/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood General

Mateus Refugee Edition

An update regarding the status of congested Worlds: sqex.to/Zns

An update regarding resolutions for the instance roadblock and 90k errors on the NA data center: sqex.to/9J2

>Stormblood Launch Trailer
[YouTube] FINAL FANTASY XIV: Stormblood Launch Trailer (embed)

>Job Guide
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/jobguide/battle/

>4.0 Patch Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/296b070f41c0e0dedae24de50ae7c51abfa95055

>Callback Campaign for Returning Players
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/callback/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells
pastebin.com/raw/kFkd6CCq (embed)
Last time on /xivg/:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13227145
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

nth for Mateus is actually pretty good.

Made friends doing fates and had a nice time talking with them while leveling up.

Haha, we will never be happy.

strawpoll.me/13227145

Race is going to be a c@ so take that as you will, I'm beyond giving the few fucks I have left

The official comfy server.

WHAT COUNTS AS HIGH POPULATION SERVER?

sorry I forgot to retype a response, I had one but didn't feel it was accurate enough so I erased

I guess the ones that are locked are the busy busy servers, but in general I don't think aether servers aside from balmung or gilgamesh are all that big, most the chaos servers have evenly distributed populations with leviathan being an example of a good busy server?

I didn't even look at the list of primal closed servers though

honestly you can level so fast with the bonus atm, maybe just make another char I'm not entirely sure

Is Mateus better off than Balmung, pop wise? I want to get as far away from this overcrowded, ERP-ridden shithole as possible.

>tfw Donut has 0 good looking males

Why even bother >.

HIYAAAAA~

To dickride off your question, what are the secondary RP servers? Balmung is way too fucking full and I'd like a relatively healthy server of RPers

guys i dont think my dick can get any harder

SEND HELP

is there a Veeky Forums FC on Mateus yet? IIt's been over an hour and barely at 2k

I WANT THE COOL MOUNT NOW MAKE ME A LIST OF THE POPULAR SERVERS

>the fastest way to level was basically unbottable
>add xp to shatter
>newest fastest way to level is runescape-level easy to bot

woah... so this is... the power.. of japanese developers...

Highlanders

just started to level in SB. should i focus on MSQ+sidequests or can i ignore the sidequests and only do the MSQ ?

>tfw

Manlanders?

Mateus is lowpop. It's getting bigger due to the free transfers and incentives for new people, but don't expect it to be a big server.
Mateus is being treated as the secondary RP server ever since Balmung shut down and there's incentives for transfers and new players to start there.

Took me 3 hours to get in with a 3.2k queue. Must be abou tan hour per 1k queue

So much PotD

xth for red mage

>tfw you pushed all your friends away before SB
I deserve it I guess

Yes it can

High pop servers are all I know. Is there any glaring reason not to choose a lowpop server? Parties are even crossworld now.

you will have no problems getting into mateus to play, if you get a queue its because there was some kind of mass d/c and everyones trying to get back in at once
I think, though this may change with such a large influx of players, that when mateus was small everyone was really kind and chill with one another because, well you don't wanna be a standout jerk when people are all comfy and have heard of one another
gilgamesh which is obviously locked, I'm not sure for EU servers, but I think its safe to say if a place has a big population it'll have a chunk of rpers, I've been catching wind from players on mateus about influx of rpers now though
I have an ls for xivg players and an fc to invite people I feel are trustworthy enough, which if you're around with the intent of playing and leveling that pretty much is enough reason

for the tl;dr

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHICH HIGH POP SERVER I CAN MAKE A CHARACTER ON AND THEN SWITCH FOR THE FREE BONUS?

■Japan Data Center
Tonberry
Bahamut

■North America Data Center
Balmung
Gilgamesh
Leviathan

■Europe Data Center
Ragnarok
Odin
Cerberus
Moogle
Shiva

Cozy low-pop servers are the best

So all we're getting is gold choco feathers for transferring to low pop world?

That's hardly worth it

any other servers for NA that aren't locked?

Someone please tell me how much job exp I get for doing pvp, is it good to level on 60-70?

Is Ninja any good/fun? I've been liking monk so far, but everyone wants or has a Samurai so I was thinking of switching before I hit 70

Poor girl, were forced to work in the rice field. I can't imagine a harder life than that, she literally did nothing wrong

As a Balmung refugee, seeing the streets empty is a bit weird. If you like seeing a bunch of other players in the cities, then don't transfer. Parties being crossworld means you will be fine when it comes to PvE.

Hi how are you doing?

It's what a lot of people are doing apparently. I hear its really good and a lazy way to level

tfw outleveling the story

Reporting in.

tfw 70 when I started the MSQ...

post your bf

;_;

NIN is shit, don't listen to anybody who says otherwise.

SAM -> DRG -> MNK ------------> NIN

You did it on a second job, right?

Is DRG playable optimally at 90ms?
This is important

What server is the current Veeky Forums server that I can actually make a character on?

If I am on a trial do I get those rewards for mak9ing a character on one of their preferred realms?

Also, what is best healing class for someone who is shit at videogames?

Sounds good, time to wade through this nightmarish 4.3k people and take shit off the marketboards so I can file my transfer.
Thanks for the advice everyone.

What's this dumb bitch doing in the rain?

what dps class do I play in this hellish nightmare?

Everyone's running around in nice yukatas and kimonos! I want to look nice too! Why did I never get into glamour!? Why am I so ugly in shire gear!?

Is this hair even available for use

reminder

I thought Garleans were

This is true.

>I can't imagine a harder
I can :^)

i was gonna pst for swimming friends but i never catch you online..

How long does the bonus exp last if I make a character on shitmateus

>log out to use fantasia
>5k queue

Why did I think this wouldn't happen

>gigantic queue on balmung

Dammit yoshi i cant even erp tonigh?

Are there too many samurais and red mages? I kind of want to switch to one but not if theres too many of them

dont play samurai

Do I buy the Tora-jiro and have a best friend on my adventures?

It's actually written on SE's website. It's not time based. Come on, those are easy questions.

Yes, there are a ton of both, but play them if you enjoy them - most people will drop them within a month.

SE hasn't said. It could be weeks for all we know

Why wouldn't there be too many of the new classes?

What do you think, user?

Of course there's a ton of people playing the new classes, but most will go back to their main jobs in a couple of weeks

Same in every mmo when a new class comes out

Making a new character and leveling him from the start doesn't seem very appealing desu seems like a huge waste of time and I won't make it to SB in time. Plus picking a DPS class is just going to be hell since duty finder queues

if you are on mateus leveling as a dps, I'd be willing to wreck the arr dungeons for you and give free passes through them

You have 2 weeks until the raid is unlocked and it takes less than a week with double xp to catch up

It took me a month just to finish the HW part. I don't have free time like you neets I have to wagecuck.

Yeah but then that leaves HW

It took me 5 hours to log in earlier and I just fucked up by logging off for 20 seconds

why the fuck is this allowed
how was this given the OK

I will roll there too if you help me senpai

whats the problem?

if i bought stormblood today, i won't be able to activate my key until tuesday, right? or am i missing something?

Lalafells are adults.

I want to eliminate Lalas.
Lalas and lizards are the most annoying races.

Have we gotten anymore more slutgear than this one?

This is only a problem if you RP as a child lala. Do you RP as a child?

>could've had a hot, shortstack race
>instead we got these fucking abominations

The fuck were they thinking

i think the problem is that that's actually leveling gear

Making a new character is fine, playing DD as a first job is dumb, plain and simple. You won't have fun, at all, unless you find a tank friend or someone in your FC to queue with you as tank.

If it had been an old school MMO such as FFXI I'd have said the opposite as the whole community and social element was central but nowadays, there is little to no social atmosphere in MMOs and people don't care about others.

Other than that, the exp bonus will last as long as SE thinks it should last, I think it's safe to say that it'll stay on for 1/2 big patch at the very least.
I don't understand why you'd worry about being "late" on Stormblood story, there is no loss in that.

I really don't mind, it takes not much time to sprint through and slay arr dungeons
well I can't carry through that unfortunately, but you don't need hw for sb

What hat that be

because it'll take more than 2weeks to grind from ARR all the way to SB.

Can I skip HW and just go to SB?

this kid gets it.

I don't RP at all

>tfw no patch to make lalas look like Elin

beepy....

Why the fuck is Alisaie such a mary sue
shes like the Lisa Simpson of ffxiv

Survival Hat

Elin are even worse.

HW isn't needed for SB from what I understand?
she's the WoL's npc equal for goodguys, and estinien and aymeric

I still don't see how being 2 weeks late is an issue. There is literally nothing to do until next patch, realistically speaking. Anything that is available right now will be made obsolete when next patch hits, at which point you'll have the level and ilvl needed to tackle the new content anyway.

You guys really love to stress yourself over nothing, you'll die young this way.

>With the chat mode in Say, [...]

Hmmm so I can just finish the ARR msq and then pick up the SB msq?

You keep not understanding. I'm saying i'll be a month late not two weeks.