Have to get winter tires for the first time

>Have to get winter tires for the first time
>$1500
jesus christ man. How do snow niggers deal with this?

I should go back to spain
fucking leafs

By running normal tires and not giving a fuck?

What if I iceplane?

You buyin gold plated winter tires or sumshit? 1500 bucks? I'm looking at winter tires right now, Goodyear, Michelin, Bridgestone, they're all like 300 to 400 bucks a set. Are you buying them on alloy wheels included? Do you have the most snowflake tire size in the world? Are you daily driving a Lamborghini LM002?

by taking a rivet gun to a set of used tires.

Winter tires wont save you.

Tires + Rims + TPMS + labor = $1500 maple dollars

>owning a nu-car with tire sensors
You deserve every bit of shit coming your way.

Twice the price i paid for my car(including winter tires).
How cucked can you be?

These wheels are fucking 20% the cost of my car

>labor

You are a hipster

>Just bought ultra performance summer tires for my shitbox

Feels good

Skip the tpms. Or just don't buy a whole new set of "rims" and then complain that tires are too expensive. Tires are cheap, you're just faggoting away money on a second set of wheels and bothering with tpms on them. Why are you surprised that's expensive?

I thought TPMS was a legal requirement

>needing winter tires
>Needing tpms
grow up

Usually is, but its not like anyone ever checks. Just swap back to your oem wheels if you need to go in for an inspection. I wouldn't fuck with buying new sensors for a set of wheels I only run like half the year at best.

Only catch is some tire shops won't put them on your car because liability, but just have the tires mounted off your car and swap wheels yourself.

So what's your case then, "safe on my all seasons" or "floridian geriatric"?

All seasons are fine. Unless you get about 2 feet of snow a day, you don't need winter tires. Just practice driving.

>Tires
I bought Michelin Ice-X Xi3s for 160$ each
>Rims
Buy used steelies on Kijiji for 4/100$
>TPMS
I think most cars can only have 1 set of TPMS sensors programmed so why not live with the light for a season?
>Labour
Less than 100$ to get them mounted and balanced

Max you should be paying is 900$.

no hooning on snow

Just get the tires and do a changeover. Fuck getting new wheels and sensors.

I don't drive a stupid, gargantuan normiebox.

High-end snow tires for a small car shouldn't cost you more than $500

kek

Lol fuckin leafs.

just run all seasons and put some weight on your rears

or just run all seasons and not give a fuck if you're FWD.

i forgot the shitty dashcam video

Only vehicle I drive with snow tires is a zamboni. True story, I drive on ice everyday, even when it's warm out. Here's a pic of the machine I replaced a front axle on.

It seems I moved to Australia, and didn't leave myself a forwarding address.

that hit too close to home

if you get in an accident you will get fucked by insurance

you don't need tpms sensors retard
tires are $500
steelies are a couple hundred tops
you're being taken for a ride.

this

>needing all seasons for that pathetic light dusting of snow
woman detected

10yo kids view of zamboni drivers
>zomg you have the coolest job ever!
adult view of zamboni drivers
>you've failed at life

>woman detected
That was like 3 days later, more highlighting the ice on my old car which I though was cool. I'm used to driving Loveland pass early in the morning before they close when it's snowing so I can get fresh tracks at keystone.

You have your own tire mounting machine and wheel balancer? Im jelly

sure thing misses

No probs famalam

Lol have you ever tried driving on high performance summer tires on a light dusting?
Probably not since youd be dead.

>adult view of zamboni drivers
>>you've failed at life
The machine alone cost over $100K. There is far more to the job than just driving the machine. My title, Operations manager. The jobs above me, General manager and owner. The adults I meet are more impressed than the kids. Tells me your only view of the job is from the stands.

Niggers who ride on 28" rims don't buy winter tires

Don't be a retard.

Buy the smallest, and cheapest wheels that will clear your brake rotors.
Buy large sidewall General Brand winter tires that will match your outer wheel diameter.
Low profile winter tires are super expensive.
Don't use tpms, or buy them online cheap.
Find whatever Canadian equivalent of a beaners tire shop, and pay then $10 each to mount, and balance the tires.
Do the rest of the work yourself.

The place where I find winter tires actually offer the greatest advantage is that they fling snow out of the thread blocks better than all season tires do. So if you have to traverse through deep snow you'll find traction better.

They also give you better traction on dry and wet pavement when it's cold but that's barely an issue. you have to be driving like a fuckwit for that to even matter.

And if you're on sheer ice you are fucked no matter what.

1 cm of snow and had 0 grip with summer tires.

I run summer tyres with good wet grip all year round.

If you're cheap just get some Changkung tires on steelies.

Dude your tires must have crazy good grip if your zamboni can stay on the ceiling.

This. I took my rwd summer car one last time before winter for a car wash before storing it. A light dusting of snow came, I could not get the car back into the garage, that little bump, and incline was too much, and my summer tires had no traction.

I ended up getting stuck in like a light powder of snow.

Had to put the car in 1st gear, let off the clutch, the lsd was locked, and both rear wheels just set there and spun. I got out of the car with the wheels turning, pushed it sideways to turn it into the garage, and pushed it in. It got traction, and drove itself in. I somehow managed to manhandle it and get it to stall before it ran into my work bench.

Fun times. Yeah, zero traction in snow.

Also potenza re50

Summer tires with wet grip are called three season tires. Not summer tires.

Real summer tires have a warning to avoid driving in any standing water.

That's not a Zamboni

Ofcours its going to be expensive with TPMS, wheels and all.

$1520 is what I paid for just my tires and labor

You probably got some good tires - and for that I'm willing to call you smart

>putting URLs on sidewalls now
Next thing you know, they'll have Bookfacegramsnapinstatwatchat handles.

>avoid standing water
So... slicks?

Wtf do you drive a formula 1?

I've got a set of Blizzaks with ~700 miles on them in storage... In Alabama.

Never call me a leaf again. I am castillian

I live in Phoenix so we just drive with all season tires year round.

>TPMS
tire plus charged me $2. I'll even show you my bill

this, summer tires are good in water. duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumbass

>floridian geriatric

>cars never rust
>can use summer tires everywhere
>no vehicle inspections
most powerful race, etc...

>The machine alone cost over $100K. There is far more to the job than just driving the machine. My title, Operations manager. The jobs above me, General manager and owner. The adults I meet are more impressed than the kids. Tells me your only view of the job is from the stands.

Wow really makes u think.....

Lmao that sounds like it'd be hilarious to watch

>Hurr why do 14'' Civic tires cost less than 18'' truck/suv tires

You think $1500 is bad? Go look up what tires for something like a BMW M suv cost.

All-weather tires are the best where I live, because there's winter sometimes 6 months a year. All weathers are just winter tires that don't get destroyed driving them in mild hot weather.

urls on sidewalls have been a thing for years

It's why I used the lower case z. Yes, that machine is an Olympia, and the other machine I drive is an Ice Cat, we still call them zams.

I deal with it by not being poor. Or also by running all season year round.

Just buy a snowmobile.

I drove in the snow just fine with decently worn out summer tires
Heavy fwd car ftw

i got brand new snow tires for free with the car when i bought it from the previous owner

This

>look up this year's best performing winter tires
>order online
>305€ including balancing, installation and disposal of the old tires
Bought new conti's last weekend

I've literally never felt the need for snow tires or chains or studs or anything. Never had a problem in the snow with RWD cars even (all I've ever owned).

and because you live in an area that allows such driving to be possible it means that everyone who has winter tires is a complete idiot and should hand in their drivers license?

Im a fucking leaf I got barely used tires for $140 and wheels for $60. Mounted and balanced at costco for $15 each. You're a fucking retard OP

Just buy some all seasons, drive slow and brake early, and stop freaking out?