/indie/ - Indie and Obscure Games General

Last Thread : >What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, OneShot, Age of Decadence, Machinarium, DashBored, Vampire of the Sands, Braid, Limbo, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, Burrito Galaxy, Gone Home, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles. Absorbed the /lite/ general some time ago.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indie and miscellaneous games, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/650670/Grimoire__Heralds_of_the_Winged_Exemplar/
homeworksalesman.wikia.com/wiki/Enchanting
store.steampowered.com/app/542560/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

why do you insist on using that spider for OPs

ded

Not if we take care!

So can I present a few games?

Can I talk about RPGmaker games here? Just finished The Grey Garden and wanted to say that it was enjoyable enough, even if the gameplay was kinda boring. Though that one scene in the bonus room did bother me quite a bit.

>Can I talk about RPGmaker games here?

Considering how recurring OneShot discussion is, yeah I'm pretty sure you can.

How's The Grey Garden? I wanted to play it because it looked cute, but apparently it's also gory and has loli buttsex.

i wish rpgmaker would show up in the humble bundles again ;__;

There wasn't any buttsex. Most of the gore isn't very radical, it's mostly lot's of blood loss when someone gets wounded after battle. I'd say give it a try, though it would be a good idea to play Mogeko Castle beforehand if you'd like to know what the weird yellow creatures are.

How do I force myself to play games that I think I will enjoy? I have OneShot sitting in my library since it's release, but for some reason I'm reluctant to play it and play games that I have very low expectations for instead.

>Can I talk about RPGmaker games here?
Considering this general started on OFF and LISA, yes, obviously.

Just do it. Start the game up without thinking about it. Hit the button to begin a new game right away.

You know...

I think the pawns in Rimworld all deserve to die.
>lots of survival meals ready
>nope, better eat that raw meat

>got into absolver beta
>too busy playing AoD
I should do another run of underrail too at some point
that was 90 hours of fun
would have to figure out a good magic build though

Hello

>can't play good vidya because you are too busy playing other good vidya

You know, now that I think about it this is a very nice problem to have.

Which race, /indie/?

Full human party, naturally. What kind of question is this?

Go for HUMAN.

>considering being a subhuman

Do you have to side with Varro in AoD? I'd rather not betray Gaelius but I'm not seeing any option to report Varro

no wonder /indie/ is dead, everyone in it has shit taste

Nah, you will have to choose who to side with after you've done a couple of quests for him. Varro's a much better bro than Darista though.

How Leonar, Drake and Wolfin look like? Asking for a friend

Top right is Wolfin. No idea what the other two look like, I haven't played the demo and there are no screenshots of them

>you will have to choose who to side with after you've done a couple of quests for him
ah nice, thanks
>Varro's a much better bro than Darista though.
I suppose, but Darista's way of thinking isn't wrong. Meanwhile Varro just wants to save his own skin at any cost it seems

Selara looks like a Leonar
What the fuck Darriat is?
Also all portraits look in general a bit derpy but that's not a big deal

think hes a Barrower

and yeah youre right, she is a Leonar

>all those options
>no lich

God fucking damn it. Is it at least possible to become a necromancer?

I don't think "lich" is a race in most fantasy settings, it's mostly one of the states of being a conscious undead

But then again, "vampire" usually isn't a race either but it's on the list

what's dis

a dungeon crawler made by an insane perfectionist neckbeard

store.steampowered.com/app/650670/Grimoire__Heralds_of_the_Winged_Exemplar/

any news on the price?
looks like it'd be a good gift for some of my autistic friends
and myself

>Get email
>New Humble Bundle
>Roguelikes
>Ooo this is going to be good
>Mobile
ruined

Mobile games are the future!

it cost $20 for a copy in the indiegogo campaign, so I'd assume somewhere around there

Is ARK /indie/?
I keep getting rekt.

Well that's not wrong. Both are pragmatists, just in different ways. But I don't know, not even Hamza is happy with the direction Darista is taking the guild, nor are most of the other guild members by the sound of it.

It's a slight disappointment of mine, but I would have loved it if didn't almost always came down to choosing between Maadoran and Ganezzar guilds, since in most cases I prefer the folks back in Teron.

>not even Hamza is happy with the direction Darista is taking the guild
well he also mentions he can't really argue since things are going well
Just ended up finishing the game and staying true the guild. Only quests left in my log are the library, temple, and map. I assume you're supposed to do this stuff on the right character before finishing your main quest line right? Since I already got my little epilogue screen telling me how things went down in the end. Ended up really enjoying my first play through once I got out of the first town. Not sure if I should go for a loremaster next since it seems to be the only way to get any insight on these "gods" and demons.

newshit darkest dungeon player here again. so im on week 5 and i have 8 heroes ready to go. one party is level 2, the other is 0. should i upgrade my level 0 group and send them into some low level dungeons, or continue on my higher level party and do progression?

i guess im asking how i should balance my entire roster's individual character level? should i try to keep them all around the same leve and constantly send new members into low level dungeons to catch them up?

Wrong thread. The russian roulette general is elsewhere.

First off, be prepared to grind.
Second, yeah. Have them all leveled, otherwise, every time you'll lose an hero, you'll get really annoyed.

Temple and map quests are basically the same, and the temple is where you usually finish the game, but yep, the library should be done before that if you have the right build for it.

Loremaster for me is a weird one, since they don't really have a faction, but it's the easiest way to do every important lore thing in one go once you know what you are doing. But the one true skill combo is lore/crafting, and it's something you can comfortably do even with a combat character. Crafting is extremely useful for combat builds, and lore basically pays for itself with how many of the explorable areas and their quests are hidden behind lore/craft skill gates. It will not get you everything, but it's still a good middle of the road option.

I don't use mobile sadly

grind is fine with me. thank you for advice.

Damn it Humble

What background/build would you recommend for a 2nd play through then? Thief would be too much like Assassin and I'll leave Mercenary for the 3rd playthrough as another combat build

Any other indie games similar to this? Good Final Fantasy Tactics-style RPGs? I've already played Divinity OS

anyone play dungeon rats? looks like its by the same people that did age of decadence, perhaps even set in the same universe?
dungeon rats is currently on sale on gamersgate for $6.75.
the game looks pretty neat. anyone have any input about it? im considering pullin the trigger on it, especially for only 7 dollars.

Is there any indie dev more pure?

Don't worry about that, it won't be ever released.

Veeky Forums here, that is clearly a lamia.

That is Shadow Tactics, yes?

Styg, probably. How pure are talking about here?

You should definitely play it, but be sure to not get too attached. You might end up regretting it like I did.

Yes.

I'm dicking around hardcore in this game. I love stealth games and RTSes so I'm in heaven.

I think the throwing star ninja is my favorite because if you trigger multiple attacks quickly enough you can even kill 2 guards facing each other before either gets a shot off.

Styg has probably killed innocent people

Sorry, I've been busy.
But thanks for still posting the chart.

Anything else I should add, or any upcoming games from E3?

Maybe it'll get hit by all the summer sales that should be coming soon.

Well that's just a popular serbian pastime, can't blame him for that.

that game has some really comfy looking screenshots. i also really like edo. how is that game? worth the price? you say its a mix of RTS/stealth?

What about Blade Strangers?

>worth the price
Yeah, but I'd just wait for the summer sale at this point.
>how is the game
You control 5 different characters simultaneously with different abilities and stealth profiles.

There's swimming, grappling, hiding in shit, leaving trails of footprints in the snow, using bird calls and thrown sake bottles as lures for traps, throwing stones to distract or trigger animal kills, dropping shit on people, throwing shit on people, bombs, disguises, basically think of a stealth gameplay element that isn't turret hacking and this game has it.

There's also the ability to stock an action on up to all 5 characters at once and have all 5 execute the action simultaneously, which combined with multiselect and the game's ability to stock commands so you'll execute the next inputted command after the one your character is locked into the animation of completes gives you A LOT of freedom. If I want to have 2 characters scale a wall together and then have one shoot a samurai to stun him while the other goes in for the kill, meanwhile my 3 other guys assassinate people from bushes, I can.

Also, as far as I can tell there isn't unintended cheese. AI in this game is exactly as smart as they want it to be. Guards will patrol in groups, notice other guards are missing, keep their head on a swivel, and if they aren't supposed to leave a spot they won't leave that spot. It's really refreshing to play a stealth game that isn't 100% cheese the AI or spam teleport.

sounds pretty neat.
>There's also the ability to stock an action on up to all 5 characters at once and have all 5 execute the action simultaneously, which combined with multiselect and the game's ability to stock commands so you'll execute the next inputted command after the one your character is locked into the animation of completes gives you A LOT of freedom. If I want to have 2 characters scale a wall together and then have one shoot a samurai to stun him while the other goes in for the kill, meanwhile my 3 other guys assassinate people from bushes, I can.
do you mean you can pause combat or just queue up abilities like you can in an infinity engine games/stuff like pillars of eternity etc.

Hat in Time is slated for September now.

I got it but never used it
Maybe try Wolf RPG maker?

Wheres the half-fae-catboy

>buy Immortal Redneck
>shoot several enemies with shotgun
>killing doesnt feel satisfying at all
>instant uninstall and refund

You cannot pause combat.

If you click shift the screen darkens and you're able to preselect 1 command per character (go to/kill/pick up/place/use/etc)

Afterward you can either hit 6-0 to trigger the command for a particular character or enter to trigger the commands for all characters. In either case, the triggered characters will walk to wherever they need to be to trigger the command and then perform it.

During none of this is the game paused. It's designed to give you the ability to create complex actions through multiple actors that a single character couldn't perform.

Say a noble was in a courtyard with 2 snipers watching him, a pair of guards at the inner gate, a trio of samurai on his ass, and a servant wandering to and fro waiting on them you could have one character chat up the servant to lock them out of the action, 2 characters dropkill the snipers from the rooftops, a 4th character blow up the noble and his samurai guards with a grenade from a nearby bush all while the character you control directly bursts through the inner gate and immediately performs an AoE slash to wipe out both guards.

Although, bear in mind that just because the game gives you several characters to work with doesn't mean you have to use them.

This is a very high freedom game if you know what you're doing.

I hear Regalia_Of_Men_And_Monarchs is even more like FFT than Tactics Ogre, a game made by literally the same people who made FFT.

>vamphyr
what the hell

Which is most fun for shipwrecked?

I tried a webber run but died against the sealnado (it was the first time i had fought it, i underestimated its attack range)

Hey, someone else was playing Homework Salesman? Did you manage to beat the pedo witch yet? She keeps curbstomping me, so I think I need to train up my blacksmithing until I can make steel weapons.

Got the game on the backburner at the moment, I was trying Pointless out again. I tried to kill Dex, the dynamite guy a zillion times, but keep coming up short. I think I'll just cheat and download a save where he's already killed.

Also, did they fix all the bugs from Expedition Viking? I wanted to knock some skulls with some norse waifus, but I heard the game came out really buggy.

Male human + Monstergirl waifu harem of course

oh shit

game is called Alvora Tactics, by the way. It's a really underrated tactical RPG with ~25 or so different classes, dual classing, and environmental interaction

I beat that weird witch. Took only 2 tries, but I spent a lot of time grinding resources to raise the crafting skills.

Steel weapons are equivalent to +3 atk, and I have yet to find steel armors. Make of that what you will. Upgrading will get you more stats faster, as long as you pick the right item to upgrade. Hide, Acolyte Robe, etc. Not sure if Eagen is worth upgrading, though.

Do NOT underestimate cover. Xebec has it for a reason.

You're at the point where you can spend potions like they're water. equip Eagen with 10+ potions to have 3-4 solid party heals.

Wet enemy+Concentrate+50mp Thunderstorm=dead things

Consider learning new skills/spells. There's an aoe healing spell, and the weapon teacher at the dojo has some actual dps abilities for your party. Get Eagen a TP move, at least.

Now can YOU tell ME if you have those enchanting gems figured out? I can't observe measurable differences from these effects.

noted

>>Now can YOU tell ME if you have those enchanting gems figured out? I can't observe measurable differences from these effects.

Were you asking about the critical enchantment? According to the wiki, it increases the rate at which you crit, not the crit damage.

homeworksalesman.wikia.com/wiki/Enchanting

desu, that wiki doesn't make a lick of sense to me.

I don't know how enchantment level affects the enchantment, what a higher level elemental enchantment does, where the calculations for crit/evade rates are affected by enchantments, etc.

Oh, I haven't had a chance to mess around with enchantment, but I figured it was straightforward.

>Fire 1 = low fire damage
>Fire 2 = medium fire damage
>Fire 3 = high fire damage
Stuff like that.

>dropping shit on people, throwing shit on people
So it's like ARK, you invade someone else's house and shit on his bed.

Expedition... soon?

store.steampowered.com/app/542560/

Playism published a new game and for free.
Looks to be a mix of comic and TCG.

Ori sequel
Serious Sam twinstick shooter

Ski Free.
Bomber!

Dead again, eh?

Age of Decadence is really stomping on my balls as a fighter.

Just get learned on how to make stuff deader.

What's the best survival between Rust, Space Engineers, ARK and Subnautica?

Thief is actually very different from Assassin, it can be finished with no combat whatsoever if you play your cards right. I think my final body count was 6 or something like that. The skills it needs are
>lockpick
>sneak
>thievery
>traps
>impersonate
>persuasion
>streetwise

And maybe a very little lore (about 3 or so), but you can get some of that for free as training. In fact you can get shitloads of training with that questline.

I'd save loremaster for the last, because that's the background that needs the most metaknowledge to get the most out of.

I thought traps was exclusively disarming traps. I was pleasantly surprised when I blew some jerks the fuck up.

Talking about mogeko, isn't he making some weird manga about rape and torture or something? I need to go read it.

At first I was disappointed when it didn't allow me to threaten the noble brat for giving me a bomb, but then in the end it was worth it.
>[Traps]Give Neros the package and slowly take a step back.

Fucking gold.

I really really like the grey garden. Yes the battles are a joke but everything else is just so good. I want more games or other media set in that world because the lore and character interaction is great.
It is a cute walking sim with many likable characters and a fascinating creation mythos.

>the battles are a joke
... and?

Fuck, they're blocking my path.

Why did they even come up here? They could hit that crossbow man just fine from below...

>Just, like, make dead

>Age of Decadence
>"You offer another sacrifice to Death, who smiles upon you and rewards your dedication by whispering insights into your ear - 2 combat skills gained."

>Warband
>"Polearm mastery raised to 56."
That's needelessly verbose but I like it. It reminds me of Fallout and the fun texts you'd get when punching a guy in the crotch.
It was something like "Mercenary take a shotgun slug in the balls and fall down, crying like the little bitch he is" or something like that.