/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.4 via system transfer or hardmod)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (Userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/D3rMbNQp

-RECENT NEWS-
Current titlekey website links:
3ds.titlekeys.gq/
wiiu.titlekeys.gq/

>3DS
[Jun 5] Luma 8.0 brings lots of features like screenshots, input redirection, a debugger and more. Updating to b9s is required. github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v8.0
[May 25] Some 3DS users have received LocalFriendCodeSeed_B bans, preventing online play, use of the Friend List, the YouTube, Hulu and Netflix programs, Pokémon Bank and Project Kaeru. Everything else, like downloading games from the eShop/FreeShop, browsing the web or using other online services like Miiverse works. There's no known correlation between the bans.
You can unban yourself by replacing the banned LocalFriendCodeSeed_B file with one from a console that hasn't been banned (download link and guide in the Pastebin), but be aware it could get banned at any moment.

>Switch
[Jun 20] System update 3.0 has been released. PegaSwitch hasn't been patched, but other exploits have. twitter.com/daeken/status/876965449837293570 twitter.com/SciresM/status/877069524977106944

>Vita
[Jun 15] An unstable beta version of Enso has been leaked. wololo.net/2017/06/15/ps-vita-hack-henkaku-enso-beta-allegedly-leaked-recommend-not-install/
[Jun 6] HENkaku release 10 received an update. henkaku.xyz/changes
[Jun 6] Adrenaline 5 released. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/Adrenaline/releases
[May 9] Coldboot HENkaku teased for July 27. enso.henkaku.xyz/

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13237588
discord(dot)gg/C29hYvh
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reposting from last thread, just as a potential warning for others:

>use luma3ds' new screenshot function
>takes a while, like normal
>suddenly top + bottom screen become a single color
>leave it for 10 minutes
>still frozen
>okay, I saved anyway, let's just restart
>SD not recognized
>put SD into PC
>you must format this disk before it can be used
>Literally nothing I can do but format the disk
>Have to install everything all over again
This is not a troll post, this literally just happened
Thanks luma

How old is /hbg/?
strawpoll.me/13237588

>no option for under 18
You're doing it wrong.

>luma

I pretend summer isn't here

The summer meme is dumb. It's always summer.

I have hopes that reddit keeps most of the summer to themselves, even some of my older friends dont go here because we are ((mean))

Yep, I got meme'd
I really should have backed up the entire SD but at the same time I didn't think that a fucking screenshot would corrupt the whole card.

On the bright side, my recovery software was able to recover the screenshot. Isn't it great?

Can we have this as next op?

Most people on Veeky Forums are 14-20.

kek
that's perfect

Seconded

this please

I got a sansdisk, and greatly regretted it
>Only used it for maybe 30 hours tops
>Suddenly noticed 3DS Music was having issues loading song list when it never did before
>Then a game ended up hanging at a weird part
>Then my badges where having issues loading
This was before I even got Luma. SD cards can just be shit and you'll not know till it's too late. That's why backing this stuff up is so necessary.

>not using Sharks
You deserved it.

Go to /csg/ and you'll see people every other thread with failed sharks

Is it worth updating to Luma 8.0?
It doesn't have anything bad in it aside from this ?

Wow freEshop is great.
Updates and dlc at a tap.
yall niggas been holding out.

Why is this asked every fucking thread 5 times

Hey so if I wanna system transfer a n3dsxl to a hacked n3dsxl do I have to do anything special or not because the target system is already hacked?

It is not. You gain no major benefits from being on b9s right now and everything seems like a downgrade from just sitting on A9LH.

TFW Ever oasis still isn't out.

Just transfer, make backups

Damn,
I just region swapped my New 3DS xl to jp, signed up for an NNID, can access the eshop, downloaded the streetpass update, all without a problem.

I got the electric car track dlc, fuck the stock market

>tfw retards who download Ever Oasis or any new game coming out get flagged for bans because of new AP code that checks for CFW and flags you if caught with it

It's like everyone forgot about the DS days and having to wait for patches to disable the antipiracy code on games

I'm pretty out of the loop.
How hackable is the Switch currently?

I'm about to hack my Wii u. It will be hard for a newbie like me ? What are the risks ?

It's hackable in a way you don't care about.

Fuck off pissphone

>nintendo bans my 3ds
>order a new 3ds xl from amazon
>choose same day day delivery
>arrives at my doorstep
>claim it was stolen
>amazon refunds the money
>use that money to buy a vita and 64 gb card
>choose no rush shipping
>arrives at doorstep
>claim it was stolen
>amazon refunds my money
get on my level niggas. and fuck nintendo and sony

I have a question about Luma 7.1 legacy. Does that work for both 1.0 b9s and 1.2? I ask because i plan to upgrade from 1.0 b9s to 1.2 and im using a n3ds which is a pain on my ass to change memory. Because my screwdriver for it is M.I.A

kill yourself chink

Not him but can it already load up some KICKASS?

I use Sandisk cards for literally every device with an SD slot and never had any issues.
>caring about online
>hard
no
>risk
brick

Jesus, i couldn't live with myself after stealing roughly 1000 dollars from online stores, the only time i did that was a year ago and i didn't meant to, i still feel bad.

>order redmi note 3 pro from aliexpress, 140 dollars for a phone with specs whose equivalents cost roughly 450 in my country because third world shitter
>order 64GB sd card for 10 dollars
>both arrive after a month but the phone's box has chinese scribbles all over it and the warranty seal is broken
>ok, i guess they installed the software needed for overseas use, they did warn me
>screen has bubbles under it, but besides that it's perfect
>take pictures and immediately complain, they offer to send me a new one completely sealed (ie they don't install global rom on it) if i close the dispute and don't give them a bad review
>ok, i was planning on putting aosp on it anyway
>3 months later and nothing arrives
>go complain, they offer to refund me 100 dollars because shipping costs and shit
>whatever, i was fucking done with them at this point
>get 100 dollars back
>new phone arrives a week later
>mfw they bundled a silicone case and screen protector with it

>download retroarch .7z
>download the roms you want
>put everything on the sd card
>launch emulator, select game, play
>also have useful features that are essential to any modern emulator
>also get emulators for non-nintendo consoles

>go to 3dsiso
>log in
>look for every single VC game you want through the forum posts using the messy search system
>hope someone actually posted them
>go through empty request threads and other shit that has nothing to do with what you're looking for
>find broken links
>finally manage to get some of the games you want
>put the .cias on the SD card
>install them through FBI
>finally get to play them
>only one savestate, can't change assigned buttons
>got closer to the 300 installed titles limit
>the banners don't even look good and the uploader put his name and/or spam in the game's name field
>since only retards go to 3dsiso, you're also using windows and don't block ads so you now have malware on your computer

2DS hacked fucking when

fuck off lithuanian piece of shit

Sell sighax/B9S to me /hbg/

You felt guilty for being a responsible consumer?

Ever Oasis leaked yet?
If not, any news of a midnight release on the eShop?

Just a few more days until I get my legally purchased copy!

I had very similar experience:
>made a screenshot
>lol 10 sec waiting time
>whatever, lets load NTR
>after loading it exists to 'blank' home screen with nothing on it
>would you like to format you sd card, user?
>imaged, restored 99% of files
>did tests, sd card is fine (fast kingston card)

luma 8.0 is rushed shit

I can imagine the first major security issue to be introduced once they add this app bullshit because they're incapable of creating a system that can use a headset on its own.

Finally finished my search for a used N3DS. Only 100 eurobucks.

>buying used goods
I bet you like NTR too

Well let's see here. No one has developed good or even usable cfw for b9s 1.2. But you gotta upgrade right away!!! :D

Luma 8 has an awesome screenshot tool, perfect input redirection and, on top of that, a handy exception handler.
Do it

>not having a backup of your SD card

It'll actually be my first time ever buying used, because the small N3DS can't be bought new anywhere here anymore. Only XL and 2DS

I need an answer, I have luma installed, version 8, with CF 11.4
I dont see my apps and my homebrew channel, how do i access homebrew now?

Why would you want a shitty old N3DS when the N2DSXL is going to be our soon?

jesus, somebody help me, did I fucked up?

please add the titlekey for the update to this

Just got a n3ds on 11.0.0-33E

Spoonfeed me on how to proceed pls

Update to 11.4 first.

Read the OP

yes

>2 hours later
>still no answer.
Really, faggots?

Because it ships on 11.4 and it's ugly as hell.

No

End your life.

theres no way of accessing the homebrew now to install everything again?

dumb frogposter

>being this mad

nope

so, how do i restart the process? a guide or explanation would be helpful.
thank you in advance

alright

>buy Bloodborne from Amazon
>they send me the collector's edition
>be very good person, contact them
>let them know they fucked up
>they tell me I can keep it if I'm happy with it, send it back if not
>still feel guilty for keeping it

I used to think you fuckers were memeing about "tranny selling us out" but after experiencing the discord mods it is totally a possibility.

>Discord
Aurora tried taking that place over four times. Of course she'd succeed eventually. Now you're feeling the result of that.

People seem to forget that the goal of vendors is to serve you and keep you satisfied. You're not supposed to fear them, especially when you're doing something completely reasonable. It's because of people like you that corporations literally shit on their customers these days, they know you faggots won't do anything about it

All of the mods have pride things on their names.

Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure that most of the mods put themself up on a higher platform than the actual developers, which is kind of strange.

so? no help?

I never got why Plailect's guide is so full of unnecessary stuff as if they're the most important thing ever.
The "finalizing setup" part is full of pointless stuff that shouldn't even be there, like Themely and whatever. All you need is to install FBI.cia through FBI.3dsx and maybe copy the boot.firm file to NAND. Everything else is completely unnecessary.

Screenshots or it didn't happen.

>like Themely and whatever
have you not heard, iPhone was for retards unless you jailbroke it and could change Springboard themes to make it look like puckered asshole.

How else you would display your creative freedom and how unique your are, unless you change the way one piece of electronics in your life looks and differentiate yourself from another 20 million or so people?

why nobody here is able to help, at least forward me to somewhere that i can fix my 3ds problem

I was banned shortly after i posted that. I don't have access to the logs anymore. discord(dot)gg/C29hYvh go look for yourself

with luma, how to boot original sysnand so that i can re-do the process again?

River City: Knights of Justice is out (EU Store at least) Is someone getting it?

Custom themes are kickass

>boot up Echoes
>no DLC
>uhhh
>reinstall DLC via freeshop, try to install it in-game because Echoes DLC is fucked
>server error
So pretty sure Echoes = Ban

There's nothing wrong with custom themes and other stuff, they just don't need to be in a guide on installing b9s.

only mistake you made was getting a 64GB card for the vita

should have gotten a 3G vita and held out for enso + microsds

Should I update to Switch 3.0?
I know SciresM said it fixes a vuln, but is it worth waiting for?
I mean, how long is it going to take for us to even have userland homebrew, let alone piracy (especially since the Reswitched team says they don't condone policy and their releases won't allow for it)?

ZTD LEAK WHEN?
>ZTD LEAK WHEN?
ZTD LEAK WHEN?

ZTD leak shitposting was more fun than the game itself

SciresM said not to update

Which one is safe? The previous one (2.3.0) or do I need anything older?

Is 32gb enough

64GB isn't enough.

No.

i'm in need of help guys, i have no microsd adapter.. will it work if i use a smartphone to transfer the homebrew file to the sd root?

>3ds
yes
>wii-u
no
>vita
no

>25-30
>1 vote
Hey rick, you're 26 right?

I prefer much bigger

Wot gaem dis?