/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Hammer time edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World revealed for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. youtube.com/watch?v=xe-RAeDfOMM
↳Information with sources: pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Extended footage: mmcafe.com/nico.html#http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm31388446
↳Blurry demo footage: u.nya.is/fzyrht.mp4 | mega.nz/#!XtAyQabZ!cpb1tCm8embSW0EwwSAZ9M05AuFJCl9k0JhPIq5J1Uo
-Livestream in a few hours

>News
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. confirmed for 8/25 in Japan, region free. youtube.com/watch?v=CvzTD_RYDXs
↳No current plans for XX localization "at this time". twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/875133030326652928
-Monster Hunter Stories is coming West this fall.

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fvKE9iVz-Ig
youtube.com/watch?v=qo147cgKsXQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for cautiously hyped

youtube.com/watch?v=fvKE9iVz-Ig

Livestream link for people who missed it

>cut out the main audience and try to appeal to the west
>then only advertise to the japanese and only show the footage in japan

capcom...

>being able to cancel heal/eating animation meaning there's a chance to escape getting 1shot
>everyone gets capture guru now so we don't even need to bother to see if it's limping
>anime shit is back but less flashy
It keeps getting worst everytime i see more of this game

First for the Nintoddler's tears.

Alright let's get some semblance of Monster Hunter here. List:
>Best Elder Dragon
>Worst Elder Dragon
Explanations as to why is most welcome.

Why does the Greatsword look so fast and weightless?

no slut armor no buy

Anime without the pointless flash and kiddie colors! MHW is everything I've always wanted from monhun!

mounting looks so easy this time

This game is going to sell 2 million tops

youtube.com/watch?v=qo147cgKsXQ

Did we watch a different video?

I guess they want to go with a combo GS approach

おかえりなさい、 モンスターハンター

ITT: Faggots who will NEVER be happy with anything they get

At least we saw palicos

>Oh, the monster threw you off? Don't worry, you can just grapple back onto it! :)

What does the visual effect when you charge look so bland?

I agree, it should've had more sparkly shit because that's what Monster Hunter is all about.

Here, World Healing without potato angle camera.

>How DARE people not like what they see! NINTODDLER! NINTODDLER!

good, we dont want you

I'm not even a monster hunter fan I'm just a lurker whose been watching the shitstorm thanks for proving my point though

>that super attack
What the fuck?

i hope the other maps that get added aren't as much of a clusterfuck as the forest

>How DARE people like what they see! SHILL! SHILL!
You know this is getting boring. Do we have other names to call each other?

>People say X is anime as fuck
>But this is okay

Then fuck off back to your cesspit that is /v/

Proven from every game that's been released or will be released, MHW apparently isn't an exemption. Guy has a point user

Didn't really seem to cause topples though. The mini-game in general seems very different when mounted too.

>Then fuck off back to your cesspit that is /v/
nah

Link a single post saying this is ok.

It consumes your spirit level

Based on the meat, and the player cancelling out of eating not giving them the effect, i think it's safe to say you have to finish the whole animation to get the full effect or you end up wasting part of the potion

>''we''

>People say X is anime as fuck
I didn't notice superdives with no repurcussions.

Are you having a laugh? Mounting was always piss easy.
If anything, this has potential for some harder and more interesting mounting gameplay with later monsters rather than the same QTE every time.

Hang on, did they remove LS aura or something for this attack?

We're all one person don't you know?

Anyone that complains about longsword getting a vertical bar spirit gauge is confirmed for wanting to be tripped more often then a loc lac hunter fighting plesioth.

oh right i forgot where i am. please return to regularly scheduled discord posting and unironically playing double cross.

>mounting Alatreon
>easy

Did it have to look so ridiculous though?

Back again with some more things.

- Great Sword finisher changed slightly. It is now a two hit attack, with massive damage on the second hit. Hunter does uncharged draw slash (30?) -> uncharged strong slash (whiff) -> finisher (30 + 134).
- Some damage numbers are grey, some orange. The orange ones are higher numbers so grey probably means bad hitzone and orange means good hitzone.
- When running from Anjanath hunter eats a bug from on the ground, it temporarily gives him slower stamina consumption from sprinting and faster stamina regen. Lasts for 60sec.
- Rathalos dropping Anjanath from the air does 1181 damage.
- Hunters can move very slowly while affected by roars.
- Hunter fires para throwing knives from his slinger. This knocks Rathalos out of mid-air, then paralyzes it while he puts bombs next to the dam.
- Rathalos takes fall damage after being washed off the cliff. Triple digits, around 500 damage I think? Low bitrate on video makes it very difficult to tell.
- Bow appears to have gotten it's own variant of the demon dash from dual blades. Forward and backward dashes are seen chaining into charges, side dash can be seen chaining into explosive arrow.

Anyone else feels this game looks way too fucking easy? Hunters are so fast now but Monsters are slow as shit even when in rage.

I can ignore all the other casualization but the combat doesn't look right to me as a MH vet.

Next stop : Blancharlotteposting.

so hard to get a good quality lance gameplay

I'm reading the information pastebin on OP and i saw this :
>No village quests, however the story is done through the multiplayer and can be done solo.

This with the PS+ shitposting in the last thread scare me as a solo hunter for life. Will i have to get PS+ to play the game even in solo ? Is it going to be like MHTri on wii where some quest and monster where multiplayer only ? Or is it going to be like the last game on 3DS where i can do all the game even G rank solo (more difficult and longer but still doable solo)?

>Use item, consumes one unit
>white bar acts as a temporary recovered unit
>Has to finish the animation. temporary recovered unit doesn't count when hit and actual unit will be used when calculating damage

People are losing their shit over this?

>I watched someone play the game
>Lol, so easy.

>People say this game is mainline
>It looks more of a spin-off than X

>mfw XX represents the last bastion of mk2 Monster Hunter.

mk1 - MH to MHFU
mk2 - MH3 to MHXX
mk3 - casualized garbage

with how cluttered and constrictive the map looks, i don't even know how faster monsters would even work

>people say
It's not a people say argument anymore, the developers have said MULTIPLE times it's a mainline game.

>Nintencucks this much in denial

>mk2 - MH3 to MHXX
>separated from casualized garbage
AHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

yeah, that certainly looks like lance.

>It looks more of a spin-off than X
how? if they had the technology on the PS2 this is what monster hunter would have wanted it to be like

So does damage just look low because the health bar is so small?

Doesn't stop it from looking like a weird ripoff of MHO

Uh oh, someone's triggered

Thanks user, keep up the good work.

Lanceguy didn't get a lot of screentime, sadly. Didn't see a lot in the way of new moves.

>Doesn't stop it from looking like a weird ripoff of MHO
This is getting desperate now, you need to take a walk or something. You've deluded yourself that melons are exactly like apples.

>OG triple stab
yeeeeeee boi

>Livestream in a few hours
>when it already happened two threads ago
>no link to stream

Triggered? Quite the opposite user, your kind are quite the stress relievers while i do my work.

>mhxx is a last bastion of anything
lmao keep slurping up ichinoses doodoo droppings dude

Its assumed that this is low rank. Stop losing your shit over an obiously easy demo

Why do they keep putting new moves on the weapons? Just go back to FU movesets ffs

Read the thread you inbred cretin:

probably that + tutorial demo monster
inb4 this is 3U again

That's not the point.

At least it didn't have the triple thrust finisher.

You can always go back Grandpa

Didn't even think about that, that's a good observation.

>just go back to like 3-5 moves per weapon and have only greatsword hammer and HBG worth using

>World has been in development for 3-4 years
>Still looks janky and unpolished

Really flashbombs my rathalos

We've only seen mounting on MHW's equivalent of YKK.

>implying that's a bad thing
>implying more moves is better

yea I mean the stream quality was shit and lance guy is always at the bottom

>*mk2 - MH3 to MH4U

Fixed for you my man

MHW feature in Famitsu this week. Nothing new probably since there's no leaks

It's almost like this team that's used to just porting PS2 garbage in verbatim and slightly touching it up had to come up with a whole new set of assets and massively adjust the gameplay.

>gets a link to the stream
>that's not the point
You're correct. The point is you're a stupid faggot.

Why not just let you choose between doing the regular or triple thrust finisher depending on input? I liked the new finisher, just not it replacing the old one.

>best
Shaggy Maggy, just feels like a fight against an ascendant dragon, that seems beautiful and radiant on the outside, but is destructive and brutal as fuck at its core
>worst
The fucking Mohren fights. They're not fun, they're barely a fuckin fight to begin with and having to grind their pieces is one of the most boring and tedious things in this game.

>Used to have to use your imagination to play MH
>They actually make real video games now
Casualized garbage

He's talking about the OP not being updated with the livestream link, friend.

based analyzer user

Because it's an unneeded addition. Lance is beautiful in its simplicity. Forward thrusts. Upward thrusts. That's it. That's all you need.

>What you are about to hear are the NPC's talking in Japanese, however, we will have an option for people to play the game with Mon Hun Language

Why would they ever demo a hard fight? You think this is darksouls where 85% of the fanbase gets a chub if they see the words "game over"?

They got shit to show off. They ain't got time for carts.

I can't really put my finger on why, but I don't know, I just wasn't very impressed. I'm still on the fence about it.

Won't lie, a lightweight take on styles would be nice, but I guess all the stuff from Gen/XX came off as very experimental

but thats boring. it seems to have a new guard stance of some kind and i guarantee you it will have a new aerial/sliding move as well.

LOL, shows how incompetent they are.

>tfw played Ranger in DD
Getting some DD vibes and I like it.