Found out my ute is a writeoff

Found out my ute is a writeoff
Holden started production of the last ute today

it's a bad car day for me lads

looking to replace it with another SS holden, although leaning towards a sedan or wagon not a ute either a VY or VZ, so most likely a sedan

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/vqgk4Zs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

god damn crashing a car you love is heartbreaking
it's even worse when they write it off
knowing it will end up in a salvage yard

what the fuck. what did you crash it to?

oversteer in the wet going ~90kph and hit a dirt mound backwards still going ~70kph

panel beaters said there was no frame damage so it should pas insurance inspection, however the insurance company must have seen more damage

At least retain a minimum of practicality and get a wagon. Sedans, following coupes, are the ultimate useless bodystyle.

RIP thunderanons ute. taken before its time.
desu never been a fan of the look of the commie wagon

Vy wagons are rare as fuck and VE's are out of my price range and have common electical issues

get an old panel van then cunt.

What was it like to drive?

I’ve always been a fan of jap turbo shitboxes but I’ve increasingly started to consider getting a vy ss ute as my weekend car, they look sick as and yeah my twin turbo z would probably shit all over it performance wise but it would sound cool

Do they handle ok? Are they really 1.8 tonnes? Not many options for a 2 door manual v8 in nz

I should also say rip your ute man I hope you replace it with something you enjoy as much

2012 VE SS II here and never had a single file electrical issue. Treat them right and they'll do good by you.

Better off aiming for a VE or VF. The body is far superior.

it wasnt bad but you have to remember how easy they are to rotate, with the independent rear suspension it was alright but utes only got traction control in the VE's.... which got the better of me on that day

they just feel like a boat with a bloody big engine and you have to remember you cant take corners like you can in a proper sports car

it was intoxicating though and I will miss it

kek, you're than normie that binned it out the front of mentone grammar

Well I could sell my z for about 14k so my budget for a v8 wouldn’t be much higher than that! VE utes are well into the 30ks in nz

Yeah that’s what I was afraid of. My big gt car z sticks to the road like shit to a blackboard and I was kinda hoping the utes would be a bit lighter and handle a bit better like the big boat sedans. I once saw a ve ss going hard on the twisties down in the South Island and I had a hard time keeping up in my dc5 (mind you this is when I was new to fast driving) and commo fans always shill the handling of these things so I thought it couldn’t be that bad

It would take a lot of willpower for me to buy a commo tho, I’m from a family of staunch japfags, ever since back in the early 90s dad and his mate in their 80s v8 falcon got passed like they were stationary by a fucking Honda integra type r the message has been that big dumb v8s are for idiots and angry old men. I just want a damn manual v8 in my life for the sound and the powerband more than anything, yeah Aus spec ls1s aren’t that great but modding one would be easy.

Convince me to leave screaming turbos and good head design behind lads aside from the v8 what can commos do that no jap car can

holy shit did you see it?

yes I drove by and had a laugh

also, don't say "holy shit" ever again

He was probably there for the last thread

do it
as Isaid, yeah they have some drawbacks but they are intoxicating
the VE's and up handle like sedans, the VZ's and before are old boats

>My integra with a few simple mods.....

OP here
thats not mentone grammar thats just advertising

ascend to the goat mate

Damn vz is the latest one I can afford! Also vys to me are the best looking, I’m not really sold on the pigfat look of the ve

I wish! It was a bone stock NZDM type s with 156kw. The ss would have chopped it in a straight line

If you have the money, dealers are still selling brand new undriven VF V8 utes if thats what you want

discord.gg/vqgk4Zs

Auscord, feel free to join.

he doesnt.

this has to be west auckland r-right?

join the /gkfb/ Calais mafia

thats why I bought a VZ, thinbody utes look great to me
VY's are easier to work on as they have less electrical although I like the styling on the VZ especially the SS interiors
I have like 15k lel

I had a VT Calais with the V6, just got a brand new VF Calais with the V8 and holy shit it goes. Really a great car for the money.

buy my vt from me cunt

its a v8?

So you've given up trying to blame the non existent third party that cut you off?

I told you the label beaters would write it off but you were going on about how they are car enthusiasts and would want to save it.

I meant panel beaters not label beaters

Oh shit nevermind then, assumed it was a V6 cause a couple of my friends have VT's and they're all V6s.
Have you had many problems with yours? I had to replace some steering components, the central locking fucked up and the drivers window fell into the door, all on a car with only 125,000 KM at the time.

If I was to buy a VE SS ute would I be disappointed with the handling coming from an E36 BMW?
Obviously it won't be anywhere near the same but will I hate it if I love the bimmer?

Nah, VEs handle great for a full size sedan, and the Holden Ute (unlike the glorified ox cart Falcon Ute that handles on par with a Ranger) handles much like the sedan. You won't be disappointed with the handling.
Just remember its a full size platform more akin to a 5 Series Bimmer, so it'll feel heavier than the midsize E36.

This is coming from a BMW fanatic.

Honestly you will probably like the holden more than a comparable year model bimmer.
they are surprisingly nice cars to drive.

Go test drive one, report back when you're done.

too many to list, ur more then welcome to join the discord we dont really hang out here anymore because of the captchas and shit

Hi vicfag hows life

nah the handling on VE and newer commodores is excellent for its size, you will need coilovers and decent tyres in excess of 255/265 to get good grip though

discord.gg/vqgk4Zs

official /dat/ Veeky Forumscord

Fuck off, cancer.

What makes it look like out west?

I should really take some less doxable pics of my z for Veeky Forums but I love the look with no front plate