New SUV suggestions/ around 40k

Well boys I bought my 2003 Durango SLT brand new and it's time to get a new car. Wanted to come here for some ideas.

I have 40k cash but im willing to finance 10k to make it 50k but id rather stay within my cash only range. So far im looking at the 2017 tahoe LT and LTZ. i dont really see a difference between the two, even after looking it up it seems like only the rear suspension and wheels are upgraded. With that i also looked at some yukons which i liked but dont see spending an extra 10k for the same vehicle with simple features added. I really like the styling of the 2014ish range rovers but ive read they have high maintenance costs and reliability issues?

Im open to any suggestions for my price range within these parameters:

-3rd row seating
-leather
-4wd/awd
-decent cargo space with third row folded down
-low maintenance
-tow capacity for two sea doos

Trying to shy away from explorers and durangos but if someone can make a good case for them id be more than willing to consider. Thanks in advance boyos.

biggity bump

>blowing 40k cash in one go
finance a used GL350 bluetec for

GL350?

about to look it up.

the 40k doesnt really matter. i saved it specifically to replace my old car. i paid 30 something for the durango new and loved it.

looked it up. looking for something with little to no miles. the newer gl350's are like 60k. im also looking to not get raped in maintenance for a Mercedes.

mileage is a meme. just buy the nicest one you can find. if you're worried about maintenance buy from carmax and get the warranty. there are 15 GLs on carmax for under 35k, 5 for 29k.

You think it's coincidence that those GL's lost 75% of their value over 5 years?

it happens to all luxury cars.

Mileage is most definitely not a meme. these things are all in the 60k+ range miles wise. i honestly dont see the benefit of buying these used when for and extra 10k i can buy something newer with more luxury options with under 24k miles.

Mileage doesn't fucking matter. How it was maintained is much more important. 25k vs 55k makes no difference

>How it was maintained is much more important.

I'm sure Ling took real good care of it.

I'd normally say taho, but they made the bumper so fucking low and gay, it defeats the entire fucking purpose of a BoF SUV. Avoid Land Rover like a plague. Give a hard look at a 2015 Toyota Land cruiser. If you want to stay in budget, a 4runner is your best option.

*cough*

Really liked the 4 runners. Is there any real difference with the limited? I'm not really familiar with them, are they the only ones that come with leather? I have kids and they fucking wrecked the cloth in my wife's car but mine with the leather seats is super easy to clean, especially when they spill shit.

I hadn't even thought of the land cruisers. Thanks for the suggestion, gonna look some up.

The 4runner has almost 100 less hp and costs more. Worth it? Ehhh.

Just get a honda odyssey.

I'm surprised you mentioned explorers, but not the expedition. When you mention the durango and the tahoe, the explorer is a smaller suv. Personally, I own a pre crossover explorer and I liked it much more than the trailblazer or any of the imports. The new expeditions in person look fantastic, and they compete well with tahoes. It is a little bigger if im not mistaken and it does get a little bit worse mileage. But, it will be more roomy and tow better. It might be a tinch more pricey when you start to look at available options.

I love the explorers man. My asshole neighbor has one and i can't give him the satisfaction. pathetic excuse, I know but this is middle class life going down on my block. I hate that faggot so much I won't buy the same car.

then be the bigger man and get a minivan.

GX 460

I might think its a bit petty, but I get it. Maybe when the bronco comes back we will have another proper midsize/smaller suv from ford. I don't have the luxury of buying new anyways.

I will never own a mini van.

Checked it out. I actually like those quite a bit. The leather seems to be a higher equality than the tahoes.

>hurr durr muh image
kys.

>Is there any real difference with the limited
Look it up for yourself, it seems like everything you need within your budget

>hurr durr

>buying a honda
>buying a minivan
>buying a "crossover"
>having dignity

Pick one

look man just because you have mini van doesnt mean everyone else is cool with having one.

yeahh, be the butt of all jokes. kek

another common trope of this shitty board. Much like:
>hurr true rich ppl drive a shitbox like mine :)

audible chuckle.

>loved a 2003 durango

jesus, whats there to love about that piece of crap dodge?

it's still in great condition with 110k on it. taken it off roading here in the colorado mountains, commuting to work, and other menial daily tasks. never had one problem with it. the seats are super comfy and there are a ton in way worse condition on the road, the things last forever.

I'm only replacing it now because a recent hail storm fucked it up and i dont like driving around with massive dents in it. insurance wont fix it so its either keep it as a beater for camping or the insurance will take it and scrap it.

Get the Suburban over the Tahoe, OP.

The extra cargo space is worth it, especially if you plan on using the third row seats. In the Tahoe, the cargo space behind the third row MIGHT be the width of a standard board game.

I had an older Yukon XL. Used the third row occasionally, and was much happier having the extra space.

My boss has a Tahoe, he said it rides like shit.

my wife used to have a surburban. it's too much for what we do. the cargo space is excellent and i personally loved it but this tahoe is mainly going to be the family and recreational vehicle and is large enough.