/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood General

fuck i dont know he's an edition edition

An update regarding the status of congested Worlds: sqex.to/Zns

An update regarding resolutions for the instance roadblock and 90k errors on the NA data center: sqex.to/9J2

>Job Guide
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/jobguide/battle/

>4.0 Patch Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/296b070f41c0e0dedae24de50ae7c51abfa95055

>Callback Campaign for Returning Players
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/callback/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells
pastebin.com/raw/kFkd6CCq
Previously on /xivg/:

cicken

Why aren't you guys playing on Omega yet?

Best server.

Oh boy, now we have TWO threads

>The best team composition is PLD/PLD/AST/AST/SAM/SAM/SAM/SAM despite all of the penalties
The balance in this patch is a fucking joke lmao

Nevermind then.

Bird

posted at the end of a dying thread. please help

post scalieboys

So which of our three threads do we want to shitpost in?

The one with a pile of shit for the OP

Neither, let them die you tard

ayy das me

>The map for this floor has been revealed!
>SAM still walks straight into a landmine trap and later on a pacify trap
So this is the, dare I say it?, power... of FOTM rerollers...

Would you fuck Gegeruju

>tfw done with the MSQ now
>tfw the endgame is even worse than in HW and I'm thinking about unsubbing now

Just finished Stormblood, aside from unlocking the Expert dungeons and EX trails is there anything else to do/unlock?

no ugly ones please

Is fishing in this game fun? Is it lucrative?

I liked fishing in WoW

I enjoy it, it can be.

From a lore/common sense standpoint, can someone explain to me why are we even fighting Susano?

The guy compliments your character, salutes you during the fight, literally asking you out to have a drink with him, and generally just wants to chill.

Why is he even considered an enemy? I really want to chill with Susano.

This. I'm probably going to resubscribe to World of Warcraft. Despite of Legion's flaws, it's still way better than flopblood.

>rushing the msq
You did this to yourselves.

>took me two days to get 314 ilvl
literally dead

To make the red shells mad.
Also primals aren't allowed to exist

It's similar but I'd say there's more variable to it like weather, bait, time of day, stats on your gathering gear etc

I didn't rush it. It's been like 5 days now user, taking 5 days to do the MSQ ain't "rushing" it.

>Rushing the MSQ
Actually I just played till completion, all of the side quests are done in each area, just curious as to whats next.

>healers keep eating my gaudas devotion
>start slapping an X on it while moving it to the DPS
>some healers move closer towards it
WHAT FUCKING GIVES YOU SHITS
also why not make the buff fucking partywide shit our AoE got gutted and giving 5% to the healer 99% of the time surely isnt worth it most of the time when they just stand the fuck around

because "primals drain aether" as in the worst plot cannon in the game

Could someone explain Bard gauge to me? Critical Windbite and Venomous Bite are supposed to proc my gauge, right?

It's just that my gauge never pops up. I'm concerned if I'm doing something wrong or just bad RNG luck.

you need to use a song

I am 64 WHM and found that I healed more than usual in Susano when I tried it last night, but I solo queued for it and my
co-healer was completely worthless. I have found dungeons to be exactly the same as they were thus far, with almost no gcd heals required, even with shitbird tanks from DF. I have heard the 65 one is where things start hitting harder, I'll find out tonight

I'm an actual raccoon now.

>primals aren't allowed to exist

I know that part. But he literally did nothing wrong. Him and Ramuh. It's a bit stupid.

I'd breed this raccoon.

So I only have roughly 30 seconds for the procs to happen? If not I lose the stacks?

would you protect this smile

Reminder that you're not playing the game right if you rush MSQ just to raid and do dungeons then complain about being bored.

There's an S rank up in the Lochs on Balmung instance 1 if anyone's interested

>4 ears

nah you need to fantasia into a female character for that like jeph spicson

Post caster glamours

you really didnt even read the guide did you lmao

No, the eyepatch is dumb and so is his hair.

The upper two are just parts of my hair!

Yes

that coat is too long for a fencer
try again

So what do i do with poetics now? Im capped and dont wanna run dungeons before i know what to spend them on.

xth for rampant dragon sexism.

Mostly to scare the fuck out of the red Kojin so they wouldn't help the Garleans.

post dumb anime blindfolds a 69 quest for in a city for those wondering

>dungeons heals
>almost no gcd heals required
are my tanks just super bad or something? I've had to spend more time cure spamming in the 63/65 dungeon an absurd amount even when they're only tanking 3 enemies

come relax user

is just accent in writing user

Is there a setting I can change so that particular hot bars save job specific setups like the first 3 in the center? I have a larger hot bar for my mouse buttons, but unlike the normal bars, it doesn't save the job specific actions mapped to it. Am I doing it wrong?

My kinda gay dragon people

ugly

uncheck any ones you want to be per job

FUCK. I'm retarded. I completely missed that tab. Thanks user.

man those revealing outfits that those steppe xaela men wear is seriously making me think about sex changing
its not fair they get to be so sexy and big with those clothes
the women get nothing compared to the men

I've never been caster, I need ideas.

>bought the Collector's Edition
>still hasn't shipped
>no early access code
>no digital code
>my face
Never again

i want to creampie that raccoon puss puss

post world

no problem, can be easy to miss some of the finer settings; good luck

Way shit gear or no cool downs I guess.
It's been pretty normal for me, large pulls (like all of the guards in the palace) require a bit more attention.

Though, Thin Air Cure 2 spam makes me feel like my cock is HUUUUGE.

How do you make money in this game?
Gathering?

>2 pld
redundant, pld/war is the best combo offers all you need out of tanking and more damage
>2 ast
nah, you want 1 whm for sure for more damage

What, you can't gpose a limitbreak?

if youre going red mage you need to look at the clothing, a fencer will look good in a light coat with wither no sleeves or tight long sleeves the coat itself needs to retain a bit of flair to emphasis the style of their technique but it cant look too over encumbering a nice shirt can also work if you find a decorative one. you want to avoid anything bulky hell you could even pull off magic pirate if you can get it down right

Excuse the terrible resolution and graphics settings, I'm enduring a really sad experience

>come back to the game for 4.0
>need to catch up on MSQ
>makes me do titan HM again

wat

>2 weeks ago
>"white mage has NO raid utility!! it sucks!!" (aka no damage)
>now
>"you want 1 whm for sure for more damage"
literally what changed?

Shadow walker is cute! CUTE!

>my sexual experiences

I'm a tank so I kinda have to, unless youre a shitter, but in that case youre just going to get kicked.

Fresh hot new memes. I like it.

Gathering is the best way for consistent money, kinda like a job
Crafting is for the big bux.
If youre good / have a good group you can do sales for fast big moneis.
buying gil will get you even more fast big monies, although the market for it right now is pretty expensive due to the expansion just dropping
buying bots to farm shit loads of gil will get you the most amount of gil in the game, you'd have so much gil you can probably sell if for actual money too

>literal guide on how to play the class ingame
>people still dont understand 1 2 3 combos
really ignites the engine

how fitting

>WAR
>Better than DRK
Uh, I don't think so, sweetie.

most people in this general are mentally retarded
they were also saying war was going to be shit just because pld got buffed

I've not done the 65 one so I couldn't tell you as far as that goes. Ive had 4 DF tanks in the 63 dungeon: 2 were in shire (wars with returning player icons) 1 in HQ white gear (drk), and 1 with proper mix of 270 Alex/shire gear (pld). The guy in white gear was pretty squishy but I queued with 2 friends playing SAM so everything just melted before any issues happened. I did have to use 2 or 3 Cure IIs that time though because mr white gear pulled 6 of those palace guards at once and they hit pretty hard.

I'm hardly spamming cures though. I'm wearing my Crit/Det 270 set, using Alex weapon.

I've never been much of a lore nerd but some of this Au Ra lore is interesting. I'm surprised they put this much effort into giving each of the tribes their own personality.

RDM isn't a fencer. There's a reason literally every RDM you see in game has gear an actual fencer wouldn't, your fencing is limited to a melee burst phase. That's why the outfits between the catman RDM, Mr. Vampire, Arya and Alisae are all impractical for fencers, you're a caster first and foremost

But theyre right. Still according to my sources all statics in Gilga are going to use DRK/PLD. WHM is up in the air because they haven't worked out if their personal DPS will surpass the stratagem contribution.

That place was actually the most interesting place in the whole expansion.

>try out red mage
>fall in love with it
>take it to 60 and keep playing it
>its now my highest level and I want to main it
>get a tell from my static leader last night and he drops this bomb on me
>"I'm going to give it to you straight user, if you're going to keep playing your RDM, there will no longer be a spot for your in this static"
>forced to choose between a good static, or playing something I love playing
w-wat do?

Leave the static. Play what you love.

How many ebins have you seen in SB?
You bullied them right?

>t. DRK that is just coming to grips with the fact that their whole job is now 'PLD but worse'

No group will invite you if you're playing RDM.

Congratulations, you have a shit static because literally no competent static tries that shit outside of post-clear, when you're just speedkilling

If he's going to be a jerk like that, then it wasn't going to be a good experience in that static to begin with.
Leave and pursue your passion.

When will shirogane housing sales begin?

>playing something you dont want to play so some virtual autists can kill stuff faster

fuck them

>fly the falcon mount campaign
what an ugly piece of shit

Nice shitpost

Either when Omega is released or when 4.1 is

my point still stands for aesthetic purposes their stance emanates fencer and using in while retaining that form in baggy robes is quite offputting

i dont think i'll ever change
really ticks my tocker dude

quit your shitty static, sounds like total scum
find people who play with you regardless of what class you are

if somebody has cute male miqote pictures they would be willing to share that would be nice please

thanks

>throw stone 4's really hard
>it just rises from the ground
looks neat

See, if the chestpiece you had commented on had been an actual robe, I'd understand. But it is the exact same design as every other RDM's chestpiece, long with it cutting at the legs giving your legs movement. You have all the practical application you need for a caster that sometimes moves, not a MNK. If you were a MNK or NIN, it'd be a valid argument because your arms would be incredibly restricted