Hey Veeky Forums

Hey Veeky Forums,
I'm trying to get rid of all the paracidic losses on my car, and I basically want to eliminate the belt.
I've assessed everything it does, and I've been able to find an electric solution for the fans, power steering, a/c, and water pump. But I'm having a hard time finding an electric alternator.
Every single time I searched for one, they all have a pulley. I've even asked a few parts stores, and they only had ones that are belt driven too.

What gives? Is there just no market for it? It seems like it would be popular.

Why

You can do an alt delete, and just run of batteries, but you'll only get like 30 miles out of one.

You can hook up more, but the extra weight would negate the benefits.

BAITU DESS

Yo, brb, gotta get a new radiator for my stock 76 beetle.

No, I don't want to only go 30 miles. Like on the power steering and the water pump, they are driven by an electric. Why can't I spin the alternator with a motor as well? I'd rather buy a product that does this then have to make my own though.

It already is driven off the engine.

Part of me really hopes OP is serious

>Why can't I spin the alternator with a motor as well
Well your car already has a spinning motor, and adding a seperate motor would just be a lot of extra weight and complexity. If only there was a lightweight way to transmit that torque to the alternator, hmm...

This has got to be bait.

Baracidic losses :-DDDD

Everyone who has posted in this thread so far has been browsing this website less than a year

>paracidic

explain to us what an alternator does

>Why can't I spin the alternator with a motor as well? I'd rather buy a product that does this then have to make my own though.
So you want to run a motor off of the battery, to drive the alternator to charge the battery.
I don't think you've thought this through.

user I think you should just buy an electric car.

solar panels

No, he would complain there's too much parasitic power loss when the vehicle is in use.

If you want to rid yourself of all parasitic losses, the trick is to become a parasite. Just get other people to drive you everywhere.

how are those parasitic?

Then he would have to get an electric electric car.

Look for underdrive pullies for your engine lad

*Paracidic

Connect the alternator to the wheels.

Connect it to one of the back ones to help with that weight distribution.

>I'm trying to get rid of all the paracidic losses on my car, and I basically want to eliminate the belt.
LOOOOOOOOOOL

OP's question is stupid but his Idea is correct. The real issue is the pulleys themselves. Get aftermarket lighter ones.

in the 1% chance this isnt bait, an electric alternator would violate a fundamental rule of thermodynamics. they don't exist, and if you do find one, it won't work

Go ahead and google thermodynamics Conservation of Energy and think about what you did.

can reattach my wheels flipped exposing the opposite side? don't like curbed white walls

Because unless you create a perpetual motion machine it wont work

You can just keep the motor separate, and use the induction from its coils to simulate a running alternator. This is how electric cars do it.

>Laws of physics

Doesn't mention those in The Bible, fedora nerd.

Thermodynamics are not your thing huh

did this it made it wider too
why does everyone not do this