How many times did you almost or actually spun out?

How many times did you survive?

Almost lost it while fucking around on gravel in FWD because of over compensating for the slide.

spin out count: 3
survived count: 3
car survived count: 2 ;_;

I didn't survive obviously, thanks for asking

does understeering count too?

Fwd so not that many ;_;

I spun my '91 CRX Si at least twice.

I drifted through a snowy red light intersection in a 2010 Honda fit once.

Didn't mean too but I managed to recover perfectly.

bald tires?

Spin out- 2
Survive- 2
Driving on ice in a 4900 lb truck fun times

Once. In a snow storm. 6 inches of snow on ground. Lost traction for 2 seconds. Prayed. Got it going straight and luckily my passenger didn't fucking lose their shit. Speed was 80 mph in zero visibility blizzard.

>80 mph
>6 inches of snow
>zero visibility blizzard
m8 you're just begging to get roasted here

how do you pray in 2 seconds?

>Speed was 80 mph in zero visibility blizzard.
>80mph
>when you can't see shit

There's your fucking problem, idiot

spinouts:3
>one on the first corner of the first lap of the first track day
>accelarate
>discover clutch problem that doesn't let me change gears
>slow down waiting for gearbox to unlock
>finally get it unlocked, time to get in gear for the corner
>get the gear in
>slowly ease off the clutch
>one rear wheel locks for split second car does 180 and flies off the track after driving in a perfect straight line

>2nd
>go into turn too fast, rear lost grip slowly and slowly spun around

>3rd
>went in too hot into a corner on a cooldown lap, too little throttle to keep weight on rear
Don't track your car right after you first get it and haven't replaced shitty rear tyres

First time last Saturday night. Car is still.... alive, despite being smashed in.

I hope you learned to rev match after that

about 3 times. 2 times in rain driving rwd, being stupid. 3rd time at the track in my fwd shitbox dd

I allready did I just wasn't good at it
now I double clutch flawlessly every gear

i am posting from hell

now THAT is a proper fartbox

all the bodyfat helped with the traction

once, in heavy snow. we almost never get snow where i live so i figured it'd be a learning experience. wasn't driving particularly hard or anything, but lost the back end on a really odd-camber bend which i was expecting to happen, but it turns out i had a flat tyre so it's probably 50-50 that flat & the road. it doesn't help that there were no snow plows out yet :x

One spin out on ice. Recently when trying to drift in the rain my car spun almost completely sideways, and I'm still surprised I was able to recover it and straighten back out.

Ive spun plenty of times at autox events. It prepared me well for the one time i spun on a public road. Late at night coming out of a tight 90 on wet pavement. Just got on the power a little too aggressively and did a 180. Never left the pavement and no one was around so i just went on my way.

This is a great example of people thinking you just smash the pedal down and drive in a straight line. If you don't know wtf you're doing, you might almost kill yourself like our friend Doug almost did.

He's driving a shit hellcat

Reminds me
Have not seen mrcummy in a while, do you think he finally killed himself?

requesting that webm

Almost: 10+
Actually Spun: 0
Car Survive: All
Me Survive: Unfortunately

>SWEET LORD JESUS HALP
>*crash*

To be quite honest Dough did a decent job at saving his and the owner's next to him ass.

Didn't expect this meme man to be able to do this.

Times spun out: 1
Times survived: 0

wow rude I'm in the process of losing weight

I've spun out hundreds of times. Sometimes more than a dozen times a day.

You can't learn if you don't push your limits.

I've never crashed or even hit a curb, though. I know where and how to do it.

>almost

Spin out: just a couple
Survived: erry tim

>fiat

Just yesterday it was raining and some retard had spun out and made it a one lane road and when ir opened back up i gently gave it some gas and fish tailed a bit

>how many times did you survive?
>he hasn’t died in a flaming wreck wrapped around a tree yet
Are you even race car bro

Have you never been a teenager in the winter?

Why does Veeky Forums love d/o/ug so much?

I was close to spinning out once. It was the first winter I got my license and I was thinking I was Colin McRae in the snow. I kicked the clutch and all hell went loose I countersteered too much then corrected too much and that went back and forth a couple of times. The problem was, it was a narrow fucking street and I would have went into some fucking dumpsters, like the trash I was. I thought I knew what I was doing, I didn't. AWD doesn't save you from you stupidity.

>AWD doesn't save you from youR stupidty.
I meant

>driving local touge
>take a right in my aw11
>turn tightens unexpectedly, start to understeer
>line of about five people riding a shitty van's ass in the oncoming lane
>press brakes
>shift down, rev match
>start to drift
>hold it

That was exhilarating as fuck.

>raining pretty hard, driving on a high way with my friend in shotgun
>slight bend in the high way at this point
>start hydroplaning because I couldn't see the puddle of water that was on the road
>front end and back end no longer agree with eachother
>backend starts to swing around, front end is falling more and more behind
>puddle ends, hello traction
>car is now facing a new direction and starts to push in that direction
>my instinct when the car started to turn around was to counter steer
>luckily I didn't over counter steer and was able to straighten it out after 2 or 3 more steer 'wobbles'
>passenger shat his pants but compliments me on how well I handled the situation
made me feel too fast and too furious

Fix it before the rim of the world, and we will race to see who is king of the touge. This is my offer, you should take it.

None cause I'm not a rwdcuck

I almost spun out this morning gunning my STI on a right hand turn through an intersection like a retard, but I know how to countersteer so instead I just looked like a monster tool

>he thinks his shitty fwd econobox is a racecar because he put "a few simple mods"
>he thinks chads that are man enough to handle the awesome power and oversteer ability of rwd are somehow cucks

Sure, people who spin out are no alphas, but even they are more manly than the ff cuck with no confidence in his driving ability. People who drive rear wheel drive properly are chads undoubtedly.

:(

None and all of them.

3 spinouts

1 was absolutely nuts but I did it practically on purpose because I knew the coast was clear. I figured I might as well try to to take a 90 degree turn at 50 mph in the rain. didn't work

I was on a section of a freeway in the winter at 70 mph. my back end started sliding out a couple feet but i got I managed to slide it back carefully. Musta scared the shit out of the other drivers on the road though

Shut up Doug

but i did almost understeer into the oncoming lane once
fun time

Because Veeky Forums loves Doug but nobody wants to admit it

Were you listening to eurobeat?

I spun out once, first time driving this car in heavy rain at night, took an off ramp I usually take at 60, at 60
>do a complete 180
>shit pants
>come to a complete stop and process to 3-point turn on off ramp in the rain at 11pm while another car is coming
>process to drive away like nothing happened and never underestimated rain or snow again

holy shit what a lucky faggot

i spun out once in my brother's corolla
it had shitty tires and the guy in front braked really hard and my car couldn't keep up
started fishtailing and spun out

i almost spun out once in my civic as well but saved it

> canuck user
> been sideways and spun around in all kinds of vehicles
> too many times to remember
> work van started going sideways on me last week
> ice covered highways and 60+ mph crosswinds
> scary feeling a truck that big rotating on its own center
> but long wheelbase makes correcting easier

>Jesus take wheel, oh lord

More times than I'm willing to admit from accelerating too early while joining a roundabout in my Miata after driving exclusively FF cars for six years.