJ as your primary weapon. Actually it probably isn't worth it either way.
Dex/Int gets to use Aquamarine, that's probably a better investment than adding another slow HA weapon which struggles to play aggressively.

Adjudicator
Four Kings
Fume Knight
didn't play bloodborne
Twin Princes

Something about the game's mechanics itself fucks with people. For example, a good portion of the game is you getting stunned by something and not being able to react against it until afterward. That's frustrating. Also, that big YOU DIED or YOU LOSE thing that pops up in the arena is like added salt to the wound.

Souls players in general seem to have over inflated senses of how good they are at video games due to >le hard game meme

This makes their egos extra fragile.

It's funny because DS3 PvP is like over 50% luck and reading your opponent. Skill has very little to do with it.

>Try low level pvp
>It's just filled with fags with dark hand and spamming parry
how did I dare to expect to have fun

Im starting a new game. That was bullshit.

It was undead settlement too.

Only DaS2 babbies and later. People that played DeS or DaS1 before the PC release remember the "tough but fair" motto.

How the hell did you get these stats and end up at SL134?

>I got banned for being a retard and not knowing what to spawn

>Waits to hear more about how CGS's punish passive play.

Don't forget the Lightning Resin buffed Raw DSAs, or the Borthammers.

Well here's a bit more optimized build that doesnt require a stat ring. Assuming you have 45 Fai so you can use Lightning storm.

Unless you got someone to mule you your shit, just restart your character. Takes less than an hour to reach Und*** Settlement.

How did that happen, by the way? Don't those machete guys not enter the elevator church? You probably shouldn't have just run past them anyways.

Also, fuck this bugged quick reply window, stop inserting line breaks at random and fucking up my replies.

Just be cautious around them and bait them into attacking.

They have their heads so far up their own asses that they won't expect a "new" player actually fighting them well.

High level PvP is the same except that instead of riposting with the Dark Hand they riposte with ultras.

Jesus Christ, just defated Pontiff on SL 1, ended up taking 0 hits, this thing is awesome, why have I never thought of doing SL 1 run earlier.

If you are still on I can spare you one (do you want it as a level 5 or just unleveled)

I really wish the Spear of the Church wasn't such a pain in the tits to join.

And that the rewards for doing well in it were actually worth a damn outside of the covenant.

fuck replied to the wrong guy my bad
I can spare you one if you are still on. Level 5 or do you want it vanilla

Shit, forgot to mention I had the Priestess Ring on.

Eh appreciate it, but at this point, stat differences aren't gonna help all that much. It's just a matter of figuring out how to actually fucking land a hit in this reactive infested meta.

>I got banned testing things
>This makes me a retard

One of those accounts only spawned a greataxe and some lothric knight armour famalam

It's not hard to use family share accounts if you get banned anyway. Who gives a shit. Oh no I was mildly inconvenienced.

Becoming a Divine Spear is almost guaranteeing you to kiss Shira

>What is it about Dark Souls PvP that creates so much Salt?

>Short answer:

Environment and lag always has a bigger impact than your own strategy. Because of the wealth of information you have to internalize, it's very hard to tell if you were outplayed or if the other player just got lucky. That creates a sense of unfairness.

>Long Answer:

Circumstances > Strategy in souls. The damage / health ratios mean that one or two mistakes or wrong hits can cause you to die at any point, so even if you have great skill and strategy, the other player can clip you with one extra hit and kill you, or some mob can catch you from outside the camera.

PvE focused balance means that there are lots of DLC and late game weapons, rings, and items that are universally better than early game ones, further aggravating the "it's not strategy it's just that you're twinking" anger. The high levels of customization also obscure the ability to form a strategy, since often times straightforward strategies won't work in reality. Having multiple phantoms also diminishes the effect of your own strategy, and losing often feels like the product of the environment instead. All the effort in making an optimal build is wasted due to simply facing two enemies at once.

Compare this to fighting games, where every player knows every other characters exact moveset and tier list and counters. The wealth of knowledge is narrow enough that when someone does pull off a unique move or something new, it's a huge occassion and you feel outplayed. In Souls, it's *impossible to tell between a brilliant strategy or a dumbshit getting lucky* Because of the anonymous nature of souls interactions also, it's often hard to tell if you're fighting someone who actually knows what they're doing vs someone who got lucky, especially in invasions.

I had a bunch of them follow me in when I first ended up talking to him and died before I had a chance to talk to him. Thankfully he was still there when I returned since I heard he disappears if you don't talk to him the first time you see him.

It started with prepare to die you dumbshit

>implying I want to kiss a gril who locked themselves inside an old musty shrine for god knows how long and probably hasn't bathed in ages

Yeah the machete guys run into the church, I tried to get them to fall down the hole but no dice, I panicked and rolled away.
They got stuck next to Siegward and kept fucking swinging their shit around.
He died after like 4 hits, so fuck it, im restarting due to that BS.

Am I crazy for wanting a triple phase Sister Friede style fight against Halflight?

I noticed this. I could outmaneuver their parries for a while but I eventually get caught in that since I'm just not good enough

THAT'S THE BEST PART

she's so lonely and cute user, don't be picky.
also she can get out otherwise there wouldn't be a summon sign for Midir

Yes.
At least Halflight would be 100x less edgy.

Unless he suddenly grows winbgs and turns into some kind of flamboyant Valkyrie

I just want to fight him for longer than 10 fucking seconds because his health bar is that small and his attacks don't do shit.

I'm sure the smell can't be worse than half the areas in Dark Souls.

Undead Settlement must smell like pure rotting pussy, same with Farron Keep.

>no shira and ashen one fics at all since Ringed city released.
>forever doomed with this fanbase that only likes futa garbage and scalie shit...
>mfw

There's a Shira and Filianore fic my dude.

>tfw fair looking long-haired man
>all my characters are self inserts
>never matters because I always wear a helmet
>find antiquated plain set, love it, change into it right away
>get to halflight
>it's a fucking mirror match

>yuri

>lesbian garbage on Archive of own by a woman that won't upload since she grew up and raised a business/is trying.
yeah naw, it's okay but I don't like lesbian stuff.

>Invade the same guy three times in a row
>Curbstomp him the first two times
>Feel bad and play much worse the third time so that he can win

post pics

infidels

People really need to do more mirror matches to be honest.
They always sound fun, and the idea is rather humorous in itself.

I refuse to trust """straight""" men who are not into lesbians.

>getting out of the yuri board
You have to Go back!

Don't get me wrong, I like a good tribadism as much as the next guy...
But I much prefer straight stuff.

>boss entirely based around mimicking your current character
>will even change equipment should you change it out
>guardian covenant even based around it

I really wish covenant gimmicks were more ambitious.

Does anyone know if the sacred shime of filianore beats out priests chime at 40 fai?

I never left, sister. Ever heard of tabs?

>invade AFK host
>Spend an hour dumpstering blues instead

My god, curiosity is going to kill you kittens

So basically Shadow Link in Dark Souls?

I like it.
[spoiler}It'd be better if it had a second phase where it turns into a huge monster designed to best defend against your current playstyle.

continuing Souls is not a pvp game, it's clearly not designed around rewarding players for successfully understanding the game and executing a strategy, and DS3 is the worst at this. From deliberately implements a lot of mechanisms designed to obscure the effectiveness of strategies and make it seem confusing about whether you were outplayed, or exploited or cheated against.

Compare souls to Armored Core V / Verdict day or Chromehounds (which are From's only pvp-focused games).

In those games all players get most / all the equipment right away, and instead of leveling up, you are allowed to save multiple builds and load them (and even tweak them before each fight to adapt to the specific map and player). This vastly reduces the environmental effect since you have control over exactly what your loadout is before each map. You also can see all the enemies on the map before you begin.

On top of that, player character and builds are ranked publicly and displayed and easy to see after you lose so that you can keep up to date with the meta and learn what strategies work best. There's also no healing and player health is high enough that it takes significant planning and strategy to kill someone (or a huge amount of risk if you fail on a one hit kill strategy) and you have many opportunities to turn the tide of combat.

Using high powered/risky weapons is much more obvious, as well, and much more difficult to hit with due to limited ammo. This means that in order to use a one hit kill weapon (or even a 3 or 4 hit kill weapon) you need to really commit your build to it and it will be very obvious to the opponent, giving the opponent more information and the opportunity to resist.

Notice a trend?

The information and circumstances that the player have control over is much, much higher. You don't end up feeling cheated out of a win because of the environment or a lack of opportunities/equipment.

Disgusting

>tfw my ex gf literally fucked her best friend and I watched then got in too
She had rather big tits and her friend small and firm tits
One of the best moments in my life

>you can literally do this with a CE script
>from is too incompetent to ever incorporate it in their game

>tfw fair looking long-haired man
Read: 4/10 grocery store clerk with waist-length greasy black hair, thinks that he's attractive because he has a set of weights in his basement that he lifts sometimes between playing video games

>tribadism
Chris chan spotted, go back to work on the comics.

You're pretty much on the ball. Souls is always a game about one side dumpstering the other side due to having an overwhelming advantage, be it mechanical or technical.

But I always figured that was intentional. You know, in fitting with the whole style of the games where you are encouraged to overcome critical adversity. Invasions support this. Structured PvP does not, which is why I feel it was a mistake to add it to the series.

>spear of the church
>monster
this, fucking faggots

is there any evidence that would suggest the nameless king is not gwyn's firstborn?

Shit, my secret identity has been compromised.

>Liking dykes or "Lesbians" rubbing nothing to stimulation...
Yeah no I'd rather stick to something I actually find appealing like actual straight sex.

>millwood bow on a 66 strength build

What were the devs thinking when they added what is basically a rocket launcher to the game?

>invade lost afk host outside dancer
>first in a while I didn't come across a gank squad so I decide to wait a bit
>so I can have a nice 1 vs 1 fight
>teleport behind me and back stabs me
>I put up a good fight but he wins due to his end game/dlc gear and my crappy fashion gear
>he points down

>tfw no shitter boss that uses Fallen Knight Set mixed with Farron Set and Havels + Dark Sword
>He changes his equiment mid fight to counter your weapons and armor (calculated by AI)
>At every 1/4 of his HP he "summons" a Phantom into the Fight
>If you die he points down/Claps/Bows
for example when he ganls you he bows
>If you win you dont get a "HEIR OF FIRE DESTROYEY" notification but "CONNECTION ERROR"
>You have to point down to get his Boss Soul/ Special Drop
Do it Miyazaki

i don't get it

These are good posts, somebody please save them.
T. Dumb phoneposter

What would the special drop be?

Fun.

mask of the father and the well what is it gesture