POP UP Back Lights!!

Friendly reminder, Mazda is bringing back pop ups..... on back lights!!!
Also RX-9 coming soon thread....

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=5B3CaquuUxI
www2.mazda.co.jp/motorshow/2017/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=FacebookMazda&utm_campaign=fb00687&utm_content=http://www2.mazda.co.jp/motorshow/2017/
youtu.be/Hp-6pQ_6neo?t=1104
youtube.com/watch?v=7P1XORJqEdM
youtube.com/watch?v=BrDS3G4U8yM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Patent pic

Looks like a spoiler that moves?

Or one of them fancy air breaks, like the one on the SLS?

Side by side rx-9 back lights

Just joking but you its basically a fancy spoiler that mazda is looking to use on a "sports car"
(obviously the rx-9)

Hope so. I'd love to see a new RX model soon

how about a flip out front spoiler

Holy shit this would make parking so much easier. Why is this not a thing on modern cars.

It requires the company to actually give a shit enough about the customer to bother with

hardly a popup taillight, but it could probably be modded
>inb4 a furfag adds a tail

it's an air dam you twat

Where's the proof the rx 9 is coming you faggot

There's no proof but alot of hubbub around it. Hoping we get something good.

>Confirmed mazda has around 100 engineers working on RX project for several years
>New Rotary engine patents floating around, as well as some other wierd kind of performance engine probably based of HCCI engine
>confirmed that mazda showing updated RX vision design soon at tokyo auto show
>mazda 100 year anniversary in 2020 their obviously gonna wanna do something big for it.

Do the math motherfucker

between this and the door patent i'm fucking positive the rx9 is gonna be made

Why am I getting myself excited for this bros? The Miata RF already costs 40k, there is no way this is going to cost less than 55k, and anything out of that range is just unrealistic for me.

>The Miata RF already costs 40k

msrp for it here is $31k...

Because maybe you'll be able to buy a used one a few years after the car is released.

>rx9
>msrp 50k
>Veeky Forums can't afford it
>shitposting increases

Canada is dumb though. A Miata Club is the same price as a Mustang GT, a Miata RF is the same price as a GT Premium. It's mind blowing. I'd rather get the Abarth which is """"only"""" 35k over an ND.

more like 35 k at best

its worth it though

I own a soft top ND, shit is fucking dope. The way the car is set up is very unique. Way different that even the BRZ.

It has a soft suspension mixed in with the light weight of car gives a very different kind of driving experience. Typically hate soft suspension but it really works well on this car. Feels like a fun little roller coaster. Only reason I would change it would be if I track it.

Just took it for a canyon drive, the other day just made fall more in love with it.

Mazda is doing this shit right and Im sure the RX-9 will be a great car

The top trim Abarth is slower than the base ND which cost only 25k. You also get the superior NA engine

>wanting turbo on a roadster

your fucking up senpai roadsters are better in a Naturally aspirated set up

Nah cunt. Nissan literally call it an autospoiler
I know cause i owned a hr31 coupe

I'd much rather the RX-9 is just a modified ND chassis with a bit more width/length/strength and a hardtop, rather than a bespoke chassis supercar killer. I want a more powerful, upmarket BRZ, not a Mazda Corvette.

>The top trim Abarth is slower than the base ND which cost only 25k.

>your fucking up senpai roadsters are better in a Naturally aspirated set up

>it's fun cause it's slow

>automatic only with DCT
Hyped af.

That's a spoiler you nincompoop

>implying Mazda would do this
Mazda is the last marque who would do this, besides maybe Lotus and Ford

Bunch of hard numbers out their proving that

0-60 times

Club miata does 0-60 in 5.8 seen some have gotten as low as 5.7

base is around 5.9

base fiata is around 6.5 sec

abarth fiata is around 6.3, seen some around 6.2

Fiatas weigh more than miatas as well then you factor in having to deal with turbo lag on a light weight 2300 lbs car

Choice is easy, for the record I seriously considered a fiata but was easily won over when I test drove the ND

It's a pop up spoiler that somewhat covers the rear lights. It isn't exactly a true pop up light

Anyone see this commercial where people are driving mystery cars, like a Honda, Mazda, couple other shits like that comparing and the test drivers start ranting and raving about one car in particular, and at the end of the commercial they're standing in front of the car and the only thing they disguised on the car is the front badge with more or less a post-it note and the test drivers are like holy fuck no way I didn't know this was a Mazda even though they've had similar grill design for years?
Irks the shit out of me, you can tell exactly which car is which even with the badge covered

are you sure you didn't just make that up user

I've found that I can do this with the vast majority of cars regardless of year. I don't need to see any sort of emblem or badge; the shape of the body and important features like headlights, taillights, and the grill tell me all I need to know.

I think most turbo-normies have car autism and can't really tell them apart.

99% of people dont know anything about cars. All they know is that a sedan has engine area in front, passenger area in the center, and trunk in the rear.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=5B3CaquuUxI
Premium, bruh

gimme dat booty

GOOD LUCK MISS RX-VISION

Good
Luck
Miss
RX-Vision

GOOD LUCK MISS RX-VISION
this will be the first ever car I buy new, student loans be damned

no its a gurney flap

Good luck miss RX-Vision

GOOD LUCK MISS RX-VISION

NICE TITS

Pretty sure that's a GM ad

I'm sure someone here will buy it.

>New Rotary engine
This is the part I'm most excited for.

Good luck, Miss RX Vision

Good luck miss rx-vision

Fun fact: Mk 4 Poopras have this feature. A lot of people - including fanboys - don’t even know about this.

GOOD LUCK MISS RX VISION

Glhf ms. Rx vision

GOOD LUCK MISS RX-VISION

Some of us, and again I say some, do make a decent amount of money to afford some of the nicer things in life. And if they can't afford it now, there will always be the used market.

GOOD LUCK MISS RX-VISION

GOOD LUCK MISS RX-VISION

what porpoise does this serve?

RX-Vision

helps the dyno queen get on and off the trailer

gotto ruck

>deal with it

GOOD LUCK MISS RX-VISION

If this car does have a rotary and if it is a good rotary, LSswapperfags will shit themselves to death.

>good rotary

Good luck miss RX-Vision

front air dams (this is not a functional splitter) on road cars aren't so much for downfirce as for reducing front lift. Also, they help manage airflow under the car, which on a road car is lumpy and causes drag (look at things like Camrys and the Chevy Volt as examples).

net result is a very very slight improvement in front end grip at 80kph+ and an actually noticeable improvement (0.2-0.3, maybe 0.4 L/100km) in fuel economy.

lol, that too. It's good at everything, really. Apart from maintainence, if you smack it you probably fuck a gear or something in the mechanism.

Also, note than in most modern cars this part is made from softer, deformable plastic/rubber, usually paintd matte gray to cover up any scratches, scrapes or other discoloration.

They'll still just LS swap it

>LSswapperfags will shit themselves to death.
Nah, the thing about people who want to LS swap something is that they want good NA torque and power from a light package, which an LS provides. They don't give a half a fuck if what they're replacing is actually good.

Source: I am an LS swapped car owner.

Good luck miss RX-Vision

Don't doubt there will be a DCT version but this IS Mazda we're talking about, I'm 98% positive a 6 speed manual or something will be available

GOOD LUCK MISS RX-VISION

GOOD LUCK MISS RX-VISION

GOOD LUCK MISS RX-VISION

but let's post more obsessed content and bait threads ok

Mods = fags

It's true, it's true.

It will be electric you morans

G O O D
L U C K
M I S S
R X - V I S I O N-CHAN

GOOD LUCK MISS RX-VISION

SUCK MY TINY SHRIVELED DICK YOU PATHETIC FAGGOT JANITOR

If its 50k and the car looks like that im fucking sure it will sell a ton.

Id say double that money.

GOOD LUCK MISS RX-VISION

So did the 3000GT, at least those with the active aero feature. Had no idea about the Supra. Guess it was a hit feature for most jap cars back then.

>Mustang is exactly what I need in terms of affordability, practicality, and performance
>having a Mazda RX-9 would be less ideal but would give me weeb cred
I hope it's good so I can have something to put embarassing stickers on

www2.mazda.co.jp/motorshow/2017/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=FacebookMazda&utm_campaign=fb00687&utm_content=http://www2.mazda.co.jp/motorshow/2017/

what did she mean by this?

welp looks like ive been vindicated

Soon we will see it in all its glory, seems like mazda is getting farther than what most people thought bet they already have an engine for it....

i was looking for this
thank you

youtu.be/Hp-6pQ_6neo?t=1104

Why post this? It's cringey and has shitty music.

That looks like it has 4 doors. Probably the new 6 rather than the RX-9.

youtube.com/watch?v=7P1XORJqEdM

youtube.com/watch?v=BrDS3G4U8yM