clanjadewolf.net/mwll/
mechlivinglegends.net/

Living Legends Server Stats (Use this to check if anyone is playing):
stats.spikx.net/mwll.html

The HAWKEN zombie marches on:
playhawken.com/

Heavy Gear Assault:
store.steampowered.com/app/416020

M.A.V. (Now with more Chromehound legal rights!)
bombdogstudios.com/blog/

MechWarrior Online:
mwomercs.com/

Cram in completely unbalanced civil era tech here:
mwomercs.com/civil-war

How to start MWO:
youtube.com/watch?v=imffSrJ4O7s

New Player's Guide to MWO (aka the Manual):
docs.google.com/presentation/d/1bmIEjECA6IbWRm92vmylZNv2QYVc5gXO7CT9jMITOrM/edit

Kong PodKast #25: Heavy Gear Stuff
kongkast.libsyn.com/kong-kast-25-gear-bays-black-market-and-pets-oh-my

MWO Mechlab:
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab

MWO Heat Simulator:
keikun17.github.io/mwo_heat_simulator/

Kanajashi's Video Tutorials:
youtube.com/watch?v=RGPYOrhEFtg

Group Mumble Info:
kong.stepoff.com
port:7777

Other urls found in this thread:

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=156&l=2d06fdd8d4be93a359183d5edf835029cab275ab
youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

FIRST FOR NIGGERSPHERE. FUCKING TEST TUBE CANCER BABIES.

2nd for this

So i have in no particular order, 1 catapult(gutted) 2 grasshoppers(1 gutted), 3 shadow cats, 2 mad dogs, and a king crab. plus a locust and some jenners

My favorites are the mad dogs but I'd like a clan heavy that is a little tankier without using ballistics. I love my king crab but it hurts to pilot at times.

Any IS heavies for AC10s and or lasers?

No more glass cannons please

Best clam heavy to buy for the upcoming tech patch? What's going to be good with the new weapons?

Nova. 12 heavy smalls.

>Nova
>Heavy

Are 12 heavy smalls not heavy enough for you?

Is there a mech that will do more?

Not if you want a shitload of heavy smalls.

>test out kodiak-3
>put 4 UAC/10s on it and paint it yellow
>enemy focuses on me for a good minute or two before I die
>proceeds to get raped by exposing their flank to the rest of the team for so long

I don't know if it's the correct way to play assault, but it's working so far. I'm almost tempted to switch out to LBX/20s once I get enough c-bills again.

big stonkin' mecha bump

Is this robots?

>not going with a dozen heavy mediums dealing 120 damage for just 12 tons

It's like you can't see into the future of opmetatryhardspam and the resulting forum meltdowns demanding nerfs.

New to this game here. Wouldn't that many heaves be a sick amount of heat? Do mechs in MWO detonate from too much excessive heat like in MW3?

Why can't the (g)oldmen ask for inner sphere mechs that have GOOD hardpoint spreads? Shit like:

>a 75 ton chassis with 2 or more ballistics spread between side torsos and arms
>a 75+ ton mech that can put on more than 5 lasers and 2 missiles

Because the Thanatos and Argus are being saved for the real nigga nostalgia dollars.

>Any IS heavies for AC10s and or lasers?
Rifl-
>No more glass cannons please
fug.

Hill humping with Rifleman, is valid. Warhammer is like a mini Mauler but I cant remember if it gets any quirks to benefit the AC10 much.

That heck pony helmet is fuckin rad.

Onion Knight for being a 75 t atlas.

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=156&l=2d06fdd8d4be93a359183d5edf835029cab275ab

armour values a fucked. fully survival treed onion has 131 total ct armour.

not really. whammer is good for dual shotguns, or black widow quad ac5. you can do ac 20 on it too.

no IS heavy can really take 2 ac 10's without being seriously gimped in most other ways.

Warhammer

Warhammer, Jagermech, Rifleman, in that order of usefulness.

Catapult can do dual 10s too.

All of which have to sacrifice in order to do that.

Whoever made that: I love you!

Sacrifice what? Are you troubled by the fact that you might have to take an XL or something?
That's not really a sacrifice. Or you're just looking for an opportunity to complain about Clan XLs again.

no. you either have to sacrifice firepower in supplemental weapons that sync with the ac10's.
or you have to run hot by not having any ectra DHS to go with the other weapons you have.
or you have to be squishy.

that's why it's usually better to have a single ac20 instead.

or a pair of shotguns instead.

I guess? Two tens and a couple medium lasers doesn't seem to get any hotter for me than a 20 and even more mediums, or SRMs.

AC 20 IS 14 T

X2 AC 10 IS 24 T

that's ten extra tonnes you could spend elsewhere on useful stuff.

Is this a retarded skill setup? Some guy shared his AC20+6ML brawler build on Steam and I question the viability.

>that mobility and sensors tree
What the fug

Don't listen to steambirths. They are almost worse than (G)oldmen.

All of this is fucking stupid.

Must be a Murican player

Rename: - Warhamburger.

I've looked seriously into the warhammer. Would be going C-bill variants only.

Rifleman looks like a lot of fun and its cheaper than some alternatives.

Onion knight being Orion I assume? Maybe ON1-K? Looks good too.

Thanks for the leads friends.

Now that the clan medium and light game is ded. What are my options for mechs in that catagory not using red lasers?

spurdo

yea, the oni k. is best variant for being armoured out the fucking wazoo and running the atlas brawl build. (on a 75 t) you have almost the most armour in the game, and lose ONE srm6 to the atlas but get 2 more ML's

you can always buy the normal variant of the (c)'s and build them out identically.

that's what i did with my Oni iic

Onions are reliable brawlers nowadays. Warhammers used to be really really fun but now they're too squishy.

just remember to play in a team of brawlers because pugs are chickenshit coward assault / lurmshitter / pepsigoose faggots who want to never ever get shot at ever and will never go into a push with you, or flank or focus fire or even share armour.

bump

playing brawl is masochistic suffering if you don't team drop

and with the next patch, playing brawling will be masochistic suffering even if you have a 12-man all versed and equipped for that playstyle.

because piggy won't do anything that threatens their ''income'' stream from the goldmen steering wheel shitters who cannot actually play the fucking game.

so they nerf anything that hurts the feelings of the goldmens sense of OP

Actually you can still brawl perfectly fine

As long as you play IS mechs :^):^):^):^)

Just gotta slap on them SRMs that not only do more damage than the clan version but are more accurate than the clan ones with artemis even if you don't put artemis on the IS version. :^]

the 'inacuracy' of clam srms mean you have to get like, 10 -20 metres closer, WOW, such a horrible difference!

>b-but it's balanced because the IS version weights more and clans can fit more missiles for the same tonnage
>good thing the heat is still the same and both srms have the same ghost heat limit and we also increased srm ghost heat multiplier so it's extra balanced
>t. pig

Clan SRMs still have a wider randomized spread area, which can very well half your damage potential against the desired component. Even if you are "10-20 meters closer."

wider spread means you just have to get closer, ffs. so you just get 20 m closer and then let rip in order to all hit the same component. fuck. it's not rocket science.

sml pulse laser range is enough for clan srms to all hit the one component.

Its another "clan weapons are fine" autistic rant, disregarding ultra jam cannons, missils with a wider spread than your moms legs, and "plez pepsigoosemewhenpoking" lasers-

>its ok you just have to move closer with srms
>its ok you just do less damage with the new pulse lasers
>its ok you just have to move a bit more to cover when your uacs jam
>its ok you just have to face your enemies for a while longer with your laser burn time

its ok

Atleast we will have erll with a shorter burn time and gauss ppc still works, we can still hide on the other side of the map and plink away right.
Oh wait the skill tree still gives clans less beam duration for some ungodly reason, so much for the erll buff because the IS one is getting a lower duration too.

whats the standard com-2D build? xl200 no ecm 3xSRM4?

>IS ERLL duration on mechs without -10% duration quirk: 0.99 seconds
>IS ERLL duration on mechs with -10% duration quirk: 0.825 seconds
>IS ERLL on quirked mechs will have a duration only 0.01 seconds longer than a duration reduced clan medium pulse laser

haha, whats balance again?? :^))

Honestly with all the new balance changes is it just time to go IS?

not in cw, because there you will still meet the same old man davion potatos as always

CW is fucking dead and playing it only works even remotely well if you have a group of at least 4. Playing CW solo is an exercise in pain and frustration.

>Takes forever to get into a match.
>Potatoes manage to lose before you're even on your second or third drop.
>Earn less C-Bills than I would have in quick play anyway.

Balance is nerfing the MAD IIC to have the worst agility base of all Assault mechs below 100 tons.
Just in time for the Madcat Mk II release for the good goys to spend money on. You know goddamned well that 90 ton clan battlemech with the best mounts in the game will spin like a ballerina. Fuck PGI.

Engine niggering was probably the worst change they've ever made to the game. It gave them free hands to give unlimited negative quirks to any mech the davion lurm atlas shitters get butthurt about.

>yfw agility nerfs to the worst mech class
>yfw nerfs to light damage
>tfw its all done to keep the heavies as kings of the battlefield

>IS Medium [Pulse] Laser and ERLL boats are the only laser mechs NOT completely fucked by the changes

So what's the BEST IS Medium Laser boat I can get?

4p

>IS medium pulse laser boat
Thunderbolt Top Dog. 9 energy hardpoints spread rather evenly between both torso sections.

Also the Warhammer 6D.

>yfw it's time for the thunderbolt to become gud again
>yfw it's only because everything else is so shit

I'm just better with ballistics than I am with lasers, I think.

It's easier to lead targets and time your fire than it is to hold lasers on target for what feels like forever.

>look at commando variants
>the 1B has a fuckton of crazy energy quirks
>TDK has fuckall

The pig is really bad at selling hero mechs

bump for the ages...

Scrims?

>pgi balancing

Are the starting mechs even worth it anymore?

>tfw /gerg/ will go to mechcon just to truly show that we are all old davion men playing with lore builds

What's mechcon?

It's like a mech condom

It's the largest con act about mechs on the canuck cuck side of the world.

Personally I am enjoying the longer ttk all around.

Gimping weapons and increasing hp just increases the rift between skill levels even more, since bad players are less likely to land lucky killing or disabling damage with one button press.

Meanwhile, higher skilled players who can aim consistently still molest baddies at about the same speed as before.

MWO feels more like mechwarrior than it has in years. I like it, even though I shit on skill turd and desync hard.

Killing lights is also a good thing, and I say that as an experienced light pilot. 99% of "assassin" style light pilots dont engage in team play. They use their team as decoys while they farm kdr. Blame those type of fags for getting lights consistently nerfed. To be honest, its deserved. Assassin lights are too strong in a game where you can create your own loadout.

Not to suck the pigs dick here but shaking up the meta, dumpstering turret style gameplay, and rebalancing obvious outliers is only ever a good thing for skilled players, who can make anything work.

The mosr dangerous thing to a good player is another good player....or a fucking retarded puglet in a godmech that can click the red square once and disable you.

The lower the overall power level, the less random nigger factor involved in regular gameplay.

I agree with the longer TTK thing.

Short TTK is totally against the feel of MW.

>dumpstering turret style gameplay
The patch is going to make every style of gameplay except turretwarrior unviable for clans.

I feel like they totally destroyed a lot of really good clan builds with the spl nerf. There is literally no reason to even use them now so mechs like the nova and cheetah have to use smalls or mpls.

Meanwhile the javelin is still going around fucking everyone in the ass like it was before the patch and not a single clan medium or light can touch it.

Good fucking luck taking a leg off with anything other than a ppc or gauss round because your laser burn time is too long to get a full alpha into anything.

I guess streaks really are the only alternative since clan srms are equally bad.

moving metal bump

Are archer pilots faggots or something? Every time I meet one and try to tear open his diaper, he has like 20+ fucking back armor.

This is too consistent for it to be a coincidence.

they have lrm quirks instead of generic missile quirks, so naturally only faggots run them

I distribute my Archer's armor evenly between the front and rear and run a STD so that light pilots have the hardest time possible killing me

Whispers made that a long time ago based on this
youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

You absolute monster.

Fair point.

I get where you are coming from, but why would a dedicated LRM fag run full frontal armor? He's not trading, he's not poking, and his primary concern is getting booty nibbled...so yeah, of course he's going to up his back armor.

I always roll my eyes when I dump a 40 point alpha into a puke green shitmech's ass and see his ct only turn light yellow, but I figure that these retards have died to backstab so many times that they did the only thing they thought to do...increase back armor.

>people complaining about Javs

What? I barely see any of them at T1, and when I do they are easy to kill. Shooting the legs doesnt work of course, because they are toothpicks, but they are quite tall and easy to land shots on the torso, which melts off fast.

bumping

Same. I also run a pair of flamers just so they'd hate to be in front of me.

>not running a 30/70 Front/Rear distro with flamers so that they're FORCED to be in front of you to kill you in a reasonable amount of time

If this was proper battletech, you could even have flamers shooting towards the rear.

>less likely to land lucky killing or disabling damage with one button press.

Did you just forget about the critical system?

>flamer mech forgets to turn off the gas and shuts himself down in front of your shotgun kodiak

Smart. Flamers are underappreciated, but they simply fuck stuff up.

Will be less necessary once the spl nerfs come in though.

>Match on Canyon Network
>In an LRM Catapult
>Actually manage to blow through all my ammo
>Reduced to 2 x medium lasers
>Game turns into a brawl
>Running around in a depleted LRM cat the middle of a clusterfuck
>Trying to share armor now that my usefulness is minimal
>Somehow being ignored by enemy team
>Going ham with my little green beams
>Win the match, still alive some how
>Actually managed to do about 200 damage with just the lasers

I'm guessing there, but based on how many volleys hit versus didn't land hits, I have an idea how much LRM damage I did.

Breddy fun. Always carry backup.

How much LRM ammo?

>3.4 Heat MLs tomorrow
I cannot wait.