/acg/ - Armored Core General

Just keep tumbling down edition.

Older bread: For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.
We can talk about Ace combat as well and puchi posting is fine too.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin: pastebin.com/z1bJS9gF
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially complete recommendation pastebin:
pastebin.com/Wjv8sukr

Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>Ask.

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>Ask.

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>Ask.

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI

Understanding Last Raven technical stuff.
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

AC Webm and Music collection download.
dropbox.com/s/eh12d8bhn4o5t3p/AC Webm.rar?dl=0#
dropbox.com/s/e43xmgrl76l9bpo/AC Music.rar?dl=0

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8L4md6J3sMw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>upgraded processor recently
>give emulating AC3 another go
>runs smooth as butter, at least for the first few missions so far

HA HA, TIME FOR MIRAGE

Bump.

bumpu-des

Bump.

Bump.

What all is there to do in online sorties if I'm just a solo player?

Bump.

bump

AC3 seems like the most demanding to emulate. Something about the switch of engines to NX changed how efficiently the game runs or something because AC3/SL don't emulate well on low hardware.

Good luck, post arena screens!

Time to fight Final Zinaida. Feels like hell i'm walking into.

You can go on online by hiring mercenaries to fill out a team, though you should probably get a few friends in the community to find mercs for you.

You can also supplement with UNACs. The UNAC DLC (which lets you have 3 customizable UNACs instead of just 1) is totally worth it and lets you run a full team on your own, so you can even take down UWs and such.

it really did feel like a bit of a rip-off aesthetically. So many of the enemy mechs look just like AC2 or FA designs.

Damn this woman.

Damn, so I need a special sortie to summon UWs. That sucks, it means I gotta grind normal sorties.

do you have pics to compare?

Bump.

i'm going to sleep guys. don't die before I wake up.

Since an user recently ordered an AC kit, I thought I'd post my small AC shrine.

Is beautiful.

>two sizes

I thought most of the kits came in the same size?

Also, are some of the parts interchangable between the same series?

Yeah, that's the one problem. You can also wait for the 1 hour a week grace period when the season ends, where you can go on special sorties as many times as you want.

The figures on the far left and right aren't models, they're prebuilt/painted figures.

Ah, that makes more sense.

Bump

Nice collection.

do you guys tend to stay mostly to one company when picking missions and parts, for a sense of immersion? Whenever I'm playing 3rd gen, I start feeling bad for using a lot of parts from crest and taking mirage missions and vice versa

My sense of inmersion comes from by no sticking to a company for a sense of "loyalty" is more I love those missions were you contracted to attack a enemy company base/force/area and then you get the mission on defending the place or finishing the job of the squad you eliminated a couple of minutes ago, truly a merc.

V designs always look so good when they're not hunched over and squatting.

Bump

>wait, who was "Lineark?"
>oh

Lineark sounds like a cool fantasy name though

I'm resisting the urge to not be jealous, and I'm failing.

bump

Bump.

>we've resorted to bumps due to no new AC announcement

When is TGS?

FUCKING ZINAIDA, REEEEEEEEEEEEE

9/21 to 9/24.

3 months away. Joy.

I get a sense of immersion when doing whatever, but if one company does something I don't like then I'll just never work for them, or at least try to.

We're gonna get it on July 10th guys, calling it now.

I doubt we'll see anything in July, unfortunately, but I won't rule it out as a possibility. But, after that, we've still got Gamescom on Aug. 22, TGS in Sept. and PSX sometime in December. Plenty of chances yet, this year. Until then, there are plenty of other games to play. I, for one, will be spending July on FF12-HD.

FROM at this point literally has nothing officially announced. if there is a time for hype, it is now.
FFXII was one of those games i could never finish, even after putting 60 or so hours into it, on 2 separate occasions.
i always get the urge to play it, but as soon as the words "manufacted nethicite" enter my brain i'm like, yeah, that was a horribly boring story that i wouldn't want to put myself through again.
i didn't even know what i was supposed to care about.
top notch characters and dialogue though - genuinely well written - but fuck if i had any idea what was going on at any given moment.

Are there any good psp AC games?

Formula Front Extreme Battle.

thanks my man. I'm emulating a couple psp games and heard this franchise was good, so I'll start there.

There is Armored Core 3, Armored Core Silent Line, Armored Core Last Raven also, but FFEB is the only I've played on psp.

Which would be best to start with assuming they're all straight up ports?

3 > SL > FFEB > LR for the playthrough order.

Oh yeah, FFXII, I remember that at certain point, I wasted so much time doing huntings and getting the eidolons, that when I decide to comtinue the plot, I forgot everthing, I had to read a summary until that point to remember

Bump

I dunno if this is true but,
Final Zinaida is programmed to be higher than you so try boosting untill you reach the ceiling.
If it works zinaida will keep boosting up trying to get higher.

You can emulate the original 3 AC games if you've jailbroken your PSP. I would also own the original 3 games just for morality reasons.

Am I bad for using UWs to beat a mission in VD?

If you can pull it off, good on ya. Try doing it in hardcore mode.

Say hi to my waifu for me.
That's the chronological order, but honestly, Formula Front is optional and very different from the other games.
Definitely go 3 -> Silent Line -> Last Raven. You can data transfer parts in that order.

Bump.

The idea recently came to my head about stacking my AC well overweight with Sentry guns and a sniper cannon, which I would deploy as many of and get a couple of free potshots from across the map for the first few seconds of the match and then purge both before going all in as usual with my high mobility build.

It was pretty fun, and actually quite broken for a few missions where targets just sit around until you fire at them at least once or when you walk a certain distance.

It also worked against some slower ACs, but I'm pretty shit at manual aiming so for the targets I could get the best bang for the two shots I have with the sniper cannon before I need to ditch it since the enemy is closing in, namely, other light ACs, I'm not getting much use out of, outside of the extremely lucky hits, which easily shave off many 1000s of hp each shot.

I'll try some other superheavy weapons and see how well they compare, or whether or not I should just ditch the superheavy weapons altogether and deploy some jammers to go with the sentry guns instead.

Your waifu is an annoying bitch.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH

Uh oh, Maggy just left and it looks like she joined the foundation or some shit.

Am I gonna have to discipline a bitch?

God, the outside area markers in VD are really pissing me the fuck off. I've failed several missions straight while kiting my opponent because the threshold between the warning and the self-destruct is thinner than my high-boost range and there isn't a map telling me where the fuck I am or where the lines are.

It's really ruining my immersion here, senpai. Just when I'm starting to have fun doing some crazy acrobatics with my AC to dodge some really persistent missiles while at the same time being shot at from the front, I hear like a half a second of beeping and the next thing I know OUTSIDE AREA is plastered on my screen and I self-destruct for no good reason, like my pilot has a fucking explosive collar on and Maggy will absolutely blow my brain to the moon if I so much as step on the arbitrary red line she drew in the area.

At this rate, I wouldn't even have minded a solid wall encasing all maps rather than this.

Say that online and not to my face see what happens.

I have a 2012 macbook, so I don't think I can emulate any of the ps2 AC games properly. Do they control well enough with just one stick?

They're about as bad as most of the PS2 missions, but because most areas are open, there aren't walls to stop you.

I think AC4/FA spoiled us with massive warning areas so that you could fight someone in the actual warning area on your own and never fall out of the area.

You'll figure it out eventually and learn the limits of the area and then it will be second nature, then border-sama will never take your life again.

>I have a 2012 macbook, so I don't think I can emulate any of the ps2 AC games properly. Do they control well enough with just one stick?

You can use two sticks and just remap the controls through PPSSPP. They control alright with one stick if you use the symbol buttons for camera control, you just miss out on some things.

The easiest way to play is to just remap the D-pad to your R analog stick, and then don't use the D-pad.

>Final Zinaida is programmed to be higher than you so try boosting untill you reach the ceiling.

This is true, and if you stay at the top of the area, she will too.

The best PS2 AC games (3, SL, LR) all have a PSP port. Start with 3.

She's just accepting her role in the natural order of things, she couldn't keep running from the battlefield forever...

To the benefit of at least Last Raven (and I'm pretty sure all ACs before it), you had a little minimap, which drew the lines quite clearly, and you can tell well in advance if you were about to insta-lose. Not so for VD. And is it just me, or does the area limit line not render until you're about 100m away from it?

Oh sweet thanks! Maybe i can make a carboard input gate for my controller

do you not have USB ports on a macbook?

Ok how do I beat Neon Might? He's the only VR Ranker I've had trouble with so far.

Which one was that?

Rank 3, tank legs.

Big energy based weapons on the back and you fight him in a cramped area that looks like a space station landing bay?

Bring a fast AC with a machine gun and laser blade. Stay behind him at all times.

I hope she inst your waifu or some shit

Don't fight him head-on. Try to out-turn him and get behind him. Use the spaceport's pillars and other things as cover.

Also stack energy defense. Legs like LYNX and VIXEN are great at having good turning and high energy defense, so they're perfect for this.

I also think he doesn't have a lot of missile defense, so packing lots of missiles can help for offense.

I do, by input gate I meant a little piece of cardboard with an X cut into it to make the analog stick only slide in the cardinal directions. Keeps bullshit from happening when you try to press one direction and slip a little

Why would you need do that? D-pad is 8 directional in AC, even when you remap it.

youtube.com/watch?v=8L4md6J3sMw

>1:17 of awesome briefing
>23 seconds of intro dialogue and climbing/positioning
>15 SECONDS OF ACTUAL COMBAT
>15 seconds of ending dialogue and fade out

I love you FA but why you gotta be like that

this is just like
>muh real war

there's maybe only a few missions in ACFA that ever require more than a minute of gameplay and it frustrates me to no end

the better you get at the game the worse it feels to play

W-why?

Holy shit, i beat Zinaida.

Took a heavyweight with a pixie3 machinegun with energy exceed orbit.