/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World revealed for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. youtube.com/watch?v=xe-RAeDfOMM
↳Information with sources: pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Extended footage: mmcafe.com/nico.html#http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm31388446
↳Blurry demo footage: youtube.com/watch?v=heqT8AUZym0

>News
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. confirmed for 8/25 in Japan, region free. youtube.com/watch?v=CvzTD_RYDXs
↳No current plans for XX localization "at this time". twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/875133030326652928
-Monster Hunter Stories is coming West this fall.

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=PB_aoErUUOs
mega.nz/#!H9FRCaCb!YnXVv4JC35646t1mrIM2utv_he8tXht6RP_pOJbRhZw
my.mixtape.moe/qvrdqj.png
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

post pics of mizu

Hi, I'm the most obnoxious monster in the game

fiteme

anyone here have experience playing an untranslated MH without being able to speak japanese? How tough is it? Obviously there's not really any story to speak of but I feel like things like armor skills and pendants will be a bit of a bitch to deal with.

Oh man, I just started a fresh save on 4U and i'd totally forgotten how fucking terrible these starter weapons are. Takes 20min to lance a guild hall G.Jaggi just because I have to sharpen my weapon every 5 hits.

Fucking Nibelsnarf

i sure am glad that nibelsnarf is going to be removed from MHW! i hate nibelsnarf!

>Tfw got to HR6 in MH4U

What does the MHXX merging kit does in the pastebin? (Under MHXX Eng. Patch)

>no MHFU port on Android
I'm bored at work and want to get angry at touch controls, this is unfair

Why didn't they port the game to us so I could try it out for two minutes and then uninstall forever

it be doesing merging gen to jap xx??

Steve a cutie

You and me both, bud
>tfw armor is clearly outdated now
Gypceros U, you've served me well

If only there were a way to run PSP games on android...

You can emulate it with PPSSPP

m.youtube.com/watch?v=PB_aoErUUOs

>Hammer TA, Not mantis
RIP Rathalos, Tigrex, Nargacuga, Rajang

i don't understand

we know

are you having a stroke?

Here, friend.
mega.nz/#!H9FRCaCb!YnXVv4JC35646t1mrIM2utv_he8tXht6RP_pOJbRhZw

si, i did a new save on MHFU a little time ago, and i'm the urgent quest for rank 5 to 6, kill 2 tigrex
any tips?

Bring back Narga, Kirin, Zinogre, and Chameleos

Ayy advertisements

I still think it should have just been a cinematic trailer.

If by obnoxious you mean walked all over by CB and HBG, then yes.

Why is that my MHXX still have items and quests names on japanese when I already installed the v3 patch? Wat do?

Wow, the new Terraria looks good.

What's the best CB in 4U?

relic

What is Gaijin Top 5?

Akantor.

Monster Hunter World!

Try monster hunter explore
Way better than playing actual monhan on touch screen

>not showing the claw break

I keell fukeng basturd

>monster hunter world
>gets a global launch date
>cross-region servers
>around the world

>monhun XX
>double crosses nintendo and switches platforms

I'd go with Cephradrome, Coral variant. Fucker can't stay still.

>cross-region servers
How is this going to work with voice chat and all the foreigners not speaking American?

Daily reminder that Rath is a top tier apex predator that has never jobbed unlike Tigrex

>esoteric frontier reference
ok

One day we'll get it.

True Ruiner Reaver (fatalis), the white fatty CB, the steve CB, and the akantor CB are the best, if I'm not mistaken.

Good CBs you can get earlier are stuff like shrouded nerscylla, base steve CB, ceadeaus regalia (this one's a bitch to get though), and maybe base daora if you really need an ice weapon

Baked in universal translated chat phrases.

Two things about MHW I don't see many people talking about.

What are opinions on the hunter slingshot?
It seems to allow you to aim items, so I would assume it will work with more then just pellets and rocks, and let you finally aim stuff like dung bombs, and tranqs, and any other thrown item.

The other is gunning, they said they are implementing new more modern controls for the bowgun. That might make it easier to use, but also less boring? Gunning has always been clunky and awful to use. I guess dedicated gunner players are probably concerned.

Did someone call me?

1. The demo shows it's useful for hitting fruits and rocks so they would drop. They also have a fire variant.
2. It removes that staticity of guns in general. Really MHW aims to make things more fluid. Considering how quickly it shoots, we'll need to wait and see how much damage it really does.

>Tfw you and your variants are the worst fights in the game
King of the skies? More like the King of fucking awful fights.

>make things more fluid
i know youre talking about gunners here, but the LS they show seems much less fluid than previous games

Slingshot only runs when?

You still have time before World comes out...

>launch MHGen
>download all DLC
>get thousands of items and 2 million worth of eggs to sell
t-t-thanks capcom

>Playing 4U
>Feel like I can't dodge for shit
Are some of these attacks even possible to dodge with the default roll?

press the dodge button when you feel it hit you

It's not 100% timing like dark rolls, some moves are slow enough to still be around when iframes are over
Just make sure you're dodging into attacks not moving with them

As a dedicated gunner player they've never gone the direction I wanted, because it would drive many players away from gunning.
I want my shots to actually count, I want to have to craft all high grade ammo, I want high grade ammo to hit harder than strong hammer attacks, and I want to actually worry about running out of ammo again. I want guns to feel like powerful, expensive, difficult to supply, big game rifles.

I was kinda hoping since this release is supposed to be more "hunter life" focused that feeling would come back, I just miss having to go gather a couple times to prep before a big hut.

However I'm also a slut for bullet hoses so a machine gun is fine too.

>Machine Gun
That's a fucking autocannon at this rate.

It's impossible to solo without G rank gear though.

Is he rocking evasion?

a. im not convinced
b. whats your point?

I've been away from the internet all weekend. Any new info on MHW?

No. But there should be more clearer stuff tomorrow.

Literally read the fucking OP nigglet.

Gunning has never really been a problem. It's still one of the best weapons in the game by far.

So how exactly does Capcom plan to sell MHW on these platforms?

my.mixtape.moe/qvrdqj.png

Only a handful of attacks can be rolled through with base frames (6f). Evasion+ adds more frames and allows more attacks to be rolled through. iirc
>Base: 6f
>Eva+1: 10f
>Eva+2: 12f
>Eva+3: 18f

Seems to me like a nice change. Makes throwing bombs a bit easier since they seem to travel faster and you don't need to worry about throwing arcs and stuff, which means a massive extension of throwing range.
Guns have always had a clunky control scheme which people learnt to deal with. Realistically no one can really complain about aiming being made easier. Being able to walk while aiming the bowguns might change things up a bit, but we can't know how much of an impact that change will have until we get our hands on the game.

Overall i'm glad the control scheme is being updated, since maybe it'll encourage more people to try playing gunner. You see plenty of people on places like reddit and even here on the odd occasion saying that they tried guns and gave up because of the controls.

There's no online so how do you get end game gear??? Village Ala is impossible and it's still nothing compared to G rank end game. You NEED online.

Why's that? Is there a stream or something?

>gunning has always been clunky and awful to use
>there are people in this thread RIGHT NOW that are crying because the clunky and awful flexing was removed.
Clunky and awful is kinda MH's thing, it's part of the appeal.

Kinda new to the series (only prior experience being FU on PSP) and I'm emulating 3rdHD currently.

Should I go for the Dragonmaiden Axe+ or Heavy Divider? I don't want to fuck myself out of a good weapon and from my experience so far with the regular Dragonmaiden the poison attribute isn't that big a deal. Thanks in advance.

I did, but every now and again people get so lazy about updating it.

read.the.fucking.pastebin.faglord

Yep. Better to trust something clear rather than speculations on a bootleg demo. I'm sure someone could post it and while it does tell of the new stuff, nothing all too clear as of yet.

only tri's online was ended. there is still online in 3u

>Only a handful of attacks can be rolled through with base frames
Not true, a lot of attacks and most roars can be rolled through without any evasion+ skills

>posting a link to an image on an imageboard

Okay, download the image and try posting it yourself then smartass

capcom actually thinks the western sales will make up for it

>opening links posted on Veeky Forums

How do you even roll through rolls? I just can't do it.

Yeah you're right. I should correct that to "most attacks are difficult to consistently roll through."
You CAN do it, but it's pretty damn difficult. I've never really managed to get the hang of roars personally, I can only pull it off 1/10th of the time. And then there are some monsters with roars that actually are longer than 6f.

roll through roars*
Should I just make a set with a bunch of Evasion+?

>most roars can be dodged with normal evasion
thats an exaggeration. evade+1 will let ypu use the word 'most'

We kinda needed an HD Monster Hunter and an open world one, but they already had people conditioned into thinking they were only doing Nintendo consoles. Not sure how this is gonna work out for them.

Ya clunk and jank are kinda MH's wheel house and part of it's charm.

But the clunk around bowguns was like a whole other level of awkward. It always felt poorly slapped together in the first MH, and then they never bothered to change it.

I was always amazed people legitimately enjoyed doing it. I mean it's hella strong and I used it in certain fights from time to time, but never as a main weapon.

>open world
Why the fuck do people keep saying this? MHW is not open world! It's still broken into different maps and has the exact same area-based structure as other MH games; the areas even have numbers still! There aren't loading screens between area zones anymore but that doesn't make it open world

The Bowgun was held back by only having one analog/circle pad since forever. Controls in early gens were just bad all around, don't know who'd idea was it to have attacks be analog based.

Go for it man
Don't minmax if you aren't at the stage where you never die and are just speedrunning

Isn't FFXV basically MH?

Highest selling MonHun in the west is 4U with ~1,19 million units

I'm currently using Steve S armor and Cheddar Blade+

>MonHun team wants to see the series on modern hardware
>Their main consumer base just wants another on the go game

I honestly feel sorry for them.

>MHW is fully voice acted
>They're going to pronounce all the monsters names
>These are going to be the official pronunciations forever

boring skills, go kill narga

>4U
>Narga

I seriously wonder how gunning will be affected by the fact that MHW is coming to PC.

Mouse + Keyboard might make a huge difference.

too soon

FUCK

>all
>implying

>We kinda needed an HD Monster Hunter
Frontier HGE, 3U, XX Switch version

>open world
You mean that exact concept that's been included in shitton of games piss poorly?

>Not sure how this is gonna work out for them
If it's going to be anything similar to Frontier, then after the initial hype crowd shreds away, you'll get a core userbase. If it doesn't sell that well, as it's been proven time and time again that MH games don't sell that well in the west, then they can just go back and say that World wasn't MH5 all along!

I never got why other HBG users used the third person aim
the first person aim feels so much more accurate when you get the hang of it