/smtg/ - 真・女神転生/Shin Megami Tensei General

New 3DS game is called "Deep Strange Journey/Strange Journey Redux" further info and teaser:

atlus.com/strangejourney/home.html
shin-megamitensei.jp/dsj/
[YouTube] A Stranger Journey Awaits in Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux

SMT HD Project teased at Nintendo Switch Presentation:
[YouTube] Nintendo Switch: New Shin Megami Tensei Teaser

>Starter guide
i.imgur.com/zJcYpuE.png

>Tips and tricks
pastebin.com/J6ER3Eve

>Artbook, soundtrack, manga, and other downloads
pastebin.com/NqLRYf5n

>OST links
pastebin.com/kLbYxjFU

>Misc. translations
pastebin.com/pgEWmYfH

>Booru
smtg.booru.org/

>Recommended reading
pastebin.com/ByiXrDGX

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/F8poE6jilRI
youtube.com/watch?v=kJ-5x5IaYFA
youtube.com/watch?v=ALfkAh4iZ6o
youtube.com/watch?v=FMS_WXmv7og
youtube.com/watch?v=y50nAoA5KwY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Can we have a good thread?

Reminder that Garu is just a meme Zan.

What are you talking about?

You know without people whining about people who like waifus

>[YouTube] A Stranger Journey Awaits in Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux
>[YouTube] Nintendo Switch: New Shin Megami Tensei Teaser

I'm never letting you fucks make another thread

is there anyway to edit your alignment in smt 4, with like a save editor or something? im at the infernal reactor, locked into the law ending, and i was trying to go for neutral.

>Asahi leaves the party when we get back to Kinshicho
>Realize that since I've been relying on her healing, none of my demons have heal skills
Dagda was right about bonds making you weak.

But then I can't have Garudyne on my Garuda

Is this how Chaos looks like?

youtu.be/F8poE6jilRI

>implying
I dunno man, least it's attempts to reinvent the wheel didn't alienate guys every instalment

I will never not be mad over the fact that the game forces you to take a partner into battles. I'm a strong independent Godslayer fuck these assholes.

The OP was like that for the last two threads so I left it as is.

Here are the youtube links for SJ redux, make sure to re-add them to the next OP:

A Stranger Journey Awaits in Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux
youtube.com/watch?v=kJ-5x5IaYFA

SMT HD Project teased at Nintendo Switch Presentation:
youtube.com/watch?v=ALfkAh4iZ6o

nobody reads that shit anyway why bother

I go to work and don't talk to anyone. The genres I mostly play in are roguelikes and tactical turn based games. I never had sex or was in a relationship in my life, nor do I plan to ever go for them. When I'm not on this shithole, playing games, or at work, I'm reading shit like Ligotti and yes I unironically believe in Antinatalism. I could go on, but just know just because you shitpost on a not-even-obscure -anymore imageboard and watch anime that you're still as much of a normalfag as the ones playing Persona 5 and think it's the best JRPG ever made.

So again, I don't get why anyone cares what a polygonal representation of a grey alien and a female cartoon character will say she loves your equally blank slate self-insert as if she'll come out the screen.

>bunch of fags trying to look tough with bling and sunglasses
>singing about the glory of the tokyo community, not the individual
>moving with some structured choreography and rhythm
No, they're neutralfags.

I don't think you can. Law, chaos, and neutral all make separate versions of tokyo that can't be 'changed' for lack of a better term even if your internal alignment changes. Like say if I'm on Law and do the hunter tournament quest and pick all the chaos options and become technically neutral, it doesn't work that way.

If you have a save before the alignment lock, you might be able to use an editor to set your alignment point value

This. I went Massacre and kinda hoped I wouldn't have any partner at all. At least I got rid of that stupid pseudo-All out attack though.

>I'm probably the least normie person in this thread.
>I go to work
Shut the fuck up, faggot.

>introduce second set of party gimmick solely for a final boss gimmick
>never use it again outside of DLX
>not using non selected partners to fill up said second party in select bosses like Dagda or Divine Powers

Nah I'd say being an emotional neet is more normal than some kind of sexless work robot

>bunch of fags trying to look tough with bling and sunglasses

>sexless work robot
This is not as rare as you think it is.

>using non selected partners to fill up said second party in select bosses like Dagda or Divine Powers

God that'd be so good. I loved using two parties at once.

You're both normies.

The only true anti-normies in the world are the monks that live up in the mountains and meditate for 72 hours straight in the freezing cold and have attained enlightenment and knowledge far beyond what some dumbass antinatalist fag or waifufag think. Schopenhauer nor Yasuda have their values, beliefs, and art ingrained well into normie culture more than you narrowsighted retards might believe.

Why are we so hostile now, is this the world of chaos now?

>Proving how un-normie you are to some random anonymous person
>Not the most normie thing ever

>this is the world chaosfags want
I like it

One of them looks like Kaneko what the fuck man did he actually became male idol or some shit?

I'm not the guy he was arguing with and I don't even care about the whole normalfag stuff I just wanted to call him out because he sounds like an asshole.

nope, theyre both in infernal tokyo. besides, neither the save editors i looked at had an alignment editor.

What is your reason to live, user?

Chaosfags want a world of individualism and realizing inner potential.

This...this is just endless faggotry and suffering, and you'll be doomed to it as long as you live, Son of Man. Obey God and he will disappoint you. Fight God and you will know no happiness. Follow destiny and it will lead you to ruin. Fight destiny and you will never find peace. The left path, or the right?

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.

To enjoy things I enjoy doing.

Fair enough, but if he's truly the asshole he appears to be and all the stuff is spouting is actually true (that he doesn't care about normie life, women, other people, etc) it tends to bite people in the ass really hard. You don't need to do it for them.

>(that he doesn't care about normie life, women, other people, etc) it tends to bite people in the ass really hard

I've always thought Kaneko looked like a genuine Yakuza member.

I wonder if that scared off potential dates for him

Real life ain't megoomay tensay.

Also, don't you know your myths? Dagda was swimming in pussy and bitches and loved games and is the god of socializing or whatever. Literally the most normie God. Then YHVH made him look like a faggot skeleton for 5000 years and he got pissed. Then he realized he either had to kill himself to stop looking like a faggot and had to make his champion an edgelord.

As we see in Bonds, he goes back to being jolly Dagda, just...still looking spooky.

>One of the earlier ideas was to make the Vortex World a vast battlefield where players could see distant scenery on the horizon and in the sky, but performance issues meant the idea had to be scrapped.
Would you play an open world Nocturne?

He's just memeing you dip

Its already open world.

>it tends to bite people in the ass really hard

How so?

don't be rude to my mom

Some people are just that pathetic. Even a sexual deviant is more normal, at least they fap without any lingering feelings to chinese cartoon images while those fags pretends to make girlfriends out of or even marry those chinese cartoon images.

it doesn't, but we like to pretend it does to make us feel better for bothering with relationships

Final fantasy up to X-2 mostly used the same formula with a few twists. It wasn't until XI when they started experimenting with the formula with varying results.

Haven't played DDS2 in a while, and was up to extra boss Seth. Should I continue grinding mantras and beat Satan before finishing the game, or make a separate save, beat the final boss, and then return to preparing for Satan? Also, can I have all stats at 99 for all party members or do I have to have one lower than 99 like for Demifiend?

>song about Tokyo
>bunch of gaijin dancers
What did they mean by this?

I wonder what is worse, knowing that you are worthless and probably will never have satisfactory life, while refusing to cling to waifus and other shit that doesn't exist
Or live in a land of imagination happily with your not existing gf that will never even hear your words or notice your existence or existence at all, and other things just to forget about the world and your pitiful state
No matter what I will choose, I'm still living in the world that will swallow me when I will go outside

I want to fuck every single one of them in their sleep

The only unsatisfactory thing about my life is that all my shitty novels and short stories will never get published.

I didn't want to grind for ultimate Personas, so I decided to use Lilim, and hotdamn, she's a game-breaker. I got Mikage Ruins cleared, but right now I'm having trouble with Culebre & Cromm Cruach. These motherfuckers have way too much HP and can kill my MC in a few physical hits. Any tips?

btw
>isometric view and lots of new demon sprites
>some gameplay mechanics from Majin Tensei 2 are reused
>based Aoki as main composer

Looking at Persona 1, it makes me sad knowing that we could have got Majin Tensei 3, but instead got a mess that was Ronde. I even wouldn't mind if Atlus reused most of the assets if the gameplay was fun, graphics were good, and they got Aoki to compose the music again.
youtube.com/watch?v=FMS_WXmv7og

Garu is wind and Zan is blast, senpai.

This general needs law in their boring, sad, aimless lives.
I mean look at all this blogposting.

I think they could've at least had a different texture for the demon domains. They're all so samey and boring.

I only want to live alone somewhere far away, but still right now I'm scared shitlessly about going tomorrow to meet the guy who will learn me how to drive. How can one survive when he just wants to roll on the floor when it comes to talking with people?

just tell yourself you're not going to die from engaging in conversation with someone

Best SMT romance

It's not easy, but it comes with time and practice. I've been getting better at dealing with people over the last year.

Although I'm still an autistic sperg who's gonna skip out on a class tomorrow cause I'm scared I'm gonna have to talk to people.

J-just keep at it I guess.

>redux
>not keeping the original meme name in the age where memes elected Trump
if they needed to change the title how about not choosing something even more retarded?

>mfw I see what's below Miyako's skirt

Deep Strange Journey is way more retarded than indicating the game is a rehash.

How come everything Yasuda draws looks cock starved?

Watching Yu go insane was pretty fun despite how shit the anime was.

>io reaching out to the protagonist, ronaldo and makoto facing towards each other, otome looking very motherly towards jungo, and airi and hinako close
Awww.

But yo why the fuck are fumi and daichi getting comfy? Didn't hinako want to jump his bones by the end?

>muh latinism not utter garbage
sounds straight way from Final Fantasy title senpai

As long as we don't get autistic who think they are special for having a common opinion

>not even driving age

Jesus you idiots are so melodramatic. It's the human condition. Even my autistic brother found a pissy to fuck at work. Thing change once you get out of school and into the real world.

>>not even driving age
Surely they're just late to getting their license. You have to be 18 to post here, after all.

Any tips on beating Maitreya? By the time I get through Zouchouten and Innana I've used too many resources to put up a fight.

Something like that

I don't remember what zouchouten does (usually save marishiten for last) but just try not to use up too many resources against him, then for inanna use a dedicated marakarn user and a healer to weather her attacks.

for maitreya, the most important thing is healing and making sure he hasn't cast enlightenment, since he has rather low HP. Wild Hunt is a really good demon for the fight since he gets good gun affinity and dex and resists a lot of what maitreya throws out. also try to get the levelup heal apps if you don't have them, it's not the last or the hardest boss rush in the game

>Level up heal app
I went through the entire game and the walk around version is far better

I honestly never used either MP app since I literally never had problems with MP regeneration. Never had to use energy drain either, too.

it's probably because I always had my comp filled with strong demons instead of just using 4 since I would resummon from the compendium a lot to fuse new demons so yeah.

How in the world did you have that much macca.

Besides it's a ton of fun to wipe everything with nanashi before they get a turn

>this demon drought after the Cosmic Egg

What do you mean by demon drought?

After the Cosmic Egg you're basically at the high eighties/low nineties in terms of levels. They didn't need to bloat it with a ton of demons.

Don't ever fucking show your face here again.

Keep your eye on the objective.

Objective complete.

I don't really know, lol, I just did. I was playing on Apocalypse, too. I mostly fused my demons off with demons I got in the area through demon negotiation, so maybe that's it?

I used Nanashi as more of a buffer/healer/status move throw out-er anyway (actually, that's probably why, because I spammed Bind Voice +Fundraise a lot over the course of the game, rather than just grinding it all in one battle as a lot of people do). Made the game a little more challenging, since I had to rely on my demons hard to do damage.

Good on you then

First run was on war and I had next to no macca due to inflated cost. After first run I just grinded DLC because it's fun if you don't overdue it

Iktf
I've had the same demons since Vishnu Flynn

How does tteosted Tokyo work compared to normal dungeons?
Are the fiends super boss level or are Satan/YHVH harder
Massacre route btw

>he can't be strong with or without friends
laffin

Never mind, I'm an idiot. All I had to do is change the formation in a way only one of the bosses could hit me. Round 2 with Ouroboros caught me off guard, so I had to restart the fight with Uzume persona prepared, though.

They actually aren't that hard. They begin getting hard after the 3rd or so run. Really sucks because they don't drop the unique weapons till the 3rd run which takes some time getting to

OH SHIT BOYS SEGA IS DOING SOMETHING
youtube.com/watch?v=y50nAoA5KwY

If I have Null Element on a party member in DDS2 will that trigger Seth to spam Almighty/insta-kill?

Should I bother going to 3rd if I'm doing a magic build?

what did they mean by this?

Oh shit Sega is making eyes

inb4 VR peripheral for the Switch

If you don't get burnt out

hooooo, wtf did that all mean. new console? new robot eyes with puyo puyo built in? sega swirl 2?

Twisted Tokyo is like any Domain. Randomly created, Fiends are at 2F, 5F, 9F, 14F, 20F, 27F, 36F, and 46F (with DLC Fiend being at 57F), you need keys that are randomly found on that floor for the Fiend fight floors, there are healing points after each fiend that require you to have a certain amount in a stat to use (I don't remember the actual stat values, though I think they're on Gamefaqs).

The Fiends aren't very difficult unless you start doing more and more cycles (and even then, if you have the patience to grind up, they're not too difficult). The main thing is that the Fiends after 10 turns kick you out, though they keep the same amount of HP when you fight them again (unless they start blinking red, in which case, they heal just enough to stay out of red for the next encounter). So really for the first few cycles your endurance will be put to your test, though starting fifth or sixth cycle the Fiends really do start hitting hard. En no Ozuno on the first cycle is very hard to kill in 10 turns and he gets ridiculous on later cycles. Your progress in TT will carry over to NG+.

I'd only really do a lot of cycles if you really like the game and can stand how they did Domains.

wtf is this sega: the movie

Damn. I'm having a bit of a problem SMT General, please help me out.

Basically I've been listening to Life will change, Rivers in the desert and the opening theme a lot. In fact I've even taken up dancing. Since Persona 5's release I've lost 15 pounds.

Naturally, that's a good thing. I look and feel great. But therin lies the problem. I've become addicted to dancing, as well as Persona 5's ost. I've danced so much my thighs have become tight, as in the muscles are so tight it causes my thighs and feet pain. I do some stretches to relive them but since I wind up dancing at least 4-5 times a day it just gets worse again.

It's completely stopped me from masturbating, I just dance instead. I dance for hours alone in my room, drenched in sweat with no regard for the pain. It feels so good, I think I'm getting an endorphin rush from it. Problem is sometimes I just start up without even knowing. One second I'm sitting down, the next second I'm dancing to Rivers in a desert. It's really starting to take a toll on me.

What do I do guys?

Kill your friends and devour their corpses.

Are you by chance Asian and sharing a room with someone?

rend
slaughter
devour your enemies
you cannot escape your hunger, warriors of purgatory