S.T.A.L.K.E.R. General - /sg/

Best faction edition.

>BugTrap, crash to desktop, freeze/lockup? Find your crash log.
Check your Documents or game install directories for the xray_[your name].log file. If you can't find it, look in the location specified at the top of fsgame.ltx. Copy the last few lines from the log and paste them here if you want any help.

>Start guide, beginner tips, and much much more
pastebin.com/FUPEbLiv
>HUD guide, modding basics, mod reviews, and AMK mod guide
docs.google.com/document/d/10yi79NUFhJrFO4hmGeKqaWSw35BJQv0Ve0OK94ioMEw
>Why Complete is bad and you shouldn't play it
pastebin.com/6AtetpMM
>Performance Guides, Steam settings
pastebin.com/nzXEevG7
>Common misconceptions about Shadow of Chernobyl game mechanics
metacognix.com/stlkrsoc/WhatYouKnowThatAintSo.html
>The Zone Manual: Every Mod You'll Ever Need for the True Ukrainian Experience
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121125400
>Pasta summaries, streamer listing and more
cheeki.violates.me/

Reminder that MS Update KB2670838 breaks your DX10/11 games including Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!Z7RjwaBS!PYNDw9ugMSojbpUDgIACHQ
mega.nz/#F!oqgWWK4K!PStfjPLon_3UpVU-atgQeQ
mega.nz/#F!1zAilAoZ!xw3kb1awC1csjv2dMlb7Mw
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22
moddb.com/mods/ns-dmx-dkz02/downloads
moddb.com/mods/ns-dmx-dkz02/downloads/a-r-m-beta
stalkersoup.forumotion.me/t24-stalkersoup-installation-problems),
msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff557134(v=vs.85).aspx
youtube.com/watch?v=0nq8vX7tYfY
exhentai.org/g/1026346/f76cb578c1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Mods and Repositories | Often out of date; use only as a last resort!

>Shadow of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!Z7RjwaBS!PYNDw9ugMSojbpUDgIACHQ
>Clear Sky
mega.nz/#F!oqgWWK4K!PStfjPLon_3UpVU-atgQeQ
>Call of Pripyat
mega.nz/#F!1zAilAoZ!xw3kb1awC1csjv2dMlb7Mw
>Game Repacks + Modding Tools
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
>Downgrading Patches (drag-and-drop)
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
>Unpacked Gamedata + GSC Backup HDD assets
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
>Old Builds (dated from June 1st, 2002)
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw

>Lost Alpha
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg

>Oblivion Lost Remake
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
>Joint Pak 2
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7

>Call of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ

>Don't have Call of Pripyat but want to play Call of Chernobyl?
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI

>Xetrill's Modified LuaJIT for CS/CoP - improves performance, especially in script-heavy mods.
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22

first for pretty sunsets

PREVIOUS THREAD: ayyyy

1.5 fucken when tho

moddb.com/mods/ns-dmx-dkz02/downloads

Right before Gunslinger releases

>slip and fall off a 10 foot ledge
>must've hit my head or something because i died upon impact
>it was an ironman run too
such is life in the zone BABY
fucking winter mod

gunslinger when tho

Right after Ray of Hope releases

moddb.com/mods/ns-dmx-dkz02/downloads/a-r-m-beta

That's soon, right?

user?

you must be new here

I get a :stack trace: error in CoC, but only when exiting to desktop. Should I be concerned?

I made a thread on the official forum about my problem (stalkersoup.forumotion.me/t24-stalkersoup-installation-problems), but I tried EVERYTHING they suggested and to no avail. What is happening is that when I launch the game I get this error report right after the inital load screen with the gas mask dude: (pic related) Here is the list of things they suggested I do and have tried, all to no avail: Partition my harddrive and install SOUP on the new partition, run the launcher as admin, run the installer as admin, download direct x 2010 runtimes and install them, run the game in DX11 or DX11 sweetfx mode, give every user on the computer full control to the STALKERSOUP folder, and renaming my new partition from B to something else (its K now). I also tried installing it into K/games/STALKERSOUP and by itself in K (so its just K/STALKERSOUP/gamdata/etc)
I am running windows 10

post your log

probably not i get those very rarely it's always the same topinputreceiver shit

Go to preview

>enb/sweetfx
>probably not even taking ownership or the directory and running as admin

No, but since the devs said they were still alive...
A man can hope, user.

I have to reinstall for the umpteenth time, give me a couple of minutes
Read the post, i gave EVERY SINGLE USER on my computer full access to the entire STALKERSOUP folder

no YOU read the post

thats not the same thing as what i said

After fucking it up again go to preview and scroll to the bottom for a stack trace or some shit.

How do I take ownership of a directory?
I did run everything as admin as well, the setup exe, the actual launcher for the game exe.

did you post the actual crashlog? not just the stupid popup that tells u fuckall

I'm reinstalling it now and am going to follow that user's advice about using the preview to look at the stack trace

could even be an NX problem. i had that problem on windows 8.1 x64 pro

nothing i would dowould work on a fresh install of CoP, game would not launch, or launch for a second then crash. i had to go and turn off or "optout" (it's been a long while i'm not 100% sure which i did) NX and reboot my pc and it worked from there on out.
msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff557134(v=vs.85).aspx

just a thought.

>vanilla CoP
>roll by the Parking Lot
>some Stalkers and Freedomers killed two Burers and a Controller there
>suddenly two or three blind dogs show up
>they all die miserably

Every single time. Why the fuck is the NPC AI so terrible at dealing with goddamn dogs? I'm not talking about huge swarms either.

Here is the stack trace, I'm going to try disabling that noexecute thing user suggested

didnt work

seems like you might be missing some files as well?
turn off av and win defender if you haven't done that already

might want to re-download from another source

I'm looking right at my xrcore.dll
The only other place to download STALKERSOUP in full is MEGAUPLOAD, and it's too big to download without buying one of their kike download packages to remove the DL limit.

Just play the new ns. Now with arm mod.

Is it translated yet?

Literally doesn't pop up a log, just :stack trace: to my clipboard.

Si

>xray_nicklaus.log

Fucking awesome! Do you have a link? the only NS 2016 stuff i can find is in russian.

How can I fix my fucked outfit icons?
Playing with weapon goulash. I installed it like
Weapon Goulash > Patch > Itemsoup > Outfit addon > outfit addon & itemsoup patch.

Not sure where I went wrong in installing things but the icons got fucked anyway.

>DMX DKZ
>new
Are you feeling ok?

see

>you see Ivan...

you needed to install outfit addons compatibility patch for STCOP. (goulash was built upon stcop)

grab these files from outfit addons stcop patch and throw it in your gamedata\configs\misc folder

outfit.ltx
outfit_exoskeleton.ltx
outfit_helmet.ltx
outfit_scientific.ltx

>Clear Sky seva suit comes with zero built in artifact containers
>And it can only be upgraded to hold a max of 3 artifacts in total
Man this shit makes no sense to me.
Aren't Clear Sky scientists? Why's their SEVA suit so much shittier than other factions?

>Aren't Clear Sky scientists?
no.

How ded are we going to be when Metro Exodus comes out?

hopefully some mods come out before then.

looking at you gunslinger, coc 1.5,
i would say ray of hope but, i'd rather not talk about that

Ah that fixed it. Thanks user.

unless a new weapons mod and update comes out i dont think ill be playing stalker anymore

I played it to death really

I mean look at what these shoker mod people have been sitting on and probbaly will never release

youtube.com/watch?v=0nq8vX7tYfY

Probably about as dead as we were when the other two Metro games, which have basically nothing to do with Stalker, came out.

If you're still hear I'm having that shadow glitch that is in vanilla SoC, with the fucked up shadows near the screen edge. Setting r2_sun_near_border to 1 did NOT fix it as usual. Any idea what to do?

nvm fixed it

you are hanging in the bar and this mutant slaps your rookie's ass.
what do?

Because dogs move fairly fast, are reasonably durable and have attacks that do way too much damage given the targets they're going for and the style of attack they use.

Where can I learn about messing with the particles files? I put aa2 textures, npc and enemy textures and owr together but I want to use aa2 anomalies because they look better then vanilla. I would just play aa2 but I like owr more and hate they amount of grey in aa2. I still can't decide if aa2 weapon particles will make it in.

Remind him that my rookie can resurrect dead enemies and immolate you from 1024 map units away

Not a whole lot, Metro has no modding capabilities whatsoever.

page 10 save

Saved again you gayboys.

dear god no

radiophobia is 4.6 GB

fucking why???

dreary day

That's how every day will look in AA2 desu.

>tfw Bandits at Garbage trying to re-capture the road to Agroprom from Duty
>Trenchcoats + Sawed-off Shotguns VS. Bulats + fully upgraded Obakans

>tfw no weapon mod for CoC or any Stalker game that doesn't go full retard with too many new weapons and bad quality control

What is OWR?
)))

>SEVA has 37 protection against any anomaly type by default

>the +20% Thermoelectral upgrade raises it to 56
>the another +20% one raises it further to 75

>the +30% Radiochemical upgrade raises it to 56
>the another +50% one raises it further to 75

>tfw +40% Thermoelect & +80% Radiochem means the same

Loads of upgrade values and the numbers listed in the UI don't line up at all.

Fairly sure the numbers you see in upgrade menu are just entered manually and don't reflect what an upgrade does at all.

Obviously, IIRC descriptions are stored in separate LTX file(s). Yet inaccuracies like these are always bothered me, as it wouldn't have taken more than literally 3 mins to synchronize them.

OWR is shit

you are shit

You're shit

Has anyone tried the new mutant addons? I havent been here for a while and I would like to hear someone opinion about them.

You're shit.

You're shit

So how do you even get rid of headbob in CoC if neither cam_inert 0 nor editing effector.ltx works?
Any idea why they don't work?

pls

pls

pls

LUL

cam_inert
cam_slide_inert

and editing effectors.ltx works if thats not enough

>Any idea why they don't work?
unless you went full retard and installed coc on top of cop or something they should work.

No, CoC is fucking standalone I know that. And what do you exactly edit in effector.ltx because I reduced run_amplitude, walk_amplitude as well as limp_amplitude to 0. I have no fucking idea what to do. Everything is working perfectly except the iron sights are bobbing like shit.

You're cute

sauce me on this loli semen demon

exhentai.org/g/1026346/f76cb578c1/

aw yeah thanks family

The STALKER is dead, bury it.

F

I must say I am progressively losing hope in Ray of Hope. Even if they'll finish it, it stopped being what people were waiting for. People wanted a multiplayer campaign S.T.A.L.K.E.R. That's all, that'd be good enough. Then creators decided that they'll fix an optimize stuff when at that. That's fine too. In came the decision to expand the game a bit for multiplayer, new structures, some new items and evencreatures. Starts getting suspicious but if they'll pull it out, it may be all the better.

New and new ideas, changes and decisions come into light and now it's basically a game's total conversion, made mostly for their own server. A game created on a corpse of someone else's game and one at that that may not come to LAN of regular players till long after they'll be done with their own server fun, all the while living off dreams and presumably some donations.

If it'll come out and won't be changed so much it'll lose soul, if it still work on my PC just able to run average game in the series at decent quality without any special bells and whistles - I will gladly check it out. But I start to doubt if I won't be disappointed. Ironic, since my requirements were far lower than what their ambitious plans suggest.

Just give us a fucking co-op mod for CoC. That's literally all I ask.

Oh shit you're right, it's Lost Alpha all over again with the skills and all that RPG bullshit no one asked for.
Though, like said, maybe in the future they will allow people to rip whatever the network engine they made and put together a CoC online.

Yeah. Literally all we wanted was a multiplayer stalker where we can run around with bros and shoot mutants and bandits, etc. But now they're trying to make some sort of MMO-lite from the x-ray engine and a fuckload of modified code. Probably will have micro-transactions and other bullshit too. I've honestly stopped caring about it.

Oh GSC

//блять