Sup Veeky Forums, recent high school grad about to head off to college, got around 6K to buy my first car...

Sup Veeky Forums, recent high school grad about to head off to college, got around 6K to buy my first car. I'm not very knowledgeable about cars, but will I actually look at all as cool as I think I will driving an 84-96 Corvette around campus as suggested in the sticky pic? I love corvettes, but my parents insist they're redneck cars and are cop magnets, which is something I don't want. It may sound lame, but I want a car that will get me pussy, does corvette fit the bill?

Also how do I get my hands on one like in the sticky? It says those cars are all under 5k, but I have yet to find an 84-96 corvette for under 12k. And if corvette is a bad idea in general, what are some cars that are cool as hell and will get me girls?

Help pls.

Other urls found in this thread:

grandrapids.craigslist.org/cto/d/1987-corvette/6313493381.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Civic SI

post your local craigslist.

>Doesn’t know shit about cars
>wants a Chevy

Checks out

3k civic with a few simple mods

Get a bimmer if you want a semi reliable pussy magnet that won't attract cops.

>I want a car that will get me pussy,
College girls won't care about what you drive, especially not with a $6k budget. You'd get more girls if you spent that money on beer.

>Also how do I get my hands on one like in the sticky?
The sticky is somewhat out of date and I've never liked it to begin with. Also, a C4 Corvette isn't a good college car because it lacks space for all the junk you'll need to take to school.

>I have yet to find an 84-96 corvette for under 12k

You're an idiot then. My CL is full of them under $6K. $2500 for an '80s model needing some work. $12K will buy you a 2000 C5 which is a much better car.

>Get a bimmer
>reliable

Get a miata. Chicks dig the miata.

>looking for Corvette
>find one for $6k
>C4 Corvette
>freshly painted
>looks great
>it's an auto
>close tab and continue looking

Retard

I'd sooner get a manual that doesn't look as good versus something that was freshly painted but auto.

Never driven a C6 but the C4 and C5 autos are trash

Reliable

Have fun being slow I guess
I beat the absolute shit outta my 700r4 and it still shifts smooth

>deathtrap

no

whereyou located at? fucking nice LT1 c4's everywhere here for 5-8k. Can even find a few nice higher mile C5's (usually auto) for 7-9k

>thinks he isn't going to lose a fuckload more horsepower in the drivetrain of an auto vs manual

>thinks he's going to shift nearly as fast as an automatic

Just save the money and get a C5 Corvette. They look infinitely better and still have meme pop up headlights.

Your parents are right, you should get one anyway though

>shifts faster but looses much more horsepower than the manual because multiple clutches

Autos didn't git gud till just recently.

Autos on the C4s aren't great. They lose torque and HP. Like others have said only recently had the Auto vs Manual debate became about feel and not efficiency

c4>>>>c5 when it comes to looks

Meant for

nothing says "baby boomer" like a C4 Corvette

i had a 93 c4 for a bit. it's a very fun car to drive, but the interior is complete dogshit. it will fall apart and rattle like crazy. i would not recommend it if you are looking to impress chicks.

>driving on a college campus
>having a car you care about keeping nice
Pick one. The student body is full of fuckwads who don't belong on the road. Buy a beater with a reliable engine for school, you won't regret it.

>freshman in college this year
>Miata got scraped in the parking lot 2 weeks ago
>No note, no nothing
>3k in damages
Never trust a parking lot. never.

do you want a car that both girls AND guys will love?

cause I have a mini cooper and girls love it, but I never hear any praise from the guys

Get a Pontiac GTO fag

Make sure you get an LT1 car with the 6 speed. You'll really want to check on the condition of the all the rubber molding too. They all need to be replaced by now, but luckily a lot of cars have had them replaced. The interior will rattle too.

Seeing as your parents have a say in what car you drive though, you should get a $3k civic with a stick. Not being a dick, $3k civics are sad.

Also, corvettes certainly *are* redneck cars

I meant to say $3k civics are fun, not sad, lol

freudian slip??

more like a retard slip because you're retarded.

Clean ones are nice, they're all over $10k here, some closer to $20k based on what I've seen on craigslist, but I have no idea what they actually sell for.

OP some of us tried to tell you about C4s when you made this thread on /b/ last night with the same pic. The car sucks, choose something else. As much as I'm not a fan of $3k civics as a general rule, a $3k civic is superior in many areas that matter... reliable, can transport things, fly under the radar, good gas mileage, fun rev-happy engine, interior at least in place and functional, so many things.

If you managed to pull a chick in your C4 I bet a guy in a $3k civic will take her away when you're broken down on side of the road

Get a 3rd gen instead. I fit more girls in mine that you could in a corvette

My E39 perfectly is reliable, typical plebs

You can get a nice one for less than 10, but probably not a real nice one for less than 5. You also haven't stated where you live geographically so how should we know what your market is like? Anyway, you can't even daily drive these things without waiting for something to break my dude. Just get a miata. I had one before my c4.

Spotted the guy with the $3k civic

Sure worked for Elliot Rodger
Oh wait

>just bought a 1990 supra I plan to DD around town
>know only tiny about cars
>first car in stick too and haven't gotten "gud" yet
What can of worms did I open

You did good

I just bought an '86 Corvette for $3,100.00. Pic related. 50k miles, needs nothing major; some worn paint and a minor tear in the seat, but the car is sound. Yes, it's an automatic, but the 4+3 transmission is junk. Do not get an early C4 with a manual. If you want a manual get a later C4; personally, I can live with the auto because of the digital gauges.

Congrats, you win.

Buy a pair of aviators and drive into the sunset as real life becomes an off-colour VCR filter.

>wants a fun car but is scared of dying

You cant have it both ways, safe cars suck ass. Danger is half of the fun of a car

Ok, first things first, you will look like a try hard faggot cruising around campus in a tired ass corvette, you will be a joke. Want to really make friends and impress girls? Get one of three cars, A wagon, a minivan with as many gadgets as you can get, or an SUV/Truck. You will likely be one of a few people in your circle with a car. So having something that can haul as many people as possible scores you more points. You will also be helping people move around for beer and pizza. Finally, you have a mobile sex machine to make out and fuck around in away from dorm room partners.

nice rides but parts will still eat you alive. dont buy a vette as only car.

grandrapids.craigslist.org/cto/d/1987-corvette/6313493381.html

forgot to add its $5000

Cars dont get your girls. Driving the wrong ones respells them though.

This seems like a pretty good deal if it's not rusted underneath. I'd prefer a manual though.

I'm not the OP btw, sorry for stealing your thunder bro

This desu, or the cleanest GMT400 or OBS Ford pickup you can find. Maybe a NBS Chevy.

How many times have you changed your opti?

>pic related my car

5k supra

That's a good question, and I haven't had to change it a single time, even after driving through some torrential storms.

That said, I know it can and probably will happen sooner or later. Though I'm planning on trading the car in for a Viper when I find the right one, and hopefully before the optispark fails.

How about you? Sweet ride user.

Get a beat up 3rd gen prelude if you want the puss, I'm pulling mad bitches.

Just kidding. My gf fucking hates my car.

>I want a car that will get me pussy
Buddy the only car that will get you any pussy is a $200,000+ super car, a car you clearly can't afford, so no matter what you drive, girls won't care unless ur chad

Pretty much this. I once saw someone hit my car with their door in the parking lot as I was approaching it. They didn't even give a shit until I confronted them. I don't really care too much since my car already has some dings and he didn't leave a ding, but a "sorry about that" would've been nice.

If you actually find one that is nice, get ready to either walk a lot or invest in some door protection.

Also, you're not gonna get any powsi from the car you drive. Most chicks don't care. The ones that do are extremely shallow and dumb. It's gonna be hard to be the guy with the coolest car if there are Noveau riche Chinks driving cars in the "more than you can afford" price range that treat Maseratis like Civics.