>New players:
pastebin.com/55KZTiUK

>Multiple hero video guides
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkiUfT_3_4AnTBKwzZQO7-fDgKDzwPRPr

>Wikis:
forhonor.wikia.com
forhonor.gamepedia.com/For_Honor_Wiki

>Character damage values
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wwr17AtTDFU3BZY_81axLVMKdHdNZuV0wGOb589VKgc/edit#gid=0

>Gear modifier values
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mPLuxn-bPMwxOotsIL8lM-x0jP101dIbUnMD1ten7ik/edit#gid=154396609

>Gear appearances
alfalis.de/For_Fashion/

>Friends list sign up Doc:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe46v1-5y3m5IbPVaP1NRaEjU7tO3YWE_fZkR4dQ5C8nBwI5Q/viewform?c=0&w=1

>For those that have signed up:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b8fuKwrDWqaprZE9mRhDtgDRqkZHIabBfum-jHumLKw/edit#gid=943442915

>War of Factions:
forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/war-of-factions/

>PVP Stat Tracker:
fhtracker.com/

>Story mode collectibles:
gameranx.com/features/id/93082/article/for-honor-all-knights-campaign-collectibles-breakables-observables/
gameranx.com/features/id/93191/article/for-honor-all-vikings-campaign-collectibles-breakables-observables/
gameranx.com/features/id/93397/article/for-honor-all-samurai-campaign-collectibles-breakables-observables/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rYz22WQ7T_U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This game is so painful to play but I still keep getting back to it. Help me anons

Holy shit thank you! I thought out life support was cut off.

You ever try a different game when a match goes to shit? I mean I do, Witcher 3 eases me out after having a game load a lobby and then kick all of us 4 times in a row in the same day.....

I usually switch to GTA V or Witcher 3 after few matches if I get really frustrated but the problem is that almost every single match is frustrating.

I think I need to stop playing dominion.

Yeah head to either elimination or find a buddy and spar in 1v1s. This nice "girl" I met a day ago is a decent shinobi if not a little too predictable. But made a great play partner since "she"can read my moves and not play like a fresh sale kiddie

Post cute mains

Oh boy can't wait for all the low test husbands of Nobushi, PK, and shinobi to all comment on your main being bad. (Aside from the helmet, looks good)

looks good, barbarian

One thing I'll never forgive Ubi for is all the damn spikes. They're should have been a point in the development where one of the art directors was like nah stop with the spike shit I'm sure we have enough.

The second ornament looks so weird to me.

>Wasting that much steel on that walking tumor

Centurion could be F tier I'll still play him

t.poor Vikings who can't afford his clothes.
Next you'll tell me your loincloth and blade on a stick is all you need ha ha

I suppose someone at ubi mistook the Centurion for a Gladiator. Also evident in the executions.

Tried going with the first ornament for the Legate Lanius aesthetic, but it won't recolor with attacker/defender colors. Missed chance.

t. Viking main

I love his executions

I need to update this: my Cent is quite different these days.

Two chads and a lanky warden. Good fit

I just spent two hours teaching a brand new player how to play Raider effectively, how to parry, how do dodge, how to feint, and all that stuff. He was super receptive and really friendly, and told me his mates had just pummeled him in duels without teaching him anything.

It's nice to help people learn. Also, unrelated, but I finally got Cent to rep 5 and found the Achaea set almost instantly. It looks fucking great with just a bronze chest piece, but it's a shame mixing and matching Cent's armour is kinda hard with Achaea due to the trimmings.

so will i start to get better gear at rep 1?

Lol no slave, get in that fuckin field and fame like you're life depends on it! Dominion is the only way, either bot or player matches. Also be sure to buy a champion status to speed things along, preferably the 3 day one

>That stupid face on the chest
>That hideous ornament

You tried.

i heard that you will get heroic gear at rep 3

Yes, but not substantially.

You get Common gear starting at Rep 0
You get Rare gear starting at Rep 1
You get Heroic gear starting at Rep 3
You get Epic gear starting at Rep 5

you want to be waiting until rep 5 to blow your load on crates

But it's not enough , Rep 5 is where the LEGENDs hang out!
(It's enough but, hey some want more so why not)

If you are patient, you wanna get to Rep 7 since you find only Epic gear at Rep 7.

>join match
>2 people are afk

why would you start matchmaking if you know that you won't be able to play

>There are Centurions out there without at least 1 (one) wolf on their armour to represent Romulus and/or Remus

WOW.

Hey man screw you i gotta enjoy my cereal first, not my fault the matchmaking is too fast.

I don't put a wolf on my armor.

I am the wolf.

I fucking do this because it take 15 minutes of matchmaking and loading screens to get to the game.

That's not cute that's Deadspace Helmet/10

Still the best 1973

This actually triggers me

If you look at the symbols for the season 2 Shadow and Might thingy. A wolf represents Shinobi and an eagle represents Centurion

Well, Centurion doesn't get an eagle until Rep 27, and wolves are historically more related to Rome than Japan. I would like an eagle and a wolf for the Centurion, though.

only engraving that fits centurion is paisley 2

What animals would represent the other DLC heroes?

>Not putting a wolf or eagle on your gauntlet so every time you punch them, you have the might of Rome behind every blow

>tfw teach a newbie Roach how to flicker in Duels

>you can trap someone in an infinite shield charge loop as a warlord if he's near a wall

Roman you motherfucker

>Meet a new player playing Roach in Duels
>Tell him to swap to Raider instead
>Teach him how to be an obnoxious as fuck Raider

>Only three charcters that aren't rep 3+
>Acc rep 45
Get out aaalreeaadyy fuuuck

youtu.be/rYz22WQ7T_U
Video never gets old

I'm so sorry

Eh. Don't have your asshole raped by low level Chloes

I'd go play Tekken but fuck its deader then this game.

7k on Steam is alright.

But really I'm getting because it's balanced a lot better than For Honor, where there are entire chasms between one tier and another.

I don't even like fighting games much and came here from Dark Souls
>For Honor has forever ruined Souls PvP for me and made me realize how shit it truly is
>For Honor itself is fucking dead
>Left with nothing
I would have prefered the Blue Pill

Have the devs gathered enough data and pushed a big balance patch so I can come back?
Those fucking meaningless buffs on Kensei are the culmination of their data gathering and they did absolutely nothing since his attacks are still parrybait. And now we play the waiting game again. Maybe next month they'll increase his damage of all his attacks by 5.

I've played all the Souls games and loved each for different reasons ( except DaS3 ), but I never made that connection.

I did try to do a raider's zone attack in warband though

Thing is, this game could have been so good and they fucked it up badly. If someone here has a time machine please bring me back to the Beta

Nah they'll buff Raider's damage

They made the game for the casuals without thinking that it might be taken seriously.

shinobi got brought down to a reasonable level, bottom tier characters (zerk,ken,conq) still suck with no buffs in sight.

TK7 is probably the most balanced game i've ever played tho.

Darksouls PVP was always trash, people didn't just want to admit it because of ego. Ds1 backstabs, strafe and other stupid toggle shit broke that game. Ds2 dual wielding maces is fucking ridiculous, magic with every other weapon on the game, parrys that allowed for fags to switch to bigger weapons for more damage.
DS3, infinite rolls, hornet ring still is king, broken meta weapons to some extent, "Hardcore PVP" is just like the turtle meta here. Make a mistake and it's practically over

How does that contradict my post?

>Tfw reached Rank 2 in the Dark Souls 2 arena (500 win points, losing once means losing a point)
What the fuck was I doing. Not only that you could get the rewards somewhere else in the game without cheating, they weren't even good.

Rank 3*
I was confused by DkS3 because there are only 2 covenant ranks up iirc

i didnt mean to contradict you, i was confirming what you said.

THEN WHY THE "THO", user

Because saying something is not as balanced as tekken 7 is like saying something is longer than shinobi's healthbar.

I see. In that case I'M EVEN MORE HYPED COME ON DOWNLOAD DAMNIT

My display settings arent saving. I want to play the game in windowed mode, but almost every time I exit the game, and open it up a few hours later, I am back at full screen.

I don't even like fighting games yet I like For Honor

Does this game truly need the fighting game audience?

Not really but apparently the guy who made Tekken likes for Honor

it has some fighting game similarities, but I think many of the players who play for honor aren't people who are super into fighting games

i started playing smash again yesterday and i bought tekken last week. i think im done with FH.

theres just so many glaring issues with it.

>matchmaking and server stability
>balance
>inconsistent mechanics
>unlock "tech" and flicker, bug and glitch abuse being rampant since launch
>still no ranked
>still no way to report cheaters or griefers that actually does anything
>get punished now for quitting a game when you can forced to join in progress on a team in dom thats losing by 500 points and has 3 honor fags jerking each other off at battlefield zone#
>cant quit a duel when you spank your opponent and they just decide to run in circles around a cart or brazier and you cant catch them
>ten billion second timer in duel and brawl
>timeouts arent resolved by HP

it would take for this game to bought out by namco or someone competent, or have balance and support outsourced, and then redesigned almost entirely from the ground up, going back to that original concept video and starting from there before it became anything resembling a competition/tournament viable game

That scream when you throw a shinobi off a ledge. Yikes

>>get punished now for quitting a game when you can forced to join in progress on a team in dom thats losing by 500 points and has 3 honor fags jerking each other off at battlefield zone#
I agree completely with everything you said, but this part here is wrong. You get 30 seconds to leave a match without penalty.

I'm not the user but what's the point of that if you still have a chance to get thrown back into the very same match? I had it happen to me few times now.

yeah the female one? screams like bloody murder

Ah true.

Personally I'm not coming back to this game until it's up to standard and beyond with the balancing.

Males makes me feel bad, but the female yup just wow. (Honesty feel a little bad I do it when it's a her)

i'll give you half points

it wont be obvious how retarded your team are until after the 30 seconds in most cases

Ehhh I'll stick with FH I just can't stand fighting games anymore so I'll just be a shitter

I like For Honors everything so I'll stick with it

anyone wanna play on EU?
uplay:TheCorvon

Not him, but a massive problem with the quit penalty is that 30 seconds is not enough time to tell if your team is fucking retarded or not
>Load into elimination
>Win my initial fight and go to help teammates
>Turns out they're honorfags who refuse to revive each other or gank, and actively try to fuck me over when I don't follow their imaginary rules
>Can't quit now without taking the penalty
Quit penalty has given honorfags the ability to hold games hostage now

>Quit penalty has given honorfags the ability to hold games hostage now

I can only imagine this fancy looking knight holding a gun to the back of another guy's head, and screaming "FIGHT HIM FAIR" while the hostage guy sobs and says he just wants to stab people in the back.

We need a drawfag to draw that since they're back now.

>playing against a Raider as Conq

I think my dude has a concussion from all those fucking cancels.

I like everything about the game except for how it was made.

Its a fresh experience and it gets points for that, lots of points and hundreds of hours of playtime, but it could easily be so much better. And knowing that even after months that this is as true today as it was in the beta has made the game completely unenjoyable for me at this point.

Imagine you'd never had a hamburger before, and you thought holy fuck that sounds incredible. So someone offers to make you one, and you get well fried school cafeteria tier meat, on a brown gluten free bun, with rocket instead of lettuce, red onion, low fat processed cheese, reduced sugar ketchup. Everything about it just ain't right, it's all fucked up. But it's still a hamburger and it's the only one you know, so it's pretty fucking good anyway, as far as you know.

For anyone who has ever played a proper fighting game made by competent developers, For Honor is that hamburger. Except we have the insight to know how much better it could be done, and so easily too.

>Play against a Conqueror as Raider
>Feint a fucking million unblockables but the guy never even tries to parry them
>Just start letting them loose
>He doesn't parry a single one for a whole round
>Round after that I feint to see if he will at least try to parry now
>He doesn't
>Instead he tries to interrupt me with a light every time
>Feint
>Parry the light and guard break him for an unblockable

Do Conquerors genuinely not know how to parry, or do they just not like doing it? It's like playing Conqueror for an extended period of time completely changes how you play the game because you only have one fucking attack.

He could have dodged the unblockable for a free guard break or bash if he was any good, anyway. I fucking hate Conqueror.

Well I don't know what to say

Everyone hates For Honor like everyone so we are the minority

You don't have to parry anything but unblockables as Conq so it's very easy to get complacent.

I find it weird that people hate For Honor. Conceptually, it's a fucking great idea: vikings, knights, and samurai duking it out for supremacy over a low-fantasy setting. The gameplay, while simplistic and poorly balanced, is a very unique, interesting way to handle melee combat in a video game.

I think what people hate more than For Honor is how For Honor was handled. The price tag of $60 USD is very steep for what is essentially a multiplayer only title, when most people would rather spend $40 on Overwatch and play what all their friends have been playing for the last year. The servers are a joke, and Ubisoft fucking sucks at handling communities and the like. I got the game for free, so I can kind of be seen as being totally free of any "sunk cost fallacy" biases. For Honor is a fine game, handled extremely poorly. Had any other publisher or developer handled it, it would have at least had stable servers.

It's kind of interesting how absolute garbage like Overwatch gets a free pass, though. What a fucking abysmal joke of a game. Normalfags and Redditors adore that steaming turd, even though it's genuinely one of the most boring experiences available in online gaming. I think it's just popular to hate Ubisoft, not to say it isn't totally justified.

Conq has superior block for every single attack apart from the unblockables, there's no need to parry with him and even if, his parries are safe because he can parry with his charged attack (hold right attack) which won't get you anything. He's a perfect turtle.

He can also feint with full block, right?

Overwatch has fanservice and colorful "diverse" characters making it extremely acceptable by the common normie. Its coverage in terms of media outlet, is rather positive or filled with just reddit humor. For honor on the other hand is plagued by connection issues and the like that many others push for the negative narrative until it is burned into the skull of every person on the planet who uses internet. Basically hating for honor at the start was a meme, Ubisoft has chances (still imo) to fix it. But they aren't doing it fast enough.

>Reddit the most normie and blindly following memechamber on the internet is shitting on FH 24/8
I understand why Roman is never smiling lmao. They do what they can but it's just not enough and never will be enough to turn the game around in time. The connection stability is literally the best it will ever get right now, this is the highest of feelings.
And not only would dedicated servers be worse for a game as fast paced as this, they would never get through with that request given how dead the game is. Fug.

Well atleast I'll get Ronin

>Cent main who claims you can dodge out of the wall banging
>"just uh dodge left or right"

Is he full of shit or is this actually possible? I haven't been able to dodge out of the wall bang.

Yes

I genuinely don't know. I have managed to dodge out of it in certain situations by spamming dodges, and I have had bots escape it, but I have never seen a player escape it.

On one hand I've seen bots do it casually.
On other, Latency.

I think you can block it if you got banged once but you have to guess the direction right.
Fun, right?
I'm now sure if that works though because I just leave against them. Most cancerous class in this game right now even surpassing PK and Warlord by merely existing.

i didnt get the game for free but im rich as fuck and whats more ive played over 500 hours of this game

my issue with it is that its been a 6/10 game since launch (even if everyone's lack of knowledge about the cheesey meta made it seem better then) and so it has remained, despite having the potential, the blazingly obvious potential to be a true 10/10 and one of the best games of all time and an original idea in modern gaming that actually works

and instead the devs have left it to wreck and ruin

flickering has been an unintended bug since the earliest builds and its caused by pressing the two buttons for a Zone Attack one after the other instead of together as intended. so why not just change that? make it so you have to press em together, or change ZA to triangle/Y/single keyboard key. a simple solution to a game wrecking bug that has gone unsolved for over six months since players first got to play the alpha

>The connection stability is literally the best it will ever get right now, this is the highest of feelings.
I really hope not, I love the game but the instability of the game is one of its biggest flaws.