/twg/ - Total War General

We wuz emperahz Edition

New Race Pack for TWWH1, New DLC for Rome 2 and other stuff:
totalwar.com/blog/what-the-teams-are-working-on-07-06-17/

Total War Warhammer 2 E3 Developer Interview - FREE FOR ALL, Magic, Campaign, Fortress Gate Battles:
youtube.com/watch?v=3sgjUxVPtY4

Total War Warhammer 2 E3 Developer Interview - Dragons, New Units, Geomantic Web, DLC Plans:
youtube.com/watch?v=t48El9jBvr0

Mazdamundi's Skill Tree/Misc Gameplay: youtube.com/watch?v=sQkUBoGptGI

Articles on Warhammer 2:
polygon.com/2017/6/2/15724926/total-war-warhammer-2-e3-preview-hands-on
venturebeat.com/2017/06/02/segas-creative-asssembly-unveils-a-massive-new-world-for-total-war-warhammer-ii/
eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-02-everything-weve-learnt-about-total-war-warhammer-2

Lizardmen In-Engine Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=g3CmxjTFv_Y

Lizardmen and High Elf Roster Reveal:
youtube.com/watch?v=HVyRy3OUtKg
Text version:
totalwar.com/blog/lizardmen-army-roster/

High Elf Roster Reveal:
youtube.com/watch?v=BKMR08CpxCU
Text version:
totalwar.com/blog/high-elf-army-roster/

>Warhammer II
store.steampowered.com/app/594570/

Total War: WARHAMMER 2 – Announcement Cinematic Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=fXxe897bW-A

Total War: WARHAMMER 2 – Vision Dev Diary:
youtube.com/watch?v=v6WW1Nc537g

>DEAD Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

Campaign-posting and screenshot-sharing encouraged

Old Thread:

First for Elves being fucking gay

I AM _______ AND ________

Serf and peasant.

With all of the Norsca hype I went and grabbed as many Northmen leader characters as I could and threw them on to a sheet

Now watch as none of them make it into the race pack

Based and Master Race

>I'm sure many people do. Especially the sieges.
There's a couple siege maps I do like playing, the square corner one when sieging Dorfs/Greenies is good fun, as there's good room inside the walls for mauneoauvres. However the shallow interior maps for human settlements are really rrrrrrrrough.

TO THE COLONIES?

>progressive

I am getting real fucking tired of these viking cunts

handsome and my boyfriend

BEYOND YOUR COMPREHENSION

It's time for you to set up an expedition to raze their shit

Dwarfs that are riddled with arrows are best dwarfs. What a horrid faction.

can't spare an army right now, everyone is needed to fend off the huns, and I'm at the limit

The only thing wrong with that stack is no gorebull, otherwise that's playing beastmen as intended

Gorebull is such a weedy git. Where's my 20 foot tall Doombull?

Love Eternal!

Never Ever

t. Skarsnik

Probably some FreeLC during TWWH2 or TWWH3. Same with the Brass Bull and Ghorgons.

>Gee Egil, two flame axes?

what is this

t.anything meme??

>all those fucking dogs

>t. newfriend

>(Loud grumbling)

A SQUAD OF IRONDRAKE TROLLHAMMER TORPEDOES BURSTS THROUGH YOUR GATES AND SLAPS YOUR VAMPIRE WAIFUS ASS AND SAYS: KHAZUKAN KAZAKIT HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA LANKLET.

>wat do

there are a few key cities that you need to fortify as the WRE to avoid keeping armies there, its the entire eastern border and that one south-eastern port-city on the british isles, as long as you build the garrison buildings and improve the main settlement tier you should have a sufficient garrison there to defeat any attacking army, its entirely possible to have walls on the entire border before Attila takes over

Release starving, cowardly man-rats and frail, cowardly mushrooms at them

State of the Empire as of the Summer of 412AD

The Vikings keep coming to Britain via sea, and with no navy they keep landing and getting destroyed by Sextus Perennis, who has held Britain all by himself for a while now.

The Huns are the main threat in the east, and unfortunately every time I fight them their armies end up getting destroyed, which means they get brand new ones with high-tier units, instead of running off and recruiting a bunch of shit-tier germanic mercs. To combat the Huns, the provinces of Pannonia, Dalmatia, and Raetia et Noricum have all had garrison buildings put in place, as well as garrison armies to defend them. I've also got a couple of spies to try and track new hordes as they pour in from the steppes. Maxima Sequanorum is my main military recruitment province, although I haven't really made use of it for my armies yet, since I can't afford to pull them away from the limes in the east.

I'm back to making around 6k/turn, and have been spending it on building public order buildings throughout the empire so that I can pull the 3 legions down south in spain/africa up north to fight on the front lines. Right now they are needed down south to patrol provinces and put down any rebellions that spawn.

So far the only territory I have lost from the starting provinces is Sirmium, which proved to be indefensible, as the rivers surrounding it made it impossible for armies from Sopianae to reinforce it.

This is where I end it now. Can't play too much at night or I risk having dreams about scout equites and hunnic large onagers

GRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDGE

occupy karak-eight-trees

>not using tree-furher

>playing as a tree
its incredibly boring to play as the tree people, elven units are more fun

SLAMBO is the only true dual axe artist.

It looks like someone's set to become Shananshah of both Iran and Aniran. Should be an epic conflict up ahead, user.

>Gee Egil, why does your chaos god lets you have TWO flame axes?
>BECAUSE I HAVE SEE BEYOND THE SHROUD OF THIS DECREPIT REALITY TO THE WARP AND THE NEVER ENDING MADNESS OF EXISTENCE AS A TABLE TOP TOY

no wonder khorne is always pissed off

Boy I will be pissed if its fucking china

>tfw Egil Styrbjorn is just how you call Slambo for the 12 year old market

I want to hug a Saurus Warrior!

This is not the age of peace I was promised!

So I finally gave Warhammer TW a shot with the recent crack, and this game feels like real time Heroes of Might and Magic. The strategy layer has been reduced, and doubly so for certain factions who have no business forming alliances. The overworld map looked great from what I could tell, I played as the Von Carstein's and the detail on Sylvania was awesome with the two skulls etched into a mountain sculpture. All the equipment and spells, really makes this game feel less like a Total War game and more like a Heroes of Might and Magic. It's a bit of a shame that not more is done with the campaign map because it looks so good.

Are there plans to include a narrative in the sequels, or having the game set in a certain time period with events taking place on the campaign map? Such as the crusades in Medieval or the Huns invading in Atilla?

>Dwarfs on one side.

You're WElfs, right? Well, it's obvious who to side with.

What is TW Warhammer 2 about? Elves wants to purge each other in fantasy south america and Slanns are going full NORMIES OUT on them?

what difficulty is this?

>Are there plans to include a narrative in the sequels, or having the game set in a certain time period with events taking place on the campaign map?

CA has stated that TWW2 is more narrative focused than 1, so yes, sort of.

Some big old magic Vortex is doing something and all the races want to use/stop it for their own ends.

who is this ruski qt3.14?

Auto resolve or lose
Nobody can beat that except 20 demis

drown them in bodies user

to expand on this the campaign of wh2 is focused on this vortex all the factions are fighting for control of, and more importantly you can 'lose' without being wiped out on thw world map due to that.

the mini campaigns are more narrative driven, try those out foir now user, you unlock Boris toddbringer(in multi and skirmish by beating the beastmen mini camp, and the red duke for mousillon(for multi and skirmish) by beating wood elf mini camp

suprising that this games been cracked though now. I thought everyone who actually wanted it bought it when it was 12 dollars for a month

I always pick the side with Fay Enchantress.

Are the Wood Elves fixed yet? It's been a while but wasn't there a issue with them having followers not unlocking or somthing?

its not that the followers don't unlock, they simply never made any. Yes, CA is that fucking lazy. I'd be pretty butthurt if the race wasn't so fun to play

So this is how it works. They have a pump on their dick and that provides the "fuel" for irondrake weapons.

Makes sense that dawi cum is molten metal

>AND SLAPS YOUR VAMPIRE WAIFUS ASS

How did they reach it?

they look like silver knights neat

what about skirmisher spam?

one manlet let another one stand on his shoulders I guess

>Playing SFO as empire
>Didn't pay attention to Badlands Bowl
>Greenskins captured the South and holocausted the dwarfs
>Just as the Chaos pain train gets going Grimgor, Azhag, and Wurzag show up each with ~6 giants/arachnorocks and a WAAAGH trailing after them
gg no re

OOH, Ok I see, I see. That's really damn lame. I guess I don't need to worry about waiting on a fix then.

>Playing legendary Saga FotS campaign.
>lose
>huh that seemed kinda of short
>finish objectives anyways
>realize i had it on short campaign but was playing for a long campaign.
>would have easily won the long campaign .

god damn it. I'll claim victory even if technically it wasn't. I had lost my first attempt and restarted and i guess i fucked up the victory conditions.

I make fun of his size and watch his morale crumble as he runs home to write in his book about "needlessly tall bullies".

>when the vein of gromril turns out to have heavy warpstone impurities.

>they will witheld any info on the skaven until september in order to create hype for the release.

Lads I think I might buy Rome 2 and Empire during the upcoming Steam sale, for completion's sake sort of

hold me back

If you've played napoleon and atilla I wouldn't bother

haha that's a nice dang old kitty

Empire can sort of fun modded. Liking the time period helps. It's like a 7 or 6 out of 10.

Don't get what anyone sees in Rome 2 though.

Rome 2 and Empire are the only ones I haven't played

I sort of feel like I should have played all of them you know
And there's the mods that try to make them less bad

What endgame units are you getting 10 turns in?

>hold me back

Why? Just get them.

I'm the sheriff in this here town

People just really like Rome (the place not the game) I guess

Radeon is hard to find cause of cryptomining tho

>he bought AMD

Keep an eye on those Nids

What is his endgame ?

>Still making DLC for Rome 2.

People still play that piece of shit? Why not Attila?

>Don't get what anyone sees in Rome 2

Like Empire, it's all about the time period. Although I cringe every time I remember that they removed the fucking family tree, in a game where you can choose to play as three of Rome's most important FAMILIES.

More people play Rome 2 and more people own Rome 2.

to become a living meme

He's working his way up the echelons of the CA hierarchy.

People think it was Darren responsible for all of those leaks, and maybe it was (because he admitted to some of them), but we haven't seen anything yet compared to what will happen when he becomes head of the community manager team.

I like the culture options and time period better for one. I don't have interest in playing or playing against 379 different horsefucker factions. While I do like the normal/ap damage break downs more in Attila, ever since I found out about "CTRL-M" last week I have little interest in playing.

Wulfrik is basically guaranteed at this point

It could be for Attila, though I think the reason people are saying it's Rome 2 is because the guy in the concept art looks like Arminius, which would set closer to Rome 2's period. Personally I'm hoping the "large" campaign pack means it'll be something like Imperator Augustus which will include some of the improvements they made in Attila.

Dual Zweihander Greatswords (unarmored) when?

Ctrl M?

More interested in the time period, just for starters. More variety in factions you can meet and fight. More fleshed out mods. I'll move to attila when the mods for it are finally out.

Same for empire over napoleon. I don't choose what TW to play at the moment based on gameplay (except M2, fuck M2, can't touch it anymore)

Attila doesn't have Ardiaei

>I'll move to attila when the mods for it are finally out

Which mods in particular are you waiting for

I'll never be convinced out of the idea that the guy is Brennus and we're getting a Rise of Rome campaign pack, complete with playable Etruscans in the main campaign.

People think it's for R2 because the DLC is for "one of our older historical titles" instead of just "Attila" it's something they've been wanting to do "for a while now" and if you remember there was another R2 DLC rumored forever ago

Because they have bad taste
>MUH ROME
A lot of people bought that thing for the marketing

>Cherusci symbol on his shield
>Romanesque lorica hamata
>Winged helmet just like the statues and paintings

user, I...

Impregnate Grace and Joey.