/gwt/ - Gwent: The Witcher Card Game General

This UGLY son of an Craite is winning HOT MMR edition

>UPDATE TO MATCHMAKING SYSTEM AND LEADERBOARDS
playgwent.com/en/news

>Useful Links
playgwent.com
gwentdb.com/

>What Legendary/Epic card should I pick?
gwentify.com/card-picker/

>Cinematic Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=5yu7FVZOyAo
>Gameplay Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=sKqy04OmOGo

>Gwent Faction Videos
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLU38xdPjmayBOHQ7q7V7O4LVK5HilH-FK

>All Character Voicelines
forums.cdprojektred.com/forum/en/gwent/general-discussions-aa/8341630-list-of-all-gwent-character-voice-lines

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdvB0mpDJoL4pbUQs5DSc-3Qvo3DXmj6SB35TLavdA1X7_mbA/viewform?usp=sf_link
discord.gg/RkBqZtr
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>This UGLY son of an Craite is winning HOT MMR

Spreading lies on the internet

damn, Triss is ugly

Speaking truth user.
BTW Falka Ciri card when?

>tfw got to rank 17 before the MMR changes
>all the brainlets who wasted time on casual will have a much harder time climbing now

yeah fuck it, I'm not playing ranked until next season if these changes stick

>guy playing against superlifecoachjj using willey

Jesus christ this guy really hates axemen

I know that feel, hit 17 last night with Frost Mons

I want a card of Essi "Little Eye" Daven

N-th for Triss is a needy and boring submissive animu waifu with a personality of a cardboard box yet also an incredibly malicious and poisonous cunt whose entire existence in the games can be attributed to some cringy ass tumblr fanfiction tier writing in the first Witcher and whose entire purpose is to literally suck Geralt's dick every second which is apparently a decent enough substitute for actual chemistry in the eyes of a person who wrote her. I don't really care about Yen and the whole waifu debate, although it evidently makes all the sense for Geralt to be with her, but really. What a shitty fucking character.

Also, any NGfags here? Is Letho enough to salvage the nerfs?

just lost against NG playing Willey at 3.4k, first loss to NG since the patch

Between the NR machines what makes the two ballistas more popular then the trebs?

>t1 crach into mork
>t2 wild boar
>opponent forfeits

fucking stop i want to plaaaaay

PRAISE BE TO THE GREAT SUN!

Why do people randomly replace staple golds with retarded shit like Igni?
This fucker was literally running Igni instead of Hjallmar.
Why even do that?

what was their t1? That's a decent pass if you went first and they didn't blow anything too crazy

most likely reason is they don't have Hjalmar, or any other decent skellige gold, so they put in their best neutral gold.

it is possible he does not own it

incredible i know

I need a way to trash talk skellishit players. Is there chat or whatever in this garbage game?

>lc and jj swap to a midrange mork/olg deck
>within 1 hour of the stream starting its all i find

quality

What's midrange?

if you download gwentup there is

easiest way I could explain it compared to hs or mtg

basically its got nothing special its just a bunch of solid cards, no combos etc

Got it, thanks.

after taking into account reddit's feedback cdpr has nerfed NG into the ground making them unplayable. sure there are cheezy meme decks but it never was as good as it once was

imo the best decks right now are probably skellige, spell scoia'tael and monsters

Why the fuck did they ruin the ranking system?

>accidentally start ranked game
I just wanted to edit a deck after a game, fuuu

I like the way you die, human!

So what was up with the rank 1&2 players screenshot in the last thread?

How's the new ranking system? I just hit 17 last night and I wanted to try for 18 before the daily reset.

Did they nerf Skellige yet

to turn it into a real grind. there isn't a whole lot of incentive to play ranked if very few points are earned

the new ranking system is basically win less and lose less points

Lifecoach said on stream yesterday CDPR acknowledges the issues and is working on it

gonna get Reinforcement, Nenneke and Shani, eventually
>he doesn't have at least 35 cards

>here isn't a whole lot of incentive to play ranked if very few points are earned
You play cause it's fun.
>Posers and Pseuds

COME ONE COME ALL BECAUSE THERE'S A TOURNEY ON THE HORIZON - /gwt/ showdown

Participants will be matched up with others who sign-up and fight for the claim to be /gwt/'s champion over a three day period starting on 30th of June, ending on July 2nd . The winner and runner-ups will receive prizes including Steam games and being better than everyone else who played.

Sign-up sheet:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdvB0mpDJoL4pbUQs5DSc-3Qvo3DXmj6SB35TLavdA1X7_mbA/viewform?usp=sf_link

For the sake of organization either your GOG ID or a Discord ID will be needed to sign-up. If using only one GOG IDs will be organized via that PMs and Discord users can join the accompanying server in the link above to ensure we don't have last minute drop-outs with no explanation.

RULES:
-Matches are going to be done through Friend Matches
-Matches are best of 3.
-Finals will be best of 5.
-Requirements to join: Discord and/or GOG ID for organization purposes

Fights are to be decided between participants after brackets are done. Wins will be recorded after a screenshot of the winning person is produced to one of the organizers.
Brackets will be done by organizers but fight times must be done in agreement with eachother. Failure to produce a screenshot of the winner in due time will result in a DQ.

30th of June – First bracket
1st of July – Second Bracket
2nd of July - Semifinals/Finals

discord.gg/RkBqZtr

Rate.
Also axemen feel a pretty balanced when you don't have access to weather, they rarely ever go above 12-15, which makes me think they aren't that great in a Harald deck that lacks tempo plays.

should i play monsters or dticm to my sk scum

How many entrants are there/how many are expected?
I'd love to sign up but if the first bracket bleeds into my plans on the 30th then I'd have to drop.

We're 8 so far. I'm expecting at least 10-12.

brainlet/10

use the silver with 5 attack damage

That's an idea, but that might be to much damage on top of the stuff I have already. Cheap damage helps a lot more to set up a good Harald chain.

I just started. Is there anything that is time limited that I should get asap?

don't you have bears for that?

ranked rewards and daily shit

refunds on nerfed cards already gone

Bears are only 1 damage per card, what I meant is that Holger Blackhand will outright kill or weaken a card so much that I can't really get the full potential out of Birna, Coral or Harald, or even the Shieldmaidens sometimes if that makes sense.
Still a decent option.

I see. The only reason I suggested him was because of the easier kill of Hjalmar's Lord of Undvik

they're perfect in the current meta tho

people shit their pants and waste spells on them

tfw you forget that mangonels activate regardless who does the reveal and have 2 mangos on both sides.

is gwentup any good?

It lets you do away with the black screen during mulligan, so yes.

>tfw you dbomb his imlerith 2 turns before villentretenmerth destroys him but then he plays kayran
>tfw you lose by 2

oh fuck yes

Reddit

I play reveal deck with Letho+dbomb
I feel like Tibor is shit and giving card advantage to the opponent isn't worth it, anyone else?

ressing/renewing a gold after it was shackled should promote it back to gold

t. sk player

t. Hjalmar

t. Sigfrieda

which characters would you like to appear in july?
shilard and rience here

Nivellen, easily. There's even a decent artwork already

>characters
Just give me kikimoras and wraiths

t. Dandelion

so when exactly does the season end?

>more bears

season lasts two monts, ob started in 20th-something may
so mid july

thank you senpai

start of open beta + 2months

Some spectres would be nice, the nilfgaardian ghost in witcher 2 and the lady in towerful of mice would be cool.

>too much of a lazy brainlet to drag myself to rank 15
>today's patch has made the road to 3k even longer
>tfw I'll never get muh witcher 2 dandelion avatar

next season my friend
then we start with better cards

How does exp for level up work? Winning a game seems to get you +50 exp. What determines the "performance" exp?

>Garrunah is playing reveal + mill hybrid in top ~20 ranked
Is he onto something?

How many cards are played, how many rounds it goes to, and a couple other things. Basically you get the most exp if you 2-0 your opponent.

Ah that makes sense. Thanks

fresh memes

>Basically you get the most exp if you 2-0 your opponent.
Is that why nearly everybody in casual tries to all-in me round 2 and then loses round 3 going 2 cards down?

>that one bear
go full bear or replace this random element

How could you fail to protect his smile /gwt/?

GIVE ME MY MMR BACK

no, the reason is because they are dicks who wants to deny your daily progress

no thanks, that one bear is great for knowing when to mulligan away last maiden

makes it less random

how fucking retarded is CDPR
man im so glad that i didnt spend any fucking money on this game
each update makes it worse

I still watch him when he streams and I'm in the mood for Gwent. He's still the most pleasant to listen to imo.

> Borkh and Kambi

Explain

scare them out of the round if mork and raiders with winter coats doesn't do it

>Tfw mangonels are garbage so you can't run them
>Tfw if you get into a mirror and the other guy has a mangonel you are forced to forfeit

>I feel like Tibor is shit and giving card advantage to the opponent isn't worth it,

Absolutely. Letho D-Bomb are extremely reactive cards, they're are trash without CA, specially when Knights might reveal them in your hand.

Drop Tibor for sure

Is ranked even worth it now?
I hit 15 beforehand with NR before the changes and wasn't playing ranked cause I was waiting for the meta to settle a bit more

Nivellen is pretty fucking based

Can he be NR? Cause he's not a monster, just a dude that got cursed, and he can touch silver and shiet

>Did they nerf Skellige yet

Nerf SK and you'll get 75% monster
There's not that much to nerf.
Axemen work as intended, is frost what is bonkers. But they won't rework frost anyway.
Bears will/should be 5, but knowing CDPR they'll put them back at 4 + some extra nerf like not wounding spawned units anymore.
Shieldmaidens are balanced. If you eat/discard one, the card becomes bad. Really bad. On their own, they are 5/6/7, which is shit compared to the average 9.
They can be a tempo play, but every faction does that and even more effectively. They also need a condition, while the other musters don't.
Hjalmar is fine.
The other cards are either decent like Lugos or Coral or memetier, like Vajborn and Kambi.
Or, of course, just bad, like Birna or Cerys. Because Cerys is shit and everyone knows it.
What else do they have?

Nope, it's a huge fucking grind now. Anybody above rank 14 is affected by the mmr changes.

Did my scrub ass really play against Mogwai there?

How'd you do, user?

He forfeited the moment I scorched his 12-12 brigades

>Shieldmaidens are balanced
>Hjalmar is fine.
I wonder what faction you play

Good job. I'm proud of you.

how many threads are you gonna post this on?

SK and NR are fundamentally broken factions for one simple reason - both play solitaire instead of a duel game. Their mechanics require very little interaction with the opponent so mostly it's a one sided game of try-to-break-their-combo. This factions therefore can be either overpowered (fat enough to play solitaire comfortably), or utterly shit. Gwent was designed by monkeys.

haven't you posted this before?

Don't bully mogwai, he's obviously still experimenting in this game

>when people still didnt learn and weather your Redanian Knights
>dat mouse over it to read wtf this card does