Be me, 17y/o, just passed driving test

>Be me, 17y/o, just passed driving test
>Looking for a new car
>I want to find something that will keep the folks off my back but also has street cred so I can keep my dignity
>Just scouted a nice Black 1975cc Hyundai Coupe, 50,000 miles
>It's exactly what I'm looking for
>Decide to go smash & grab style and buy it before it sells
>Manage to nab it for £1200 plus 3 month warranty from dealer
>Drive it home, instantly fall in love with it
>Go online to get the insurance sorted out
>Mfw they want £4000 to insure the car

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?t=i&q=635CSi E24
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

this is why you check insurance quotes before you buy, I hope you learned your lesson

>17 y/o
>just passed test
>immediately buy a 2l coupe

ya dun goofed

>2 liters
>big

oh man me sides

though admittedly here in the united states of murrica i just drove uninsured until i was 23 because im a piece of shit like that

now i do have the jew insurance

>be me
>underageb&
>buy car without checking how much insurance will be
>Buying Hyundai ANYTHING

not all is lost
turns out you can cut off half the price by going directly to insurers instead of using comparison sites

> 23 yo
> move to US
> no driving license
> buy 635CSi E24
> no one wants to insure it
> call geico
> no problem sir, it'll be $120 per month
> shit.png
> ok I need to fill the form, what is your position
> *thinking hard* DEVOPS ENGINEER
> oh, engineer, that'll be $40

What dealer let you drive a car home without asking for insurance?

in the uk if you're under 25 then yes 2 liters is too big for your insurance to be reasonable. at 1.6 it's just about bearable if you have an older named driver, but beyond 1.6 it just becomes a shitfest. 1.4 seems to be the sweet spot for hp/ins cost

but of course rich parents are a thing so for some dumb boy racers this is all irrelevant and trees are simply a way to try out a new car, assuming you survive.

i've never heard of a dealership asking for insurance details. they aren't the police, once you give them your money they don't give a shit.

>635CSi E24

is that a motorbike

lmgtfy.com/?t=i&q=635CSi E24

>£4000
What the hell
I live in an expensive country and I pay $800 to insure a 5L luxobarge as a 24 year old. What the fuck is going on in bongland?

do you actually pay for the engine size or for the hp in the uk?

Also, still can't understand why any government doesn't amend the law for liability insurance of *driver*, not driver and car combo. If you are shit, you are going to kill people with bloody Fiat.

>dumb BMW owners too embarrassed to say 'BMW' because of their unreliable pile of shit and poor life choices.

Paid 15$/month for my Mercedes

>I was 18 years old

tfw I almost took the bait

Dealers don't care about your insurance. They just say "hey make sure you're insured before you leave"

from my own experience it seems to be engine size & your age, car body type, hp, your job & where you live in that order for the differences you'll see in price. i have lived in low crime countryside all my life so i'm always going to have it slightly better than someone within 20 miles of London for example

Each car has an insurance rating, between 1-50. The higher performance cars are in higher insurance groups. Your area, your age, and your record of claims or points are the other main factors of insurance costs.

Had them ask me for insurance when I got my last car from a main Ford garage, I'm from NI so maybe they're more strict over here.

2L is like the minimum size you should get in aus. what a fucking joke of a country britain is.

+ but that difference is probably 3% of the total cost. when i was 24 i checked out insuring myself for my dad's BMW 740 and it was about £1100 annual with him on as a named drive, third party fire & theft. i checked again a week after hitting 25 and it was down to £700 annual, fully comp without him on as a named driver.

>you should get

what does this even mean? are you all drag racing on the weekends or what

mhm, thanks

In Poland it's about: brand, body type, colour (no, really, you *should* get a blue car if you want cheap insurance, whereas red and black are most expensive), location and... engine size. Literally, fucking, this. A lad driving triple turbocharged 3.0 diesel with 500hp is going to have cheaper insurance than 3.6L naturally aspirated gasoline with 250hp.

Fun fact: because it is all about engine size, they started considering RX-8 a 2.6L car xD

no,it's just countries outside of britain like cars that arent slow as fuck

European insurance companies are absolute trash, I hate these greedy thieving jews more than anything in the world

Jewco will jack your insurance sky high if you're ever in an accident.

under 25 year old males aren't the only driving demographic in the uk you dumb abo cunt

your mom, your girlfriend, and your grandma all need 2 litre engines too, dude

You fucked up lad. Street cred doesnt matter at 17. Having a car at all was street cred enough when i was that age.

I am no longer with them, but I know. I've read all about it and was scared af. They were the only company that wanted to insure a car with me holding a foreign driving license.

My old 1.0 AX was £670 a year to insure with no black box for the first year

Everyone should start out with an old shitbox to learn to properly drive in
Slow car fast