/ARMS/ arms general

>NEWS
- Max Brass will be the first DLC fighter and will be available some time in july!
- a spectator will be added this month!

Lists of /ARMS/ friend codes :docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vORCZhZnw3y8KFWHBZxjc27nc9HDvQGPAtuQ0bqC4d8/edit?usp=sharing
Survey: docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScLllf7MIurfVBnVEtZ0E1ZIEyRmvxXDxxzRrW12AGpT4dBHQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

>>official twitter (contains tips and tricks about the game and some news): twitter.com/ARMS_Cobutter

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/GenOttr/status/875561509451165696
twitter.com/AnonBabble

There's a Switch system update out

From the previous thread
Aim where you know the punch is going to go mostly if they're a noob Ninjara. Most people just teleport in the direction they were already going in. I just punch one at him when he's in the air at where he is to make him teleport and a moment later punch where he's going to show up.

Honna ask again in this thread. does anyone have any tips with dealing with vanilla arm types (toaster etc) at high levels (rank 8 going on 9 here)? I got absolutely wrecked by a Kid Cobra and Byte & Barq using them and it was the first time I felt so defeated and baffled that I couldn't counter something.

Do we have a tier list yet?

Stay far away from vanilla weapon users as vanilla weapons are designed for closer ranged aggression. It's the hyper defensive ones that I have problems with using dual buffs.

S-Tier:
>everyone you don't like
F-Tier:
>your main

Have you tried curving weapons?

Not sure how Nintendo usually does DLC but they could make a fortune off this game with skins. Really surprised they didn't release amiibos with it.

welp, game's already dead

They could make a fortune off Amiibos too if they made 10 of the main characters and sold them for 13-14 dollars each.

What's that artist's twitter?

I use Minmin typically with RamRam and popper. They recover so fast that they can just dodge the curved hit and popper loses to the punches. I think i'll add Dragon to the mix and try out being super defensive. Thanks.

twitter.com/GenOttr/status/875561509451165696

Thanks.

How many mains do you guys have so far? I have 3.
Ribbon Girl, Byte and Barq, and Twintelle. Now if only they let me get the arms I want instead of duplicates..

Why did Nintendo use the retarded friend code system again?

List user here, deleteing mr lad and 0 from the list.

I'm willing to bet the new friend method they promised won't happen until after paid online goes live, alongside shit like cloud saves, a web browser, and actual home themes

I want Minmin amiibo NOW.

I want a Min Min scale figure.

>amiibo weren't launched alongside the game unlike Splatoon
>no amiibo support in the game period
>still no ARMS profile pics despite Splatoon 2 getting some a month ahead of release
Something tells me Nintendo didn't really think ARMS would actually sell

>kid cobra
>dual slapamanders
>shitty internet

Every fucking time. Whenever there is lag it just kills the match for me.

>used to think Ribbon Girl was hot
>now she only fills me with rage

Splatoon was far more on formula for a game genre than ARMS.

I'm Rank 7.
I'm not sure I'll ever leave this hell.
It's filled with sneks.

>Every single person enjoying this game has chosen a waifu/husbando already
>Amiibos would have sold out with everyone trying to get their favorite character.
>Amiibos probably won't be announced until after Splatoon is released
>Most of the hype will have died down by then

Nintendo missed the train but at least if they are made they won't be impossible to find.

Could be worse, you could be in dual slapamander ribbon girl hell

That's hardly different than dual slapamander Kid Cobra hell.

Is it possible to read and punish a wake up roll if you're fast enough?

Mechanica seems a lot more vulnerable to electricity than any other character due to how her hover causes her to just drop down with her arms disabled when hit with it rather than get knocked to the ground.
Are there any other characters that have a weakness to a specific element aside from Mechanica?

I've had the AI do it to me on level 6 or 7. You would need to work out distance and arm speed though because they're usually followed by another dash.

>beat a ribbon
>move back to lobby
>ribbon is spamming the angry emote

wew as they say

I usually do it with the dragon arms

ARMS Icons for the Switch profiles when?

Should I save all my coins until I reach 200 to unlock more arms?

Have you tried the Megaton? It should go right through them, and it's easier to land than the Megawatt

I can't resist once I get 100 coins. Medium gives enough time to get 10-12 arms.

Its just Mechanica and Master Mummy that electric and ice effects apply to them when jumping, because their super armor prevents them from getting knocked down. Max Brass to when he swells up.

>snake's shitty stage comes up
>don't even want to bother playing on it
>leave controller alone and let the guy kill me
>except he's being a courteous asshole and not going after me

JUST FUCKING KILL ME I HATE THIS STAGE

we probably would have only gotten a Springman/Ribbon Girl dual pack at the most anyways, MAYBE Ninjara, Master Mummy, and Mechanica if we were lucky

When are we getting new icons for anything. I like this TP Ganondorf pic but it's getting old.

I think the new update put up splatoon 2 icons. that or im just going crazy

It added that and a bunch of neat stuff.
You can now invert the colors on your screen, it's fucking weird.

Here's mine.

>A+ tier
Ribbon Girl
Twintelle
Kid Cobra
>A tier
Spring Man
Helix
Byte&Barq
>B tier
Master Mummy
Mechanica

Not sure whether to put Ninjara in A+ or A. The tiers are so close as there's not much of a gap between tiers.

I constantly do it with seekies. My go to zoning set is slapamander left and seekie right.

I spam those mostly randomly.

I don't know how to fight against double dragon as helix

how the hell do you pull off consistent rush attacks with motion controls

every time I do it I miss like 50 or so damage because I can't waggle with the right rhythm or speed or something

>no Min Min

Ouch, that hurts bro.

Since the game has an equal balance of male and female characters, I bet the next DLC character after Max Brass will be a woman.

ideas to discourage the turtling strategy and speed up games:

whiffed grabs should have way longer recovery

the "deflect grab with punch" hitbox should be much much larger

character turning speeds need to be increased dramatically

Is there a way to block using the controller without clicking the left thumb stick? That shit's gonna hurt your thumb after a while.

I forgot about her. She's in A+.

With huge breasts to go with Twintelle's ass.

>Helix counts as airborne when he's stretched out

Why is this allowed

Nah, not worth it

Spend 100 each on two characters

the more you spend the more targets spawn im pretty sure

I WANT TO OODLE THIS NOODLE

So when is Nintendo gonna give out those ARMS gloves, huh? It's Mario Party minigames all over again.

S:
Ribbon Girl
Twintelle

A:
Byte & Barq
Master Mummy
Spring Man

B:
Mechanica
MinMin
Ninjara

C:
Kid Cobra
Helix

>guy posts their arms info to the survey
>name and main and everything
>except the fucking friend code
What did you mean to achieve by this? What does this earn you?

fuck you mechanica shitters with your hammer revolver bullshit

>user complains when he is shit at the game
Why is this allowed

Guys I'm bad.

I was too lazy to start up my Switch.

3277-1299-0020

>S
Ribbon Girl

>A
Kid Cobra
Spring Man
Twintelle

>B
Ninjara
Byte & Barq
Min Min

>C
Helix
Mechanica

>F
Master Mummy

I don't give a fuck. I see Twintelle or Cobra's stage, I hit the power button. Simple as that.

is there anything better than a springman vs springman toaster only battle
truly the manliest of fights

Megaton master mummy mirror match

wait is this serious
because after years of shooters on console no one has this issue

In shooters you do smooth, precise movements though

Fuck it, I cannot get into this game with 3 days of trying

>movement motion controls attached to the attack motion controls
I cant fucking get into this, I am unable to reset my hands into the default ARMS position after every punch due to how unnatural this shit feels. If I am at a small tilt and want to punch curve punch I end up blocking. and if I punch and end up moving my offhand forward just a little fucking bit I end up going for a grab and leaving myself open. or worse yet, the controllers think I want to grab but my entire body moved forward an inch

>online battles
slow weapons are useless as fuck, everyone online has fast weapons only
Blocking is useless and gets ya KOed

Is there something I am missing or do I really suck? Because I am about to go back and get a refund and put the money down on Spla2n

don't use motion controls

you click in for sprint

Blocking isn't useless, but you shouldn't just hold block, unless you can't get away from a rush attack in time or maybe you're trying to bait out an attack that you can punch through.
You have a small window after a successful block to do a dash, and your arms should be charged for a quick counter punch while you dash.

Maybe try the other controls, or just man up and get used to the motion controls.
Guarding is definitely not useless.
Do you understand the basics of gameplay yet?

>Master Mummy
Nobody knows how to play him yet is the only problem he has.

How does anyone have trouble with Twintelle's stage? It's fucking great. I always use that shit to my advantage. Glad to know you're a shitter though.

>go up against a Mechanica and B&B in a free for all
>match starts like normal
>about twenty seconds into the match, Byte start teleporting
>me and Mechanica team up to take him down
>our attacks are just going through him half the time
>at one point, he jumps and just gets stuck in mid-air while totally invincible
>meanwhile, Barq doesn't receive his Byte's magical powers and is trying his best to keep up
>match finally over
>get paired up with the guy again next match

>Party mode matchup
>Springman vs Ninjara
>Double Toaster vs Double Dragon
>He uses both at once
>I dodge and counter-punch
>He does it again
>I repeat my last movements
>This happens three more times, I don't know why
>He stops
>I punch him and my fist goes through him
>CONNECTION WITH *moonrunes* HAS BEEN LOST

He didn't even try to grab. Come on, Japs. Step up your game.

why the fuck is the difficulty jump from level 4 to level 5 so high

>rank 4 vs rank 5 match
>springman vs springman
>double toaster vs double buff
>knock the guy down
>charge punch
>double charge hit as he gets up
>literally 5 times in a row

some people are just... dumb? I eventually just grabbed the poor guy to stop the combo

I think I might be ready to graduate from double Toasters. What do you guys suggest I should hop to, assuming I can unlock them immediately? I tried out the ARMS Test mode and from what I tested, I liked the Poppers/Crackers, the Homies/Seekies, and the Buffs/Bubbs. Curving fists like the Chakrams and Boomerangs just seem a bit off for me, maybe because I tried to control them a bit too much.

Homie types take a bit to get use to and are only really good charged but if you can master them then they can be a force to be reckoned with their explosions but can backfire. Curved types you just shoot them and let them go which I like and hit in very unique angles.

I've found the cracker to be very effective if you are good at fighting at close range and keeping pressure on your opponent.

How the fuck do you hit with those stupid birds?

>slow weapons are useless as fuck, everyone online has fast weapons only

Ming Ming with a charged Whammer would like a word with your dumb ass.

ive seen a couple of people saying that rank 9/10 is a timeout fest. is it true or just another meme?

How do you even counter arms that curve, like boomerangs?

I average around 25-27 arms unlocked on 200 time.
If you can get over 13 arms in 100 go ahead an d do it.

People utilize timeouts a bit more for sure but I wouldn't call it a fest. When people start to use mechanics to the fullest, its gonna get harder and harder to hit people so every inch you can get counts.

>lets do master mummy rank 4
>wow, this is really hard
>get to hedlok
>literally cannot beat him
>have birds, poppers, and megaton balls equipped

So that's basically it for me. I'm getting to the point where I won't even try mechanica's rank 4 because this boss is unbeatable. It's not even fun and there's no strategy, if you're not kid cobra or any of the fast ones he can just fill a 45 degree cone with fists and you get fucked in the ass. 2/10 worst mode in the game

You need to cheese him, son. It's the only way. He is weak to throws and you have a huge advantage if you fight him long distance.

He is NOT fucking weak to throws. He dodges constantly, and has a FUCK TON of i-frames. The amount of throws that have bounced off his chest DO NOT FUCKING LIE

I just beat him by spamming tribolts.

who the fuck thought this was a good idea? They're retarded, should be fired,

You have to utilize blocking and guard cancels more and get up close since thats where they are weak. They are fairly punishable but excel in long range fights which can be a hassle.

man fuck ribbon girl's stage, everytime I try to short hop there's a goddamn platform out of nowhere and I get slid right back to where I was and I get hit.

Twin Megatons, pal. Goes through every ARM but the Hammer