/twg/ - Total War General

13th Legion Edition

New Race Pack for TWWH1, New DLC for Rome 2 and other stuff:
totalwar.com/blog/what-the-teams-are-working-on-07-06-17/

Total War Warhammer 2 E3 Developer Interview - FREE FOR ALL, Magic, Campaign, Fortress Gate Battles:
youtube.com/watch?v=3sgjUxVPtY4

Total War Warhammer 2 E3 Developer Interview - Dragons, New Units, Geomantic Web, DLC Plans:
youtube.com/watch?v=t48El9jBvr0

Mazdamundi's Skill Tree/Misc Gameplay:
youtube.com/watch?v=sQkUBoGptGI

Articles on Warhammer 2:
polygon.com/2017/6/2/15724926/total-war-warhammer-2-e3-preview-hands-on
venturebeat.com/2017/06/02/segas-creative-asssembly-unveils-a-massive-new-world-for-total-war-warhammer-ii/
eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-02-everything-weve-learnt-about-total-war-warhammer-2

Lizardmen In-Engine Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=g3CmxjTFv_Y

Lizardmen and High Elf Roster Reveal:
youtube.com/watch?v=HVyRy3OUtKg
Text version:
totalwar.com/blog/lizardmen-army-roster/

High Elf Roster Reveal:
youtube.com/watch?v=BKMR08CpxCU
Text version:
totalwar.com/blog/high-elf-army-roster/

>Warhammer II
store.steampowered.com/app/594570/

Total War: WARHAMMER 2 – Announcement Cinematic Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=fXxe897bW-A

Total War: WARHAMMER 2 – Vision Dev Diary: youtube.com/watch?v=v6WW1Nc537g

>DEAD Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN (embed)
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

Campaign-posting and screenshot-sharing encouraged

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/6f4njh/compilation_of_all_tww2_new_information/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Remember that Christian retard who couldn't comprehend the concept of carbon dating?

Rock the boat!

I AM __________ AND _____________

Karl

Franz

I tried playing Empire again after almost a decade since I last tried it (ie when I bought it), but it's still pretty shit. The AI is awful, and the way difficulty is always created is by giving it unfair handicaps. Why the fuck do mughal peasants rout my cuirassiers after a charge that kills half their unit and loses no horses? How can inferior musketeers have more accuracy than guards?

Does anyone still play Shogun 2? I'd like to get into it, a multiplayer campaign sounds nice.

I mean you can always get into attila. people here seem to get into it way more. than shogun. though I don't play shogun 2 so idk. Maybe the multiplayer has the most people playing it.

Not everytime it seems. Though it ruffles my autism to make a separatist faction into a puppet state.

BEYOND YOUR COMPREHENSION

I would accept this if the general was a doom bull

CHIVALROUS

HIGH KING

ASININE

MORTAL

Remember that history grognard who couldn't comprehend the concept of monstrous units? Yeah, bet he got BTFO'd by the announcement of NO NEW HISTORICAL CONTENT UNTIL 2018!

I'll raise you

I'd rather not buy anything. I have an account with Empire that was bought in 2009, a friend gave me Shogun II and I was a beta tester for Rome II so I got it for free.

These are the games I'd rather play. Buying games these days is just an elaborate fleece, I was unfortunate enough that my first TW game was also the first where they tried to use the cancer that is DLCs.

I'm really trying hard to like Empire, but you're right. I'll take a look and possibly get Attila, multiplayer could make it worth it.

Handsome and fuckable

100% ASININE

CHIVALROUS

PHOENIX KING

I do, yeah. I like these games for their gameplay, I don't know why people have such a bug up their ass that a fantasy game got made, it's a good fit.

their are people who don't like it because it has major problems. their are also people who don't like it because they just hate fantasy

> it has major problems

Honest question: What are those?

Overall Warhammer is the least problem-riddled game in the Total War series I can think of besides maybe Shogun II.

As a hisfag i don't really mind Warhammer. I just wish it wasn't as dumbed down as it is. I imagine the "hardcore" complainers are the same people that liked to argue about undearm vs overarm hoplites in the past.

>who don't like it because it has major problems.
I didn't say the game was perfect, I'm talking about the people complaining about the concept of a fantasy Total War game.

This guy is not someone I'm referring to, in fact I agree with him that I wish the game wasn't as dumbed down as it is.

look at the past thread near the end.
or better yet look at the replies to this post

I guess there's no Varg candidate

ah okay then. sorry about that. I also agree with that.

This list should be cleaned up by omitting all of the god-specific LL's.

Been out of the loop, has Warhammer 2 had anything interesting announced or has it just been "hey it exists, there are lizard people"?

plz no bully reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/6f4njh/compilation_of_all_tww2_new_information/

I don't understand Shogun 2. It was really fun playing through my first Takeda campaign, but because it was so conflict heavy all I really got to play with were samurai & some pretty pointless cav before it was over.

Now I'm trying Shimazu because I want to play with guns but all I'm doing literally nothing every single turn whilst I wait for the tech and it feels stupid as shit. Like I have the power to take the whole of Japan and win straight away, but instead I'm just sitting on my arse until I have fun gun units even though I'll be getting them way later then they were about in history.

I took this screen shot a few turns ago and I'm currently on 127,000 gold with nothing to spend it on. Really feels like I should have access to a way of boosting tech speed with money.

I'm not really going to complain about having everything in one place, even if I don't care for that place. Unless it was a "news" site.

Dumb question, from what I'm reading, there will only be 4 new factions and those are Lizard/High Elf/Dark Elf/not announced?

And there will be another new faction for Warhammer 1 as pre-order DLC? Which I find odd, since this is being sold as a stand alone game, so if you wouldn't be able to use pre-order DLC unless you own Warhammer 1?

And Skaven are not mentioned anywhere, except on the logo there are runes? So they're the likely runners for the fourth race?

Rate my hard Satsuma Republic Stats
Not bad for my second FotS campaign
Going Republic fucking sucks

QUICK

1. Favorite Total War Unit
2. Favorite Total War Title
3. Favorite Total War Faction
4. Favorite Total War Color scheme
5. Favorite Total War Mechanic you want back in the next games

Something to keep us entertained here!

>Iceni Chariots
>Total War: Attila
>The Empire of Sigmar
>Carcassone
>Siege battles that have multiple gates and siege objectives

1. dismounted noble knights
2. Total War: Medieval 2
3. Dwarfs
4. blue???
5. idk

During the E3 streams the CA guys were openly calling Skaven an urban legend. They're in, but we've no idea how long they'll put this facade up.

1. Yari Ashigaru
2. Warhammer
3. Milan
4. Byzantine Purple
5. Nothing really stands out that isn't already there

1. MARAUDER HORSEMEN!
2. BEYOND YOUR COMPREHENSION!
3. NORSCA
4. BLACK AND RED
5. 6 SLOTS TO A SETTLEMENT, asinine mortal

I just hope they're not the pre-order race, Chaos was so fucking lacking I still can't believe it.

>I hope you're not christian

I am

>Dismounted feudal knights
>Medieval 2
>Med2 England
>Black and gold: HRE, Aizu, Chosu
>Provincial buildings, ala Empire/Shogun2

>Demigryph Knights
>Depends on how I'm feeling
>England
>Roman Red
>Population, among others that they keep removing for some reason

Do you understand carbon dating?

>FRANZ
>FRANZ
>FRANZ
>FRANZ
>FRAAAAAAAAAANZ

meant for obviously

Remember that guy who came on his mom's pillow and his dad told him if he were to die or otherwise be gone he wanted him to fuck his own mother because it would be loving?

Anyone have that saved?

dude.... this is not total war related

It is /twg/ related.

>Royal Marines (FoTS)
>Empire
>WRE
>British red
>Region trading, or possibly city view

really makes you think

The year is 246 BC, or 507 AVC. A season past, the great statesman and general Lucius Aemilius Papus, responsible for the protection of Italia, annexation of Sicily and Carthage, and several times Consul of the Republic, has died a natural death at the ripe old age of 70. Despite dozens of decisive military victories, Rome finds itself in a dire position. To the north, the Gaulish barbarians of the Boii and Arverni push against the Alps in the province of Insubria, with few legions to dedicate to her defense, Roma has befriended the neighbouring Hellenic Massalians. To the West, despite the humiliating loss of their capital, or "Qart Hadasht" in their sickening language, the vile Punics maintain a firm grip on most of Hispania, either through direct control or Spaniard tributaries. With immense wealth collected from their many remaining sea ports, they continue to maintain great hordes of uncivilized, beast like men to populate their armies. In the sprawling deserts of southern Africa, there exist several semi-nomadic tribes, undoubtedly bribed by Punics to wage war against us. Before his death, Q. Aemilius Papus managed to establish a vassal desert tribe in the provincial capitol of Capsa, men more than capable of fighting and guiding us through the seemingly never ending dunes. To the East, the Epirotes stand as a friend and trade partner, though they have been reluctant in establishing a fully fledged alliance, perhaps due to the sheer number of Rome's enemies. Indeed, the Pharaonic Alexandrian Ptolemaioi, with their numberless charioteers, had joined the Punics in their feeble attempt to stop us from claiming what should be ours. The most influential man in the republic, Marcus Aemilius Bibaculus, son of the great Quintus Aemilius Papus, is looked upon by all. Some believe he will live to surpass the magnificence of his father, while others fear that he will bring about their utter destruction. Rome must, and will remain unconquered.

Do the Skaeling or Bjornlings have any memes, or is it just Surtha Ek forever?

What's their names again?

l*zards

Since Surtha Ek is the Varg leader, and Felman Ingersson is the Skaeling leader, and those are the two Norscan factions unless you play as Chaos, they both share the same stock of memes. Nothing aside from what you're asking though.

HOLA SKEENKS

Trolls in that pic always look like their dang doodle noodle is flopping around.

A season has passed, and the enemies of Rome begin to pounce. A Punic fleet "graces" Sardinia with their presence, though it is not known whether or not they will begin a full scale invasion. As the 1st Legion retreats from the seaside town of Thapsos to replenish their numbers in Sicily, a tribal army enters the province, surely with the intent to recapture Carthage for their Punic overlords. The 3rd Legion, currently stationed in Carthage will destroy them utterly, pathetic fortifications or not.

Bjornlings die, Skaeling is just Surtha Ek's twin brother that no one notices or mistakes for Surtha Ek. The only thing meme worthy about Bjornlings is that they might get away with razing one or two settlements before a greenskin or dwarf player manages to take notice and when that happens they get their asshole fisted, like if Vlad the impaler skewered someone but started at their mouth and used his fist instead of a sharp stick.

yes

I don't understand this meme however

1. Warrior Monks
2. Shogun 2 / Attila / Medieval 2
3. Republic of Venice
4. Red
5. Trade resources that actually matter i.e. you can't build certain buildings without the resource.

Po'r Faevr and Mricoan

>i.e. you can't build certain buildings without the resource

But this is in Attila, or do you mean they removed it in Warhammer?

A while back there was a christian poster who would try to start theological arguments.

>removed it
I don't understand this reasoning

Warhammer still has resources but i don't recall ever needing them for any buildings or units.

It's a real shame that the campaign map element in warhammer are so neutered, it's a great game otherwise.

the DLC will be available on the combined map campaign which you'll have access to if you have warhammer 2. you just wont have access to tww1 races, so by preordering without tww1 you'll have at least one race in the old world.

gotta agree desu. I hope they fix this for the third game

The problem is that they had no obvious way of making it more warhammery. Resources for unit construction, roads and sanitation would not have served a purpose within the setting, but they are rethinking the campaign map, as we have witnessed from the new reveals.

As if there was any doubt, Rome is victorious. The man behind the victory is Lucius Calpernius, a praetor, but plebeian general and former friend to Quintus Aemilius Papus. This victory has cemented him as a hero to the plebeians, and even the Senators look upon him with admiration. We must hope that this is their last force, so that our puppet Garamantian tribe might annex them.

IT'S NORSCANS

WE ALREADY KNOW IT'S NORSCANS

>Chaos mechanics were lacking

WE KNOW, THAT'S WHY THE NORSCAN DLC WILL HAVE AN FLC THAT HELPS FIX CHAOS

>third game is about daemons
>daemons will spend a lot of time on food production and building toilets

>Resources for unit construction, roads and sanitation would not have served a purpose within the setting,
they could've worked but not for all factions

Why are you freaking out? Did your boyfriend cum in your eye while you were reading my post or something?

>they are getting to t3 doomstacks
>attila still hasn't spawned

fug

should I make another attempt at otomo legendary?

Yes.

Pay them to attack the Sassy kids.

To the north, a Boii raiding party appears, consisting of nothing more than a couple hundred men with sharp sticks. I quickly send out the 2nd Legion, stationed in and around Italia for her protection, but the barbarians run like the cowards they are.

Well that would require me to be at war with the shahahhaahahshashahanhahashhansaha and that would be a terrible idea

Don't demons require either massive chaos corruption or a very well supported infrastructure of sacrifice and prayer or they just phase out?

I seem to recall (I know it's 40k) but in the first siege of Armageddon the chaos dude leading it (Angron?) Had to stop and build loads of temples and stuff or all his demon forces would melt.

Also nurgle demons would probably have something interesting to say about sanitation.

I hope I'm not as awful anymore

I'm genuinely extremely excited for TW 2 but part of me wants to hold off buying it for a week after release so that some of the quality of life mods are released/updated.
Another part says a month so SFO will have caught up.
Another part says just wait until after the first couple DLC
And the rest of me says preorder the big box with the cool globe thing.

Which bit of me is right/twg/?

Is it actually possible to destroy the Huns before or during Attila's reign?

I would assume now that people know what kind of small mods are popular some of the more basic stuff like more skill points will be available pretty soon after release. Its always worth it to go through a couple of vanilla playthroughs just to see what mechanics you want to mod/change, especially since we will be seeing new stuff like the web/vortex stuff

1. Mounted yeomen Archers
2. Total war Warhammer
3. Bretonnia
4. Red
5. Railroads.

you know what part is right

It would also be radical if they made it so that the forces of the four gods would turn irrevocably hostile towards each other once they'd achieved a major campaign goal (like razing Praag/Kislev/Middenheim)

this is the current state of the limes in pannonia - in addition to these garrisons there are stacks in both of the towns as well. I'm currently researching the tech to unlock t4 walled minor settlements, and will be building those there as well. Not sure about upgrading to the final garrison chain tier, as they are really fucking expensive and only add saggitari.

The weak spots in the limes are noricum and dalmatia, as noricum is still getting taxed and thus has to balance out its defenses w/ their food costs unlike the other provinces, and I've left dalmatia somewhat un-upgraded since the Huns haven't been pressuring it like I thought they would

I must admit I'm extremely tempted by this.

hey guys check out this cool sphere thing i found

it was just lying in that tomb we saw the hooded guys sneak out of

think it's worth anything?

how do i beat the empire campaign on very hard difficulty???

So I've been away for a few months, what's the word on the new historical title?

none

its china

Half of /twg/ doesn't care and the other half are still waddling round in circles screaming.

You mad riceboi?

has anyone checked out the Imperium mod for Attila? it's pretty fun, I've been playing as the Gutes

Is that the one with the meme-helmeted greeks? What else does it add?