Is there a reason used car prices are so much better in yurop than US...

Is there a reason used car prices are so much better in yurop than US? I'm sure cash4clunkers fucked our shit up a good deal, but surely it couldn't have created THIS much of a disparity on its own.

American cars are better than European cars?

Sub prime financing.

Used to be it was nearly impossible to get financing for a car more than three years old. And your credit had to be good. Now financing 10 year old cars to bottom feeder credit scores are where the money is (it's expensive to be poor) so the prices spiral ever upward due to easy money availability.

Insurance is higher there, fuel prices are hight there is less demand for them as public transportation is more available, and overall its less of necessity and more of a luxury.

Here in the states if you live anywhere outside of major metropolitan centers you have to have some sort of transportation to do anything, there are no trains from town to town, buses only run in larger cities or college towns.

Because they're not?

They're way cheaper in the US than in most of Europe. Not only used prices, but also taxes, registration, insurance, and gas.

why are you using a trip

You must be new. This board has the highest trip post rate of any board.

I've been posting with this trip since before Veeky Forums's 2-mil get.

You're stupid.

Hi newfriend welcome to Veeky Forums, Lurk Moar will you?

Straight talk: here in america a lot of people drive their shit into the ground or just donate their cars for a tax write off.

What did asahina mean by this?

Road salt.
>live in NE
>rust has killed most 9th gen and older f150's and most early 90's and back c1500's especially 3rd gens
>old ford and chevy trucks were cash for clunkers highest turn in rate vehicles
>literally anything older than 15 years old probably has terminal frame rot
Fucking kill me

>enabling tripfaggotry

Used car prices are actually bottoming out a bit since last Winter or so because the Jewish economy sucks so bad there is an oversupply on the lots and they have to price the used even lower than the new.

Great time to pick up something neat second hand at pre-communist C4C style prices.

Simply because they're less demanded.
In most countries you get punished for owning an older car by insurance or taxes, in addition to fuel prices making fuel economy important. This makes it so that for older cars the small displacement 4 bangers are worth more than the bigger 6 bangers in the same model.
We didn't have Obama's traded cars destruction scheme or whatever the fuck it was. Nanny governments take away old people's licenses before they crash, and so there are plenty of old cars available.
Take in most people are normies who only care about how new a car is, and that a car should be scrapped after 200k km and old cars aren't worth anything here.

I don't see trips, apart from the fact that it was posted at 02:22

leave donuts out of this shes a good girl

All the slavs and gypsies here will steal your old car anyway so you might as well give them away for free.

This, and the fact that only americans will pay $3k for a fucking 100k mile car.

>only 3k for 100k car
jej
you'd be fucking horrified looking at craigslist in the NE

A somewhat nice 5 year old used car with 100k on it, costs 15k usually, then we're talking below mercs and bmws, like used peugots and other midtier meh cars.

That's Denmark btw. Tax for new cars are pretty crazy too.
You pay 105% money in addition to the car price until you hit about 15k dollars, then you pay 150% additionally for the rest.

Aka a car that would cost 38k, would cost you 88.25k. Goes for import cars as well. Hard to own a car in this country.

How many of those "dirt cheap" cars would pass your nazi like quarterly safety inspections? You people freak out over small body rust holes, A spec of rust on the frame of one of those cheap cars and it'll get sent to the crusher. Plus the taxes you guys pay on older "un green" cars will negate any of the cheapness. Don't kid yourself. You guys have it pretty bad.

>donate their cars for a tax write off.

It's pretty sad thinking about all the decent condition cars and trucks that got sent to the scrap yard for $50.

>quarterly
fucking lelllell can eurokeks get any more cucked?

>no ejection port on that shitty beretta 92
This artist is a hack. I bet its the same kind that overdraws details on fleshy pussies

pedo

>ejection port
>open slide design
wdhmbt?

>100k is a big deal
uhm NO sweetie

Because this board is infested with people who found out about Veeky Forums through facebook.

Veeky Forums and trips existed before Facebook became mainstream newfag

I share your pain. Seeing a car older than 1995 on the road is half ways rare where I live, and I don't live in a wealthy area at all.

not if you know your TÜV guy ;^)