/ovg/ - return to normalcy edition

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing ARCA and Sega Rally on Saturdays! Check out our Google doc for more info.
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/18diego_dd/status/917589909426249728
blog.codemasters.com/grid/09/race-to-the-spectator-stands-for-the-first-trailer-of-grid-autosport-on-mobile/
youtu.be/xOjtc8OcU-8
discord.gg/hXmJrJr
youtu.be/KX2sMqZifs4
youtu.be/_iY2qGanQx0
projectcarsesports.com/license.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for please practice doing laps with hot tires. Turn 10 is a bitch when they get hot

How steep is too steep? 25%?

lmao2thred

real thread

nth for RR3

>join WAT1
ded

inb4 no discord link

Putting my wheel away because I'm pretty sure my roommate and below-my-room neighbor are getting tired of how loud I am going at 10/10ths on my G27.

>putting my wheel away because my h-shifter no longer works

Is DiRT Rally as realistic as it claims to be?

fuck 'em right into boippucci
thats louder

>rr3
>not gt racing 2

twitter.com/18diego_dd/status/917589909426249728
>tfw a literal fuckfest has better racing than /ovg/ turnleft

wtf thats my house

Can I see your paycheck from Gameloft?
t. Asphalt 8 fag

specialty dealer updated, get that civic while it's hot
M635 and the C63 AMG Black Series coupe as well.

new

>tfw you got #888 of the mugen
nice
#998 (so close) of the C63 and like #715 M635

>those ~3 cars doing really well

That's weird the old cars are grayed out on mine

I'm just playing it because EA is too stupid to cash in on the Forza hype and bring RR3 to PC

get this hothead out of here

What mobile racing has the best online multiplayer?

Twisted Metal: Head On

I'm talking about phone games, it seems like a lot of people ITT play one or more.

First thread is the real thread though retard

might have to do with me restarting my game at 7 PM desu, maybe loading into a track will fix it.

I really like the 1988 M5
Such a patrician tier car.
So much fun
also, the HP figures in this game are BHP and not WHP correct?

What're the requirements for the Forza event?
Road car with a cage, sport or race tires?
Is Race aero allowed?

Slicks and a cage afaik

Hey your link doesn't work.

blog.codemasters.com/grid/09/race-to-the-spectator-stands-for-the-first-trailer-of-grid-autosport-on-mobile/

>pay once and play
>all dlc included
>no microtransactions
>it’s the entire console/pc version and not a watered down spinoff

RR3 Guy status: On suicide watch
Codemasters status: Objectively best developers of all time

I picked 34 because of the reference to the Tyrrell P34 who's livery i was copying and they used numbers 3 and 4 so 34 was an obvious choice for the number.

Also i'm shockingly uncreative.

But that's Kira's number
RIP kira

>pcars 2
>going 200% FULL INSANE in the Caterham on one of those hilly bong tracks

its like jackie robison day where everyone wears his number in tribute

attention please:

I would love to play fun little sunday assetto series. One car (ae86 tuned), relatively short and already known tracks like brandshatch indy, red bull ring, maybe one longer ahvenisto or zandvoort. Low-effort, shitter-friendly fun in a car that's both easy to handle and not that obvious to master. I'm even willing to waste some of my euro-money on one of those server hosting slots just to make it happen, unless someone else has a server slot to share.

Is anyone interested? If so, please give me enough (You)s to convince me it could actually stay alive for more than a week.

>No Spa
>No GT3
pass

Literally the Fox only/No items/Final Destination of simracing.

t. Gentleman racer

Spa is the dust2 of simracing.

>pcars 2
>have the season pass
>a lobby has what looks like a Honda Civic Type R as the only car available, listed as "DLC"
>not allowed to race because I don't have the car

Are there mods now or something? What the hell was that?

Stupid anime poster

I want to cum on Chiya's belly

I've kinda been playing F7 too much since release and now joining you all. Mostly to complain, but also to ask a few questions because perhaps you guys know something I don't.

The game is okay, beautiful, etc but...

>can't drive garage cars in rivals
>modified cars have essentially zero place in gameplay
>extraordinarily slow/buggy
>turn10 essentially gutted drift rivals
>why does corvette z06 cost 212,000cr
>why does bmw e64 m6 cost similar
>etc
>why can't I race a civic vs ferraris in same class

Does anybody else feel like the freedom of the game got siphoned out nearly completely? I don't even care about the prize crates and car collection levels are more stupid than annoying, but I was a huge fan of rivals and it's now a mere husk

Is this T10s attempt to make the game "more fair?" Cuz I'm about to just pop F6 in and return 7

What rank do the shitstain drivers go away at?

looks almost like a gasket...

And Donnington, the 2fort.

ded thred

I don't know what James is talking about: GT Sport is shaping up to be something really special.

This shit, THIS FUCKING SHIT RIGHT HERE. This is the shit that drives me up the wall about this game. Shitters getting too antsy about being down a position and then causing shit like this to happen. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

youtu.be/xOjtc8OcU-8

Anything is allowed as long as it has race tires and a race cage

But always online is good m8, Kaz is always right m8, you're having fun m8. Right m8? It's great m8!

Android version?

Is the beetle good?

Best car for that track and race imho.

Is it good or fun outside of that? Demo still downloading since I didn't hear about it until today. I find the thing to be utterly adorable and absurd that there's even a new beetle race car in the game.

Yeah it's great but I can't talk for if outside of that race. Demo has most of the content locked away and unless you're doing the sport mode there's no way to access anything other than 3 cars and like 3 tracks.

Also be prepared for a lot of this shit.

If servers are down with this demo you literally can't do anything.

You were at fault for that though, quit bitching.

Are you srs? Explain.

Git gud

I played all night and didn't encounter any of that. What I did encounter is a known issue whereby you can't access one of the main menus in the game. There's a workaround which requires you to manually save (which involves servers for some reason) but it was at that point that the online services failed me.

I've had it happen a few times now and it's fucking infuriating. I'll pull another replay when the servers go back up. I haven't watched it yet but some dude super intentionally spun me during a race.

you both senna'd the other beetle, ayrton senna sr (you) passed relatively cleanly and ayrton senna jr followed you to the letter but closed the door on the other car

Wait I read that wrong. Yeah I see what you're saying but my shit was cleeeeeaaaaannnb

As clean as an Hamilton pass on Rosberg

Topkek come on that wasn't dirty.

neither were lewisha's passes, putting your ass right in front of the other car isn't dirty

How fast do you predict GT: Sport to die?

link to the /ovg/ discord

discord.gg/hXmJrJr

I think it's already fairly dead. All the casuals interested in a classic GT experience tried the demo and got disappointed.

upon reviewing i'm not sure that this one is as bullshit as I thought it was at the time but the guy clearly turned up in to me and put me in the wall. I've watched it over a number of times now and it looks like I'm going down the track a little bit on the corner exit but homeboy flies up in to me and spikes me off the wall. Seemed like it came out of nowhere while playing.

Watch the actual crash at 0.25 speed to really see what I'm talking about.

youtu.be/KX2sMqZifs4

>lmao lets all stop in the middle of the mountain road
There's settings for vehicle speed tucked away in there somewhere.

Is there? I looked and looked and couldn't find it. I'm just calling it and extremely fast shutter speed kek.

It's very obvious in this demonstration of Scapes.
youtu.be/_iY2qGanQx0

Admittedly, I didn't check out any spot where it could be applied, so it could have changed since then.

didn't think you were alongside, tried to get back on the racing line, collided with you
it happens quit whining

never mind, found it.
Yeah, that's why I'm saying it wasn't as bad as I thought it was when it happened. Could have been avoided but shit happens.

tracking parameter IIRC

well that's pretty nitto, It was fucking me up because it doesn't show changes in motions like that real time.

Is the race engineer worth using to tune in pcars 2 or does he fuck up everything?

Yes

So? Spinning is just another part of racing.

Yeah but when it's blatantly intentional that's when I have problems with it. Accidents happen like in the second video I posted and that's totally fine, no problem with that, it's expected. The problem I have is shitters that just try to ram their way to the front and overall drive way too aggressively and do nothing but cause problems.

Just recover and spin them harder.

Yeah I've done some revenge moves during races, I usually try to let it go though because pulling shit like that lowers your SR which is bad in the long run. The only redeeming factor is the people who intentionally ram and spin others get penalties for it and at the end of the race they get knocked back 10+ seconds in the final race results.

Does the system take into account people who WERE hit vs those who did the hitting? It fucks me off how pcars 2 penalizes you even when some chode shoves you off the road.

can't wait to senna you every race during /ovgtspork/

Nope, in the video where I Senna the fuck out of the other beetle and homeboy behind me follows suit but closes the door on the other beetle and causes me to wreck I got a 10 second penalty for contact and it dropped my SR.

>Playing with assists
>Ever
What's your excuse /ovg/?

My wheel isn't compatible with PS4 and the only thing I can do with a DS4 is suck dick.

Same. But I just use abs and tc in sport, cause fuck modulating brake and throttle with triggers.

I'm a massive shitter

projectcarsesports.com/license.html
it's not always penalizing you for being hit btw

i use abs because g27 brake pedals are shite

>On suicide watch
no u

>That racing line
Confirmed suicide watch