Nivelle Nights Edition

>>LATEST PATCH NOTES>NEWSLINKSPLATOONSFAQ

Other urls found in this thread:

battlefield.com/news/update-notes/nivelle-nights-update
latimes.com/business/technology/la-fi-tn-battlefield-20170619-htmlstory.html
youtube.com/watch?v=wO8oWYLhT6o&feature=youtu.be
emblem.battlefield.com/OMbHHM6g9D
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Finally it's back, this has been deader than ded for a week.
So what do you guys think about Nivelle nights? I think it's alright if the enemy team isn't spamming snipers.

Let me guess the general didnt come back since everyone was in the discord

This shit is killing Veeky Forums

we dead general now.

Are there any patch notes?

battlefield.com/news/update-notes/nivelle-nights-update

If you want to find a scapegoat for a game that is lacking severe amounts of content, has bled out on average 60% of the original playerbase across all platforms, and the dying state of Veeky Forums in general, by all means do blame one piece of the puzzle.

It's true though that discords will severely impact the traffic a general gets. Especially depending on how big the general population is, on smaller generals almost everyone just gets on discord and never touches the thread again, and it gets even worse when the cliques start forming.

/bfg/ is just one example of a general that used to be fine and is now basically dead thanks to discord

Go ahead and look through the vg archives and look at the bf4 bfg threads. They were barely maintained through shitposting and webms and it was even more cliquey and circlejerky than the discord is right now. Discussion of the actual game was almost nonexistant in comparison to threads today that 404 before they reach the post limit.

meant to reply to

LMG rebalancing when?

It was different though and the threads were actually alive. I liked the chat we had on the threads when BF3 and BF4 were a thing.

Now with BF1 the general is just dead.

>it was different though and the threads were alive
>literally planes being posted with dicks on them
>the same webms being reposted ad nauseaum
>people discussing who was their favorite BFGer
>shitposting between BFG and FREE
>bf4 BFG being cliquey to the point where they had multiple mini cliques on the battlefield platoon feed, skype, steam group, etc

it was literally as bad as your average Veeky Forums mmo group posting. Most of them got scared away from BF1. What's left are people who actually cared about battlefield. I can understand missing bf3 threads, I miss them too. They were actually posting and being friendly to each other with the occasional marcus blogposting here and there. Discord is only one piece of the problem. Its the dying state of Veeky Forums and a bunch of other factors affecting the usage of the internet.

I actually agree man, I'm just saying I wish the threads were more alive as they used to be.

>join a 40 map OP server
>empty
>join another 40 map OP
>empty
>join whatever OP
>64 man St. Quentin with an artillery truck hacker
>leave
>join a 40 map OP
>empty
>alt+f4

Fuck this game and fuck me for buying it.

>playing Operations

fug. this map is really good.
Instant favorite so far.
trench raider will finally be relevant.

Why is the Auto Revolver the best sidearm in the game, boys?

Hello?!

Hello!

I actually prefer the Gasser and the No. 3, but it is a fun little piece.

But the Gasser has an insane reload and the No3 shoots too slow.
You can't keep on dumpstering guy after guy with either of those like you can with the auto revolver.
I feel like Auto Revolver is the best all around revolver in the game, and am really glad that the medic (bae class) has it.

The only good thing the gasser has going for it is the range it 2HK at and the No3 is the fastest to draw of all the revolvers and is all class. But for the medic, the No3 is made obsolete by Auto Revolbae

>they didn't patch the operations scoreboard glitch
HAHAAAAA
I'M FUCKING DONE

>just got first service star mp18 optical
>only 8/20 headshots
>i've had the dlc since it first came out for poorfags
just end it all i'm not fit to live

Has anyone else been getting weirdly high ping and packet loss on east coast servers? Kinda sucks that they haven't addressed the issue yet.

The Bodeo would like to speak with you.

>that reload
No thanks

Outside programs and other shit should not be allowed on Veeky Forums

Rainbow 6 Siege General went from the best General to the worst thanks to a teamspeak server

Anyone on Xbone want to play in about an hour?

Wait, they didnt? What about the conquest control bonus?

*revives thread*

Don't forget to thank your medics after they revive you!

I say Thanks Doc every time I get revived

But Operations is the most fun game mode (except fighting sand niggers).

Wish more people played the French operation in soisson and rupture. Favorite so far and never made it all the way with the French

Frontlines is much better than Operations.

latimes.com/business/technology/la-fi-tn-battlefield-20170619-htmlstory.html
>it's historically accurate to portray women fighting in the brusilov offensive, something that did not happen
>it's historically accurate to portray women fighting in operation albion, something that did not happen
the coasts need to be fucking nuked. and i say this as someone born and raised in new york

True, but you can't do large frontline games

they fixed that and the jihad cycle, but somehow not the operations bug

They surely have their priorities straight

bumping with WW1 documentary kino
youtube.com/watch?v=wO8oWYLhT6o&feature=youtu.be

do only premiumgoys get the new map, or do people who have the DLC without premium get it as well?

People who have the DLC without premium get it as well.

i have the DLC but i haven't been able to find any games with the map

can they play it though?

never mind i'm just dumb and/or impatient

How's the new map? Is it worth trying or should I stick to operations and frontlines?

ripped from the OP:

>Nivelle Nights is out now for Premium/They Shall Not Pass owners.

It bretty gud. It actually feels like you are in ww1. (except for the guns) the map is full of trenches and craters.

i was just unsure because ever since it was first released on the CTE back in april the line was that it was only going to be for premium owners

>play the new map
>lose 4 times in a row
>switch servers
>lose 2 more times
Welp, good thing I'm going on vacation tomorrow.

then you wont get the good battlepack for winning 3 times on Nivelle Nights!

I'm not mad, I got the only other skin I wanted from this revision from my free battlepack today.
Howdah skin acquired

puzzle pieces?

lol
>The map name is ambiguous and hard to translate in some countries. In the Polish version of the game this map was originally named "Wieczory w Nivelle" ("Evenings in Nivelle"). It wasn't accurate translation as it described the "Nivelle" word as the name of city rather than a French general's name. The map's name was finally changed to "Ofensywa Nivelle'a" ("Nivelle's Offensive") to prevent ambiguity.

Funny way of spelling tachenpistole

>He doesn't put orders down

Nivelle is definitely going to be the next Frontlines map, you can see from the distinct trench placements and sprawling NML that it has a very back-n-forth feel to it.

>he barely has a 1 to 1 k/d

>tfw no Ian gf

Yes of course. I don't have Premium but I have the TSNP DLC and I've been playing Nivelle all day.

Auto Revolver > Taschenpistole >= 1911 >>>>>>>>>>>>> everything else

>He can't do both

Post your melee weapon of choice!
Pic related for me

Let em' think they're winning

is worthy buy the premium pass or the dlc They Shall not pass? the only game mode with people is conquest and i wanna try the other modes

If you have a little extra money to burn, and play bf1 more than once or twice a week, just buy premium. If not, get tsnp by itself

Where are the xbox faggots?
Haven't seen any of them today?
ALso who the fuck removed the KEK flag from the emblem?

Fuck off Tulio or whoever you are, the clover is closer to appropriate until someone actually makes something better.

The thing is that the current emblem is shit and looks nothing like the Veeky Forums clover
Pic related is an actual BF1 emblem that we could use

This Nivelle Nights map is really good. Wonder if this and the other French map will be turned into an operations

Any word on a frontline mode for 64 players?

Why not this one? Here's a link.

emblem.battlefield.com/OMbHHM6g9D

Anyone still play BF4? How dead is it?

I played the BF1 trial this weekend and liked it, but didn't realize the sale was ending so soon. Not paying full price for it now, but I've got that BF itch again.

>get a new medal after 6 weeks of nothing
>it's the French 25 kills with every class one
>get all four classes and 3 tank kills
>plan to finish it tonight
>patch wipes my progress and gives me different medals

I say we use this one, it's not obvious to pretty much anyone who doesn't actually browse full time.

Very cool map, lads. What're the chances nivelle and prise will be combined into an operation?

we wuz quiet on the western front n sheeit
i swear to god if this turns out upside down again

>Fixed an exploit which allowed AT Mines to be placed on vehicles.

No fun allowed.

kekistan is reddit tier cringe now

It's sideways. Are you just a little upset since it's not upside down?

yeah

dice pls gibe emplacements on new map
seriously though how the fuck do you not have emplacements on a map dedicated to static WW1 trench warfare

>now

It was from the very start.

kekistan and the kek flag were the beginning of the end for the praise kek meme, which up until that point was still fairly funny

The early get threads were gold, but then it became more and more like a serious cult and people started to do cringy shit, and now r_td loves kekistan too much. Fucking cancer.

>"people" are still playing this trash game

>"people" still """posting""" on this dead trash of a """"general""""

That's fucking disgusting. It's like le anonymoose all over again, except this is somehow even more cancerous.
But that's not bf1. We should talk more bf1. What are you looking forward to most when In The Name of Tsar drops? I'm looking forward most to this fucker right here. I hope the lance lets us skewer multiple close enemies to make kraut-kabobs/Slav-kabobs

I hope the medic rifle will be a good addition like the RSC.
Medic SLRs never disappoint in being interesting and fun.

I'm also looking forward to the hilarity that will be spear cavalry

its amazing how all the DLC maps are utter garbage and this new one follows the same suit. also whats with the stupid fog everywhere that makes your fps drop and also add nothing of value to the game besides "oh we fucked up and made a shitty map so we'll add fog to create artificial difficulty and visibility"

My point exactly. I also feel like the kekistan and flag memes came from, or at least blossomed somewhere else than Veeky Forums.

At least they're better than giants shadow..

What are the weather variations on verdun?

Anyone got screenshots of the french tanker and/or the howitzer FT-17 as it appears in-game? Blz.

>mfw the fog sets in on the new map

Does it always roll in at the last 100-200 ticks or so, or was that just a coincidence in my games?

coincidence. it was from the start in one game for me

>playing conquest
>not playing Frontlines which has no vehicles and no shitty weather effects
sasuga /bfg/

I tried a few frontlines games but they are so loooong. Did they fix that yet?

I used to play a lot of domination for non vehicle non weather games, and lots of battlepacks (-+5 games an hour was about 2/3 packs) but they doubled the tickets and they're now almost as long as conquest games.