/acg/ - Armored Core General

We died for once edition.

Older bread: For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.
We can talk about Ace combat as well and puchi posting is fine too.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin: pastebin.com/z1bJS9gF
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially complete recommendation pastebin:
pastebin.com/Wjv8sukr

Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>Ask.

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>Ask.

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>Ask.

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI

Understanding Last Raven technical stuff.
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

AC Webm and Music collection download.
dropbox.com/s/eh12d8bhn4o5t3p/AC Webm.rar?dl=0#
dropbox.com/s/e43xmgrl76l9bpo/AC Music.rar?dl=0

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yel_NtKMLjU
soundcloud.com/systek_music/tracks
youtube.com/user/2emedanger/videos
youtube.com/watch?v=z-SKVL_1Nm4
youtube.com/watch?v=4Qv7IaxmjWg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>We died for once edition.
>for once

I still have the memory of when we didn't die, I suppose I'll cherish it for now

Bump.

it's the curse

Every time we finish out a thread, people get lazy (or don't locate the new thread) and end up letting the old one die.

this is why we died

It deserved to die with that post.

D A M N Y O U DenverCitySkies.

How many model kits do I need to buy in order to get AC 6, From? HOW MANY? TELL ME AND IT SHALL BE DONE.

I'm pretty sure that From doesn't make money on the model kits if you buy them in the US, since you're just buying already souls imported ones. From's already made their money, it's now retailers and secondhand importers that are profiting off the kits. If you want From to make money, you'd have to buy it firsthand directly from kotobukia on release.

Share pics of what you have though

This is the only one I have at the moment. I haven't started building yet, but I will tomorrow.

I might save up for the movie version of White Glint or buy the Aaliyah. Undecided on which one.

bump

guys plz

Bump

Kind of hard when there's really nothing new AC related to talk about.
I mean, I'm playing Metroid Prime Trilogy and Wolfenstein, I could talk about those

the sad part of a niche game like this, there isnt even fanstuff to talk about.

We can always talk about Wendy's girl doujins.

are any of those translated?

Or talk about best girl. But then again, this isn't /a/.

>this isnt /a/

exactly

For the record: wrong girl

Congrats, Raven. I admit defeat.

Vive la France.
We could talk about Frame Arms Girl and how terrible that last episode was holy crap somebody please lobotomize me.
There's also the option of playing VD. Games happen now and again.
I remember when you could leave a thread alone for five hours and it would be at the top of page 10.

>Frame Arms Girl

Since I didnt saw much anime this season because of university, I am doing marathons of most series right now that I have free time.

Is FAG good? or just yuri-slice of life using the skin of mecha musume?

It's pretty entertaining for a figma commercial show. The MC is fun, and the use of 3DGC is some of the best I've seen. Comfy slice-of-life comedy.

It's like a commercial with a couple instances of yuribait. It's not that great, but it's funny and entertaining enough to watch.
Until the last episode. The final battle sucks, the final form cliche looks retarded, and the final sequence is a travesty.
5/10 - Warau Salesman was a lot better and even had a mech in its last episode.

Ok, I will add it to my list.

ACxFAG when?

Not soon enough.

Do you guys think is ever going to be a thing? even if the next AC is a comercial succes?

Only in my dreams.

Alright /acg/. What AC pilot would you like to be on your side as a teammate. No 4th gen.

Hustler One

None, really.

Are there any confirmed qt AC pilots? We usually never see anyone's face.

Severin/Aegis from VD, At least I know he wont stab me on the back, and seems to be a really nice guy to merc around.

Mary Shelly providing sniper support fire dammit no 4th gen.

Probably that one quad shield vertical missile NPC in verdict day that guarded the tank.

I would go with Genobee, because he'll keep me safe with his edgy tactics.

Or maybe he'll just let you die while mumbling existentially.
>Our roles could have been so easily reversed...

>What AC pilot would you like to be on your side as a teammate

Crow, no question. The only AI that ever put up a decent, fair fight. Also, since I use a grounded quad, and he takes to the air, I feel we'd cover each others weaknesses well.

Both are best girl

Evangel.

considering how he leave his "friend/follower" Triturate completly alone once he goes mad with the whole dominant thing, I dont think he is a good choice.

Fine, then I pick ___you___

youtube.com/watch?v=yel_NtKMLjU

If FreQuency didn't make the soundtrack for the next AC and you could have any artist/band/dj/composer make the soundtrack for the next AC, who would it be?

You can choose up to two for a collaboration project.

I think I would choose Systek for the calm scenes of the game like the tinkering in the garage or chilling in the lobby while talking to people.

soundcloud.com/systek_music/tracks

And for the combat scenes of the game I would choose Danger for those experimental/aggressive tones that we're use to hearing in pre-4th gen AC.

youtube.com/user/2emedanger/videos

youtube.com/watch?v=z-SKVL_1Nm4

SebastiAn

At risk of crossing into /emugen/ territory I wonder if you all have a similar problem when emulating Armored Core: Nexus. Theres a mission where you get to go destroy a bunch of bioweapons (pic related) and the whole area has this weird heat haze looking effect. I get mad FPS slowdown there despite having relatively stable performance throughout the rest of the game. Anyone else encounter this and if so do you have a solution? Also why not post builds if you guys play this one?

It's probably has to do with the way the emulator handles fog effects. There's suppose to be a haze in the area but it's very light, you're probably seeing it messed up and it's tanking your performance.

Not sure if there's anything to get around it because PCSX2 doesn't have a whole lot of teaking settings. I know in the PSP emulator you can adjust how it handles transparencies and stuff.

Hiroyuki Sawano (Did the OSTs for Xenoblade X, Kill la Kill, Guilty Crown, Aldnoah.Zero, and a fuckton of other shit that would take a while to list off.) and Keichii Okabe (Did the OSTs for all of Yoko Taro's games, as well as a lot of work for the Tekken series, and other various tracks here and there for various games. Basically, let Okabe handle most of the background OST, like maps/menus, general mission BGMs, etc. and then have Sawano come in for major plot moments/cutscenes and boss BGMs.

Ahh, the classic Sawano drop.

youtube.com/watch?v=4Qv7IaxmjWg

I love how Aldonoah Zero is just >Armored Core 2: The Anime

Last one.

That moment when you realize a castle from aldonoah is similar to the answerer