/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

OC workshop edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World revealed for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. youtube.com/watch?v=xe-RAeDfOMM
↳Information with sources: pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Extended footage: mmcafe.com/nico.html#http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm31388446
↳Blurry demo footage: u.nya.is/fzyrht.mp4 | mega.nz/#!XtAyQabZ!cpb1tCm8embSW0EwwSAZ9M05AuFJCl9k0JhPIq5J1Uo
-Livestream in a few hours

>News
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. confirmed for 8/25 in Japan, region free. youtube.com/watch?v=CvzTD_RYDXs
↳No current plans for XX localization "at this time". twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/875133030326652928
-Monster Hunter Stories is coming West this fall.

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread Missing link

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fvKE9iVz-Ig
youtube.com/watch?v=rk8BGbMNIrg
discord.gg/KQPgRp
gbatemp.net/threads/release-mh-talisman-editor-for-mhxx-mhx-mhgen-mh4g-mh4u.411182/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Restating that PETA idea again. Might be fun.

Nyaa!

3nd for vulture-kun is ridiculous

MH World will bomb because it's not on a handheld in Japan and it turns out xbros and ps4 guys don't actually buy anything that isn't FIFA, Call of Duty or GTA
No more than 3-4m at best if even, probably 2-3

Given MH World having a vastly larger budget than all other MHs in recent history it'd have to do a lot more than that

PC will carry MHW

starting a fresh file in MH Gen cause I hate myself: what weapon should I start with?

SnS

Chargu-Blado in Bushidough forme.

>bunch of pirates and cheapskates who buy on g2a or wait for a steam sale to pick it up for 10 dollars
>steam takes 30% cut of that

yeah... sure

How do I fill the void waiting for MHW?

I want to get in HBG, are there any fun videos to watch?

If World was on both PS4 and Switch, I think this game would've sold as much as p3rd. But that isn't the case, I think it'll push Tri numbers.

You underestimate the power of Twitch streamers.

>THIS BURNING PAW....
>IT TELLS ME TO GRASP VICTORY!

>game will be overrun by faggot drones from LIRIK, summit1g, towellie, imaqtpie or sodapoppin
>le epic compilations of le screaming pewdiepie dying to le dinosaur and shouting

just kill me now please
I can't take it anymore

>BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

That artstyle is actually pretty charming.

That's pretty badass, using himself to ignite the powder.

>why aren't you using the [memeset] Kripparian came up with? It's obviously so much better lol

Whoa this is pretty cool actu-
>That stupid cat shows up
Cringe.

>just equip the markiplier gs set dude it's fucking great I killed a rathalos with it last night trust me

Is that new?
>Aerial style

But /mhg/ said styles weren't in reee.

You mean the cancer.

4U new file room is still up, for anyone who wants to join:

47-3650-5222-2768
passcode is 7243

I don't like how it has the Jho death animation. It really gave Jho his own special aura about him. Should have really just used the generic brute death

They are obviously incorporating some arts and other new moves into the movesets of weapons to make up for no more styles and arts

>tfw probably no critical juncture though
rip :(

this might have been kripp's type of game before he got trapped into playing hearthstone forever, but not now. nothing but hearthstone until the grave.
>tfw was at his first stream when he only had 200 viewers, basically his entire youtube audience
>chill d3 beta casts
can't believe what he became desu

>ever watching that terrorist
Go, and never come back

I don't know how to feel about jump attacks, but that stab looked cool. Was that in gen or is it new? Didn't see the spirit meter go down either even though it was glowing red.

>calling based cringecat stupid

YAMEROOOOOOO

I wish I had a little brother like Nabil.

Its pulled directly from Frontier.

What time are they showing the new game play tomorrow?

youtube.com/watch?v=fvKE9iVz-Ig

You mean today.
In 5 hours 30 mins

new

wheres the one that shows SnS doing a shoryu?

am I the only one who finds gore harder to fight than shaggy?

>brave style

youtube.com/watch?v=rk8BGbMNIrg

maybe? If only cause you have to slightly slow your game if you're looking to break gore's horns since he needs to frenzy up

discord.gg/KQPgRp Here is a place where we hang out and game if you want a community join ours

I wanna try that Aerial HBG meme

What's a good HBG that can rapidfire pellets? I don't even know how to check for that, I don't play gunner at all

And don't worry, I'll fuck around on village quests and go back to my normal routine online

You guys aren't seeing the most dire outcome of this.
Among many games, there's usually one channel that's always far more popular than the others.
Gaijin Hunter's channel is now a ticking timebomb

yes, the only one in the world you cunt faggot

Not sure bro, I'm hoping another nintendbro will post it to BTFO the anti style anti ha shitposters.

Why can't Capcom buff the Gunlance after all this time? It has to be a joke with the devs at this point.

2 spots

you guys told me brave wasn't broken

This is outrageous.

>Pisstendo Bitch is getting Splatoon 2,Pokemon Mainline and Animal Crossing
>implying Crapcom isn't SEETHING right now for failing to support Switch.

Wrong board?
Try /v/

Thanks, I will

Giving LS a spiritual Critical Juncture that costs you the full level on your Spirit Gauge would have been more interesting. The way that attack aims looks so stupid

Bamco is about to buy Capcom and Bamco likes Sony more than Nintendo. It was always going to happen.

Get ready for idolm@ster x monhun

Does anyone know what time the Japanese world stream starts today?

What? It's absolutely busted on LS and HBG

Or where it will be located

Tencents gonna buy out Capcom and bring Estrellian to the West!

>implying Sony and Nintendo wouldn't try to buy them out first

Is this about the SF5 online thing? Bamco helps everyone out with online. MK8D and ARMS even has Bamco in credits.

Here's something: Bamco owns the patent to training mode in fighting games (look it up) Crapcom probably made a deal with them.

Did you not see the news? Capcom and Bamco are co-investing in online infrastructure and engine development along with new games for maximizing IP value.

Get ready for Bamcocom.

Sony was the one that helped develop the cross network online for SF5 between PS4 and PC. The rest of it was done by Capcom.

Bamco and Capcom are teaming up for more than just fighting games.

>tfw MonHun x God Eater at last

Read up on the deal, monkeybreath.

You should read up on it, in Japanese. The nikei article about it is far more in depth.

I did. I implore you to re-read it again once more, this time with glasses on.

CapcoBamcom! Bringing you such great games like The Monster Master: Kaiju Dreams, and Idol Hunter G!

Sweet flipping fuck on a fence, NO.

So if I want to edit my charms in MHGen, would they be detected by XX as not being legit and deleted? Or does the game not care?

Important question, please answer.

Cringe.

Anything "legit" in Gen is legit in XX. What a dumb question

So what weapon class is going to get gutted this time around? Which one do you think will become more balanced? Most popular?

No, what I mean is, if I wanted to edit myself a talisman like FastCharge +6 Tenderizer +5 OOO that would be impossible in Generations but legit in XX, would I have to do it in XX? Or could I do it in Generations before transferring my save?

The reason why I would want to do that is because the save editor for XX is in Chinese.

Gen/XX can't discern edited charms from legitimate ones, the former can't surpass the quality of regular ones either.

The charm editor works for XX as well (if it's the one I got, that is) and you can use JKSM to pull the extdata for XX to modify it (since the extdata is the savedata for XX/X/Gen). The editor will let you know if it's a bad charm and if you don't catch it the game will null of the sills on it (but if it's equipped then the Guild Card might crash when you look at it).

>null out the skills
>might crash the game

You mean this right
gbatemp.net/threads/release-mh-talisman-editor-for-mhxx-mhx-mhgen-mh4g-mh4u.411182/

>Gutted
Gunlance as always.

>Balanced
GS

>Most Popular
HBG

If the AI is as "unpredictable" as shills say (this is not a good thing in game design), then GS will get the shaft.

>gunner
>popular
especially not in the casual mess world will be, shitters won't have the patience unless they dumb it down to an extreme.

>unless they dumb it down to an extreme.
Good news!

You won't be able to edit that charm in Generations because the save editor won't let you. Also, most of the Gen charms will be fine in XX because of G rank slots and armours.

Just get max value Tenderizer, sharpness, handicraft, gunner, elemental charms with 3 slots and they'll be fine in XX. Ill upload my list.

Show your hunter name next time.

Thanks user, you're a big help. I actually figured out how to edit in XX, but the list of skills will definitely make things easier for me.

Yup yup, that is the one.

With Ichinose out of the way, are we ready to celebrate the unfucking of Tenderizer in World?

being able walk while shooting isn't extreme

>uses iShit
>being in any position to judge anybody else, for any reason

How could they possibly gut gunlance more?

End. This should cover you for everything in XX I think.

>posts idolshit

My name Pajeet. How you do, sir?

Well, is the skill system as we know it still in World?

But there's more!