/hg/ 本田

Honda General
>4th/5th gen edition

Toyota Sister Thread
Honda Chassis Codes
superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1312-honda-chassis-code-checklist/

Zee maps
zeemaps.com/map?group=2347137

Bump the thread if you see this at page 10.

Vids:
>Squeaky CM5
youtube.com/watch?v=vSmx8ZllxdM

>How to fix belt squeak
youtu.be/AEUe6uKxTv8

>Thread theme
youtu.be/hi6tn6sdpVA?t=19m40s

>S2k Quirks
youtube.com/watch?v=B4iz-VVap1w&t=0s

>RSX Type S
youtube.com/watch?v=lBsPEiiWKbI

>Manual Legend
youtu.be/yfVn134HBbI

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/94-eg-hatch/6333495559.html
youtube.com/watch?v=4PdDI2swEaw&t=2567s&list=PLfnwgEwZIOv4Qik5Q585dFOsAj7-5NHIP&index=21
youtube.com/watch?v=_VdpBKH_5lw
youtube.com/watch?v=hvxzUKi2C9E
washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/d/1992-honda-civic-vx-hatch-5/6333401433.html
youtu.be/8NiJoZadQI4
orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/d/2006-honda-accord-ex/6314635980.html
youtube.com/watch?v=CUX0m6LoZcA
nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/one-owner-2003-honda-civic-si/6335576525.html
westernmass.craigslist.org/cto/d/95-honda-civic-hatchback-with/6326361850.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Current collage version

4th gen Accord, CB7 gang, waddup

>How does the collage work?
See pic related.

nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/94-eg-hatch/6333495559.html
>this is literally the cleanest hatch I've been able to find in over 2 months
>is a boi racer car
K i l l m e

I'm having an issue I hope one of you can help me with. The previous owner of my 92 Integra tried to wire in some HID headlights, and now I can't wire the stock headlights without them crashing.

>Use multimeter to test wire-Power
>Wire headlight to battery to test headlight-Power and light
>Wire headlight to wire-No Power
>Use multimeter to test wire again-No Power
>Flip headlight switch on then off-Power to wire again.

What do?

Sorry

Switch Off-On on that last bit.

I'm not super into Hondas, so I never understood why people swap LS's into their cars. Unless you're going turbo or doing an LSV build, what's the point? I'd rather have a single cam V.

I used to me a muh displacement guy, but I'm already over steering everywhere with the motherfucking K24 up front.

TL owner came in with a friend. I overheard his friend say "you just put ten [grand] into it."

Whether or not that includes the price of the car is unknown. But what is known is it's a Type S, auto, with 200k on the clock. It's worth like $4k, so he's at least $13k upsidedown if he got the transmission replaced.

What we found interesting was, if that included a big brake kit, they installed the callipers with the bleeders facing down.

Shit if he spent that much, he should just go ahead and manual swap. Give the suspension a more practical lift and it's perfect.

But if he did the calipers himself he's not very bright.

How much do you guys spend on your old Hondas?

I've recently bought a 90 prelude and I was a bit too naive when I was inspecting and now it needs about 2 grand worth of work before it's roadworthy.

Feelsbadman

>title status: missing
Worry

Did you remove the ballast?

1999 or older is no title here, just bill of sale, but still.

2k in parts alone?
I like to think I'm not gonna buy one part for my 93 civic more expensive than I bought the car for. ($700)

>go on 2chan to read up about new shit
2chan pls

Nah including labor because I can't do any of the big jobs myself

Maybe I should stop being a slack cunt and buy all the tools and parts and have a go

What happened to the other user with a 2g?

ayy lmao
who the fuck installed those, better ask him. Just ask when he got em, so it looks like you just have a keen eye on his upgrade
i just dropped 600$ on shocks and springs, but fucking ups want another $100 AFTER delivery and shipping costs
Fuck

I might have to pull you over for having quints, user.

never

Does this make you feel uncomfortable?

for just $3 (plus tax) lmao

U brave, I've got a mom who uses the curb as a guide, but she didn't smash her ride into a curb so i can't talk shit.

big ass windows lets me pull stupid shit

>Tfw big windows and rear bumper parallel to my rear window but still suck at hugging things.

It's a smol car so I don't really need to anyway.

anal prolapse exhaust tip lmao

>Yonaka owners

>not owning the best exhaust note

couldnt figure out what to do for this one
youtube.com/watch?v=4PdDI2swEaw&t=2567s&list=PLfnwgEwZIOv4Qik5Q585dFOsAj7-5NHIP&index=21

Das it mane

>charger vs Taurus look alike
Worst timeline desu

I did see a brand new Accord on the streets without plates, given it was neat a Honda dealer, I liked it but I can't un-see the charger once that user noticed it.

Yea haven't seen him for a while either

Meh

record the sound, pizza boi

CB7anon from awhile ago.

Car is still not finished, thanks to some people... But none the less, soon enough we will be moving it to another location to finish it since we have all the parts ready.

Honestly, I am probably just gonna keep this car going until I can buy another one with a nicer exterior. I mean I do want to do a repaint, but I don't know how to do a decent paintjob and I don't have the money to have one professionally done.

More specifically on the repaint, I got some exterior stuff to take care of, and if I'm gonna do that, I may as well repaint the car.

its the inside that matters, since thats where you'll be
do you have winter in your area?
if youre doing a lot of stuff for the exterior just save up while working on all the little things then spend for a worthwhile paint, maybe prime it yourself

>Do you have winter in your area
Lmao no. We barely ever get snow, and when we do, we don't salt the roads. (Thanks Oregon coast)

Well it's like, I got some rusted chip spots (otherwise there is no major rust anywhere else) and a few dents (from the previous owners) that I need to take care of.

Now don't get me wrong, I like the color of the car, but I'm afraid that when I do the dent repairs, I will have to repaint the car.

I will eventually. Kinda want a GoPro to stick to the back window under the spoiler to catch some sick audio.

Just got home and need to sleep soon. Gotta be up at 8 to finally go get the Lexus back from where we left it. My autistic co-worker is offering me his truck to tow it with but he has to join me.

Gonna be an awkward twelve hours of driving.

>Nihga Shingu Blogfagging Chronicles: 12 Hours of Autism Adventures Edition

I told him to let me drive so I have a better chance of surviving. That nigga can't drive very well.

>GoPro
external mic or bust

My LG V20 has a killer mic but there's no way I'm sticking that outside the car. Kek

youtube.com/watch?v=_VdpBKH_5lw
and dont forget the fuzzy tip
youtube.com/watch?v=hvxzUKi2C9E

No real insulation in the car so I bet I can just move my phone mount to the rear quarter window, pop the rear glass open, and get some good audio out of it.

is $2,200 too much to pay for a civic this old?
>washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/d/1992-honda-civic-vx-hatch-5/6333401433.html
It's 25 years old with 200k miles but it looks like it's been very well taken care of. How much longer could I expect this to run? With the mods this owner slapped on he might have been hooning it.

What's the joke here

Would have to see it in person and give it a thorough test drive to see. Those D15s that came in that trim are extremely low stress engines since they were built for max MPG. They last forever.

>tfw I used to be able to park in spots like this with no issue

How much can "forever" mean on an engine that's already got 200k+ miles on it?

And do you have experience with the top speed on these things? 180kmh? Appreciate your helpfulness

Turns out the issue with the Kia is the transmission is just old; driving it on the interstate made it weaker.

So I'm not doing that again.

I never faced that issue with my CB7 because it's transmission was already rebuilt, so it could last at least another 100,000 miles.

stop you madman.

I learned to do that and I've never been that close.

yeah I kinda see it.
I spent yesterday on 2chan. vehicles is exactly the fucking same as this board even down to the shitposting.

How easy is the S2000s low torque to live with daily?

I like revving high but I don't want to always have to. I don't like having to lug an engine on a chill, comfy drive

I guess I could just always rev high from a stop and fit a racing clutch

I don't drive in traffic though

youtu.be/8NiJoZadQI4

you'll be fine just reving up to 4 k in most of the time.

next level parking. glad Honda stuck to cute kei hatch's and made the none. I kinda want old transformers toys of the Honda City or a model kit of it. I'm about done with the sil80 kit.

>CVT only.

>Japanese market only.

REEEE.

This just gets better and better the longer it goes on. Please keep us well updated.

im considering a cm5 as my next daily but i wish i could get the facelift rear lgihts, those ase just sexy

>that old ass post
The facelift model is a nice car, but it costs some serious money to get a nice one or one with low miles from a dealer. I paid $5034 all said and done, and mine isn't even perfect.

>tfw no Honda Altima
orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/d/2006-honda-accord-ex/6314635980.html

>170hp
>27mpg
>5MT
i can find some sub250k km models for under 3.5k$, hopefullu grandma owned
im a toyota guy wanting an E100 but none exist in my area and toyotax is very real
>300k km
>all original
>still like new engine
>price is firm

On the road to get the Lexus and he's driving first. I offered but he'll pass the wheel to me when he's ready. Already went through one traffic jam from a wreck. Also spotted a new Camry on a trailer.

>Tfw Camry looks a little better but the Accord offers a manual

>sedan only
>Manual as option
I can't wait till the 9th gen Accords and shit hit the used market at a price I can afford.

>sedan only
whoops that's the 2018

W-what if they dropped the coupe so they can bring back the Prelude? One can dream.

I doubt they'd give us a good GT car like that in this age of CVTs.

Fuck a Prelude, I want the Integra brought back.

Yeah most likely. Though Honda is pretty hard to predict. Even the new CR-V has a manual option.

That too. Need a good car that is exclusively a coupe.

Pretty cool place for a kill-switch.

youtube.com/watch?v=CUX0m6LoZcA

Clever ass mexicans.

Picked up a b16a3 with 190k miles off of Craigslist recently with p30 Ecu,stock headers, alternator and harness for 860 did I do good

Sounds pretty good. I'd definitely give it a good refresh before throwing it in.

I can't even use this car to deliver pizzas!

>replace new O2 and A/F sensor
>still check engine light, p1164

Could it be the wires? Look at most wires and they have been cut for shit I don't even know. It's on an rsx btw.

You're not gonna lug an engine if you don't go full throttle in at low RPMs you autist

Not that user, but can't you lug an engine without going full throttle? Like shifting all the way up to 6th at 30mph for example.

>car used half a fucking tank full of gas just to drive under 70km
somethings wrong here

sadness™

Bought my first Honda
6th gen EJ9 with 52k miles the driver side window is stuck though it goes up and down a tiny bit but not fully

Nice.

Wut, that's fucking crazy. I wouldn't drive that again until it's fixed because you're pissing away money here senpai.

Took it to a transmission shop after work.
I told them what has going on and they suspect a clogged catalytic converter, which I've thought was a possibility.

One possible issue will cost me $400 and another will cost me at least $2,000, by my guesstimate.

gauge would drop near empty when idle but would climb when on throttle

nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/one-owner-2003-honda-civic-si/6335576525.html
>theres a fucking dong of a shifter sticking out of the dash
who the fuck thought this was a good idea

After driving one of these from the Acura dealership that I work at, and after driving several Lambos, Astons, and Ferraris. I can confirm that it is a rather nice car. Yet for the price, people with the money for one are looking for a badge, a status symbol. Not a Honda.

Pros
>Interior is nice, feels like an actual cockpit.
>Similar interior design to a Lamborghini.
>TTV6 sounds nice surprisingly, roars with a high redline in sport+ mode.
>Handles beautifully, electric hybrid powertrain sh-awd is excellent in corners.
>Exterior looks nice, lots of fake vents tho. The intercooler venting on the rear quarter looks cool and is functional.

Cons
>as said above there is a lot of useless plastic.
>Rear of the car is ugly as hell. Unused space with the bumper plastic. Makes the car look fat, not sleek.
>For the price, you only get a V6. While it does make very nice power, its still a small Honda V6. Similar situation as the new Ford GT, but less extreme.
>People aren't buying them, many just sit in showrooms collecting dust. My own GM plated one of two at our dealership and started DD'ing it. Up to 50k discounts on them too.
>As said above, people are looking for a badge for 180 grand, not a lowly Honda with an Accord V6.

It tries so hard to be a supercar, and while possessing the power to be one, it falls short. Nobody asked for an updated NSX, the old one was just a try hard Ferrari.

>I still love the original NSX, one of the best driving cars I've ever been in.

It didn't have a legacy, it didn't sit in history books. It lived it's life then everyone moved on.

>TL;DR New NSX is another tryhard supercar like it's grandfather that is still just a Honda.

this shit makes me wonder if they'll miss the point of the original s2k like the nsx if they ever make a new one
>inb4 the only similarities are a digital dash, convertible, and rwd

It depends. As long as it's above idle at that gear and if you wanna accelerate you gradually ease into the pedal.

westernmass.craigslist.org/cto/d/95-honda-civic-hatchback-with/6326361850.html

reeee I got excited only to find out its 120 miles each way.

Maybe your tank isn't sealed properly.

original nsx is slow as fuck

That's what, 3 maybe 4 hours of driving each way? Go get it.

It's more of a combination of it being $1800, 200k, needs a tie rod and being 2 hours each way than just being 120 miles away. If could jew him down, maybe but I don't know how much I could.