/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we discuss Sonic games as well as the

entire franchise including cartoons and comics. Share art, music, talk about new

developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more!

/sthg/ #799 - Coke>Pepsi edition.

>Link CompilationSonic NewsDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

gamecrate.com/interview-takashi-iizuka-and-shun-nakamura-state-sonic-2017/16493
bumbleking.com/1268-2/
youtu.be/saXNI2E025M
sonicgear.org/GermanyPages/GermanItems.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

SLOW DOWN YOU RAT

FAST

5TH FOR FURRIES RUIN EVERYTHING

kek

Curious. Do you consider Sonic OCs in the furry category, or it's own thing?

New comic announced from senpai and abt.

"Drogune". Comics confirmed dead if they both have time for an entirely new comic?

They've been dead for almost a year now.

Looking kinda Skies of Furcadia there

Here is a few tidbits on Forces. I don't want to spoil too much, but here it is.

Infinite is an aggressive species of Wisp called "Wasp".

Shadow is working for Eggman because Infinite has captured Rouge, by Eggman's request.

Chaos is working for Eggman because the Doctor promised him the world's water. (Yes, it's that ridiculous.)

Blaze doesn't appear, but is mentioned at least once.

Omega also doesn't appear, but he is not mentioned at all.

Classic Sonic is in Modern Sonic's universe because his chaos emeralds brought him there.

The custom hero does go super -- in a way. He doesn't turn gold like Classic and Modern Sonic, but still has the golden aura.

And these are a few new zones that are in the game. I'm only going to list three:

Downpour Canyon Zone.
Egg City Zone.
Chaotic Industrial Zone.

And three bosses: (Not necessarily connected to the levels.)

Egg Caravan.
Zazz.
Egg Viper. (Yup, the same one from Adventure. It's WAY larger than the original, though.)

Well since they're Sonic OCs I would categorise them as Sonic.

Provide proof

This sounds garbage.

Coke and Pepsi taste the same

Not Sonic related.

>Infinite is an aggressive species of Wisp called "Wasp"

that's so stupid it's believable

MARBLE GARDEN RIGHTFUL BADNIK CLAY

Not that user but they're part of the furry, or at least anthro, spectrum imo.

>"Wasp"
I almost want to believe this. Is it pronounced the usual way?

There are no Multiple stories in Forces but the cutscenes will be similar to SA2

Sonic comics are comatose, Archie canceled Flynn's jughead comic. So they may as move on. Good for them.

If you mean the bug, then yes.

Will have to keep an eye out for this. Link to the announcement?

>Infinite is an aggressive species of Wisp called "Wasp".
I hate how stupid this is, so stupid that Iizuka would believably do it.

Did we ever talk about this?

gamecrate.com/interview-takashi-iizuka-and-shun-nakamura-state-sonic-2017/16493

>As you're playing as classic Sonic or modern Sonic or the customizable hero avatar character, the unifying trend through all this gameplay and the reason we are having you play all these different types of games, it sort of goes all the way back to Sonic Adventure 2, and having the story being told from different perspectives. So as you're playing as modern Sonic you're going to hear part of this bigger story from the perspective of modern Sonic. Then you'll play as classic Sonic and you'll get classic Sonic's part of the story. And when you put it all together it's going to tell this epic tale of what's been going on.

>Coke and Pepsi taste the same.

Looks like Ian is making the Skies of Arcadia comic he always wanted to make

bumbleking.com/1268-2/

>Archie canceled Flynn's jughead comic
Wait, didn't he literally just get put on that?

Iizuka is in the US though. I'd bet his influence rubbed off on Sonic Team and "Wasp" is their idea to be honest.

It's crazy that we can say that something that Ian and Adam both worked on isn't sonic related. RIP.

Hope we see them get to work on game-related stuff like Hesse.

>SA2
So you have to switch between the three as you play Forces.

He got to do two whole issues before they cancelled it.

What a loser

I personally don't mind Avatar but Classic is just going to be a chore. At least we'll have pretty graphics to look at.

>furcadia

Jeez, being Ian is suffering.

>Classic is just going to be a chore
Says you.

Need proof.

They aren't talented like Hesse. Abt is a mediocre artist and Ian is a mediocre writer

Yep. It might not be utter shit but it's underwhelming compared to the other styles available. I'm also not a fan of how heavy Classic Sonic feels in Generations and it looks to be the same way in Forces.

>#the turn out for both games all over was amazing#we hope that those of you who tried them really liked the games#but the road moves onward as we march closer to release day#both teams are hard at work so you can play these games really soon#because fun is infinite

From the official tumblr.

I think we'll see some more Archie talent picked up by Sega in the near future. Things are certainly moving and I don't think that Sega agrees with your sentiments

INFINITE CONFIRMED

>they conveniently only posted the pic of the Sonic Mania board with all the rewards and not the Forces side
lol

SoA maybe.

True. Ian's already written two episodes of Boom & with Heese being brought along to do Mania shit, I can see more Archie talents being brought in for other stuff in the future.

Meh, both games got an award, so it's not that big a deal.

Who let Coke-esports in?

I posted this before, but no one seemed to care. Lemme try again.

youtu.be/saXNI2E025M

Is this Eggman's VA or something?

Nope. Just one of our anons who does a pretty great Eggman impression.

Sounds like Nolan North to me.

Everything sounds good, senpai.

Classic Sonic feels boring compared to the other playstyles. Plus if it's like Generations the physics are going to be awkward as hell and definitely not fun after after playing Mania

Sounds solid to me.

Ugh. Why did they put humans in Sonic X again?
To make kids imagine that they could be in chris' shoes? Guess what -- it doesn't fucking work.
It'll Never work, it's a waste of time and animation putting in these mary sue cock suckers who are boring and outright two dimensional.

>Ugh. Why did they put humans in Sonic X again?
Because humans were in the games.

It was an adaptation of the Adventure games you mong, and Sonic always had human characters to some degree, even if it was only Robotnik in the first game

As SCENERY. Not a part of the main plot.
Robotnik was the token human because he captured animals to use in his machines.
The rest of the humans are in no way interesting or even McGuffin worthy of enhancing gameplay or plot.

Humans in Sonic was always a thing, but god, the humans in X were so fucking boring. And Chris had far more screen time than he should've gotten.

Chris ruins every scene he is in.

Nah, Chris was best boy.

see

Prove it.

because adventure takes place in the human world. sonic X even shows us how they got there

He looks like Sora from Gaydom Hearts.

I'm fine with nameless background humans just as I'm fine with nameless background furries.
I prefer the way the Archie reboot did it, and had them living among each other.

It was still games about Sonic living in the human world, running around cities and shit.

Adventure 2 literally opens with him on the run from humans after being arrested by them, so yes they did have a role in the plot.

Why would you expect the anime adaptation to not have human characters in the cast? Especially because it's the easiest way to explain/connect the characters to things in the real world

sonic 2 has three whole characters. how can one of them be token anything?

YEAH BUT...

Fine. But tell me honestly if you really enjoyed Sonic X or not.
Then tell me if you would like Sonic X... without Sonic.

I literally bought a sub the moment I heard Ian was on it, and those would be the first issues of Jughead I've bought since I was a kid.

What the fuck Archie?

it's wrong to do that because they're mixing up the worlds

From where I got the pictures, Germany seemed like they advertised it with him for quite a bit.

sonicgear.org/GermanyPages/GermanItems.html

After drawing fan art of the last OC to cause a shitstorm I couldn't NOT do it plus they're really fucking cute

I'll finish the rest later, the heat has drained me.

Sonic Boom 2 when?

Fuck off with that retarded Iizuka bullshit.

good shit

>Fuck off with that retarded Sonic Team bullshit
ftfy

Naka always said the entire series took place on Earth back when he was head of Sonic Team.

I don't like it either way but that is the reason and it's perfectly valid

both statements are true

Damn, looks like I was born in the wrong country

Now that I think about it, picking a hyena means this laugh is viable and all the more cute
Nice

RoL 2? The company that made it is dead.

Yeah, well he also said Super Tails and the Super Emeralds were canon.

Wait a minute. Have they retconned humans from the Sonic series or something? I've always imagined characters like Sonic and humans living together on the same planet from the very beginning. It wasn't until the Adventure games and onwards they shifted their attention and started including more characters (background characters, but still).

Up until Iizuka became head of Sonic Team, Naka would say that the entire series had taken place on Earth. Once Iizuka became head of Sonic Team during Free Riders and Colors, he started pushing this two worlds bullshit, where there's Earth and Sonic's world, and they're connected through magic mumbo jumbo bullshit.

BOTH
STATEMENTS
ARE
TRUE

Sounds fucking stupid. So there's some sort of "device" according to him that allows Sonic and characters like him to travel to the human world and vice versa? Is it something he has elaborated more on or is he merely pulling out his ass? Why the change from Naka's vision?

OK then, let's get ready to do this.

...Please don't ruin Chaos for me. He's my favorite. Please Forces? He was only ever a villain because all his little chao buddies got trampled into blue pudding by warmongering echidnas. Don't make him lame.