What is your "I fucked up" story

Tried to do a peelout from a t intersection and mustang'd it into a rubber coated fence, narrowly missing a pole.

So Veeky Forums, what are your "I fucked up" stories to make me feel like I'm not the only idiot here.

Other urls found in this thread:

google.co.uk/maps/@51.3197737,-2.211714,3a,17.9y,299.26h,82.61t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sKnq293E-6LQeEOnHgBFnbA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en
youtu.be/h-raCawEuf4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>buy car
>never play with it in a controlled environment
>be stupid in public
>crash
Idiots like you give all of us Mustang drivers a bad name.

I backed my van from work into a lightpost but I only took off the mirror. The next day I took off the other mirror on a bus because some asshole roadrager intentionally blocked me in behind it.

My only real major fuck up story I have was shortly after I got my license I wasn't used to cars realitvely close (guy wasn't tailgating by anymeans really but I was spahgetti in pockets) and I got worried, and paniced and took a turn too fast, not fast like spin out and die fast or under-steer a barge into the wrong lane fast like a moron fast, but jackass fast like some asshole not showing off but just being a general yahoo and drives like that everywhere. While doing it I nearly hit a bicyclist, luckily I didn't.

From then on I stopped being retarded so it's the only one I have really.

Put my scooter into the fence when I was younger. Thought it would be a good idea to WOT down the driveway in winter and slipped NOT on snow but on grit on the ground intended to increase traction on snow.

>trying to show off for a girl on a first date
>up on a mountain road with shitty cell signal
>attempt to peel out
>CLUNK
>car doesn't go anywhere
>"user what was that?"
>try to get the car going a few times
>nothing
>blew up the fucking differential
>had to walk 3 miles in the cold to get cell service to call my brother to come save my ass
>never got a second date

That sucks OP, but seriously this . If you ever want to go hoon, make sure you know what your car can and can't do. Every time I've gotten a new vehicle, I like to take it to an empty parking lot near my house and learn how the car operates before I go hooning in it.

Same, although I go away from where I live in case someone calls the cops for me goofing around in a safe area. And then I still don't drive like an idiot anywhere there's anyone.

4 years ago i treequinoxed a r33 gtst

bad feels

dumped my bike on sand on a real sharp turn. was a novice rider at the time, and had just completed the safety course.

still have a few scars, and getting road rash and then getting a shitload of sand in it and having to clean it out is not fun.

still rode home, even though my shifter was a bit bent and my clutch cable was literally about to snap.

Wasn't on purpose but
>94 Miata
>Rainy day
>Turned left at an intersection going maybe 15 in 3rd gear, didn't know how to downshift properly at the time, also scared of oversteer
>Fucking oversteers anyways
>Car starts drifting, dejavu.jpg
>put it into 2nd and counter steer
>Saves it
>Penis becomes big penis
I don't know if that counts but I guess I fucked up the turn so

>Bought a new car and treated it like a racecar
>This didn't last very long, engine developed a severe knock
>Purchased an engine and had it shipped
>Eventually got it swapped in
>Also broke a PR this same day
>Nothing is going to stop me today
>Literally felt like I was glowing
>Really wanted to go somewhere and enjoy my shitbox
>Couldn't think of anywhere to go
>Seeing as my engine swap was finally done and I broke a PR I was going to head into work and get a coworkers number
>Heading into work I was taking it easy enjoying my car
>Monitoring gauges the entire way, wanted to make sure it was okay
>Walked into work, probably obvious I was having a great day
>Chatted up the qt, got her number
>Asked her if she wanted to do something after work
>She was excited, agreed to meet up in town when she got out
>Drove up town a few hours later and waited
>Third shift life, watched everything come to life
>Watched the clock .. 5:25, 5:30, 6:00am
>She's late as fuck, decided to call
>No answer
>Waited another 15 minutes debating on what to do
>And then it all sunk at once
>Not only was I stood up she probably didn't even give me her number
>Started my shitbox up and gave her hell heading home
>Down the same road that it started knocking on
>Sweeping corners and rowing gears in anger
>Pushing my car just as hard as I had before
>And then a wild deer appeared
>Piled on the brakes and nose dived into a ditch
>Avoided the deer somehow, no cosmetic damage done from the shallow ditch
>Left the car idling as I was walking around checking it out
>Couldn't see under the car, but not even the air dam was mangled
>Got in the car and the oil pressure light was on
>What, unsure as to how long I was even looking at the car
>Immediately shut the car off, got out and looked
>Couldn't see anything, checked oil
>Empty
>Towed it home, replaced the pan
>Added oil, started the car
>Tunk tunk tunk

Didn't even have the car running for a full 24 hours before repeating the process again.

This is my on going I fucked up moment.
>replacing wheel hub
>Oh I will just use the old hub bolts so I dont need to buy them
>break hub bolt trying to take it off
>it sheared about halfway down the bolt without moving
>thought I could still remove the hub
>after hours of pounding on it, it is still stuck
>going to try to drill it out today
also broke two ratches. a flat head, a tire iron and a 13mm socket.

Gee that sucks... Sorry user, you were too good for her.

>So Veeky Forums, what are your "I fucked up" stories

I had a son like you. I am disappoint.

I did something similar in my '91 except I didn't fuck up the shift, I just slammed the gas and the ass came swinging out, fast

miatas don't fuck around with oversteer

passed my test and 2 days later tried to park in this "space"

google.co.uk/maps/@51.3197737,-2.211714,3a,17.9y,299.26h,82.61t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sKnq293E-6LQeEOnHgBFnbA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

that merc is parked slightly over the line, when i tried to park there i thought "yes that's narrow but so is my car"

fucked up the left wing and decided to just leave and go home lmao

Fuck you dumb faggot

My brother, I’ve been trying to take a wheel hub off for weeks now. So far broke two ratchets and three sockets

>just drove gf 5 hours to the nearest major airport
>on the highway back home sad because her summer visit is now over
>be quite fatigued due to the early wakeup and poor sleep the night before
>begins to rain
>have to kinda piss
>see a rest stop with a wicked curve to enter it
>think i can powerslide my FF through it because rain
>start spinning out halfway into great powerslide
Memory stops here for a bit, you know how shit can get surreal when you're thinking you're going to wreck. I can't remember if i hit the handbrake and oversteered, or just understeered it
>come to my senses after multiple spins on snd off pavement
>fell 25ft into the ditch beside the road and expect the worst
>try to power out but it's far too steep
>walk to the pisser and have to get towed out
>wait an hour and the tow is only $12 cash because i paid for towing on my insurance
>car comes out of the shoulder high grass 100% unharmed
>continue driving home and stop an hour short of my place because I'll probably fall asleep

And I'll surely never do that again*
*near a ditch/while fatigued

Few years back.
Didn't understand why I lost it at the time...
Understand perfectly well and laugh about it now...
>Sold faithful FWD shitbox
>Bought RWD shitbox
>Drift everywhere.gif
>Was still learning to drift but DGAF, I enjoy it..
>Coming home from work late at night
>[Eurobeat intensifies]
>Excellent corner, roads empty, throw car into massive drift
>Easing up on countersteer, lift throttle...
>What the fuck.jpg
>Snap opposite
>Trying to hold it
>Hit curb going backward on rev limiter
>BANG BANG jump curb, hit stationary immovable object
>Get out
>Car obv totaled, wheels and front strut fucked, fender, door, rear quarter, pillars, all glass fucked to shit.
>Other parts too numerous to mention also fucked
>Get something to drink... Breathe.
>Look at skid marks and curb and stationary object... Whelp, there's no way out of this one, time to face the music...
>Call the fuzz, report accident and location. Call insurance to report and roommate for a ride.
>Waiting, passing motorist sees car, asks if need help / is the driver alive?
>"Umm, that'd be me, sir, and no thanks."
>"No shit? Do you need to go to the hospital user?"
>"No, I'm good, not a scratch. I'm waiting for the fuzz."
>Disco lights show up
>Tell Mr. fuzzy about the accident in ... oblique terms... but honest.
>Get a careless citation
>Go through shit with insurance, receive check for shitbox
>Show up to fight careless in court, be honest and explain responsible course of action, win.
>Buy another used rwd funbox.
>Learn drifting better, figure out why and how I fucked up
>It was 120% my fault
>Drift everywhere.gif

>Learn drifting better, figure out why and how I fucked up
why'd you fuck up?

I accidentally jumped the glamis canal in my VW sandrail

>tfw clearing a 50 foot gap with a split VW 1950

>Riding motorcycle for the second time
>approacing turn, downshift to first, keep clutch in
>get mid turn and try to accelerate out
>dump the clutch without enough throttle
Saved it, still dont know what the hell i expected

>why'd you fuck up?
The short version - classic beginner mistake. Lifted too early, too fast. Rear caught too early, while the wheels weren't straightened out. Weight transfer did the rest.
You can catch it pretty easy, but only if you're ready, and it needs some fucking throttle before it's too late.
Also, my ham-fisted countersteering (also a beginner classic) was probably partly to blame. Lots of beginners white-knuckle countersteer, rather than letting the caster do its job, feeling what's going on under the wheel, and nudging things when necessary. Electric power steering makes this much harder to learn, but it's not a fucking excuse.
Lots of the classic mustang / car show powerslide fuckup videos show a combination of these same fucking mistakes.

Turning left on my way to work from jury duty I didn't see a pedestrian trying to cross. Made my turn and didn't hit the guy, but it was really embarrassing.

>Riding motorcycle
>Panic stop with only the rear brake
>BACK ON THE ROCKS BACK ON THE ROCKS BABY
>crash and land on a bunch of rocks

Sad story and all, but since when do people replace an entire engine when they get rod knock instead of just fixing it? Last time I checked, new engines for new cars are pretty fucking expensive.

Fatique is the worst. Next time you have a long tiring journey take a sliced up lemon with you and succ that bitch, should keep you awake long enough to get home. I already experienced slight fatigue 2 times in less than a year and it's really annoying.

I JUST got done with it. Part of the axle came with it. I hat to prop it up and hammer the shaft from the outside to finally get the hub free.
I ended up just pounding on it with the back side of an axe like a crazy person (not like I could drive to go pick up an sledge).

I have up and spent 200 bucks on a cordless impact last time I had to take a hub off....it still almost didn't come off.

Is "mustanging" a thing ?

Does it mean rear drive making you fuck up a corner ?

t.autist

>Hooning on the way home from work
>pouring rain
>aggressively passing and being a fuck
>pass someone, oshi there's my left turn coming up
>half-ass "scandinavian flick"
>haha great slide
>BOOM hit the curb
>countersteer into opposite lane, fishtail a bunch of times between lanes
>come to a stop, back right tire exploded, rim is fucked

I'm glad no one else was around on the road I turned on, could have killed someone. Feels reallybadman, but the damage was minimal

You're not alone. I went out and bought the 1100ftlb Milwaukee for my brother's Buick's axle nut. Previous owner did the work himself before he bought it. Bearing didn't last but a month before howling.
>Broke an 18" 1/2" Craftsman breaker bar
>Broke a 24" SnapOn 1/2" breaker bar
>Borrowed a 1/2" impact rated for 650ftlbs and it couldn't break it free
>Borrowed a 3/4" impact but didn't have a 36mm 3/4" impact socket; broke the 3/4-1/2 adapter
>Finally said fuck it, this gives me a reason to drop ~$450 on the Milwaukee
>Milwaukee hammered at it for a good 20-30 seconds before it broke free

When I was 16 I had an hour-long drive each way to school then worked 6 days a week. One day I got home late and didn't pull the parking brake on my RSX. I was walking away from the car when I heard it rolling. I got back in and pulled the brake, but not before it rammed into the trailer hitch of the truck ahead. At least it only damaged the paint.

>Be me
>Toyo R888 on Honda S2000 in wet
I think you know what happens next

I hit a puddle of water doing about 50mph and hydroplaned. Luckily there were no cars around me otherwise I know I would’ve totaled it for sure. Somehow kept it on the road.

It has to do with the tendency of Mustang owners to have a far below average IQ and thus capacity to understand the physics of their vehicles, thus giving them a penchant for genociding crowds.

I went to a track once. It rained and I got stuck in the mud.

Fell for the owning a car meme

I bought a ten year old V10 BMW

I've never understood this either. I had a bad knock in my 944 when I got it. Replaced all lower end bearings for half a grand. Yeah, it's a pain in the ass, but it's better than being the autist that drops a new engine in when it's fucking fine.

I'm really big on fatigue management, as I transport shit professionally, but when you're doing personal shit you're more likely to make poor decisions. That's why insurance for personal use costs more than for business use.

Yeah ive been there before lol.
The guy before me had stripped them real bad, but I managed to get them out with a pipe wrench, atf+acetone, and a fuck huge cheater bar.

Exactly how I feel whenever someone mentions Mustang memes.

>Be 17 with new license
>first whip is a subaru outback
>Rains hard
>Rare for Commiefornia
>17 year old mind begins to think about "muh rally heritage"
>Proceed to start gassing it hard through the corners with a my car full of friends like the teenage hoon that I am
>Accidentally hydro a bit in a turn
>Subaru decides to subaru hard
>4 wheel drifto
>backontherocks.mp4
>Almost collide with a lamppost but manage to counter steer and save us all from being wrapped around the pole
>GF yells at me for almost killing anyone
>Still get blown later

Things sometimes have a way of working out

I went full dissociative schizo on the road and slammed into the rear end of a Honda at like 30mph, totalling my 15-year-old Korean shitbox with zero income to fix it (neet). Then I patched it up myself with $300 worth of junkyard parts, including the incorrect radiator that somehow still works better than the original. I still haven’t replaced the ac condenser. I’ve been driving it as is for 6 months.

> Be 20, 1yr of scooting
> riding a motorcycle for the 3rd time
>1st time freeway
>going to grill house for project
>drive past
>try to do u-turn on small 2 lane
>crash on gravel outside
>bear knee pain through meeting
>deal with knee pain for 3-months

2 wks ago
>riding motorcycle for 1yr
>go on new road with dad
>off camber 50mph turn galore
>take corner too fast
>see tundra
>keep looking through corner
>swear I was going to hit him
>don't crash, 3rd time I have told my self to chill on new touge's.

Veeky Forums
the post

pt 3
>doing graveyard shift
>driving 2005 f-150 company vehicle with sketchy tires
>getting hectic coming home at 4:30am
>doing 15+mph on curvy road
>go around bend
>two deer
>I brake+swerve left
>dodge deer
>never going that way at that time
>remember about the deer crossing signs later

Mine is pretty horrible.

I just pulled a 12 hour shift at work and I was coming home and there was traffic so I took a detour and went a way I don't normally. Anyway I ended up turning left but there were two lanes of traffic sitting in the oncoming lane then a turn lane and a big ass paved and curbed median and I mistook the median for the curb and the left turn lane, which was empty, for the lane I was supposed to turn into. I noticed halfway through the turn and, this is shameful to admit, I pressed on the gas when I meant to press on the brake and I went over the median. and fucked my car up big time.

Buying a Mustang.

glad to see your still mad

>implying im the only one here whos totalled a skyline
lerl

locked up engine because no oil

I had a neighbor that had that happen. Apparently it must've burned a little oil, because it didn't leak.

She never checked her fluids and idk when/if she ever got it serviced, and it just stopped running one day while she was driving.

>be me
>going to pick up some friends from th local high school
>i just graduated a year before them
>exiting the school with them in my car
>time to flex.png
>i row through the gears, hitting about 100 on the highway right by the school
>i must have fucked up one of the shifts, because 2 days later my car develops a hard knock in the engine
>find out its the rod bearing, i fucking killed a rod bearing by overrevving it
>shit.jpg
>get engine replaced

i definitely fucked that one up, but at least ive chilled out on driving like a shitdick since then

Kek

>my just detailed car comes to a stop at an intersection.
>homeless man walks up and squirts dirty water onto windshield and then streaks about half of it in a feeble attempt to clean it. Dirty mist still clings to the glass on my side.
>taps onto passenger window, gives me a big dirty gap-toothed smile and holds out his hand.
>roll window down about half of an inch and tell him to fuck off. Go too far and say, "no wonder you're homeless, you can't even fucking clean glass. We'd all be better off with you dead."

I fucked up.
>visibly upset homeless man grabs a big metal pipe from his rickety cart and smashes my windshield, then the mirror, then the passenger headlight. Homeless man briskly walks away disappearing into the city.
>file police report then call insurance company only to be told that they cover accidents with other motor vehicles, not instigated vandalism from homeless people.

>Go too far and say, "no wonder you're homeless, you can't even fucking clean glass. We'd all be better off with you dead."
>not saying that when you drive off so you can watch him get mad and not be able to do anything about it

>buy Craiglist shitter for 1.5k
>clutch goes out
>forget about sunken cost
>spend 800 for new clutch
>electric gremlins
>late to work all the time cause it won't start
Fuck that and fuck Craigslist. Payments suck but at least I don't worry about my shit not starting in the morning.

You deserved that. That's like catty highschool bitch behavior.

>Just put new tires on firebird
>Dad takes me to the shop to pick up car
>Sitting behind him at the light to leave the shop
>He turns left
>I turn left behind him
>FUCK.avi
>Car spins out, end up doing a 180
>Decide to go right in the middle of the intersection instead
>Dad laughs at me when I finally get home

It had just snowed and I was maybe a little too hard on the gas. Thankfully, no one was behind me

*you're

umad

About a year and some ago now but I still remember it.

>1am
>driving back home from gf now wife
>lives 1hr away
>raining hard but don't notice because tired as fuck
>going about 50 for a left turn onto freeway
>almost forget to turn and hard turn into left
>backontherocks.mp4
>fail drift because I can't drive
>swing rear end otherway
>swings back again
>spin
>second spin able to stop the car
>only because the curb happened to be there
>BOOM
>pop up onto curb and stop
>Rear lower control arm fucked, wheel/tire good
>unable to drive like such, terrible noises
>AAA tow truck it the hour back home
>call wife angry and tell her about my fuck up

All's well that ends well, I picked up another control arm for 20$ and installed it. Life went on. Still can't drive

>grit on the ground intended to increase traction on snow
The grit is to decrease the melting point of the snow so that it melts and there is no snow to slip on.

I didn't even slam the gas I just barely went on it and it got sideways. I drifted this thing on accident more than I did on purpose kek. Driving this thing when wet is fucking terrifying, can't imagine how snow will be

With my first motorcycle, I put it on my grandparents steep driveway in neutral on the kickstand which previous owner had replaced with one that was longer and made the bike almost sit upright when on it. Bike was facing down the steep grade.

I didn't even think about it, I was walking through the garage up the stairs into the house when I heard a crash behind me as the bike rolled forward and folded the kickstand from dragging it and fell over on its side.

It was a salvage title beat up katana 750 so nothing of value was lost. Cracked clutch over, cost me $15 for a used one on ebay. Touch up painted over the new scrapes. Cheap lesson learned. All the more reason I'm glad I bought a shitty bike for my first

youtu.be/h-raCawEuf4

>just got learners at 15.5
>leaving another high school soccer game
>mom and dad ask if i want to drive 89 manual Acura home
>say ok cause I've been doing pretty well at shifting gears
>exit of school has a downhill grade and i stall out multiple times trying to get accross intersection

It was fucking embarrassing i still think of it over a decade later, such a disappointment to my father.luckily he doesn't remember it because [spoiler]hes dead[/spoiler]

>Putting engine back in after some engine bay body work I did
>Wire my starter incorrectly
>Go to start car for first time
>Flames, flames everywhere
>0 to freak the fuck out in 0.067 seconds
Thankfully had a fire extinguisher in my garage. Had to get a new starter because the solenoid burned out