Nobike? Start here:
A2 bikes:
>a2bikes.co.uk/

Motorcycle Ergonomics simulator:
cycle-ergo.com

Webms with sound:

Previously on /dbt/:

Other urls found in this thread:

thumpertalk.com/forums/topic/520140-2001-yz426-clutch-basket-grinding-on-casewith-pics/
sharp.dft.gov.uk/helmets/ls2-ff320-stream/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yamaha

team green yay

>tfw no motocompo

Going to test ride one of these in a few days as a prospective buyer.

What should I expect?

Has anyone ridden one yet?

I just came across this french (?) maker:
Mash motos

lel look like absolute garbage

Yamaha

SEE FOME

Yamaha

thumpertalk.com/forums/topic/520140-2001-yz426-clutch-basket-grinding-on-casewith-pics/

Szuk

how to own a bobber

>ride folded over like a clam on the way to the bar
>share a beer with a GSXR bro and shoot the shit about your crippling back pain and numb arms
>walk home because like fuck you're doing that twice in a day
>have a tow truck get your bike for you
>repeat

Why is my bike(and me) such a cunt towards cagers?

Didn't you buy a Z50 Monkey or something like that?

See, you can hear it laughing.

do all DL1000's lean that far over?

Doesn't seem to be true for the Scout Bobber, as it seems to be a bobber in name only. Same seating position as the standard Scout but with slightly shorter bars.

Do you think it'd be better to put some mini apes on the bike?

I can't imagine the bike being any less comfortable than my sport bike which makes me want to die after 45 minutes.

Maybe, I've never stopped near another one to find out.

>tfw I will have chicken strips for ever because I get terrified when my pegs scrape the ground

Bobber means "no rear suspension"

It has rear suspension though, you can even see it in the image I posted. As I said, it's a bobber in name and aesthetic only.

Ye, I was backing up what you said
But the seating remarks still apply
Forward controls and shorty bars is criminal

My chicken strips are wider than my wear mark
>t eternal 250 commuter

Now his bike is fixed, and he can be free.

Do you think mini apes would be better? It's even a dealer option, so must be a fairly common request.

Would definitely help
Here's the deal tho
Why not just get a standard?
A cruiser with mid controls is just a shitty, heavy, underpowered standard
IMO you'd be better off with a bike who's main selling point is not heritage or image

If you're scraping your pegs you're probably doing well enough.

yeah, like a Triumph. They never sell on heritage or image

I'm thinking about as my first cruiser getting an Indian Scout Bobber primarily, but I've also been eyeing the new 2018 Softail lineup with their new Milwaukee Eight engine with oil coolers and eight valves FINALLY modernizing a bit.

Thoughts?

Yes I'm the one posted the Indian image earlier.

it kind of helps that their heritage is actually good, while american bike design has always been 50 years behind the competition

I rarely do because I try avoiding it. I'm afraid that my toes will touch first then get caught and squished between the pegs.
When I do scrape peg I flinch and chop the throttle causing the bike to lose its balance

leave my gas station and never come back, inferior chicago cucks

I have a sport bike and naked standard now. I've always wanted to get a cruiser though, ever since I was a kid. I've test rode an old 90s Sportster 1200 and the bike was shit but the seating position was the most comfortable I've ever been on a bike.

You're way overthinking it, I've scraped toes, boots, pegs, never had much happen, at most blowing a foot off the peg and having a brief wobble. If the pegs bother you that much, you can buy adjustable pegs so you can gain another inch of ground clearance.

>Internal sunvisor
>DOT/ECE/SNELLM2015
>meme graphics
>cheap as fuck
Anything wrong with a cheap helmet with an internal sun visor?

yeah i fucked your mom

I mean if it's all certified then it should save your head in a crash, but the fit and feel may not be as nice as other more expensive helmets.

>boomer fart cannon

buy an older valkyrie instead

sharp.dft.gov.uk/helmets/ls2-ff320-stream/

It's ok I guess, as long as it's comfy to wear and you can bear whatever the noise level is, go for it.

build quality

a certified helmet doesn't have to have a visor that stays attached after 1000 use cycles.

The only triumph I don't hate is the Daytona
A Vulcan is a better bike than anything America is churning out this day and age

I told many times and I will keep telling you guys
I bought an expensive HJC and the fit and feel were utter bullshit on long rides
my now 80$ helmet shits on expensive helmets

a real human bean

Shit taste. Contrary to what the japs and their budget line of parts bin nakeds may have taught you, you can have a good chassis and engine without fairings.

>fairings only add to the top speed a little and make maintenance a PITA
Pass. Every time.

Good points

That's a pretty neat site, thanks!

What price range or brands would you recommend for a decently built one?

Was the HJC too tight?

>Jap
laughing-in-italian.wav
Striple a shit, m8 wouldn't get one if I was gifted it
The Daytona is just so sexy

You tried one brand and didn't like it, that doesn't mean your cheap helmet is better than expensive ones.

I for example don't get on with the fit with any AGV helmets, regardless of price, but my Shoei and every Arai I've ever tried are perfection.

no, but it had certain pressure points
and only after like an hour of riding
so not exactly too tight, tight helmets feel different

The new speed master is pretty cool

yeah I've read about ppl installing rearsets. I will probably do that eventually.
But yeah I'm going to try to scrape more peg little by little

Nah
Also, post thicc thighs

I really like the way the Ural Solo sT looks, is it a meme or should I go for it?

Go easy with peg scraping because if they do catch a divet in the road it can really fuck things up. You don't have to shell out for absolute rearsets, you can buy adjustable pegs for about £40 from a company called MC Motoparts, they sell internationally though.

this. sportbike kiddos talk about muh corners a lot but half the problems with sportbikes are only there for the straights.

you're leaned over to help keep the front down when you gun it
you have fairings so you can reach a higher top speed
you have less leverage and turning distance on the bars and a steering damper to make it easier to stay out of tank slappers, tight turns in the pits be damned
those fairings are a complicated mess of clips and bolts because they double at air intakes so the engine gets a small amount of boost at that top speed

highway squids have it right. sportbikes are at home going in a straight line.

The only speed that thing will get is 50

szuk it

>When you park your suzuki and suddenly the pavement is cracking and there's an oil spot on it

guys the new overwatch update is live
;-)

I'm more interested in seeing coffee beans being roasted.

TFW no peder

Who cares, just look at it!

I'd rather not

are you filming on a potato?

It's real uggo

tfw bought it off a goofy redneck in Indiana and that's the pic he sent before I picked it up

I got my license last week, but season is pretty much over here in Swedistan. I've spent the last 4 months riding about 4/h week preparing for the test. Time split between a Cbr500r and a F700GS. Should i get pic related? they are pretty chap to buy and insure.

Old gopros struggle in low lighting, especially w/motion blur

Ugh
Why
The only half decent 500 is the rally X
Get an SV or something

I actually reviewed one the other day, it's pretty decent. Really smooth engine, snappy gearbox, fairly quick too. Perhaps a little bit plain but the ride was very good. No complaints, just nothing super exciting about it.

Since you've ridden a CBR500, it's like that, with quite a bit more power, better suspension, finish and slightly sportier ergos.

DUDE
SUPERMOTOS LOL

B...but that's the 650F not the 500.

That's good to hear, i also meant to say that i plan to buy used, they can be found with 2500k's for cheap. I quite like the Cbr500R but after riding the GS on the same day it feels like a toy.

It definitely feels like what the 500R should be.

Don't buy fake sportbikes.

>I want to have to take care of expensive fairings that need to be unbolted for every maintenance procedure
>and i want to be leaned over all the time
>but i want absolutely no power. nada. none.
Fucking why

they put fairings on it so the 1000 superbike riders don't feel too embarassed when you pass them in a corner

i want one too

They're not leaned over all the time, the pegs are super low and forward and the clipons are super high and back

This is also why this and bikes like the r3 aren't good beginner track bikes. You scrape super early and because of the steering position it's hard to transfer 100% of your energy to the bars. Just absolute trash poser fast wannabe bikes

Why do people like Hondas? They make the most boring and bland motorcycles out of anyone, and Yamaha even beats them in reliability, which is supposed to be the main advantage of Honda.

I just like the look of it and besides isn't it the most powerful 650 "wont kill you on day 1 type" motorcycle ? I'm not 100% committed to having a sports bike, i just want to have a bike that's fun and reasonably cheap to own.

Don't listen to the others user, for what you're after it sounds perfect. Easy to ride, fast enough to have fun, sports tourer ergos that are comfy.

Marquez a best!

In crashing?

My bad, I thought we were talking about the cbr500r which I've been on and I know is a joke. 90hp isn't bad and you're not far off from my old ass starting 600 there. Don't believe the instant death meme, a high revving 600 has nothing at low rpms and you will be 100% fine if you short shift until you're ready. I'm still here shitposting aren't I?

Nah you make a valid point, but the full on 600 supersports like R6s and the CBR600RR, whilst not having much in the low end, do pick up pretty quickly, and also are razor sharp to ride. Something like the 650F is just a bit more forgiving for someone like that guy who is wanting to step up from the 500R. It's also a really good stepping stone from the 500R to proper sports bikes.

Thanks An/o/n's. Valid points of opinion.

But as said earlier i don't feel that i "must have" a sportsbike.
I'm gonna go try some bikes out to figure what feels good. Maybe i'll end up with something different like a naked or 'adv' bike ( i live on the countryside with lots of gravel / forest roads)

Another option could be a scrambler.

>( i live on the countryside with lots of gravel / forest roads)

Yeah, performance street tires will be aids there. I feel more comfortable hitting a bump leaned over at 100 and feeling the stabilizer work than I do going around an uneven gravel parking lot

My man

Took my scoot for a rip today. Straight to the café for $5 toast. Saw some fully faired bikes being taken apart for their 2hr weekly oil changes so I drove past them. Don't worry though, I waved my left hand while upshifting my clutchless transmission. Maybe I can lend them the leftover from the quart of canola oil I use for my engine. Might go for another ride later but this cute barista is calling my name.

>Took my (enter shitbike) for a rip today.
can this be the new dbt meme

It is already but I don't want it to be because it's an EF OC

Haven't really looked into scramblers, maybe i should consider one of those.

Generally the roads here are very good (except for harvest when the farmers ruin all the fun roads with mud and debris from their farms ), but i have the option to get on gravel roads for some weekend adventures.

Also, if i had a couple of years experience on a bike maybe the Tracer 900 could be an option if i only can afford 1 bike.

Your fault for being a moron

Took my Yamaha for a blessed BLAST today.Scraped handlebars and dragged elbow trough every corner.A S1000RR tried to chase me on the touge but no chance, pussy germans can't compete with jap aluminium.

Chopping throttle is a bad habit. I recommend you go to a parking lot and scrape pegs intentionally and train that out of your system.

>Scraped handlebars and dragged elbow trough every corner

That's called crashing.

Went full squid and raced a car in the pitch black darkness with just a t shirt and helmet

Want a cookie?

how many r3's are there on dbt?

Hello, Daily Blog Thread. I bring you a tale where you can laugh at my misery.

>Be CJ
>Be at work
>Coworker's wife comes in after she gets off her work
>Always makes small talk
>Always bubbly
>Kinda bitchy to everyone else
>She's not really attractive
>Landwhale
>Pregnant with their second kid
>Came in for her usual of two sodas
>Ring her up
>"Oh hey CJ I need your number because [____]'s phone keeps acting up and he may need to reach you."
>lol okay
>Gib digits
>She leaves
>Not even ten minutes later
>Pic related
>Walk outside
>Chain smoke half a pack of American Spirits
>Can not comprehend how mortified I am
>Contemplate riding head long into traffic after work to avoid this
>Decide to settle on picking up stuff to make Kansas City Tea
>Am now on forth one

There isn't a bike fast enough on this planet to carry me away from this situation.

There are more 125s