/rlg/- Roguelike General

Over 99 games, and you fags still choose to play Crawl.

>FAQ and What to Play:
FAQ: pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34

What to Play?: pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/V7MzidCu

DCSS tournament 0.20 results: dobrazupa.org/tournament/0.20/overview.html

>/rlg/'s shared DCSS online account
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on Xtahua)

last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/crawl/crawl/blob/master/crawl-ref/source/dat/des/branches/orc.des#L867-L894
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>DCSS tournament is over
>People stopped shitposting about genders (for now)
>Thread dies at 400 posts

1st for /dcss/

DCSS was a mistake

Not true. Once we're able to recruit enough White programmers from here, we can take over DCSS development and turn it into the game it should be.

How do I not die in DCSS?

First, start by not playing dcss

But I don't want to not play DCSS.

evoke feets

I heard you got autism, and I feel bad for you, son, but I got 99 vidjers, and Stone Soup ain't one.

Confuse and run? Those are all low mr monsters and they deal no damage anyway

This issue is that when Burgers are asleep, Eurocucks are working, and EuroNEETs are busy fapping to girls on the metro, the threads briefly dip below the posts-per-minute requirement to keep them from dying.

>Both the official forums and Reddit say spider basements have rare loot
>Gear up and go into a spider basement
>Kill all spiders, dying of poison
>Search basement for loot
>Literally nothing in there except just for fun books

Just died for the first time on Sil. Man those @ with surround are not to be fucked with.

Well, wouldn't you say that loot was rare in that basement?

It's like the wasp houses, sometimes you find power armor, sometimes you get a can of peaches. Just smoke all the spider meat and dehydrate all the eggs and you won't be disappointed.

Why didn't you come to us first?

WHY?!

What's wrong with DCSS?

Is there anything noteworthy I may have missed in the past couple months?

Two MuMo ascensions and the DCSS 0.20 tourney. Otherwise, not much.

W-wew...

Should I do it? My profession is Bow Hunter but I learned that bows suck so I've been using a pneumatic assault rifle. So far I have 900 max power and I can gain power by eating batteries, drinking alcohol, and moving.

That thing is shit, salvage it for the fusion blaster rifle.

Post tums.

Ponyposter won mumo and went crazy because nobody wad giving him attention so he updated the poster himself and left. Bunch of dcss wins. Veronica broke down two weeks ago. Sage stopped playing mumo.
All pseudonamefags news are accounted for I think.

ponyposter won mumo a second time, specifically
he was already on the image as BoltzmannConstant but he went into a 'tism tizzy because he wanted to be on the list twice

>Veronica
Literally who?
Sounds like this place has gotten more quiet recently. Ponyposter was apparently a major driving force for the general by bumping it.

>even in mumo he wanted to samefag

never change, you goddamn legend

Okay

unf dont stop

>You can only reseal cans if they're full
>Can't open a soup can to eat 1 portion and then reseal it
And the devs won't change this because then the can resealer would be too OP.

Hey guys,

Any requests for new games or features for Rogue Nexus? I'm also thinking about creating a database for scores among all users.

Right now I only have Cataclysm:DDA in shared map mode. I compile new binaries for it several times a week.

uh also because the point of sealing in the canning process is to have no air in the can so that no aerobic bacterial chemistry can occur

sealing air in alongside the partially finished soup will not allow the soup to be preserved

I want to say yiufcrawl or other branches, but I haven't bothered to learn the ascii for DCSS yet. Make convince me to start though. Also I can't do webtiles so any extra games you add that allow me to play online are gonna be a big sell. I might be in the minority though.

Is brogue doable via ssh or is it only faux terminal?

I can't think of any features that I'd like off the top of my head, but I'll mull over it a bit.

friendly reminder that only mumo wins under 100 games count. sub 1% winrate is not the way of the pharaoh

>what is vaccum
>what is carbon dioxide

Canning is about preventing oxidation and eliminating contamination by making a contain filled entirely with jam/fish/whatever.

You sterilize the jars, fill the container to the top and seal it with no contamination.

The only real caveat is that you can theoretically seal a half jar of material with wax, but the ROI on programming wax canning into the game is poor.

vacuum will crush the fucking shit out of an aluminum can user
And I'm guessing your resealer doesn't come with a carbon dioxide pump

*bands maybe? Not sure which roguelikes are both playable over ssh and don't already have servers.

Brogue has a console mode, it's ugly and is not very convenient in terms of gasses and stealth but it exists.

you dare badmouth aluminum you whelp?

>3 (THREE) player ghosts guarding the entrance to lair

Wow fuck me

>Sage stopped playing mumo.

Nah, Basil is still playing. He's just splatting early and not drawing attention to himself.

any roguelike which runs in a normal console can be played over ssh
if user wanted he could host a shitload of 7drls or something

We had Angband and Poschengband previously. Actually had quite a few PCB players when we added it. I was also thinking about playing PCB again.

Same with Brogue. I also coded up a weekly seed challenge, but not many players took part in that. I will agree, the ascii version, even with 256 colors enabled, was quite difficult to visually parse.

Brogue is doable in ASCII. We had it up there with the other games, but I can focus on adding that back. Also had weekly challenge seeds.

I will look into those branches.

A few days ago I looked into how DCSS did webtles. Was going to see if I could translate that to CDDA.

BRING BACK TSL
Also PosChengband, elliposchengband, and PosChengband R.

was veronica broco

No.

i feel good when pseudonamefags suffer
i know it's immoral but i can't help myself

the only thing i enjoy is other peoples suffering

how do you feel about pseudoelliposchengband

i hate it!

>pseudonamefag
?

user i...

Can anyone tell me how to use a charcoal smoker in Cataclysm DDA?

cd git
sudo rm -rf cataclysm-DDA

Okay, how the fuck am I supposed to deal with bog monsters or kraken for that matter?

It's a crafting tool. When a recipe says you can use it and it's nearby then you'll use it automatically. You can use [F]ilter in the crafting menu to search "t:charcoal smoker" to find recipes that can use it.

Levitation, teleportation(for you or the monster), negation, descent, blinking, entrancement.

what

delet

What did they mean by this?

Splat.

>step on paralysis trap
>die

Ghosted.

I know it was a phantom that must of killed me. It's just really frustrating when you get this far and die to something you have no way of anticipating.

Traps in Brogue are a tricky issue from a design perspective. They do a lot of good for the game, but they are also a huge pain in many situations.

>die from paralysis
>don't make a 5 paragraph rant about it
>don't go to the official forums to whine about it
I'm disappointed in nu-/rlg/.

D:2 straight to D:6. RIP

died today lads

you die a little every day

Press s a bunch of times every room/new space you go into
The official forum for Brogue is ded, lel
There's the reddit but pender has dropped the game really

a post on the fourchan veegee aralgee which i cannot find fault with
for once

but muh auto explore

>discover potion of experience while dying to orc priests
>run downstairs from a ghost, manticore near the stairs on D:6
>D:1 adder

Auto-explore is only good for the first couple of floors.

Look you have two choices: either die from stepping onto a gas trap, or die from starvation by wasting time searching for gas traps.

>Build the fusion blaster rifle
>Test it on a raccoon
>Awful accuracy
>It causes a massive explosion wherever it hits
>Explosion is larger than rifle's effective range

What happened to the raccoon?

The shot missed completely and hit nothing because it was a 7% chance to graze.

>Fight a Shocker Brute
>Taking damage from shocks and my own explosions
>Kill it
>Wait 30 minutes for the fire to stop
>No corpse

>awful accuracy
Ye'd best be not playing recent(

That was floor 19 motherfucker
Search, dive, and hope you're strong enough to survive

>tfw you finally understand the tendency of vaults to have things useful to their safe completion

Last (notable) game had a falchion of flaming in the big kobold + dream sheep + 3-headed hydra vault.

This game had an un-ID'd potion of berserk rage in a Sewer with a crocodile.

I can do that.

when you say dive do you mean just try to get through it as fast as possible? At what floor do you start doing that?

I am. Did the accuracy issue only start last month? If so can you upload the version you use?

But really I'm mostly just disappointed about the explosion. I expected something more like a powerful energy rifle, not a mortar cannon.

>not playing the game the way the infallible maintainer kevin granade intended
I learned how good the spraycan flamethrower is, at least.

You're looking for builds before PR 20941 was merged on May 17, so experimental builds 6445 or earlier.

The oldest one I see on the site is 6513.

now now that's not always the case
I recently died to a sadistic vault while the vault creator watched, chortling

Use the git repo instead of the downloadable experimentals. Instant updates, and commits back as far as the eye can see. Truly a patrician way to live.

Ah I didn't realize they only kept the last 20 or so builds.
Then you're shit out of luck if you don't know how to compile it yourself. Sorry bud.
For reference, the last commit before the merge would be 93cc8d3

Basically, yes
Just go down as soon as you see the stair
Autoexploring/Full exploring at that depth will get you killed
>what floor
Depends, but D:19 is def a good effing start

but user it worked for qw, the 23rd place winner of the last tournament

also wtf qw ghosts got 150 kills. Though to be fair...60 of those kills by qw ghosts were on living qws.

Wrong game, fuckwad.

i didn't even know brogue has autoexplore because I've never used it
but my point stands untained

>you shit on the wrong street

I think it's funny that Crawl is dominated by political correctness, but the NetHack devs just went ahead and did whatever they wanted and nobody has ever complained.

(in Slash'em Extended you can play as an Addict Transvestite who has a rideable little boy and worships Lady Gaga)

>loveinthe21stcentury.jpg

Someday you'll jack off to the shame you feel from watching elves on KoboldZombied.com.

hahahah these halluc succubus messages with the partner constantly changing shape

First for Chei

I swear, I got the most ridiculous fucking Orc:1 entrance vault I've ever seen.

github.com/crawl/crawl/blob/master/crawl-ref/source/dat/des/branches/orc.des#L867-L894

>Dungeon entrance to Orc is literally one tile away from this
>5 orc knights, all mighting each other again and again
>two deep trolls
>stairdancing is a mixed bag, because no /dig, it's a closed hallway, and half of these fucks have polearms
>no ?tele/?blink

And so, I splatted.

Probably could've waited it out, cleared D and the first floors of the Lair branches, etc. But that vault being right there just threw me for a loop, especially with how insane the rolls for chosen enemies were.