I've always loved the EVO, but I really want my next purchase to be brand new

I've always loved the EVO, but I really want my next purchase to be brand new.

What cars would Veeky Forums recommend as a similiar alternative, both in aesthetic$ and fun?

you can still buy new 2015 evo x's for low 30s. Dealerships ordered a fuckton of extras after it was announced the evo was ending production.

Abarth 124

For real? Ive been wondering if that was a thing. Ill def look into that. Thanks bro.

I am not really a car guy, but I have a buddy that used to have a evo and I have always really liked the look and it was a blast riding with him in it.

Any other cars that that might you think might compare, or might be better?

Seems like a pretty sweet car, but im not too in to coupes, or convertibles.

Golf R or Type R Civic are comparable cars. Same kind of price ranges. There is a good chance a low mileage Evo X will retain its value much better than any other car. Mitsubishi can't afford to make a new one.

Dude, you could probably get a very slightly used or even a new 2015 model at the dealer.

If you like this car, I wouldn’t be so picky about it. It’s just a machine, what’s a few thousand miles gonna do?

I would personally get a Focus RS if i wanted a AWD turbo 4 cylinder new. The STI is still gonna be the closest to feel but i am not a fan of the boxer engine.

WRX STi, Focus RS, A45 AMG, Civic Type R (FK8).

you can get evo X's with low km's, like, 30,000 for something like 70-80% of the original price. not brand new but thats fuck all mileage

The type r was something I was really looking into, but it seems like dealers are hiking the prices up like crazy. Any chance that shit will die down?

Good point about the value life om the Evo tho.

Yeah man, I know what you are saying. Its not so much the miles though. Its more that I like the idea of being the first owner of a car Im a time in my life where im free of debt and making good money. So i have the option for the first time ever to buy a brand new car.

Im not ruling out the possibility of a used Evo though, just seeing other options.

By March 2018 Type R's will become made to order, so markup should be dead by then.

The wrx sti is top of my list right now actually. But this is based on looks and videos of it zipping around a track. Do you consider it to be a pretty good guy?

Ill check the other ones you mentioned too, thanks for the input.

Shit dude, maybe ill get one of those after all. I had heard they only made a limited amount, but if that was just an intial release then the type r may very well be a contender.

Honestly the final decision will have to be made after i get in and feel the drive, do you think it would be hard to find a dealership to test drive the type r?

There are like 6 places near me that advertise that the have Type R's available for test drive. This is Sweden so I don't know how it is in other places though.

I dont know if it would be the same in the U.S.

Ill look around once im off work but i doubt its available as it is in Sweden.

There was one lady that had to threaten legal action because the dealership decided after the papers were drawn up, that once her car arrived they wanted to hold it for like 60 days for the showroom.

She got it when it came in but they were regretting selling at msrp and tried to make it worth thier while.

>likes evos
>not really a car guy
just kys.

Wut?

I think wrx sti is a pretty cool guy, eh vapes euphorically and doesn't afraid of anything.

>le katakana is so kawaii and edgy desu ne ~~~~
this meme has to end

katakana isn't for native words

Yup yup thats what i thought too.

Ok.