/tfg/ - Titanfall General

Stiff Edition

>Lore, lewds & more
tfgeneral.com

>/tfg/-created Helpful Videos, Tutorials & Mods
pastebin.com/7U6BiSkn
syampuuh.github.io/mods (currently outdated)

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/titanfallgeneral

>Networks
PC: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/pc/11942/
Xbox One: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/xbox/445674/
PS4: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/63/
Searching 'the fast guys' will bring it up in game for PS4; for PC, you have to join using the link, and for XBone, you need to request entry in the thread first.

>PSN Community
Search PSN community for "Titanfall General", request membership, and state you are from the thread. It helps us add you to our friends lists, and that makes stacking easier.

>News
Monarch's Reign Complete Patch Notes (inculding the quiet stuff): i.imgur.com/iohNh1B.png
FNN 15: respawn.com/frontier-news-network-05-23-2017-monarch-reigns
Monarch's Reign Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=rMeaxj8k_3U
Meet Monarch: youtube.com/watch?v=s85IrfMlBUA

>Titanfall Spinoffs/Side Projects
pastebin.com/5YngGgjd

Doomed Thread:

EVA-8 better

EVAngelists, where you all at?

best raifu all laifu

Go fast tfg

1ST FOR RETARDED DEVS AND SCORCH A SHIT

>Stiff edition
AAAAWWWWW YEEEEEEEEE

based

Your a bit slow user don't you think you are the one that is retarded

Is it just me or are there only like 2 maps where Scorch is good? He's so situational and relies so much on being able to trap enemies in corners with gas canisters that he feels awful on open maps with a lot of unenclosed spaces. Other titans can just walk away and he's fucked.

Overall, you aren't wrong, but there's way more than 2 maps that are any good for Scorch.

It's more like there's a couple maps where Scorch is fucked.

We miss you klagster
Your not gonna like what you missed though

>Is it just me
no, unfortunately. hes great on complex. hes very situational but dont let that stop you from playing it if you want to. its only a video game.

Unfortunately it's not just you. With practice he can be decent on a lot of the maps, but unfortunately there are areas where he just can't do reliable damage and is pretty much made useless. I've had a lot of success with him on a lot of different maps, but there are a couple where it would just be frustrating and I'll pick Legion instead.

I'll be on tonight fo' sho'. Gonna power through this working-all-the-damn-time exhaustion and have fun with my fellow acolytes of the Church of Stiff
What wouldn't I have liked?

Remember there's more to this game than just killing titans with your titans. True, scorch's ability to completely fuck up another titan is very dependent on positioning and some maps make it difficult. But if you force someone to run away, then you've denied them that area. This can free you up to kill pilots or AI, depending on the mode. Flamewall, gas traps, and creative thermite splashing can reach all kinds of spots to flush out pilots that other titans can't hit. Area-denial/lane-blocking is important in Bounty hunt, hard point, ctf, and to a certain extent attrition. Big boy has lots of strengths that run deeper than just titan hunting. If you're playing lts, then yes, you'll have a hard time finding success on certain maps.

Nothing just um..
Uhhh ummm I have to go!

Yeah, I only really enjoy playing him on Complex and Crash Site. The long hallways and cramped corners make it a pain normally, but they play to Scorch's strengths pretty well.

>Thermite Cannon can now be air burst in mid air
>Thermite DoT is no longer completely unreliable
>Gas Canisters launched through flame shield are sent flaming and explode on impact for damage and AOE fire
>Firewall slows movement speed

He probably is the worst Titan in the game, and that's someone who's got him Gen 9. A Ronin may be close range only but at least it has the mobility to make that not such a gimp, but Scorch is some huge slow tank that wants to move even slower to any kind of sustained damage, and even then you're mostly relying on the other person having bad positioning.

He needs to be more competent at mid range. He doesn't have to be GOOD at mid range but he has to exist at some level besides close combat, which right now he just doesn't.

Fire should deal more lingering damage, and affect Ronin who are blocking.

>Gas Canisters launched through flame shield are sent flaming and explode on impact for damage and
this is something they shouldve done a long time ago. a lot of people had this idea and it makes sense. also helps scorch without being overpowered

>and affect Ronin who are blocking.
fire/thermite does. including firestars. electric smoke as well. all damage ronin while he is blocking, though the damage is blocked like it normally is. fair compromise i think, cant sprint with block up, only dash and walk.

Holding a sword up in front of your face shouldn't block being set on fire from behind.

scorch doesnt need crazy buffs. just adjust primary a little bit, give it the EPG treatment maybe. also change some kits so inferno and wildfire aren't such clear choices.

Anyone on TFG Ps4 up for some attrition?

how's low TTK mode?

are titans affected at all?

are grenadier weapons the same? can cold war kill in one barrage?

Titans are not affected.

Grenadiers are the same, pilot tacticals have had some adjustments. Phase and grapple in particular. No boosts.

Giving his canisters an arc aimer like his primary, and maybe, MAYBE reducing one or two cooldown by a few seconds is all he needs.
LEAVE MY WIFE ALONE

What are the adjustments to grapple this is important

Longer cooldown.

The EPG is affected in that its AoE damage is much lower, but this shouldn't affect anyone using the weapon correctly.

Longer cooldown. People who are used to using grapple effectively and managing the cooldown and reeling of it already shouldn't fid the change too jarring. But people who are just learning it and how it works are going to find themselves at the end of their rope pretty quickly.

Oh, my mistake.

>Pilot weapon TTK increased.
>Amped weapon TTK increased.
>Stim speed boost slightly decreased.
>Phase Shift has 1 charge, but lasts longer.
>Grapple has a slightly longer regen time.
>Silencers are broken in this test.
As Jay described on Reddit

>going to find themselves at the end of their rope pretty quickly.

>are going to find themselves at the end of their rope pretty quickly.
You cheeky fuck, I could kill you for that.
Good to know though, thanks. I still haven't grasped the ways of the hook.

Ok so I just got my first ever match of pilots v pilots (playing low TTK playlist)

wtf this is awful why would anyone enjoy this

PvP or the High_TTK playlist?

PVP

High TTK is pretty fun.

PvP for some reason goes against what makes Titanfall fun for me.

It just feels like CoD with wallrunning. Having 8 players means you get flanked too often and it's just a shitfest of camping and nothing happenng.

Attrition still remains the best gamemode, hands down.

The Titans and Minions are what make Titanfall.

On the other hand, I played my first Marked for Death. Really fun

I still want some sort of objective based gamemode for Titans. All we have that's really Titan-centric is LTS.

It would be so neat to have something in like, the vein of Halo Reach's Invasion gamemode focused around Titans.

Hopefully we get to use Titans in Frontier Defense.

WHAT HAS HIGH TTK DONE TO THE MASTIFF

SOMEBODY PLEASE RESPOND

Titans were a central part of Defense in TiFa1. With separate titans filling different roles in team composition they'd have to be in this iteration of it.

So High TTK is just so RSPN can collect data right?

Scorch is fun.
No, I don't know how to webm anything other than shows

FDef 1.0 had multiple kinds of unique titans. Mortar titansthat would use quad rockets to mortar the harvester, Arc titans with permanent arc fields around them to discourage melee and Nuke Titans, Ogres that would kamikaze rush you.

HAVE YOU TRIED COLDFU?

Yeah, it's basically the same as a PTR.

>cut hitscan damage in half for high ttk
>its still way too strong

lmao at this game

im pretty sure they gave them the r97 nerf for all ranges

>Score +44

REMOVE BOUNTY HUNT

So the hot discussion now is

how can melee be fixed?

Why would you remove best gamemode?
It can't.

Make it two hits to kill

2 hits and cut the Commando Pro shit out

I propose that all the happy hour stacks play high_ttk for as long as the mode lasts

(you)

One-hit melees take no skill to pull off, and makes them a priority whenever you're within like 5 feet of someone. Completely removes close range gunskill.

There is literally nothing wrong with the melee system.

Get good and stop being a slow.

see

So use a weapon that's more suitable for closer range engagements.

servers that fucking work. this would also be the proper grapple 'nerf'

bored drawfriend around these parts does anyone want to request something

Or just make it like Titanfall 1, replace the ridiculous teleport lunge with reticule magnetism and give it a bit of a windup. The game is too fast for 2 hit KO melee to not be completely pointless and I don't remember Titanfall 1's melee system causing this level of salt.

Briggs with the JUST haircut about to shoot herself in the head.

Trap pilot

this is why they leave you know

moe version of Gun for Hire callsign

This a million times over.
I can't think of one goddamn time I felt like the melee bullshitted me in the first game.

Gates comforting trap pilot here

It doesn't tho? Reaction time is a skill you hit him with a shotgun first or he melee you first

What triggers the melee lunge anyway?

It's shit

Mommy Gates wearing an apron and making cookies for her boys

I don't have to when I can just hit the melee button and get an instant kill for free.

>literally homes in even at weird diagonal angles from 5 ft away
>"""""nothing wrong""""

that too

This was a bad time for my monitor of six years to finally give out. It's currently in pieces on my dining room table, waiting for some capacitors to arrive to try and get the power board working again.

Haven't played in almost two weeks, starting to get withdrawals. I want to try the high ttk mode and get a feel for it. Do softball sticks still kill in one hit? Same for a CW burst? I think I already read that EPG is still viable.

yes

yes plz

I just played PvP on glitch with the mastiff

it was one of the most fun games i've ever had and i shit all over the F3s

user's were saying last night that softball was doing pretty badly, but it felt about the same for me.

Same, I don't think they touched it at all.

where's shampooh

can't he pull the stats directly? I know there was a table for "low ttk" but are they final?

i haven't got any concrete way of knowing if they've changed them since the client patch

High TTK is a fucking blunder lol

had to finish this with haste because i had a work meeting hope you like it!!

I wish they'd remove sentries from that gamemode. It's completely shit.

Jumping usually does it

I dunno, the real problem is that melee wouldn't make sense WITHOUT the homing system because of how fast the player movement is in all directions. It's really, incredibly, awfully annoying but I can't see how melee would work in a game where characters sprint and bounce at mach 5 through the air without some kind of "magnet" melee system.

Worked fine in Titanfall 1 with just view magnetism and no lunge.

>melee is perfectly balanced in TF1
>decide to fuck it up in TF2
For what purpose?

Any reason not to go Low Pro kit 2?

I guess Kill Report can be useful for finding enemy spawns/action but there's not a ton of utility for that to begin with

Im about to hop on to try the new ttk playlist for a bit if you'd like to join me. Attrition after a couple of games?

Titan Hunter counts on Doom and works while piloting a Titan for core meter

Still not as good as low pro IMO but a worthy contender at least

I like to use hover for EPG sometimes. CW really benefits a lot from it. Seen some good krebar players get milage out of it as well.

The Titan Hunter kit is also good for Titan brawl but that's about it.

The wallhang and kill report seem a bit useless though.

>The Titan Hunter kit is also good for Titan brawl but that's about it.
I thought Titan Hunter didn't do anything while you're in your titan?

Melee deals 85% health damage

It's massive but it's not a 1hit kill

>Collecting all the helmets unlocks nothing
I guess I shouldn't have expected anything in the first place, but it still feels odd.

i have a feeling that this would make people not even attempt to melee unless they get the drop on you and execute. i mean, if the pilot sees you coming then you are dead unless the pilot is the worst shot on the planet.
i cant imagine how many people would complain about dying after their 2nd melee attack failed to land because they got blasted in the face. itd probably be the same as now. "but i hit him first! i was in range! its the shitty servers fault!" etc.