The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

/xcg/ XCOM 2 Character Pool:
>docs.google.com/document/d/12XvY-C-RoQZUexxauBXcCsw1jElq-g8TaCNpLgG2atM/edit

Image Library of /xcg/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

List of compatible mods for Long War 2
>drive.google.com/file/d/0B0KYKP0J-c9vcksxLXBTUkFzdE0/view

XCOM2 modlist, updated a bunch of threads ago!
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

MEGA Mod Repository, now contains all of the mods in the modlist!
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

Modlist Steam Collection - Contains 99% of the mods in the modlist:
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=756115171

Assorted improvements (Skip intros, alleviate stuttering, multi monitor support, and resolutions past 1080p):
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=616682629

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN
Piratez mod for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamer.com/xcom-2s-huge-war-of-the-chosen-expansion-detailed/
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=646244015
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Praised be the Elders.

need evac

Is Beagle going to have any excuse for not playing when WotC comes out besides muh timers? Even then there is going to be some kind of civ vi policy system and one policy is going to be true concealment, timer being paused until discovered.

His other complaints are what? Replayability? Siterip and how the chosen line up is going to shake that up.

>there is going to be some kind of civ vi policy system
Elaborate?

pcgamer.com/xcom-2s-huge-war-of-the-chosen-expansion-detailed/
>To track down and kill the Chosen you need the assistance of the three new rebel groups— Templars, Reapers and a rebellious human-alien hybrid faction called the Skirmishers. Each Chosen is being hunted by a corresponding resistance faction. You send soldiers to aid resistance activities to improve your standing with a given resistance faction, unlocking leads on the Chosen along with strategic orders and resistance soldiers for hire.
>Solomon likens orders to policies in Civ, you enact them to activate a particular effect on the strategy layer or the battlefield layer. One order reduces the Avatar Project count by one bar per turn. Another pauses the countdown timer in a stealth mission until your squad has been revealed. There are dozens of orders themed to fit their associated resistance faction. You can cosy up to multiple factions at once, but obviously it takes time and resources to do so.

I'm guessing by "per turn" they mean "per month".

And I'm fairly sure the IGN article mentions that the resistance faction that hates a particular chosen is randomly selected at the game start, which would be neat if true.

Oh shit. I remember reading about these, but for some reason I thought you wouldn't have much choice there.

Maybe you were thinking of the SITREP system, which has modifiers for battles, but you don't get to choose.

Just use the EU/EW ports monica

Whats the mod where I can wether an enemy has loot or not?

That's not a mod, that's a raw cheat.

Additional Icons: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=646244015

It looks way better than that stupid numeric health mod people keep using. THAT LONG BAR ISN'T ATTRACTIVE IN SCREENSHOTS PEOPLE

>cheaters hate the numeric health mod
Yep, everything checks out.

all mods are cheating

The loot icon can be turned off. The numeric health mod just looks ugly now that t's super stretched out

I prefer the show health values. Simplicity appeals to my inner engineer.

>Engineer
>Simplicity

This only raises suspicions.

Not everyone's a German, you know.

UXfag here. You want to have bars and numbers. The bars represent remaining/max in an intuitive way, numbers give you the direct value without having to count or pay attention.

That's why I use show health values as opposed to the numeric health display.

Thank you so much

>Love the Guerrilla aspect of the early game.
>Eventually mid way, when your reach tier 2 armor the feeling kind of fades.
>It goes from small scale resistance to decent sized Private army, kind of like Militaires Sans Frontieres.
>Eventually depart from it completely and become a countries military force and that feel good Guerrilla force is no longer there.

I get that it's just a reflection of Advent and The Resistances forces growing, but there's eventually a drop off point to where it no longer feels like the start of the game which is so fun. It kind of sucks, but it's great while it lasts.

>playing EW vanilla for the first time in a couple of years
>playing on Classic

Holy fuck am I getting BTFO, I've logged over 500 hours on X2 and completed Classic/Legend a few times but holy fuck why does this game feel so much harder? I went from having a really good start to losing my second satellite and all my soldiers getting killed in the next few missions. I've been stung by RNG a lot as well, I've frequently had 80%+ shots miss as well as being crit through full cover.

What the fuck am I doing wrong? I always hunker in half cover unless there's a good shot to take, I go for flanks whenever possible.

Are there any must-have items? Is there a better research path? I'm trying to rush satellites as well as laser weapons

Break LOS and overwatch.
There, you've just won every non-terror mission in EW.

Try _____________________________break los__________________________________

This. It's not a meme for nothing.

Kinda why I rarely actually finish campaigns of this type of games, the start small and grow in power kind, JA2, Xenonauts, Total War, Mountain Blade, etc.
I just keep restarting whenever I get too big an advantage over the enemy.

What i take from this is that, we need bigger, stronger, meaner ayys. Like a flying Sectopod.

Magnificent design

go recruit more rookies

That entire thread is filled with furries, fuck off.

absolutely degenerate and heretical

nuke them into dust

Some attachments for the Magnetic Hunter Rifle, some not all because i forgot to take a screenshot of the stock, oopsie. But the stock looks pretty much the same anyway and you wouldn't be able to tell much from this angle so whatever, and the trigger is hidden by the soldier's hand. In case you forgot these weapons are part of the Advent Scouts(tentatively leaning towards "Advent Pathfinders" now btw) mod, you might be thinking it's close to being finished, but you would be terrible, catastrophically, wrong. Other than the tier 3 weapon there's still a couple more weapons to make(those will be a surprise, hopefully people will like the idea) and none of the FX, sounds or icons are done or even started, so there's still a mountainfuckload of stuff to do.

Anyway with that the magnetic hunter rifle is pretty much done, might make a couple of adjustments here and there but that's pretty much it, so next is the plasma weapon.

That thing looks ridiculous in a good way

That thread is absolutely disgusting. What we need is more alien rulers to get rid of these /v/ scrubs.

why aren't you working for jake

make it BIGGER

Easy with scientist and remove a block of avatar

Or

Moderate with 117 intel enemies won't get armour

My gut tells me to remove the armour option but I'm new to this series so could someone advise?

Armor will hurt you more unless with that additional avatar block you will go into timer with no facility in sight

ADVENT armor can ruin your day on the harder difficulties.

Scientists are not that useful and you'd be removing a block from a facility. Unless your Avatar progress is crazy high, there's no reason to take that mission.

Just doing the base game tiers? Or will you do LW2 tiered ones as well?

No real horse in that race myself, just curious. As it is, that looks pretty damned amazing.

Avatar is nowhere near done so armour sounds like a plan, cheers fellas!

I might make it a little shorter, or i might just move the repeater a little bit back, i made sure that they aren't longer than sniper rifles but i suppose these are much thiccer

He didn't call me back after our first date, he didn't pay either.

Not for the initial release, will do for the LW2 release. Which hopefully i can put off indefinitely after the expansion breaks it.

Not to worry though, i don't plan to take a break either, now that i have free time i want to get a couple of mods done before the expansion hits, which is why i'm desperately trying to finish this one.

If he keeps going he might

Generally speaking while degrees and such are very important to an employer, real experience and work to show for it are the best resumes, I remember the guy that made OOO for TES IV ended up working for Obsidian.

That said modders are all cunts and this is the only nice thing I will say about them.

Any particular reason your stuff is XBOXHUEG? Looks neat tho

Hah, yeah, that seems reasonable to me. LW2 is going to break in a big way when the expansion hits, definitely, will be a while before it recovers, if it ever does.

And yeah, do I not remember that you wanted to do either a T1 or T2 armour mod too?

(Which I am eagerly looking forward to because your Warden gear mod is fantastic. The Wraith suit stuff is brilliant)

Just turned out that way i guess, my only rule for the size of these weapons was "shorter than snipers".

I was going to make a T2 armor mode after Warden Gear, but then i decided to finish this mod instead, not sure if i'll make a T2 armor mod next or something else, either way the next mod will involve a new armor, probably.

Two questions for the boys today.

Why does the game still run like shit after more than a year of patches? Especially in the world map, I get like 3 fps.

Secondly,

Is that nigga ever gonna update the XCG modlist? It hasnt been updated since before LW2 came out and I doubt everything there is stable with it.

In fact, is Long War 2 even worth a playthrough? This infiltration mechanic seems retarded.

worksonmypclol. At one point i got a lot of lag on the world map and it turned out it was because i had the LW alien pack and LW 2 active at the same time, after that it runs buttery smooth, for the most part. Still get frame drops here and there but nothing horrific.

That nigga is dead and/or gone.

LW2 is much better now.

>Especially in the world map, I get like 3 fps.
Poorly optimized and because of your machine

>It hasn't been updated since before LW2 came out and I doubt everything there is stable with it.
Doesn't really matter, LW2 is it's own beast, but it is pretty easy to figure out what is compatible

>Is LW2 worth it
Yes

Most trouble I've had has been with the extremely long load times. Building a new PC though, so I'll throw XCOM2 on my SSD and that should be alleviated. Will probably be able to enjoy more than 15-24 frames at more than low settings, too.

As far as LW2 goes, I really don't enjoy the infiltration mechanic. Is LW2 modular anywhere? Like, could I remove that specific thing? I just grabbed it off of the workshop while I was browsing for some cosmetics.

On maps without time limit just take 2 snipers, a shinobi scout (and some meatshields) up on a hill, set up camp, scout ahead with your shinobi and shoot at the other end of the map with your snipers.

You see thats the funny thing, as far as I know I have no mod complications or anything.

I also have a Ryzen cpu, 32 gigs of ram, and a 970, so the lag itself really makes me wonder what I managed to break

Well that's better than mine, except for the GPU since i have a 980 so i dunno.

Maybe try reinstalling completely or install new drivers? Otherwise you'll have to prey Jake fixes his game in 2 months.

will our squidfriends ever make a return

post x-com/xcom comfy

when you mod them in

fuck those assholes are annoying early game

I kinda miss them desu.

I wish adding new enemies to X2 wasn't so esoteric.
Also I'm still keeping my hopes up on someone porting EU/EW plasma guns, they look and sound so much better than the X2 ones.

What does the ballistic version look like?

Not the modder, but considering this is an advent enemy, there probably isn't a ballistic version.

Looks like we get more info tomorrow, boyos. I'm debating whether or not to keep myself in the dark til release, though.

I'm in the same boat, I'm hyped enough that I really want to learn everything but I also want to go dark

>Beat XCOM:EW a week ago
>Bought 2 last week because it was on sale
>Beat it last night
Gunna try out Long War 2 before WotC comes out.

RIP Spokesman, I really didn't see that coming at all and I nearly teared up when it happened.

Pic related was the only soldier to die on the final mission for me.

>don't want to know everything
>know I won't be able to avoid all spoilers all the way till the end of august
FUCK

So when is the best time to pursue story content? As it appears? I'm like 4 months into my campaign and I still haven't done the first blacksite, tech wise I've just finished my first EXO armour and everyone has Mag weapons and plated armour. Have I fucked up?

mag and plated is standard for me when going to the blacksite
all story missions will delay the avatar progress so you will want to time them the moment the bar fills up

>expansion pack announced
FUCK YES
>it doesn't continue the story
FUCK NO

>Mountain Blade

That game is the worst for me, I want to 'beat' it but I lose interest quickly after I become anything more than just a merc band

Hi guys. My bitch does't make any problems here?

Not sure why you expected that since that doesn't tend to be what Firaxis does, they like to expand the gameplay experience.

But there is a changed ending, so maybe expect a bit of bigger bait on the sequel hook.

user, they were literally commisioned to make it. Jake said he'd call them when he got back from E3.

They'll get early access to get a day-one patch out.

Are we gonna have to buy the new expansion if we preorded Xcom 2? Or we gonna get it for free?

expansions aren't free

Of course you're going to have to buy it, are you bloody retarded?

Hah, it certainly won't be day one user. Remember, they are actually working on their own game and have been trying to transition to spend more dev time on that.

Literally HOW do I get good at these games?
Every time half my squad dies I have no idea which exact mistakes I made so I just bullshit my way through hoping I don't do them again, I never beat those games past easy difficulty.
It's also what I do in the when not commanding missions, I just randomly build and research what I need at the moment hoping it was the right call.

Is there a guide or something that can teach me the most basic strategies and do's and don'ts?

I forgot to mention I'm talking about modern XCOM, I do hope I'll eventually play the classic games too when I become less of a casual.

Well first tell us how you play

Describe in detail the moves you took in your last failed mission

Actually the classic games are easier once you get a hold of the older controls/UI (They are way more forgiving than new xcom).

Regardless, basic xcom tips:
Half cover is no cover
Weapons research then armor
Always play as slowly as possible
Never run wildly into fog of war , especially at the end of your turn
explosives (and guaranteed damage) are your friend.
Analyze every-turn like a puzzle. Your goal is to kill all active enemies, or kill enemies and debuff the rest.

oh all the DLC was free, not expansions
i gotcha

>going for flanks
>actually shooting instead of throwing grenades at everything

Covers a shit

Flank is everything

Post Elites

I may stick with the original armor aesthetics for my first LW2 playthrough but havent decided yet

I don't really know how to describe it, every move I make is either way to agressive, making dashes for cheesy flanks which sometimes works out and sometimes doesn't, or way to defensive, basically wasting my turn because I was too afraid to do anything else.

Essentially I have no idea what to do most of the time, I see the enemies in front of me and my dudes by my side and am clueless on what would be the most effective position to take so I go for extremes because everything else seems too slow and useless.
I had this problem especially with the timers in XCOM2.
Every time I got for a middle ground between the extremes it leads to me and the ayy's taking potshots at each other and pure RNG decides who kills who.

Is sparts anarchy bashes kill or is it domething wrong on my side

I can't AC stuff without it

Given the choice between 100% Intel cost increase and a random faceless on every mission, which would you eliminate?

Intel

fuck faceless

I'm kind of feeling like it's going to be the same campaign with a few changes, it's looking more and more like the resistance lady saves the Commandy one instead of Bradford in the expac, and Jake has said there's a new intro/end cinematic

Maybe it'll be like what Off the Record was to Dead Rising 2

Either one works for me I'm still hype af

Spend intel, then prevent the faceless event.