Fighting Games General /fgg/

pastebin.com/rPVC94ez

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/theSirToasty/status/876612138495860737
dustloop.com/wiki/index.php/GGXRD-R/Ramlethal_Valentine#Deploy_Giant_Sword
siliconera.com/2017/06/19/capcom-bandai-namco-enter-cross-licensing-agreement-online-matching/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
capcom.co.jp/ir/english/news/html/e170619.html
youtube.com/watch?v=dvueAe4WQU8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

We must help him

Friendly reminder that if the your game doesn't have keepaway characters, it's not a game worth playing.

GOOBERBROS, MAKE HIM DELETE IT

Anyone who's been exposed to more technical, more dynamic fighting games will quickly pass on tekken. Other top fighters, namely Street Fighter, KoF and MK/Injustice have advanced impressively in their latest installments; but the relic that is tekken just can't seem to evolve, furthermore many combos can be done simply by hitting 1-button, and the nearly "instant-kill" rage art moves are just laughably broken. Instead of a supplying a proper fighting engine, matches in T7 seem to rely heavily on "who can get their rage move off first". So many elements of the gameplay don't even require any sort of skill. In my book, slow motion over and over again also gets old very quickly. And in the end, it's more of a novelty or gimmick rather than an actual, thought-out fighting game mechanic. But hey, the casual crowd will be pleased!

If you want something a little more "button-masher-friendly," tekken might be your cup of tea.... Key word, might.

I really wish falseflagging posts like this were banworthy. They're a million times more annoying than the actual shitposts they're falseflagging.

Reminder that Jam players are the Juri players of Guilty Gear

>DBFZ demo already has 20+ seconds of load time from stage select to intros
loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Rev up that UE4 and get ready for another 8 frames of lag rushdown shitshow fighter

It didn't used to be this way. Jam used to be good.

Fuck.

Japanese devs really need to drop UE4 and rather make games with their own engines.

B-but it's a DEMO!

Jam is only one i can play decently until Anji comes back.

Didn't they say that the game's development is only 20% complete? There is plenty of time to optimize the game, if true.

anyone t7 pc eu?

>arcsys
>optimizing anything

lmao, no one plays their kusoges for a reason

>t7
No thanks

>be sissy faggot who gets triggered by literally everything
>on Veeky Forums
>insist anything but YOU should be banworthy

STOP ENJOYING MVCI IT'S NOT FUCKING FAIR

Add me for injustice? Both ps4 and xboner, name is the same on both.

Why is my Millia so shit after 300 hours of playing her?

and what exactly is your name..
and region while youre at it

Play it.

Just playing is not good enough, you need to analyze why you're losing and figure out how to fix that.

iv'e been casually mashing in tekken for years but never noticed the nuetral guard mechanic

because you're retarded and bad at fighting games. you'd think that would be obvious by now lol

You might wanna state your region user

Try playing with both hands

Persona 5 Arena when?

>judging a game's performance this early in development
a lot of games run like absolute dogshit all through development and then right before release the devs optimize it. this is just the process.

i already told him you fucking asshole

What type of characters do you think we aren't seeing enough of in fighting games?

I main best boy.

Trying to learn Tekken 7 is the most aggravating experience i've had with a fighter.

Every other fighter i've played has internal consistancy that makes sense and can be intuitively understood. You can understand how Ky's pressure works once you've seen him do it once or twice, same with Sol's, same with Ryus hell even same with Balrog all things considered (its BS but still clear)

In Tekken 7 I struggle to figure out what my opponents doing and how to counter it.

Some launchers are -17, some are perfectly safe, some can even be combo'd into and are still safe. You can see someone fly up into the air after you block an attack looking super vulnerable, then they smack you on the way down or they are just super + on that move and can land safely.

You see someone jump up into the air, universal fighting game sign of an overhead/+ frame move. Actually no it was a sweep that combos into 50% HP. Oh he's trying to throw me, do i need to tech with 1, 2 or 1+2 oh i guess im dead nevermind. Oh he did a slow sweep i should be able to punish that ez oh nevermind he cancelled it into another launcher and now im dead.

And of course im bad and i need to l2p etc blah blah blah. But this game gives me nothing to help me do this, the animations are unclear, theres resources to understand the mechanics and so on and so on. I just have to put my face to a blender for a month until i understand every single gimmick in the game, then i might finally be able to beat shitters consistantly.

I kuuga posted Veeky Forums is just shit.

whats up with all this offtopic posting guys

You are too slow

Console release of UNIST soon.

what in the fuck...I just saw the smash bayonetta entrance

twitter.com/theSirToasty/status/876612138495860737

4 bar connection my ass, the guy had a BR name. No way in hell he was North America so I had no expectations during the first round and lost 2-3 to a Rage Art.

can someone post that 'filipinos are the most powerful race in the world' image

what about ram? first time i played against a good ramlethal i didnt know what the FUCK was going on, and it didnt change aftter the set

i get what youre saying tho, figuring out what tekken characters do is a lot harder than figuring out what characters in other games do. can't count the number of times i saw josie go for what looked like a slow ass sweep which i tried to punish on block but she just continued her string afterwards and i got counterhit

just gotta play a lot and try to find people to play sets with, its hard to get a grip on characters in ranked

Characters who have normals and space control tools that aren't complete fucking garbage.

H-hes big!

That hurt to watch. I just got a raw serving of second hand embarrassment.

>That book drop

Ram is not that bad for me. Her detached sword only have one move each

Good Zato is the toughest to figure out. I'm watching all these shadow shit on the ground and have no idea what they will do.

Some of them are funny desu

Lighten up

jesus fucking christ

>name in pic
>T for teen

Gee i wonder.

Yes, they were funny about 6 months ago.
After spamming them every single day you kind of killed the joke.

The rest of you guys can go fuck yourself, this is great.

And he has parries! I think he's basically Geese with swirly hair.

I watched it because I was "lightened up" an it was awful. No.

It was incredibly gay.
Like a little too much. He wasn't pretending, or just having fun. He was legitimately just being a huge faggot.

Tekken is a lot of bullshit and why I can't really put time into it like I did the first week or take it seriously as a game. The animations and tells are inexcusable in 2017, so much legacy jank that you cannot do anything about until you autistically learn the character or frame data for months to years and even then you'll be average. What is and isn't a low, middle, or high is one of the most convoluted things I've ever seen in a game. The input latency and movement are really rough and while the lows might be "reactable" with how much input latency there is combined with online, they might as well not be. Playing Tekken will have a deleterious effect on your 2D fighting games unless you constantly fight the bad habits the game teaches of not blocking sometimes or default to stand guard.

Either you love or hate Tekken, I've mostly made my peace with it and won't be playing it much anymore aside from taking breaks. I can't take that game seriously or as a main game but I think I've found a few characters I somewhat enjoy playing or learning.

>Hating homosexuality

the 80's called, they want you to come home to the grave.

upvoted

now that i main tekken this post is hilarious as fuck to me

and now you know why tekken is no more than a casual mashing game for most people. the game is filled with awful design straight from the 90s and harada refuses to change things up as well as the long time fans who would REEEEE very hard if they had to relearn tekken again.

in soul calibur you can clearly tell animations apart and there are no bullshit strings you have to memorize
in virtua fighter you can clearly tell animations apart and there are no bullshit strings you have to memorize

tekken is the fucking worst of the big 3d fighters but unfortunately it's the one we're stuck with

Swords have two moves, a 6 and a 2, but when I played Ram I would tend to use one of 2H more than 6H.
dustloop.com/wiki/index.php/GGXRD-R/Ramlethal_Valentine#Deploy_Giant_Sword

Agreed about Eddie though, haven't played many of them but if you get put in the blender it's bad news. He's not that bad if you can avoid that by taking out the puddle and little Eddie.

The balls on this man.

Am I being trolled? Poorly made up joke about AIDS?
What is this?

Christ, just stick to basic insults you fucking suck at this.

go be regressive somewhere else.

I think he was just saying the 80s are dead.

am I missing something or is smash just super boring to watch? how do people boar this every tournament?

>how do people boar this every tournament?
autism.

Its interesting when Jigglypuff isn't on screen.

Shitters need to stick to their anime and get the fuck away from my footsies and whiff punishing main game NOW

Ironic to say this when this general was just boaring SFV a few hours ago

siliconera.com/2017/06/19/capcom-bandai-namco-enter-cross-licensing-agreement-online-matching/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

capcom.co.jp/ir/english/news/html/e170619.html

Maybe my English is lacking but does this press release mean ANYTHING or is it literally just a bunch of empty business buzzwords?

youtube.com/watch?v=dvueAe4WQU8

I'm trying to do the first combo in this video with Alisa

What the fuck is IWS?

I can't even input it

What am I doing wrong

you're not missing anything. it's a retarded game to watch and play at a """"competitive"""" level. The format is autistic and the game is for literal babies.

>but muh execution
>what do you mean it's not fighting game, you fight in it???

I thought he was making a fag joke about about a bunch of them contracting a fatal disease during that time.

the latter. it's basically just saying "capcom and bamco have made a deal about online infrastructure technology" and nothing else

Why haven't you all added me yet? I want to get my warmup matches in here before i go out.

Help anyone?

Instant While Standing

down, down-forward, then whatever button

It sounds like it's worded to be intentionally vague about what they want to say about their internal stuff.

But my guess is that it means they're sharing their online matchmaking techniques.

>tfw I live in the same city as CaptainZack

What would your entrance be at CEO?

Walk to the stage normally with my character's theme playing

I know you are meming but I actually love the footsies/whiff punishing of T7

Its why im sticking with it despite it being as transparent as a drum of tar. When its neutral/poking i like the game, but when the pressure is on and the memes come out its exceptionally hard to know what to do.

An easy example of this i can give is with my own character draganov. I can do b 4,2,1, this chain is +1 on block and comes out reasonably fast. When I first had this done to me it felt overpowered as hell, how do you counter it, is it side stepping? No i seem to get clipped trying to dodge, is there a gap i can jab through? Etc etc, the answer is actually to crouch after the second hit and have them whiff the third. How is anyone supposed to intuitively figure out that a mid mid chain follows into a high that essentially must be ducked? Dragonov isnt even close to the worst example of this, but every character has multiple situations that you just kinda have to figure out by trial and error over and over until you get lucky and find the one answer. This is a game that launched with 31 characters that each have 90+ moves, clarity is mandatory and the designers totally failed at this.

>tfw you live in the same state as captainzack

Why would you have /v/ as your entrance?

For example, companies could license GGPO to use its technology in their games. Or they could license a game engine.

In this case they're licensing each other's matchmaking code. That's what I take out of it.

it's really not. it could be anything from how capcom gathers data on its players to how they implemented replays, etc. it's completely vague.

Is Skullgirls worth buying just for the waifus?

I think the game could be a lot more palatable if it had some type of beginner or limited character mode where you knew you were only going to be playing against like 12 characters instead of the massive roster. You don't learn much from fighting someone one time and then maybe never again in online. It's not worth learning the match because you don't know when you'll actually use it, get to play it again, or practice it with someone good at the character. You have to either streamboar some Tekken like a fulltime job, learn all 36 characters, or hope you can pick it up as you go. I've beaten people in online using characters I've never seen before but I still got hit by shit I could tell was gimmicky first time only attacks with massive damage. Bob is a prime example of this.

yes

im not meming at all dude

Do not support Mike Z.

Absolutely not.
They love to brag its all hand draw but it doesn't mean anything cause it all looks like shit and blends right into the their ugly hand drawn backgrounds.

Being launched through the air by a catapult so I can spin and then land in the ring just like Cammy.

...instantly breaking my ankles/legs and causing me to be DQ'd as I am rushed to the hospital.

Legit, I quit the game in less than 2 hours an refunded it.

It's pure shit. Sorry about the cash you wasted. Don't get meme'd in the future.
Stick to tried and true.

What game should I buy for ass sniff then? Xrd only has tits and SFV has great asses but the game itself is ass.

At my current level, I wouldn't come that far. But if I did, I would wear a red bandana and have Jazzy NYC playing.

Why would you play a game for waifus when you can just look up pictures of them on the internet?

If you play a game it's because you want the gameplay.