25 year import ban

Do you live in American and hate the 25 year import ban? Then sign this petition.
petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/repeal-motor-vehicle-safety-compliance-act

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q6G1X7aA7B4
youtube.com/watch?v=2Pl0MVJlscE
youtube.com/watch?v=1h-inTgYBz8
jalopnik.com/tuner-shop-busted-for-illegally-importing-an-r33-gt-r-1795298878
jalopnik.com/how-an-imported-nissan-silvia-nearly-got-a-man-20-years-1684706334
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This has failed literally every time it gets brought up. Not enough people give a shit about it.

What does America do about 15 year old R34s registered in Canada?

Time to invade Canada to give them freedom and democracy.

The only people who care about the import ban are anime watching weaboo autists who think the skyline is the fastest car. It's literally a meme car.

Ausfag here owned a gtst r33

They are everywhere even mint nizmo gtrs and shit.

Lots of Aussies love yank cars and Commodores skylines and falcons are considered normie tier

Well now we have majority in government that don't give a damn about environmental protection and safety regulations. It's there best shot we have.

Man I just want me a nugget. Some shitboxes kei car to hoon in.

But that's wrong, you fucking idiot.

What brought about the ban in the first place?

make the price rise like crazy in the nest 10 years

Basically, protectionism and lobbying.

Mercedes

why would we want a bunch of foreign made junk?

>Whitehouse.gov petition
>Doing anything
O I m laffin

100,000 people have to care enough to sign it, then it goes through the government.

>protip
There are always less than 100,000 people who care

Amerilards like to blame it on Mercedes-Benz for initiating it because grey importing their cars from Europe was cheaper than buying them in the US, but it has quite obviously benefitted Detroit far more than it could ever benefit Mercedes-Benz, which explains why Washington DC was so game for it.

I don't want a skyline though

I hope it stays. Whenever a year of cars becomes available for us import the prices skyrocket which is bad for everyone else. I want a nice price on that mint low ks 99 spec fairlady z twin turbo and I currently have 7 years to sort it

Hot damn I’ve always hated that yellow but it looks fat on a legacy

>I hope it stays.
>Whenever a year of cars becomes available for us import the prices skyrocket
You're a fucking idiot. Why do you think the price skyrockets? Jesus Christ, how do people like you not drown in the rain.

>Commodores skylines and falcons are considered normie tier

you're about 9,000 miles away from the US, how is this relevant?

He doesn't live in America. He wants the earlier access that he has to remain to keep cars cheaper for longer.

and if it goes anywhere soccer mom stacy will say

"i don't want unsafe cars on the market for my children to unwittingly buy!"
Nevermind that anyone with half a brain researches a car's safety ratings before buying it, kind of making the all-cars-must-be-safe thing uneccessary government involvement.

But motorcycles are fine though. Just put on your DOT approved™ skid lid and you'll be alright.

The import laws are only brought up by a select minority who want muh JDMtyte Skylines, and the vast majority don't even know they exist. I'm sure if enough people cared enough for it to gain traction it would get passed, 15 years is more than sufficient for import. The problem then will be the EPA's 21 year rule. So you could (potentially) import whatever, but then you'd have to bring it to compliance or wait for it to be exempt.

It's a mess.

>But motorcycles are fine though. Just put on your DOT approved™ skid lid and you'll be alright.

Here in Connecticut, helemet's aren't even necessary according to the law. so you have a bunch of idiots riding around without them.

But I actually want this, not a weebmobile.

>"i don't want unsafe cars on the market for my children to unwittingly buy!"

Thanks american left. People are too stupid to think for themselves.

>he has to wait a quarter of a century to import a car

because we want r33s/r34s and cant have em yet. theyre normie tier in ausland because theyre common. basically mustangs there. tl;dr "durr skylines overrated i see one everyday"

>100,000 people have to care enough to sign it, then it goes through the government.
it gets put in a filing cabinet somewhere. nothing happens

aknowledged digits.

It's to protect their industry which is their own right.

This practice is against free market capitalism.

Import fees would've done that just fine, doesn't require outright bans.

>he thinks any sort of import ban will be lifted in the coming 3 years of "BUY AMERICAN"
Buy American, Goyim. Too big too fail. Ignore the fact that we make half our cars in other countries.

The only """people""" that want muh paul walker mobile are retarded libcucks, see

it has to do with safety features no the kind that save retards like you but the normies retards like you hit its ther to save the public from shit quality foreign cars

Is English not your first language, or is this the absolute STATE of American education?

>wanting business to actually have to compete with other business is being a liberal
Fuck off, you statist cuckold.

>The only """people""" that want muh paul walker mobile are retarded libcucks

not saying you're exactly wrong but thinking the ONLY people who want one only want one because of Fast and the Furious and Paul Walker is silly as the R34 GT-R has the performance to back up its price.

the car's got history.

Also
>retarded libcucks
Do I really need to say anything about this? lol

The libcuck part was insinuating that being a nationalist American is somehow part of a ((plot)) when it's the exact opposite.

The latter

A history that not a single normie cares about. It's purely status and misconception that burgers want those

>available for us import
>us
>US not us

Yeah I made a typo which lead to you making a fool of yourself

I don’t live in the US you vile fuck

What are you even talking about dude

>it gets put in a filing cabinet somewhere. nothing happens

Nah, the piers morgan petition from several years ago asking him to be deported got an official response from Obama. They declined to do anything, but at least they responded. Piers moved back to bongistan a year later so I guess you could argue it was successful.

if i didnt like this old cunt for anything else, i'd still love him for punching piers morgan

Who the fuck said anything about nationalism? The auto industry doesn't give a shit about american identity and culture, they just want money.

>A history that not a single normie cares about

Where did you get this information from? not a single "normal" person wants the R34 GT-R. Do you have an actual source to back that up

Like I agree the hype around the car from fast and furious movie/paul walker is extremely cringeworthy and overall terrible but you are making a huge generalization here.

> It's purely status and misconception that burgers want those

I'm from America and 25 years old. I used to have a model car of the R34 GT-R in Bayside blue when I was younger that my uncle got for me. And while I'm not even a huge fan of the R34 GT-R I still appreciate it for what it is.

Especially what the aftermarket support has done for the car.

The only people who actually "freak out" over the car are usually underage kids who genuinely only know it from the FnF series or a racing video game and even then so what? And if some other people want it for status,while I find that silly and pointles why is that a problem?

The skyline was trash in the game. Why is this a meme?

still waiting on a reply bitch nigga

We should make it longer, so by the time they're legal I can afford one.

I thought it was dank in gran turismo 4. That was one of the reasons I started liking old wrx's and evo's.

Fuck driving RHD cars in America. Shit sucks.

honestly they should just ban importing cars completely so americunts can't ruin the car economy any more.

You can just buy one from any exporter, rent a cheap storage area in a shipyard and wait for them to be legal to import, compare the prices of ones on export websites that are able to be exported to the US and ones that still have a year or so, there is an extreme price difference and it's worth the wait cause you can always resell.

I can't wait for the R34 LS swaps. Let the weeb tears flow.

you are about 7 years late.

youtube.com/watch?v=q6G1X7aA7B4

youtube.com/watch?v=2Pl0MVJlscE

the car had no engine to begin with so its not like he took out a perfectly working engine out of it.

No one gives a shit about neo powered r34s
And no one would ls swap a gtr unless they hated money and wanted to go slow

I hope the ban stays on so I can horde all the cheap RHD MR-Ss with hardtops in Canada while you guys get stuck with the way overpriced LHD ones.

>don't give a damn about...
We have a government that more than ever cares about protecting American industry. The 25 year law came about for this reason in the first place.
This law will only be repealed when America stops manufacturing cars in America.

>needs 100k signatures
>needs 99,981 more signatures
holy shit I mean I want a Nissan Atlas camper van myself, but for gods sake realize when something is a lost cause

They're going to turn them into full on drag cars. Should cause plenty of weeb butthurt.

>They're going to turn them into full on drag cars

you are more than 15 years too late mate

youtube.com/watch?v=1h-inTgYBz8

Daily reminder the R34 is the worst Skyline.

But fuck, those Gundam-esque headlights give me a god damn hard on.

Aka The democrats and mercedes benz

>The 25 year law came about for this reason in the first place.
wrong. Mercedes-Benz had a lot to do with it.

Ive been seeing this shit since like 2012-2013 lol

the germans, because they literally cant stop ruining everything

>Mercedes-Benz had a lot to do with it
Amongst other local manufacturers and retailers. The fact is anywhere in the world has similar restrictions on automotive importation do so to protect their own local economy, justifying their stance citing "different safety standards".
Although it's easy to place a foreign entity as a scape goat, the reality is if Mercedes wasn't the catalyst to the outcome, it would've been any other domestic manufacturer.

Also remember Mercedes doesn't have the power to pass legislation. That'd be your government.

Lobbyists do retard

Lobbyists influence legislation.
influence=!pass you fucking pinhead.

When you buy people off its not hard to sway opinion. But I guess if I presented you a million dolkars to stfu and think for once I guess you wouldn't take it so point taken.

>When you buy people off its not hard to sway opinion
That's a bold claim.
It's even easier to sway opinion when the motivation is to protect your massive local automotive manufacturing, retail and supply sector, and the economy that's enjoyed from it.
So even if OP's shitcunt poll managed 100,000 votes and was presented to congress, it'd be thrown out on the basis of America's financial interest being more aligned with the big automotive players as opposed to some basement dwellers that want to buy some obscure vehicle not otherwise available to them.

bit of both i guess

Fuck off seppo. You'll just plow them into crowds.

As opposed to the inbred retard Ausfaggot who recently wrote off his?

I literally just want German spec cars.

They get everything in manual, including luxobarges. We don't.

As an Ausfaggot, fuck you asshole. You guys were literally the only ones who scored a manual E60 M5.

US Mercedes dealers were buttflustered that people were going to Europe, buying the vehicle they wanted that wasn’t offered state side, getting a better deal and cutting out the middleman

This desu.

Shut the fuck up faggot cunt.

>American """"""bantz"""""""
and this is coming from an American

Did Paul walker/FnF ruin this car for everyone else, as in make it difficult to acquire due to popularity?

They did so with the Supra

Can I import a GT86 from Japan with RHD?

Those are actually really great. Two solid axles, good diesel engines, comfortable and generally fault free

I want a Sierra Cosworth you fucking fag.

25 year law is no big deal. I know people bringing R34s, JZX100s, S15s, etc. into the US all the time through the ports in Miami and Jacksonville. I even own one of the grey market cars myself.

The feds caring enough about non 25 year imports to actually go out of their way to seize or crush cars is a meme. It used to happen but it hasn't in a long while now that people are bringing 25 year legal cars in by the boat loads.

no you dumb fuck. you have to wait 25 years.

Why would you even want a car that came in North America but all thats different is that its RHD?

god please kill yourself.

>Did Paul walker/FnF ruin this car for everyone else, as in make it difficult to acquire due to popularity?

you fucking idiot. That is wrong. why don't you do some reasearch or better yet do some reading in this thread as you can find your answer as to why they are illegal here. >They did so with the Supra

No

The Supra was sold in North America and the reason its expensive has very little to do with Fast and Furious and more to do with the actual car and its legacy. It also doesn't help that a bunch of them have either been crashed, riced out, or turned into 1500hp monsters.

stock examples are extremely rare.

Fuuuuuuck you. I want my S2.

Indeed, always loved them.

Dream car tbqh.

>I know people bringing R34s, JZX100s, S15s, etc. into the US all the time through the ports in Miami and Jacksonville

Thats Florida. The state doesnt care. but its still federally illegal.

>The feds caring enough about non 25 year imports to actually go out of their way to seize or crush cars is a meme.
>It used to happen but it hasn't in a long while now that people are bringing 25 year legal cars in by the boat loads.

oh really? Its just a meme? this happened this year in March

jalopnik.com/tuner-shop-busted-for-illegally-importing-an-r33-gt-r-1795298878

its just a meme though right? dumbass.

warehouse in FL

if you read the article it says they are getting in trouble for listing the value as 180 dollars and only paying taxes on that much instead of the 51 thousand dollars they were trying to sell it for

Other states can get it to not just FL

nobody cares man.

those cars are all federally illegal whether you believe it or not.

And the dumb asses that buy them know exactly what they are getting themselves into.

lol stay mad

>t. retarded GM fangirl

nobody cares man

what? I like Nissan's...

jalopnik.com/how-an-imported-nissan-silvia-nearly-got-a-man-20-years-1684706334
>just a meme