/drg/ - Danganronpa General

Don't forget to use spoiler tags (Ctrl+S)!
Previous thread Monobun edition

>/drg/ OP pastebin (just copy it and paste previous thread link)
pastebin.com/XYa49a5Q

>DRV3 news pastebin - *Updated 6/16/2017*
pastebin.com/n83HpxJC

>New to DR
pastebin.com/mnduF4qj - Spoiler free guide to enjoy Danganronpa
pastebin.com/MUdQJedT - Indepth gameplay mechanics and infomation

>Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413410

>Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413420

>Danganronpa AE: Ultra Despair Girls is coming to Steam and PS4 on June 27th:
youtube.com/watch?v=VzbIuPpPM8E
store.steampowered.com/app/555950/

>Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony for PS4, PS Vita, and Steam on September 26th (N. America), and September 29th (Europe)
youtube.com/watch?v=UdGlN0aEG2k

>DR 1-2 Reload coming to PS4
youtube.com/watch?v=6DGuCuHurUk

> DR3 Anime episodes and more
pastebin.com/bvNw28sS

>Kazutaka Kodaka Interviews and more
pastebin.com/QjVqihAm

>DR Manga Scanlations:
shslscans.tumblr.com/current
>DR Manga Collection (Eng): *You need an account to use Batoto*
bato.to/search?artist_name=Spike Chunsoft

>Download pastebin *contains downloads, art assets, sprites, manga, novels, music, anime, media, charts, and icons.*
pastebin.com/6UhFpa8W

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2uceKqK7xYs?t=1m24s
youtube.com/watch?v=WKuPd46SnLw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

chiaki

>male:mindbreak

Mugi!

Nice mugi

Do you all prefer the saccharine fabrication to the bitter, yet meaningful reality?
Well, of course you do. We're only human.

>dat embed

Amami

>new thread saimeno cuteness reminder "consensual snuggling" edition

Ishi!

That sort of thing would hold more weight if Kokiko didn't spend his entire existence fabricating things.

Fujo Three

Remember kids
It's important to practice good hygiene
At least if you wanna run with my team
youtu.be/2uceKqK7xYs?t=1m24s

Beedy boots

KEK

Happy couple!

Monodam!

You are going to buy DRAE on steam right?

I wanted to see Junko Komaeda piss baby fights.

go to sleep sargeat voight

Fujo 3!

Why is she crying?

She just flipped him for context.

Posting best girl!

Probably the aikido aura reading thing. I don't know what it's called.

No__________

you're a fake fan then

Komaeda should've been voiced by anderson cooper

I would have for your appearance only and the chance to see your model in highest definition but because I despise how clunky the whole shooting game is with collectables, it's a big fuckin no.

Komaeda should've been voiced by Mel Gibson.

Komaeda should've been voiced Chuck Norris

sorry, but DR3 ruined the HPA casts for me

Komaeda should've been voiced by Yu Kobayashi

But hiccshon da yo ne didn't do the same to the V3 cast for you?
Damn, you're lucky.

Are hopefags coming back? Right in time for a certain someone's birthday?

I never really got the "x ruined y" people in DR. Everything in the franchise has something incredibly stupid, Danganronpa is stupid.

Komaeda should have honestly been voiced by Kyle Sturdivant who did Kaworu's original voice in NGE's dub.

youtube.com/watch?v=WKuPd46SnLw

Really captures an otherworldly feeling without being effeminate, I am wondering what he would sound like if he ever did do Komaeda.

I'm serious. Just listen to Kyle.

Could they not afford Spike Spencer?

Spike is more Naegi to me, he sounds more like a young boy than Komaeda but I guess Spencer could try to pull off an older character. It also would be cool to hear his unrestrained performance.

Hell, that would be better than Bryce, because Megumi Ogata does share Shinji's role with Komaeda and Naegi so it would kind of work in a similar way to having them having the same VA.

Character you find most aesthetically pleasing besides the ones you're in love with

Perhaps more importantly how many people actually care about the English dub and play primarily with English voice acting?

I like a good English dub myself but I think the Japanese cast is well cast and acted and the dub doesn't really come into consideration for me.

The only case I can think of off the top of my head is Mikan is even more annoying in Japanese.

Hajime doesn't sound manly enough in Japanese. He has the voice of Detective Conan, while Johnny Young Bosch actually makes him sounds like a young man

The dub Souda was cool, he really captured the cuck essence, jap souda sounded like a bro.

I think Kimura, Aiko, Izayoi and Ruruka are cool but I don't really care about them.

Mix of warm and cool colours does it for me.

Shame her personality is a bit dull, sure she's endearing but 'girl-next-door tsundere' is kinda lame.

I only like Komaeda and Hinata's dub voices because they actually sound like boys their age and not older women.

I can never think of Kyle Herbert like that

I feel you and don't usually like girl next door types but she seems so genuine about a lot of things it makes me really like her. Like how she's the only one who thinks to bring Komaeda food and her issues worrying about leaving her dad alone to pursue her own life.

I don't know of any other girl next door types that have strong nurturing instincts like that.

moonman tits are the best tits

I guess so, user, you are also right! Koizumi is a very attractive girl though. I like short hair and the tie and pinafore are cool. I would have liked her to have suspenders like in her beta design, masculine-like old fashioned clothes really hit my sweet spot.

The fact that she likes traveling alone really makes me feel like she has a very contemplative side to her. Not to mention the fact that Kodaka said with how serious she is, she'd be good for a novel about the class's time as SHSL Despair.

Ooohhh boooy, would I have preferred a well written DR Koizumi novel about the cast's corruption to despair instead of 3's force-of-nature mindhacc bullshit.

how tight is his shirt

Maybe Chisa, Mahiru, Hiroko, or Owari.

i want tulpaman to weh at me

Kirumi is beautiful even if I'm not fond of her character.

Kirigiri bores me but she has great design as well.

He sounds like a baby

Well I like DR3 for what a wild ride it is but I guess it does suck if you wanted real development.

Also coming from Koizumi-user, aesthetically I'm also fond of Peko, Owari, Sonia, Hinata and Kuzuryuu.
Only problem with DR designs I feel is that they're kind of all-cool colors on one character, some are kind lacking a little ... vibrancy? For example, Tsumiki and Nanami have good designs, maybe they could just make the pinks in their designs more warm? Too cold otherwise.

Glad to have someone else who likes Owari's design. She's like a discount Junko.

I really wish Koizumi lasted longer in SDR2, actually. I don't like case 2 in general, but she was a nice character to have around and it felt like a waste killing her off so early.
Either should've let her make it another case or two, or wrote DR Koizumi to make up for it.

case 2 is not great in general

True, I would have also liked to have had Koizumi as the secondary investigator role instead of Nanami. I mean a cute, kind, loyal photographer girl in a murder detective series? She'd make a good staying heroine.

Sure Nanami's sacrifice and the whole simulation situation and AI stuff wouldn't have worked as well going with the theme of DR2 but maybe even having Nanami kill someone would at least make her a more interesting character.

as tight as you want it to be user

I can agree with that.

I've been of the opinion that the Chapter 5 kill that Nanami "pulled off" would have been more interesting if it was intentional instead of LUCC. Like, even if she wasn't actually a hidden madwoman or whatever, at least make it more morally ambiguous. I think that might still be able to fit with having Koizumi as the main heroine, too.

I felt like Mahiru's death was because Kodaka couldn't write more about her, something about her makes nice, i just can't put my finger on it, I'd prefer if she died on chapter 3, and have Kuzuryu cut himself in the funhouse.

At least Chihiro died because he was the Orlandu of the game.

Chiaki did killed someone, unless you're talking intentionally, but I think that would detract from the character.

idk i think maybe kinda loose so he gets a nice breeze when he walks briskly

Mahiru died because having a photographer would make cases significantly easier to solve. Think about it, being able to take pictures is probably one of the most OP things and it even gets brought up in V3

Although strangely Kiibo's camera and audio recorder are only used once each. And it's really strange because there are chances for him to use it where he just doesn't. Like when he witnesses Himiko delivering the crossbow parts. Everyone just kinda believes him when really he should've taken a shot to prove it.

The game would become ace attorney.

Well, Mahiru pics weren't really useful, they could've made some of the detail regarding positions and where everyone was located on chapter 1 when talking about lamp thing.

But nope.

I don't think it would help unless Mahiru took pics of the pre-crime scene so they can compare it, otherwise I can't really see uses for it.

Remember that despite a robot and inventor, digital print and examining the weapon by hand prints isn't a thing in DR

I get where you're coming from but they could easily find some way around that.
Like this, where they just ignore it for convenience.

doesn't kaito have one of the biggest busts in the v3 cast though

Considering DR2 makes utilizing everyone's talents in some form or way a bigger deal than other entries, I think they realized they wouldn't be able to ignore it. So more reason to kill her off early.

Also it probably wasn't for convenience sake, it was probably viewers voting for him to not make things too easy so there'd be more drama.

If you're trying to say having someone who can take pictures wouldn't be useful in a game about solving mysteries I think you're sorely mistaken.

Well, perhaps I am, but it would need to be used pre-crime for it to be useful.

If so, please tell me, how it could help in one of DR2 cases.

And don't give me that "I photograpped the murder"

Why don't we have the SHSL Mathematician already?

Math isn't useful

Because it isn't a useful skill outside of very specific fields.

Fight me.

I-it would be cool have a math related murder. Think about Shou Minamimoto!

I just think it would be cool...and no I can't construct a viable argument.

The whole step ladder thing and the recording Hajime was the only one who witnessed it in Chapter 3. If Mahiru had still been around she'd be able to take a picture of it during the concert and reveal the truth sooner or even better, take a picture of the broadcast itself.

The entirety of the Muscat/Strawberry house trick could've been solved with Mahiru just having taken pictures of the inside of the buildings and comparing them.

There's probably more but those are the ones I can think of immediately.

Wasn't Twogami's talent also useless in a killing game? And Saionji's too?

Not as useless as being able to calculate the circumference of a hypotenuse

Yo /drg/
How goe shit?

But don't Mathematician do more than that? Like count shit or whatever? Wouldn't he/she be useful if said murder case derived around counting a number of something?

Well, it would be some really "lucky" event for Mahiru to take pics of the object in using the murder.

Also, was the stepladder used outside of the murder?

>photographing a tv screen

Most of what people would see is a blur, and I don't want to be a cunt, but wouldn't the bright lights of funhouse damper the pictures and force them to rely on eyes alone?

I remember reading that the funhouse had some real intense and headache inducing lighting, as far asI know, it would make taking pics kinda hard.

Well, the bright lights aren't bright to the player because that would really the player up

Hey Kuzu

That talent is a bit redundant and could be filled by anyone with a good education or that works in a technical field that would require it. Chihiro was probably extremely good at math

Wouldn't be that lucky because the step ladder should've been visible behind the performers.

And sure, if it were a normal photographer, the TV screen would be hard to see. Thankfully Mahiru is SHSL/Ultimate, so her picture would come out perfect, same with the trick house ones. After all the type of camera she used was top of the line, so it probably had all ways of being able to take a perfect picture even in those extreme conditions.

Pictures end up getting used in Chapter 4 anyways, so it's not that far fetch'd.

Eh, I guess you're true. It's not something so specific like certain aspects of science or something I guess.
That does make me wonder though, wouldn't some talents overlap with other character's talents? I mean for example, Nidai and Akane's talents aren't exclusive to fighting but they are shown to be real skilled at fighting, not sure in the same level as Sakura but still. There are a lot of characters who's taletns would overlap each other, right?

Yeah a lot of talents really do overlap, hell even in only DR1 "ultimate novelist" and "ultimate fanfiction writer" aren't that different.

Talents seem to be mostly ceremonial titles

So, the step-ladder was there on chapter 3?

Gotta watched it again.

And yes, you could handwave Mahiru being perfect pics, but it cheapens it, i dunno why.

Akane's talent alone seems incredibly OP since gymnastics covers a wide variety of activities and sports. It makes no real sense how this would make her a strong fighter. Flexible, sure, strong sure, but nothing outside of that really is meant to be used for fighting. Or maybe that's the point and why she gets wrecked constantly.

Also doesn't Nekomaru have two SHSL titles thanks to him being a team manager resulting in him automatically being SHSL at the other one as well(chiropractor)?

That's because in Japanese their talents are more strictly defined. Touko's isn't writer, it's more something along the lines of "Literary Girl" which isn't simply writing. It incorporates reading, the study of literature, etc. etc.

Meanwhile Hifumi's is doujinka or whatever, so that isn't strictly just fan fiction. It would include it, yes, but he'd also be good at making garage kits, statues, manga, art, cosplay, animation, etc. Basically any kind of fan work, Hifumi is a master at.

That's how it works though, even Mahiru says she gets annoyed with how good she is with taking pictures at times.

>That's because in Japanese their talents are more strictly defined.

That makes sense, I tend to forget about the cultural differences if it's not overt about it.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Mahiru taking good pics all the time

Nidai Chiropractor title is self give, like SHSL imouto, its just banter, but one of them is self aware.

Also, you need a strong body be a gymnast, I know first what is to get choked by one.

>I know first what is to get choked by one

hot

Ha, it's funny how gymnasts are usually small, short and petite when Akane is hardly like that.

t.komaeda

Well as said, there are distinct differences in Japanese, so most of the time it wouldn't transition well in English.
I have to agree, Akane does seem somewhat overpowered.
I guess it just comes to show the irony of things.
Well hot damn.

Usually but there's taller ones, Akane isn't a giant or anything

Say what you want, my neck was never the same afterwards, you'ld be surprised with their strenght, throwing their bodies around like shuriken.

>Akane
>OP

>Only scores a victory when she is fighting the mentally disabled

But she is large chested, usually gymnasts are flat.

Now I'm wondering if I could beat up a gymnast

Well hey, least she can fight.
A number of girls like her probably wouldn't even know how to fight aside from slapping or pulling on hair.

You can't, even someone like me who loves fighting people would not dare pick a fight with one unless it's one of those acrobatic dudes.

There's precedent

>this

It baffles me why they keep giving the athletic females the largest racks. They did it again with Tenko, who's the same size as Asahina.

Watch when we see some SHSL Cheerleader bitch with huge knockers jumping and bouncing while her balloons go boing with her.

I'd buy that Nekomaru was also SHSL Chiropractor because he already knows how the human bodies work to the point he could come up with exercise schedules for everyone that'd improve their bodies since he'd already done that as a Team Manager.

SHSL Imouto is definitely Fuyuhiko just praising his sister. Even if HPA doesn't recognize her as it, he'll always see her as the SHSL Imouto, which is very cute.

Akane's original title wasn't going to be SHSL Devil/Demon or whatever, so I wouldn't be surprised if her 'front' was meant to be gymnastics, similarly to how Junko's front was Fashionista.

Also makes for a good parallel of how Akane would've functioned as a rival/mastermind in comparison to Junko. Due to being a fashionista, Junko could get everyone's eyes on her and her personality allowed her to be very charismatic, allowing her to convince people to do what she wanted. Meanwhile with gymnastics, it's the same deal of having everyone's eyes on you, but for different reasons and with Akane's personality, I'd bet she'd bully, push or strong arm people into doing what she wanted.

It's fun to think of what could've been.

Athletic girls with big tits are the best. If only Tenko was deliciously brown we'd have a nice quartet of deliciously brown athlete girls.

Wouldn't SHSL cheerleader and gymnast be the same thing?