Just what damage am I doing when ebrake sliding?

Besides the obvious tire damage what damage am I doing to my shitbox when ebrake sliding and what can/ should I reinforce so I can do it safely?
If I ebrake slide too much can I end up like pic related?

That's from sliding into a curb
Just don't slide into a curb and you'll be fine

you'll stretch out your e-brake cable.

ebrake pad is meant to hold your car statically, not actually for slowing the vehicle. they're not supposed to be serviced, but you may need to if you constantly grind that thing down

This really depends on the car. Some cars use the normal brake pads/linings for the parking brake, others use specific linings. It really depends

>e brake

How many hand brake skids are you doing m8?

just stop doing it

Stretch out or snap the cable on your parking brake

Don't buy a VW. That should help when it comes to practicality.

Slid my 99 Corolla a couple of times, biggest casualty it suffered was from sliding into a curb and breaking my front driver’s side CV joint/axle, other than that I hit a fence.

Did lose brakes at some point though and it turns out I ground down the rear drum brakes, so I had to replace shoes

Every corner.

You won't wind up like pic related unless you hit something, but unless you have a proper drifting e-brake, you'll be putting extreme wear on it, even potentially snapping the line if you're dumb enough. Basically you'll either need to drop in a proper e-brake, or just stop doing it altogether.

This is not OP I am OP
I really only do it if:
A: I'm in a rush to get somewhere (I have a lot of roundabouts and corners in my town)
B: when I'm in the parking lot to pick up my gf from work

The whole reason I'm asking is because my father is convincing me that I'm gonna end up like pic related just from sliding it not hitting anything or if I slide and hit a pothole that my axle will bend or snap

The car I do it on is a 2001 mustang GT

You should learn to do proper skids without using the handbrake.

You can't get a mustang GT sideways on its own? That doesn't sound right.

I know how to do skids I just don't like leaving tire marks because it's a small town and cops have their eyes on me due to Muskle kar so leaving tire marks everywhere is just the excuse they need to give me a fat ticket

Since noone cares about your Crappolla story, I'll take pity. Have a (You)

I rip skids in my truck on mud terrains and it doesn't really leave marks.

Well mine do for some reason and they're not thin and light either it's almost 2 matte black lines

And ebrake skids don't do this? Something doesn't add up here.

youll stretch the cable so it will need to be adjusted or replaced at some point

and if your car uses a separate brake for the ebrake instead of piggy backing off the primary brake than likely it will need replacing at some point

thats literally it.

german engineering strikes again

Are you stupid lmao, even in bumfuck nowhere the cops arent just going to pull some csi I shit and bust you for last nights skidmarks unless its on camera.

Learn how to do skids proper and avoid E-braking unless you're at the track. Skids are easy af even if you drive a rwd or fwd. You sound like the highschool ricers who say "hurr I can't drift I don't have an E-Brake".

>Muskle kar
a '99 v6 stang is not a muscle car, Cleetus

He's probably just getting hektik from the rear brakes applying without the fronts, open diff probably so it bounces off the limit of grip, feels like sliding but isn't

But it sounded like he was about getting sideways. That's more like a flick than a standing burnout, and should be easier to instigate if you have a big fat murican pony car that should like to step the rear out a bit under power in the first place.