Other than being slow in a straight line, what is so bad about the 86/frs/brz?

Other than being slow in a straight line, what is so bad about the 86/frs/brz?

the people who buy them

because for that price there are way better options

i really don't understand why anyone would want a frs/brz in the first place

Probably the shitload of ricers in burgerland. Here in europe they are considered pretty decent, also if you rocketbunny that car you should be shot on the spot

while it maintains the balance and steering response offered by the car it was designed after, the BRZ is a significantly slower car today compared to other cars on the road than the AE86 was

120hp in a 2200 pound car in 1983 was pretty quick

200hp with an inexcusable torque dip in a 2800 pound car in 2012 wasn't much

That's it. Being slow is really the only problem, and it's fixed with a 3k supercharger.

It's slow on the straight and the track.

Like others said, the fanboys and the idea that it's supposed to live up to an older legacy. On its own terms it's a great car for the price, imo.

I know I'm getting a brz in a year or so, and I'm damned excited for it.

I own an 86 and I agree with this post.

DORIFFTU

And the people who can’t afford them

Cramped and not comfy at all

Average sized guy here

overpriced for what it is.

When your car can't live up to the legacy of a 116hp econobox grocery car you got a serious problem.

I can't think of a better rwd coupe used for around the same price.

>he thinks 86s are expensive

kek

What legacy? That it was a slow, but fun 2+2?

Camaro/stang

M8 there are plenty. But you already knew that.

Can'tturn.jpg

Lexus IS250

Literally the first and probably only car purpose built to be riced. Give it a decade and these fuckers will be scooped up for peanuts and stuffed full of mods.

>coupe

Despite it being slow, it's fairly thirsty and requires premium fuel.

>because for that price there are way better options
In Burgerstan, perhaps. And that's only for straight line performance.

Shit they might as well be on Veeky Forums. Some of you guys are poor af.

Come say that to my face fuckboi

I will have you know I train MMA and money means nothing to me. I drive a truck. WHAT.

>WHAT.

i thought the guy in the picture was pathetic but you top this wanking statue. how does it feel knowing ur a habitual man cuddling cock fondler? throw hands and fondle them sausage faggot

>man cuddling cock fondler
It's called jujutsu

Oh I'm come on your face, fuckboi.

mainly it buthurt Miatafags by being cheaper and faster.

Then it buthurt the Teslafags by being cheaper and faster. Aht Veeky Forums is full of Miatafags and Tesla shills.

Makes me wonder how an older Miata, like an NA or NB compares to the AE86...

>Is meant to be all about handling
>Has Macpherson struts in the front because ">muh boxer"

The power isn't the problem, it's the dip.

Its output would be completely fine if it was more linear.

You mean the car that starts at €57k, with just the 4 cylinder?
The GT86 is €9k cheaper.

In the US a new mustang starts at about $30K i believe. So over there it is a logical choice one would make.
In Europe the price of most muscle cars double thanks to tax and regulations. So the lower weigh

>faster than miata
kek

Yes.

>faster than a miata
That's like bragging saying "my dick is at least two inches"

This.

They should have made it with an I4 or v6. easily could have had double wishbones.

I don't have a huge problem with macphersons but when you can design a car with a better system you should instead of ruining it with a boxer for muh CoG

Why hello there, trophy wife.

Well of course you will get a better car than the GT86/BRZ if you pay twice the amount money for that Lexus.

>what is getting used car

I'm talking the price of a used Lexus IS 250c vs used Toyota GT86. Both from 2015 ofc.

This is why I won't be at all surprised if the S-FR ends up being faster around a track than the 86.
It'll probably have better suspension, less weight and might even have comparable power.

>1000lbs heavier
Lol

The good ol used vs new argument
>wanting a car with someone else's farts in the seats

330ci

It’s a bit too big and heavy to be marketed as light and fun but not big enough to be properly practical.

It's a """sports car""" that is out performed by a minivan in every metric

Care to tell what other options besides american?

I really want one and it's the perfect car for me but every damn kid around here has one. I should just get over it.

Wait wait is there new news?

I can't afford it and Toyota didn't make it just to suit my bullshit criteria

Did he erupt before the volcano?

No comparison, the miata would rape an ae86

That minivan is also faster than 95% of what Veeky Forums drives, including you.

Brz slightly faster on track, but think thats due to miatas soft street suspension. With some simple suspension mods wouldnt be surprised if miata beats the BRZ

Also ND is faster 0-60 mph than BRZ which is the only one that really matters in real world use

I'm not sure if I go 0-60 like ever except for the odd time for fun when I'm getting on a highway from a stop or something, and for that it's about the fun of going all out. It's not like
>damn that sucked, it took 100ms too long >:(

That kind of stuff only matters for racing or if you're talking about a substantial qualitative difference in how much go juice your butt dyno reads.

wtf?

The fucking GT86 is €47k?

Its €31k for top version here in germany.

In what country are you living?

4banger Mustang starts at €38k and V8 at €44k.

That requires money and that same amount of money can be put into the BRZ to make it faster.

Considering how cheap it is to modify the suspension on Miatas, I doubt it would cost similarly.

Here in aus, this is the numale car of choice. Almost every single one in Sydney alone is riced whether it be shitty stickers or giant ass bling bling rims with ricer camber and fart cannons/ls1 swaps. In western Sydney it's even more evident. I haven't seen a bone stock one in ages.

Sidenote: The engine is also shit. FA20s are gutless and suck at getting more hp. EJ's are much better.

Fuck off, Norwegian fuccboi.

For that price name one car you can buy new that's better.

It's not light and agile enough to be a high handling car like the old 86 or even the new Miata but it also isn't powerful enough to be a straight line or drift car. It's just right in the middle of eveyrything so it isn't really good at 1 particular thing.

and a new 86 is 5k less than that. The 86 is the significantly cheaper car no matter where you go.

There's nothing wrong with it. Veeky Forums is just contrarian.

Yup, that's my net conclusion so far. It's such a bag of compromises that it's not quite excellent at any of it. But on the other hand if you can find one cheap and those compromises make sense then it's hard to dislike.

Like I do actually use the back seats and the load capacity of the roof, so I can quite say I'd rather get a miata even though that'd be more fun for most of my driving.

Civic SI

>that doesn't count because I have blind conditions about fwd cars because I read memes on Veeky Forums

>200 bhp
>slow

Only has 140 on the dyno

Mustang
Miata
Camaro
Challenger
Spider
370z

>FWD
>Sports car
Lmao so hard
Miata is the only correct answer

>I'm going to come up with a flaw for each of these because I'm too stupid to think rationally because I prefer to rattle off useless specs.
>too this
>not enough that
>that's bad because (baseless meme)

older miatas are even slower

>miata is already more expensive
>"this $1000 coilover set is cheap for what you get"
>finally equal the toyobaru's lap times
>toyobaru owner buys $1000 in suspension mods
>now it's as expensive as the stock miata
>BTFOs the miata again

I like you

False as fuck. You can have a corvette, a sti. A god damn rx7. Hell u can buy an r32 for around 18-20k

I love this used car meme

What used car meme. Its true. I paid 18k for my c5 and its a z06.

I can bet it's been abused plenty,has alot of miles,and interior falling apart. Every used corvette I see has leather seats cracking and looking like shit. Some people want a new car, get over it

>rx7
All of them in burgerland have been ls1ed because rice. Better off buying a vette/camaro

Runs great on here in fontana and willow springs. The interior was allways shit but its a track car idgaf. Op asked what was so bad. And it was answerd. You can get a used car that can do what it does cheaper. He didnt say anything about new. If he bought it new or anyone for that matter than they are getting fucked by a stealership and its deserved. Why you getting assblasted user? Here have a funny pic.

True, it is sad

How many miles on it? Im assblasted because there's always people like (You) that say "anyone" buying a new car is getting fucked over by dealer. I don't want a sports car that was knowingly abused by the previous person, all you can do is hope and pray they maintained it and didn't grind up or burn the clutch. You're usually never this lucky, oh yeah and always some hidden problems

Most cars are that way, even certified used. Thats why you get warranty or have some knowledge on how to do repairs. Buying new can have those risks as well though not as high. The car had no flaws and is an 04 with 85k miles on it. I put at least another 10k. Yet my father bought a new ford f150 and his tranny went out 4 months afterward. Buying new, from a financial standpoint, is horrifying. A smarter choice would be certified pre owned thats either a year or less old.

Because for that money I can import an actual AE86.

Thanks for buying my sister in laws low mileage yet completed burned out off lease vehicles!

Yea, they burn a quart in 300 miles.. but less than 50K miles and the dealer will throw in a 12 month warranty. How can you lose?

Meanwhile.. I'll just..you know.. get 0.0% on a new car and not worry.

Very few dealers offer warranties on used cars with a bit of mileage, at least abuse or negligence won't be a factor when buying new. 80k miles is quite a bit for a corvette especially one you call a track car

Never said it was low. The last owner was , as u guessed it, an old man and just drove it on weekends. He got a new porsche and was selling his.
Damn, so pessimistic. Not all cars are treated like shit, though most are. Hey man, some people cant deal with a used car, like my mother, so just like her go and buy new.
Buy new for all i care. If you have enough money then any problems u get will be covered by warrenty and ur cash. But most of Veeky Forums is not that lucky.

Certified preowned can mean different things depending on the dealer. I've seen some "ceritifed" preowned cars with things obviously wrong. (Tire tread, suspension, one even had a CEL)

You're better off getting a car inspected than buying into CPO.

A header and tune will already make it faster than the Miata for less than 1500$

>with some suspension mods it would be faster round a track

A brz with some engine mods would be faster in the straights and round a track.

Wanna start benchracing?

You can get a V6 stang with 310hp or ecoboost for less than 30k otd. They give nice discounts here on those. Camaro turbo engine, 26k otd. V6 version 30k otd.
Brz? 31k otd and frs was 29k otd.
That 3k on your shit supercharger that will prob fuck your engine before 10 years is well above the price of pony cars. 86 is a failure, and its a fucking meme. There's a reason why everyone who bought that car got instant buyers remorse.

Not if you BOOST them

Forgot to add when i was looking at a base v6 mustang with PP and 3.73 gears/Auto and ruby red i got quoted $23k OTD. This was when the S550 mustang first came out.

It is a spectacular handling car. It's underwhelming engine output figures aren't a significant disadvantage in comparison on a car that's basically made to be modified and customized and comes stock with an LSD. If you want the most powerful car possible for the money it's not the best choice, but not everyone wants that.

Brz's can be had for 27k out the door, you're thinking of top trim with brembos and shit. Base trim is the way to go, those other cars you speak of are much heavier and don't offer the same type of driver/road connection as the 86