10mm

>10mm
Cool, need that. Need a couple, actually.

>1/2" drive
WTF?

>Impact
ScannersHeadExplosion.gif

You must be pretty fucking stupid if a socket is making you this confused

what

1/2'' is 12.7mm so a 13mm should work ok

rust.

Take your 10mm memes back to Facebook.

>being a drivelet
kys

go back to /k/ fgt

Not totally clear on what the issue is here. If you don't want it don't buy it

OP is implying that 10mm should never need a half inch socket.

OP doesn't know that max torque for 12.9 10mm bolt is 60ft/lb, and if you add rust, you sometimes need a half inch to break em loose.

I literally just snap off all of the bolt heads with a 1/2 impact when I mess with my old Z cars since they're so rusted.

I used to try and get as many out as possible properly, but I wasted so much time and money on penetrating fluid and prayers to the machine spirit that I gave up and just drill and tap everything and plan for it regardless.

>prayers to the machine spirit
Did you also burn incense? You need incense, and the proper catechism of bolt loosening. It also helps to apply the unguent of rust removal in the traditional warpaint of the warpriests of Mars. I believe it's two parts red iron oxide to one part of 10W-40. Draw a cog shape around your face, then fill in the cog with POR15. You are now ready to remove the bolt.

So they dont wear out so fast or need adaptors to put one on my 1/2in right angle impact.

A 13mm drive rachet?

yeah, the guy had a brainfart methinks.

>JIS
>using 12.9

I'm just entirely convinced every Datsun bolt is tainted by the warp, teebs. They've just got to be cut out, you know?

>60 ft/lbs
Nope. It's 13.

The average 10mm head bolt is an M6-1 or M6-1.25 thread. A 12.9 bolt has a plain and dry tightening torque of only 13 ft.lbs.

goo DOT gl/ebuqo7

There are a whole bunch of wrench points on older BMWs where a 1/2" will snap but you can't fit a 3/4". The factory used to sell little kits of them.

I see the mistake I made, confusing 10mm socket for an m10 bolt, but 12ft/lb seems wayyyy tooooo low. I know for a fact that I've taken m6 bolts to like 40lb. I wanna say my cars service manual calls for some m6 bolts to be tightened to 17-20ft/lb.

whats the problem OP? You don't like torquing your rocker bolts to 600 pound feet?

That 40 ft. lbs. you are remembering was probably 40 in. lbs.

Its a nice socket for when you're doing long 10mm bolts with a 10mm head, where the bolt head is the size of lug nuts

>all these posters calling out OP

I was under the impression Veeky Forums didn't actually work on cars.

>He doesn't use a 1/2" drive impact on his valve cover bolts

>His valve cover bolts aren't the head studs

Are you also triggered by bits-to-1/2'' adaptors?

If someone wanted a pic...

I think you're looking for a 1/2 square to 1/4 hex

Valve cover bolts deserve to die anyway. Just RTV the covers on.